Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Aspen Dental - Need to speak to someone please
On 8/21/19 I went to AspenDental for a routine check up (“had no pain in my tooth’s”) and was advised to get a deep cleaning and bridge for the support of my back tooth which I agreed.. on the 9/17/19 the bridge prep and deep cleaning was done to my tooth’s... after...

Guess why most dentists do not do bridges anymore? Because cutting teeth down for bridges so often makes the pulps die, then root canals or necessary.

That is why implants should be used to replace teeth, not bridges. Why didn't your (probably young) dentist offer an implant and implant crown? Probably because he did not know how to do implants and would have to refer to a surgeon. He would not get a commission for it.

So he wanted to do a bridge, for which he would receive a big fat commission. In the old days, we dentists used to do more conservative bridges with gold. This required much less cutting of teeth. Some of us still do these fine bridges where patients let us.

But unfortunately, most patients demand white porcelain back to their wisdom teeth. Porcelain bridges require a lot of cutting.

View more comments
Review
Pros
  • Uncaring dont care about your time i quess
Cons
  • Dont care about you
Damaged or defective
Full refund
  • Sketchy Service

Aspen Dental in Odessa, Texas - So much for valued customer!

2.3
I live in Odessa, Tx. I have a horrible toothache and I called today, October 3, 2019, to see if they could get me in. At first, they thought I was a new patient and they told I could come in at 10:15 am, then I told them that I wasn’t a new patient. They then preceded to tell me they couldn’t get me in until October 15th. They just lost a customer.

But you misunderstand. A new patient they could have bilked out of thousands of dollars for supposedly "needed" but as yet undiagnosed treatment needs.

They could have only bilked you out of the money for an extraction or a root canal.

So they put you off. The bottom line is what is important at Aspen, not keeping existing patients who have already been bilked of money.

Let the company propose a solution
  • Stay Away Bad Company

Aspen Dental in Harlem, Illinois - Bad dentures in every way

I went with the top of line dentures i was back every week with one problem or another. They would take them an grind them The alignment is way off the center of my front teeth are off to the left eye .I have to take them out to eat. I was told they could reline them for 500.00 just awful!!!

"Top of the line" dentures. LOL!

Aspen's best dentures are not as good as the worst denture a 2nd year dental student makes on a very bad day!

The funny thing, the $500 charge for a reline is more than an experienced independent dentist like me charges! Sure did not save any money going to those butchers, did you?

Review
Cons
  • Did not deliver quality an correct product
Damaged or defective
Price reduction

Aspen Dental in Clearwater, Florida - Not happy with service

1.6
I find this office rude, not friendly does not answer questions appropriately staff acts annoyed when asking about plan and charges. Everytime I came in I was quoted a different amount for payment. Not happy with the quality of the partial I ordered not the right color and does not fit well.

Not happy with the partial with the metal framework made in China, cheap teeth, and cold-cured acrylic? There is no worse place you could have gone to for partials.

They don't even have the machines necessary to design partials properly.

Might as well give up and do what you should have done to start with: go to a reputable independent dentist and have it done right. Don't dare go to another sleazy chain like Affordable Dentures.

Review
Pros
  • Timely appointments
Cons
  • Belittled
  • Business practices
  • Lack of knowledgeable staff
Full refund
  • Terrible Dentures

Aspen Dental in Chicago, Illinois - Dentures

3.0
I went to Aspen dental in highland Indiana on 9/28/19 got my dentures they were crooked way to big hurt my upper gums so i called 10/1/19 no answer finally someone answered that worked for customer service she tried calling still no answer mean while my mouth hurts she said she would send a message to the managers email and she would get back to me never did now today is 10/2/19 called again the receptionist answered and said i will let the manager know she will get back to today my experience with other dentist when you get your dentures they are right there to see if you have problems they were nowhere to be found the manager has yet to call me back

They got your money. They don't want to call you back.

Any adjustments are no-charge visits that will not earn the dentist any commission.

Thus zero interest in making your comfortable. Why you paid big bucks for their Comfy-Junk dentures instead of going to a reputable dentist and having a really good set made for the same price is beyond my comprehension.

Aspen Dental in Crestview, Florida - Horrible...Money $$$ ...racket

1.5
My husband and self went to the Crestview Florida office after moving to Florida...after tons of X-rays examinations and probing they told my husband he had serious gum disease and needed to start a deep cleaning regime($1000) my husband went and it lasted less than 20 min and said it was nothing more than a reg cleaning...once they get you on this documentation all cleanings thereafter cost $200 extra than ins.....we've never missed check ups and brush daily and floss at least twice a week..BEWARE

UPDATE......Aspen without my knowing credited my Credit Card back for all costs...United HC advised me to call the State Insurance Commission and also Fla Health Comm in Tallahassee which I've now done..they are sending me Complaint Forms to fill out, also the lady I spoke with said they have had lots of calls about Aspen...I'm hoping I can do as much damage as possible to this Scam Company and assist in putting them out of business. Please anyone, if you get Scammed by this Company, get in touch of your State Commissions, there is help out there, you just have to inquire and call for it.

TranquilCeskyFousek203

I just had a deep root cleaning...15th to be exact, 1st of Aspen, it normally takes 2 appts, and at least 1:15 to complete ea time....this time it was less than an hour, and didn't feel like I was getting a deep root cleaning, rather a regular basic cleaning....$1900

@TranquilCeskyFousek203

Another thing: for deep scaling and root planing it is virtually always necessary to numb patients with anesthetic. Going into deep pockets with instruments is no comfortable! If there was no numbing, you probably did not get a deep scaling and root planing.

