Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

ASpen Dental So Fraudulent

Aspen Dental is not a good place DO NOT go there..Ruined my life !!!!!!! :( oh my god.. this is exactly what happened to me... they pulled 15 teeth and slapped on some temporary dentures that made me *** and would not stay in.. they kept putting soft liners in.. so i waited almost a year for my permanent dentures and when i was about to get them i saw there ad for implants... i was asking about it and they said yes those would be good for you .. they had not applied a 2500.00 credit to care credit the financing i found out...( i had the credit due to the fact that i found out that my teeth when they removed them didnt have to be surgically removed..they came out easily.. they had mentioned the credit that might happen afterwards to the account when we first started the process of getting dentures. that credit was not applied to care credit for almost 6 months.. and we found out about it when i asked if my teeth had to be surgially removed and they said no none of the did.. 6 months of them not applying the credit to care credit I dont know who is to blame for that... ) okay so back to the implant discussion when i was talking to them she was already getting it set up for them and i said wait we have a credit of 2500.00 and some odd cents that we could use for this right? Since we had paid off the balance due way before we found out that we had a credit. I am sorry that this bounces around so much.. so much to tell about my experience,, So anyway my xrays were up and i knew that i had alot of bone loss. so I HAd to ask them did i have enough bone on the top for implants.. and after i was already set up for an appt the dentist came in and saw that indeed i did not have enough bone at the top.. so they took that off...and they were only going to be able to do the bottoms...so the appt lady.. finiance lady i dont know what she was... she was so fast in getting it all in the computer.. it was like yeah. i am on a commision and i scored with this patient.. So i asked then the credit that we should of gotten can go towards this procedure she said.. I would not owe anything..I thought it was wierd.. i mean is my money just out there in aspen dental land somewhere and could be applied to this procedure but yet it couldnt be applied to care credit? anyway that was a nightmare.. and i figured if i can get my teeth to stay in it will be worth it...so everything was taken care of for the implants.. I have panic attacks horrible and take an ativan one hour before appt 10 minutes before appt and have an extra one if i need it during appt.. well i waited to long the 2 i took didnt do much so they told me take the 3rd one.. i dont even remember walking back to the procedure room.. all i remember is i woke up in the back set of our car screaming because it hurts so bad... they didnt tell my family anything only for me to keep my temp dentures in.. he was so frantic with my pain that he didnt hear to much they were saying.... I was in so much pain for about 3 days.. then i started to feel less and less pain... but i noticed that the implants one was in crooked... and my gums were so inflamed ( i also had gum disease) and a episode of facial cellulitis that i was hospitalized with after i went to them for a bad tooth problem before i even thought about dentures..) I dont know how you get facial cellulitis but that pain was worse than having a baby..i was in the hospital for 3 days hooked up to antibotics that had to be given intravenously every 4 hours. So i healed a bit with the implants.. my temps dentures were all so ill fitting with the implants i had to put over them as i wasnt healing right and i had to get a cleaning.. on my implants.. another appt i dont remember. and we had no more info as to what we should do... only my next appt to get my permanent dentures in 6 months after i had healed completely.. by this time i was wanting food solid food. meat.. meat.. i needed protein.. i was living on mashed potatoes and creme of wheat and yogurt,, Finally my teeth were ready...the crooked implant would be fine they said the implants have a 30% rotation room.. something like that... oh my god when i was told to snap on ,y bottom teeth it hurts so bad i was crying even with being all doped up..... and then they had me try to get them off.. i could not and i was in so much pain.. finally they gave me another ativan to calm me down.. i was told to go home i wasnt healed enough so another month and we tried again..finally they were okay.. but i clanked when i moved my mouth. these didnt feel like my teeth i had in these were really bad.. they removed them and put in again.. i dont know if they had mistakenly put someone elses teeth in me.. but these were bareable and i was told that it would take time to get used to them.. i mentioned there nap on teeth ad where people could go out and eat right afterwards.. well not everyone they said... it has been 2 years now and i still cant eat meat.. i have to use fixodent on my uppers to keep them in place.. but food still get underneath.. what food i can eat. i cant eat lettuce it feels like paper in my mouth i cant chew i have no ridges on my teeth.. i know i should go back to them for cleaning that they said i need every 3 months on my implants.. but i cant go near there anymore...they sent me out of there with some prescription mouth wash and a special tooth brush..that they charge me 41.00 for.. when i was told everything was paid for due to the credit not being applied to CARE CREDIT... Do NOT use CARE CREDIT.. it is so messed up..dont fall for procedures they say you can have done.. I should of realized this when a dentist i went to years ago and he said he would bankrupt me with everything i needed done.. and said i should go to Iowa City College of Dentistry and be able to make payments according to my income... but magically ASPEN DENTAL could do this for me.. what can you do after your teeth are all pulled.. you have to have faith in them.. but as soon as i found out they didnt credit our account or didnt apply the 2500 to the credit card.. we didnt know anything about it until i bought up the question were my teeth surgially removed.. and after hearing "oh no they werent" magically i had enough money for these implants but they were going to do the top also until i asked the dr.. the woman was already getting my appt ready for top and bottom.. and dr said no tops.. but bottoms.. well after 2 years of not being able to eat what i love only mush... because i cant chew...anything i take the smallest of bites..So I havent been back.. i could not understand my aspem dental dentist.. and he thought i was a big baby..."Mite and Mile mite and mile..." he was saying to me.. what ????? i couldnt they had given me the wrong teteth to put in my mouth...it was a friggin nightmare.. and I wish i knew how I could report them and all the trouble i had with them.. they also said i was owed 230.00 and they were going to send us a check.. it never came and they said oh we credited care credit..it was never done.. and we haven.t paid the 41.00 we owe for the special toothbrush to use on my implants or the mouth wash.. something is not right with this company.. and i think All about eyes and ASpen Dental and Care Credit are in this together ,, they are corrupt or something... not good business for sure.. I hope Someone else will let me know if you hear of a class action suite against them or Care Credit... Because i have a case..... Carole Farber :( my costs 8500.00 for dentures 2500.00 for bottom implants 6 of them

