Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Seattle, Washington - Denture Disaster

1.5
About 2 years ago an Aspen dentist recommended dentures for my dental problems: Full uppers & partial lowers. The recommended plan included crowns for 4 of the remaining 6 lower teeth. At that time I asked about the advisability of removing all my teeth & getting full upper & lower dentures. I was told I would be much happier if I followed the Aspen recommendation. I followed this advice and paid about $15,000 for the treatment which included about $10,000 for the 4 crowns. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed a problem with one of my remaining lower teeth. I went back to Aspen & was examined. I was told that all the previous dental work needed to be removed & replaced with a full lower denture. The quoted cost is $4881.80. In my opinion, I was given an incredibly bad initial treatment plan recommendation by Aspen & that I paid dearly for putting my trust in Aspen. Aspen has not accepted any responsibility at all for this situation & has shown no interest in sharing the financial burden of their incorrect recommendation. Aspen seems more interested in extracting more money from me. I do not want charity. I do expect professional dental care combined with honesty, integrity, sincerity & responsibility. I find it impossible to believe that the Aspen business model was designed to meet any of these expectations. Aspen encourages patients to submit reviews on Google & Facebook; however, the reviews shown on the Aspen website do not include the 1 & 2 star reviews & only a portion of the 3 star reviews. Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website to see many other negative reviews & serious complaints.

You expected competence, honesty, intergrity, sincerity, and responsibility from ASPEN??????? WHY???

Would you expect it from a gang member? An embezzler? A carjacker?? No?

Then why on earth would you expect it from a seedy corporate run by Wall Street private equity crooks? Gosh, if you wanted all of those attributes, you would have gone to an independent dentist with a good reputation that owned his own practice, wouldn't you? Those clowns never offered you saving two lower roots and making an overdenture. That is by far the most economical and comfortable solution.

A lot cheaper than FOUR crowns and a partial denture! You live and learn.

For goodness sakes, find yourself a decent independent dentist. In the future, remember that you should never even walk in the door of any health clinic that advertises on TV.

@Anonymous

Couldn't have stated it better myself.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1519389 Review #1519389 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Amount of mistakes made
  • Quality of workmanship
  • Are a rip off company not truthfulnot dependable
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Eagan, Minnesota - My wifes dentures suck

my wife had dentures made at aspen dental wooster ,ohio late 2018 . she returned them because they looked like bucky beaver, after a big black woman tried to intimidate her and words with others in the office. they finally made her another plate . The 2nd. denture also sucks ,they need smoothed & repolished in the front too look & fit properly . They are starting the same song & dance to make the long story short. so now what do we do before taking legal steps.

1st thing to do is kick yourself in the butts for going to a shyster operation like A$pen instead of a competent regular dentist. I doubt at this point you will get them to redo it again at no charge, and they sure are not going to give your money back. Guess the best thing to do at this point is to chalk it up to a hard lesson learned, and start over with a decent independent dentist.

Review
#1519224 Review #1519224 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Rockville, Maryland - Went back and hopefully they will correct my bill

I went back to aspen dental and hopefully they will redo my bill and correct it I will let you know

Hopefully they will start doing competent dentistry. Hopefully they will start obeying state laws that prohibits non-dentists from owning dental offices.

Hopefully they will quit scamming patients. Hopefully they will quit airing lying TV ads that disparage honest independent dentist.

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Brockton, Massachusetts - Faulty dentistry

I went to Aspen dental to have an extraction done and some cavities filled. I was very nervous and before making an appointment had even considered finding a sedation dentist but didn’t have the time or money to research it. I got 4 fillings done around sept 2018. Two of them fell out around Decemeber and I was not eating hard food or anything and these fillings I had just opened up a credit card and was charged for fell out. Two remain in tact but it hasn’t even been a year and I’m concerned for them as they are in teeth closer to the front of my mouth. DO NOT go here it seems as though they hire people fresh out of school and do not train or shadow them. The other fillings I have in my mouth were filled probably almost 20 years ago and never so much as chipped and these fell out after less than 6 months!

Better off going to a REAL dentist with experience who does silver amalgam or gold inlay fillings on back tooth, instead of leaky white resins that crumble or fall out in no time. Not much good that a criminal clinic like Aspen is good for, except doing spring cleaning on your wallet!

Aspen Dental in Manchester, New Hampshire - Awful

Every time I go I. There is yelling from the employees. They say one thing to you and then everything changes. Make me wait for 2 1/2 hours I. A room. They don’t know from their head to their *** Awful place.

Be glad they are yelling at each other and not at you. I've heard of it happening.

Everybody is tryng to scapegoat everyone else for not hitting the impossible sales target set by corporate management. The same *** management makes them overbook patients for the young dentists so the schedule is always a mess.

This results in long wait times like you experienced. That is why it is always better to go to independent dentists who own their practices.

