Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental Sucks

When I told Aspen Dental that I would not be able to have the dental work done that they were recommending they informed me that my insurance would cover it. After the work was done I had to charge three hundred dollars to my mothers charge account and I also had to pay over four hundred dollars in cash. For one year I received a bill telling me that the balance was being billed to my insurance and then three months later I received a letter from a collection agency for tree hundred fifty dollars. Only in the United States
Dr.Bleckstein

Aspen Dental must be stopped. A multi-state Class Action Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group.

If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email and phone number to the following email address:

Dr.Bleckstein@gmail.com

The more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry and the faster Aspen will fall.

All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action. There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard.

Review
#190758 Review #190758 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental in Lexington, South Carolina - Paid for work that has not been fixed right tired of run around

i have had teeth pulled partials made do not fit went back&back&back get the point.went another aspen dental office same thing if you cant make teeth to fit why wont you just refund so i can find another dentist that can. its nit hard just write a check & mail it.or you must not speak english??????????give me a *** break aspen dental ohio.im currently with the newark ohio office. started at zanesville ohio office wont go back there unless dentist is gone.my whole life ive dealt with the public & now i no why some are so angry when they come some place new. its places like aspen dental that give other businesses a bad name.

Review
#190707 Review #190707 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental in Alexandria, Virginia - Billings mistakes and won't give me my credit

On June 1, 2010, Aspen Dental charged my husband $348.00 for services that our insurance company was to pay because Aspen's computer had wrong info about what our insurance company would pay. I called Aspen immediately and they verified everything I said that was suppose to be covered was correct since they called our insurance company. At that point, they would not cancel the charge. Instead they submitted a new claim to our insurance company and the insurance paid them $200.00 nine days later. It has been 7 weeks and Aspen Dental still has not re-imbursed us our $200.00 credit. Every time I call them, they are very lax about the whole situation. Needless to say, we won't be going there again. Time for a new dentist.

OMG I am going through the same thing with Aspen Dental!I had work done on my teeth that was not covered by my insurance.I paid the full amount due 5 months later out of my pocket.That was almost 2 years ago.Now I just found out Aspen refilled the claim and my insurance did pay them and I had already paid them so there was NO claim to be filled! Not only did Aspen get my $2347.00 but also from my insurance co and I have not recieved any $$$$$$ back!!I am still fighting with them.......

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

RE: Aspen Dental, Holland, MI. I visited this office on 6/14/10 & had x-rays & a deep cleaning.

They presented me with a procedure plan & got a line of credit for me. I didn't go back since I found a local dentist who could preform the same services for less. I told them that I was changing dentist & wouldn't be back. I called a few days later & asked out my refund.

They said: "Oh you want a refund". I still do not have my refund as of 7/29/10 & get no help from them. I think it is very unethical & probably illegal to charge for procedures that have not been preformed. I am very angry & want my money refunded ASAP.

I am paying interest on an amount that is almost $4000 more that what they have done. I am on disability & can not afford to pay all of this interest on something that I do not owe. If they are using my money, they should pay the interest.

I have been mislead through this whole ordeal & will never refer anyone to them. I also intend to tell anyone I can about their suspicious practices.

:cry :cry :cry iwas charged $3000 plu they want $2000 more & i cant get them to fix what they started or my money back.everybody whines do something about and maybe they wont get away with this crp.

BastekA,

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I am going to pass this on to the patient satisfaction team. I will also talk with the office manager at the Chelmsford office.

Thanks again,

Allie

View more comments (4)
Review
#190316 Review #190316 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Wanted me to do 7k dental work all uneeded

i went in for their free x-ray but then they charged $10. i got them to give me back the $10 + they said they would forward my x-rays to my original dentist which they did not. they told me i needed dental work of 7k. i needed none. then i got a mailing saying they would charge 25% off the 7k. after that i got two phone calls per the mailing despite fact i was on the wisconsin no call list. the dentist himself was plain rude. one of their lines is that amount of work is what the dentist would recommend ideally not necessarily what you would want & therefore is not malpractice.
Dr.Bleckstein

If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email address and phone number to the following email address:

Dr.Bleckstein@gmail.com

The more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

This is the same scam they are running at the Bourbonnais, IL office. Company motto must be scam, deceipt, fraud anything for the money!

View more comments (1)

Aspen Dental in Detroit, Michigan - Billing inpropriety

Recently I received a dunning call from Aspen's collection department. I called the local office and they agreed with my records that I owed nothing. They called their financial office and were told that I had exceeded my annual benefit for 2009 and therefore other work was charged at a non-participating (undiscounted) rate. I checked with my insurance company who informed me that such a charge was in violation of their contract with Aspen, that the insurance coverage included blanket participating rates. The collection department continued to dun me and Aspen continued to be evasive. They did offer to knock $50 off the claimed balance, but never addressed their contract violation. This is a scam and Aspen has been deliberately evasive in addressing it. Lousy, unethical and illegal business practice.

Aspen Dental in Reston, Virginia - Unnecessary bitewings insurance don't cover

Aspen Dental in Rome,New York, are scam artists. They know my insurance company, and have done business with them for years. I took my 2 daughters to them to get their teeth cleaned. The dentist took bitewing x-rays on both my daughters, and six months later, did the bitewings again. The insurance company pays for 1 x-ray per year. Not to mention, my daughters have perfect teeth, not 1 cavity in sight, so why the extra bitewings? Now I'm stuck with a bill that was unnecessary. I tried calling to get some help. Nope. I'm done.

I too was charged for a full set of X-rays when in fact I had only one done. I've called them twice and have gotten the run around like others.