Thank you for your comments. I had scheduled a cleaning and will cancel it tomorrow. Not worth saving a few dollars.

Couldn't keep up with your story jumping everywhere!!...but I get the jist and I do feel bad for you!!

@Anonymous

I just got all my top teeth takin out and immediate dentures put in, I absolutely hate the dentures the are to big, I have to pull my top lip over just to cover the top! They said it was because my face was swollen that is why they are like that!

No my teeth were never that small and I don't have a high gum line! I don't recommend them!

Tyheim

I am ueing them right now. they did similar to me pls read outright fraud post.

Carole F

update on me..I have contacted a lawyer and he accepted my case.and you all need to do that also...its the only way we are going to stop this company... complaining brings awareness but actions get results.

if you are from the state of iowa contact me...

@Carole F

I went to one in Burlington Iowa for a broken tooth. They did 11 filings on teeth I never had issues with.

Now I can't eat due to intense pain and they are giving me the run around about it.

Kept me on hold for over 20 minutes while seeing what the dentist wanted to do. I think I will be forced to pay another dentist to fix this issue now.

Marge

Thank you for sharing your story! Hopefullyl it will help others make the decision to get work done elsewhere! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

View more comments (6)
Aspen Dental Dental Implants
  • Aspen Dental COMPLAINT

Aspen Dental review in Buffalo, New York: My Dentist Nightmare

The worst day of my life began when i had to have my teeth removed at Aspen Dental Cheektowaga office. The day after the removal you must see the dentist for safety precaution. I told the dentist who was Dr. Singh, the denture was too big and sticking out of my nose and i felt ugly; she replied that i looked like that when i came their so don't put that on her; i felt insulted; then i asked when i get my permanent dentures would i look better; she replied "don't ask me how your going to look, if you don't like the work that i have done then you could go some where else" she said this with the most sarcastic intention while laughing. i then asked about the $3,600.00 i had already paid which didn't include final price. Dr. Singh informed me there is no refund. i complained to the corporate office about my experience with Dr. Singh. They refused to give my money back; things got worse when i was sent to the Delaware Office in Buffalo,NY where i met Dr. Noell. i will be sharing more complaints at a later date please BEWARE OF ASPEN DENTAL THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART it is ALL ABOUT MONEY.