Poor customer service

I will never go to any Aspen Dental again.

We're seniors citizen living in Palm Coast, Fl. retired ages 68 yrs and 72 yrs old so we have been around for awhile. Everyone was friendly at first at Aspen Dental but when we started asking questions staff demeanor change as if we shouldn't as questions. Doctors are suppose to "do no harm" and care for new and old patient. I thought I could trust this doctor to take of me. My experience on November 14, 2018 and I will never forget that day. The Doctor was Savanna Peterson . Dr. Rennie was great and his wife was great too. If you have to go to the dentist at Aspen Dental ask for Dr. Rennie or his wife both of them are "Great"

Any decent young dentist who works for Aspen will be gone in less than a year. Nobody with any conscience want to work for these crooks for long.

You thought you could trust them? Why? You think you can trust Wall Street con artists who think they can illegally muscle into the dental profession to make a quick buck? That is like trusting the Mafia to refinance your house.

Because of no state income tax, Florida is FILLED with good dentists. There are TWO dental schools in your state.

Yet you decided to go to the crookedest dental clinic around! For goodness sakes, find an honest independent dentist before the Aspen malpractice team does a number on your mouth!

Good customer service

Aspen Dental - Disgusting partial

Teeth pulled 2/27/18. Next day follow up and temp partial put in. Told them that day that partial was ugly and didn't even ?look like teeth 2 weeks later. Went back and it was relined still hurt and was ugly went back a few more times. I think temporary partial should have been remade. Kept getting excuses. Gums and roof of mouth sore swollen and feel raw. Now it has been 4 months of being in pain. From from poorly made temp Nothing will be done no matter what I tell them. I AM IN PAIN and have ugly partial in my mouth

Temporary partials are hard to make comfortable. We have to estimate where we think the gums will end up after the teeth are extracted.

If a lot is care is taken, and it is lined with soft material, they can be tolerated most of the time. Not much chance that a chop shop like Aspen can do the job right.

Perhaps a competent independent dentist can line them with a material called "tissue conditioner" so you can use them. Don't go to any more sleazy corporate clinics again.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Capital, Illinois - Friendly and competent.

4.2
Nobody likes to go to the dentist. Thus, often when the littlest thing goes wrong, or expectations are not met, then this triggers BRS (Bad Review Syndrome). I can't speak for everybody or every situation, but my 10 month experience with Aspen was better than I expected. I had 6 teeth pulled, one implant screwed in and a crown placed on it, and a set of upper dentures fitted for. Considering all this, it went well. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and the dentures fit! And when I lost a tooth on my new dentures, because I made some cookies that could have served as hockey pucks, they replaced it quickly and pleasantly, and at no charge. Braveo to the Dekalb-Aspen staff. I would eagerly recommend their services. Thanks Bob.

Bob, write us back in a year when you lose one of those infamous Aspen implants. Tell us how you feel then.

Write us again when you lose another denture teeth. Aspen's dentures are sloppily made. The wax isn't cleaned off the teeth before processing, so the bond with the acrylic often fails. The is the most common Aspen denture complaint.

There are two types of Aspen patients: 1. Those that have been shafted. 2.

Those that haven't been shafted yet. Glad you are still in category 2, but everyone who goes there eventually ends up in category 1.

Good customer service

Aspen Dental in Cumming, Georgia - Crooks,,,,bad works took all my money

3.4
every tooth they fixed the filling fell out and they fixed the last 3 or 4 twice ,,the one tooth that the filling stayed in they wanted to take it out and crown it ,,there is still no cavity discoloring or discomfort ,,every time i went in even for a cleaning they tried to get me for a grand or more ,, i live on disability and i sold family things to pay for all the dental work and that is on top of the insurance i had ,,, something should done to them ,,i now have no cash and most of my top teeth are gone ,,thanks to them

Go beyond stating your case on this board. File a formal complaint to your state Board of Dentistry, Attorney General, and Office of Consumer Affairs. Aspen Dental must be stopped.

Victimize the poor, the elderly, the disabled- that is Aspen for you. If they provided decent treatment it would be bad enough.

But the treatment you receive is slipshod, 2nd rate even by Mexican standards. In the future, any professional that advertises on TV is someone you should always avoid.

View more comments (1)
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Scioto, Ohio - Over charged

They use high pressure sales tactics and then tell you one price and charge you a higher price. I had to go back out and get an itemized copy of what they were charging me since the numbers didn’t add up and I was not given a copy at the time of visit.

Your not supposed to check their addition. Your not supposed to question anything.

Just pay the whole amount via a high-interest long shark. Aspen will be happy, its employees will be happy, the TV stations airing Aspen ads will be happy.

Of course, you will be in the poorhouse, but what are you compared to all those other people that need your money? Now run back to Aspen with the rest of the Sheeple, and be fleeced.

Pricing issue