@Anonymous

Thanks for your response...I asked the 'dentist' if she was good with the needle...she said they didn't use needles, but a Gel instead...so I received the 'Gel' which was a very slight numbing, not even close to an anesthetic applied by a needle that I'm used to, where you know you're numb and takes a few hours to wear off, this had worn off before I was even out of the chair. I'm getting madder just sitting here typing about this.

@TranquilCeskyFousek203

TranquilCeskyFousek203 Port Orange Fla Called Medicare twice last week to tell them about the situation, and try to prevent them from paying the charge/1/2 the Bill ($889 their charge-$918 mine) that they were charged for my "deep root cleaning"..they haven't received the Bill yet. I'm supposed to call back tomorrow, Monday for an update......I also called American Express to have them stop payment...too late, however they did credit my account ($918) and told me Aspen was going to have to Prove to them I got a DR Cleaning before they pay them...Nothing get me madder than getting ripped off, and when I see all the other complaints of older people getting taken advantage of! I will do all I can to help put this SCAM out of Business....GLTA, I'll keep posting results of what is happening to that end, along with hopefully getting reimbursed.

@TranquilCeskyFousek203

UPDATE THURS OCT 10TH...Just got a call from Aspen...they asked me what the problem was, I told them I came in for a Deep Root Cleaning and al I got was a regular everyday cleaning....she asked me to come in to be examined to see what happpened, I told her I'd never step foot in their office again, and told them to look on the Internet, they are a complete SCAM

No deep cleaning takes only 20 minutes. We schedule two 1.5 hour appointments for 4 quadrants of scaling and root planing, plus a shorter appointment after that to polish the teeth.

Here is what happens. Rinky-dink dental plans pay a pittance for regular cleanings. So Aspen "upcodes" regular cleanings to scaling and root planings to make a killing. This is what Wall-Street-investor-owned clinics do.

This is why it is against the law in most states for non-dentists to own dental offices. Aspen has a team of lawyers that fight these laws.

View more comments (6)
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in New York, New York - Confused

I made appointments for my children, Aspen confirmed the appointment before date I told them what insurance we CDPHP. Day I appointment I took off work and went only to be told by receptionist they don’t take my insurance we have to pay out of pocket. I called the number and complained, I was told they should have seen my children. I loss a day of work. They are confused and still to this day I haven’t received a follow up call or nothing.

Don't know what CDPHP is. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have crummy insurance that any dentist would lose money treating your children.

You would not want butchers like those that work at A$pen to treat your precious children anyway. Sometimes dental insurance plans are not worth the premiums they cost, especially if they force you to use substandard dentists.

Miss leading
1.1
I needed several teeth filled due to medical issues. They scheduled a cleaning first. Felt that it needed to be done but the teeth should have been filled before that. They then called me the day of my appointment and cancelled. It was two weeks until they had a...

Every good dental office takes blood pressure before treatment. Even crummy offices like Aspen do it.

Why? Anesthetic has epinephrine in it which can raise blood pressure even more. Patients can have a hemorrhagic stroke during dental treatment if their blood pressure is too high. Would you want that?

Of course, they could have put you on a tranquilizer, and that perhaps would have brought your BP down. Never heard of having fillings for medical reasons, and I have practiced for 40 years. Teeth with cavities need fillings, regardless of any medical condition. Any tartar MUST be cleaned off before fillings are done.

Otherwise the fillings might rest on tartar instead of sound teeth, or the gums may bleed into the fillings.

Regardless of all the BS misinformation in your mind, it is good you left Aspen. Hopefully you will go to a competent independent dentist who owns his practice, instead of another corporate clown club clinic.

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer relations due to poor quality work
  • No Bedside Manner

Aspen Dental in West Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania - Rates are ridiculous

I have a discount plan and was quoted almost $6000 for an implant for one tooth. Really? Who can afford that? They are fine for small stuff but heaven forbid you need a root canal or something more

With the CAT scan, surgical guide, implant, abuttment, and implant crown, single tooth replacement runs about $4500 in my practice, if no grafting is needed. Pay $6000 at Aspen and I can guarantee you will get a slipshod job.

Who can afford $4500?

Many patients can. I provide this service to a lot of people, many of whom do not have dental insurance.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental - They are a scam company!! Don’t go there!!

I was calling around and checking cleaning prices from dentists! And I spoke to them on the phone Made an appointment for a cleaning and exam And they said the first exam and cleaning are free And then the cost of cleaning every 6 months would be 77 So no charge for your first appointment! And reasonably priced cleanings in the Future So went there this morning They took xrays free and all fine there Then the hygienist came in and did an exam and said I have gingivitis! And need a special 530 dollar cleaning! And did not even clean my teeth!! I left!! I was just at dentist 6 months ago! And was fine It’s a scam ! Don’t go there! The free exam and cleaning is a ploy to get you in there!!

The old bait and switch. Heard the story a thousand times.

Get the patient in the door with the promise of free stuff, then hook them with hundreds or even thousands of dollars for services they don't really need.

You are fixated on price, when you should be fixated on honesty and competence. What good is finding a cheap dentist if he is dishonest and recommends treatment you don't need anyway?

Not as described/ advertised