I had a similar experience with Dr Noell

Marge

feel free to post your story here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

John N

Was the dentist correct in her assertion(s)? In any event, she was correct---you voluntarily chose to go there for dentures and if you are unsatisfied, go elsewhere and, if you are really not satisfied, sue them for non-performance, etc.

You can also file a complaint with your state's dental regulatory agency. I would if they are in the wrong. Many people get ill-fitting dentures and say nothing. They should.

You pay alot of money for them and they should fit and feel and look good. If they do not, follow thru as I have stated.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Dental Services
  • unprofessional attitude

Resolved: Aspen Dental review in Haverhill, Massachusetts: Nightmare! Mouth full of wrongly implanted micro implants and more

Aspen Dental review - Nightmare!  Mouth full of wrongly implanted micro implants and more

Update by user Jan 07, 2015

Its been a while since I updated so here I am! Still without dentures, still having pain.

I had the micro implants removed by a very reputable dentist. I have moved forward with my lawsuit and am waiting to hear back from the Aspen Dental lawyers.

I had also filed a complaint with Massachusetts Health and Human Services Dentistry Licensing Board. I sent many photos as well as what I had experienced.

They took one look at my photos and escalated my complaint. A very nice woman contacted me from the Licensing Board who asked me many questions. I also was informed of more things that the Haverhill Aspen Dental dentist did against dental guidelines. She also neglected to give the licensing committee ALL of my xrays, just like she tried to do to me!

I was told that alone shows her character! My complaint went before a dental peer committee, and it was agreed that they do not want her practicing. The last I heard from the Licensing Board was that she had lawyers trying to fight for her to keep her license. How long can she fight it?

I don't know... I just hope she loses it soon and doesn't hurt anyone else in the meantime!

Update by user Mar 01, 2014

My lawyer has taken my case. He himself is a dentist and knows what he's looking at.

I had also filed a complaint with the Department of Public Health, Division of Health Professions Licensure, Office of Public Protection. I have been in contact with this office, and they have been wonderful. My case has been expedited to go before the dental board for review. At this time I don't dare say to much, but they have given me some reassurance that my claim is legit.

I am anxiously awaiting to see what will happen to her license (License status is currently "probation!").

A even scarier point is, even if her license was taken away, her daughter is practicing under her! Kind of reminds me of a monster movie when you think its over and the monster is gone, but they pan off to a dark corner with a hatchling or baby.

Update by user Nov 23, 2013

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Just an update on whats going on with me.

After posting my Aspen Dental Nightmare review I actually came into contact with the woman "AnnieFarber" who posted something similar has happened to her(her reply is below my post). We have drawn strength in each other, and we encourage each other to push forward. Her Aspen Dental Nightmare was in Iowa, and mine in New Hampshire. We spend hours online looking up information, and we are still amazed at all the carnage Aspen Dental has been leaving behind, ruining peoples lives!

We have each seen Lawyers. She has been damaged more then I have! Her Lawyer immediately took her case, while I am waiting for my Attorney to review all my dental records and xrays. If he doesn't take my case, I am not going to stop, I will find one that will!

I will update again, once I know I have an Attorney that will take my case(hoping by midweek I'll know).

Meanwhile there is strength in numbers! If anyone in Iowa had an Aspen Dental Nightmare, please send a message to my Facebook friend on the "Aspen Dental Nightmares" page.