I over paid and so did my insurance company thus I'm due a refund and so is the insurance company. I was also told that they, Aspen, haven't received payment yet from my insurance company, Thus I called them. They not only got paid but the insurance company also told me the date the check was cashed. I've currently got a call into them but thus far no returns and don't really expect I will.

Next step is to contact their home office in New York but not even sure that will help.

I too think they might be a little dishonest in their billing!!! I'm not going to give up until they get things corrected, I hope???

Aspen Dental in Plano, Texas - Will not listen

Ihave a set of temps. that do not give me any comfort when they are installed. Resident dentist doesn't listen to complaints. States that he can notdo anything to relief of problem unless he has a sore.made a call to aspen dental only to be put off with "i'll return your call" last week. Still waiting forthe return call. there should be an another aspen dental I can go to for propr teatment. After putting out over $5000.00 and seeing all those commercials you think I would be able to get proper teatment from aspen dental.

j taylor

:( :( and guess what im in the same boat as you & still not getting anywhere i just wont a refund. cant seem to find the owners of this corporation.patientservices is ajoke so i allie of aspen dental.but no one will do anything but talk&complain.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. The patient satisfaction team should be able to help you with your concerns. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendent.com.

aspen dental is a big ripoff

View more comments (3)
Review

Aspen Dental in Hebron, Indiana - Charged for services never used to credit card

I went in for a broken tooth and filled out the paperwork to get credit established for the work I needed. I then went and got a second opinion and choose a different dentistry. They charged me for work that was never preformed 2 months in advance. The day I filled out the paperwork, was the day I was charged. $3900.00. Buyer beware. Do you homework before signing papers with them. This was just a consultation! Michagan City, Indiana does not have the same dentists. I was told they are rotated in and out on a regular basis. The office manager makes the decisions on the time lines of the work to be preformed. The dentist has no say so. This is a joke. Any good dentist will be the one calling the shots, not the person that has no experience!

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

they did same thing to my husband. And I entered into the 50/50 plan with them and have paid every month on time and double what I need to pay and I just recieved a letter from collections that they sent me to them for failure to pay.

When I tried to talk to office manager she stated I was not sent to collections and she knew nothing about it.

She would call me on monday (6/28) to tell me what she had found out.. funny it is now 7/5 and still no word from them and when I call it goes to voice mail..but I am still fighting to prove that my credit is good and get my credit card percent dropped back down (it was raised because of being sent to collections) and the denture they made me still does not fit and does not match color of my real teeth.(and they charged me twice to top it off.

tina really you had to "speak of it"?? is english your first language.

If this was a proof reading contest, I guess you would win! This forum is for informing the consumer so they can make a better choice. Get a life and drop the attitude!!!!!!!!

I have been reading all the complaints about Aspen Dental and I can't believe all the dumb people that can't spell!! It's ridiculous! I just had to speak of it!!!

View more comments (4)

Aspen Dental in Waukegan, Illinois - Dr Nadia Chowhan of Aspen is a Vulture

This doctors pursuit of money at the pain and suffering of her patients is reminiscent of the old movies where you see the vulture swoop in to pick over the bones of the dead leaving nothing untouch. The only dif is that this doctor causes the problems and then picks your pocket til there is nothing left. She is disgusting in her quest to just get money. I guess when you have to hop from state to state one step in front of getting your license revoked, you have to get it while you can. Aspen dental must be raking in to be able to afford to PAY OFF all the malpractice complaints. The problem is, most people don't realize they have been rooked because these dentists are gr eat at the shell game. Nadia Chowhan should be run out of town on a rail she is a piece of Dental GARBAGE that has washed up in our town. The practice is on 50 in front of Target. LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD, we should all get together with signs indicating what a *** ARTIST this doctor and office is!!!!!!!!!!! All for one and get her RUN OUT OF THE STATE!! Iowa here she comes.

She is not hard to find anymore. I starting reading about her AFTER I had my work done, what a terrible Dentist she is.

If this is the same one everybody is talking about the she is in monroe mi. They gave me my money back but the pain i am still going thru does not make it better :upset

#200478

this garbage is still practicing right here in our town. we need to DO something about it.

Filed my paperwork to be a part of the class action suit. Also have advised a recent victim of this office that she can easily have her confidentiality agreement (that reimbursed her 14000.00) overturned.

Since it then cost her over 20,000 to have what Nadia Chowhan and Aspen did to her corrected. The patient signed the agreement under duress. She had been in pain for over five MONTHS, had the WRONG teeth put in her mouth by Aspen, had and Aspen employee laugh in her face and tell her he thought her pain and suffering were FUNNY and then received a bunch of fake emails from aspen pretending to be other patients giving her legal advise.

They ASSAULTED her over and over again. She should be the poster-child for what these people will do for a buck.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

from what i've read here about this doctor going back about 8-9 months she's a real piece of work. she needs to be sued for everything and then kicked out of the dental profession.

sue them. this is the only way to make this company stop ripping people off.

View more comments (5)
$20000

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - Fraud

i went to aspen dental here in fairview park ohio because they have a promo for free exam and x ray for first time patient. after the check up the dentist tell me whats need to be done, well i know i have a good teeth so i only need to have a minor filling in one tooth and they gonna do it the next time i come back. well i never schedule another appointment yet because its only one filling. after a few weeks i recieve a bill from aspen dental for $200 for the exam they did to me and another stuff which they did not do it yet. why am i gonna pay this bill when they advertise free exams for new patient. this company is a fraud and charging our insurance for stuff they have not done yet.