Her attorney is looking for more people who want to file a claim against them(Iowa). https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

Original review posted by user Oct 24, 2013

PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them the five stars for... but after that it was all down hill once we financed dentures and extended care. I have anxiety problems and have been a bad gagger since childhood and they were reminded of this at every visit! I could not keep the dentures in without gagging. We were told that in order for the dentures to NOT make me *** the roof could be taken off, but that would mean I would have to have micro implants, so my dentures could snap in place and not move. Again we were told we would need a better pair of dentures to accommodate the implants, and we financed yet again more work... The day of the implants being put in, I was not medicated properly and voiced my concern that I felt it wasn't working. They told me it was my anxiety! The first implant was unbelievably painful and I was told it was ghost pain! Needless to say when I left I needed a cold compress for my jaw, and I probably came close to leaving my finger prints permanently imbedded in the chair. My new dentures finally came in, and i went to get fit into the new denture, but two of the implants were still bothering me and I wanted to wait. The dentist decided to go ahead and not engage the two uncomfortable posts. They ended up gluing those two posts into the dentures and were yanking on them for at least 5 minutes before they realized they were stuck... all the time I was SCREAMING and I was being told it was good they were in so tight that means it was a good fit! It was like getting teeth pulled with no Novocaine! They had to drill holes in my new dentures to get me out. One implant is now useless from being ground down so much. And one of them is still uncomfortable and its been about a year. I have since seen a new dentist and had a 3D scan of my implants, 2 are almost up into my sinus, some angled incorrectly, and some are not even embedded into bone at all. Needless to say.. I will never step foot in there again! Do NOT be swayed by their free xrays and consultation, its not worth it!
Nahom

That must be what they did to me. They were raving how well I brushed Etc.

etc. And then, suddenly Dr. Sidney Schultz pulled out my top middle front teeth and his helper Jade threw it into the garbage. I was hoping for a miracle;that they could put the teeth they stole from my gums back in.

Those teeth were pristine.

While I had an old amalgam filling in a back molar that was begging to get fixed. lesliejjones@yahoo.com

Shanequa
@Nahom

Jade, please return my real teeth and I will give you some jewelry in exchange. Where can we meet?

I'll even pay for lunch or dinner. makelemonade100@yahoo.com

What was your outcome?

I feel your pain. I too have a lawyer who has agreed to take my case.

My dentist at aspen not only caused injury because she slipped while pulling a tooth. But she removed all the bone that dentures need to sit on in the back. I have no ridge my mouth is flat. She also tried to convince me my dentures were fitting right I just needed time to heal.

The dentures in the front were so tall I couldn't close my lips. I also couldn't eat with them because of how bad the flexed. Fast forward after a couple visits and the dentist telling how stupid I was and knew nothing of what I was talking about I went to see a new dentist to see if the way the top dentures were right. I was 3 weeks into the healing of all my upper teeth being pulled.

The new dentist was shocked. He too said the dentures fit so badly it was almost like I was wearing someone else's teeth. He said he would try to help by putting in a soft liner which didn't help much at all. And a week later the denture snapped from all the flexing.

So now the 1600 dollar dentures were gone and I had nothing. So out of pocket I had to pay 1200 for a new denture. I got a hold of Aspen told them not so ever nicely I want my money back and transferred myself to the new dentist. I also called my insurance company told them of the issue there reply why did I have all my teeth pulled on the top.Well The dentist Susan Lee stated due to me having a gastric bypass my teeth had lost all the calcium.

And if I wanted to save all my teeth it would run me about 17000. With fillings and root canals and caps that's how much it would run and that was with me having duel coverage. Or top dentures for 1600. I live on a disability income of 703 a month so I went with dentures.

Insurance said my teeth were nowhere needing all the work she said I would need. Any way Aspen said bring the broken denture in and they would refund the 1600 for the denture. And send the money to my insurance so that they could cover my new denture made by my new dentist which they did. My new dentures were amazing I loved them.

Now I get a notice from my secondary insurance they are now being built by Aspen for dentures. Wait what?I thought Aspen would have build both of my insurance. They didn't. That 17000 they said it would cost was after billing only 1 insurance.

Fast forward new dentist got my exrays and is even more upset. I had 2 cavities and didn't need a single tooth pulled. And even though the dentures he made fit fine now as weeks go by it is very apparent they won't fit very long because of my shrinkage as the healing goes on. All the soft liners in the world won't make dentures fit.

I need to have bone grafting done. As because of the damage if I want to have teeth again it will be only with implants. Which my dentist doesn't do. So my dentist said he will go to court and help me with my fight against Aspen.

He will and the other dentist in his office and his assistant. I wish any and everyone would read this blog before thinking of going to Aspen Dental. My lawyer is going for negligence for medical bills and future surgery I am going to need. Oh did I mention As0en fired my dentist and the office manager?

Yup 2 months after my extractions. In case someone reads this in my area I went to the aspen by Vancouver mall.

And the dentist is Susan Lee. I am not sure were she is working as a butcher dentist now.

Does a dental assistant need to do the X-rays. Or can it be the office manager?

Naketa

Oh Dear God, what a HORRIBLE thing to have to go through!! I hope you and the first writer get everything you are asking for.

I have been approached by two different dentists, and there is NO WAY I will EVER have this done now.

I got chills just reading your story!! Wish you the best!

@Naketa

I had all-on-4 dentistry, surgery and implants done without any pain in Ensanada in June and am entirely satisfied, I had a concierge with me most of the time plus half the accommodation was free. I went to Cancun on first of October to have my permanents fitted and now am still very pleased with the excellent work and attention received.

They paid for the flight and accommodation to Cancun which was more like a vacation. I go back in March for a checkup. The cost was approximately 1/3 the cost of the same work with same materials as in California.

I have only praise for my dentist. Of course I did much research and even followed up with other past patients.

Thanks for taking time to write all this...I can't believe they are doing this.

I was almost got by them.

@jay

I got screwed out of $1400.00 at the Killeen, TX office. Was told I needed a root canal and new crown so I agreed to it cost $2400.00.

Which I now know I could have gotten at a reputable Dentist for $ 1795.00.

But the issue is first the Dentist said he could save tooth after he removed the old crown the cavity was small he could fix it and put new crown. Sounded good. But first crown he put in chipped first night, so go back he hammers and chisels it out almost broke jaw. Put another crown in, in about 6 weeks I had swollen jaw, gums under tongue look like I had golf ball in jaw severe pain so I called on Friday morning was told couldn't see me until following week.

I said NO my tooth is assess, I have to see someone today, was told someone would me back, didn't so about 2:00 pm severe pain all this time, I called the emergency line, Dr called me back and called in some antibiotics said come in following morning, I did, xrayed tooth and said you gonna have to get root canal, but Im sending you to specialist. So I spent $ 1400.00 for nothing but pain and misery now got to pay someone else to fix my tooth. $2,000 more. I have asked for refund of my money have not received it.

But will pursue it further if needed.

BOTTOM LINE DO NOT GO HERE!

Jut went yesterday to the Bridgeton, MO location for the free x-rays and consult. They want $2000 for a cleaning, two fillings, sedation, and surgical extraction of my two impacted wisdom teeth (which of course will be done by an oral surgeon who is not based at their location).

I was going to follow through with letting these people drain my money from me...of which I have very little already. I am a single 21 year old full time college student with no insurance...so of course their "payment plans" (aka financing with insane interest rates) seemed attractive, as well as necessary.

I'm so very happy I did my research before paying them a dime. I cannot believe they are allowed to continue practicing under their current business structure.

@JordanMarie

They are practicing illegally in Missouri to start with. State law requires dentists to own practices.

A$pen's work-around is to have the dentist own a "shell corporation" which owns nothing, but gives A$pen the right to "manage" his practice in perpetuity.

That is the scam that A$pen and other predatory corporate dental chains play around the country.

Board of dentistry can only discipline dentists. They cannot discipline executives and investors who are not dentists.

I thank God I chose not to proceed with their services for my daughter! I had a bad feeling and cancel all further appointments. Only thing they did was xray and the examine.

@sara

You are a very smart person. Share the word. Down with aspen.

Bad or faulty implant work can be devastating to the patient. It means you can't wear the denture and have no teeth.

I've worked in law firms as a paralegal and have seen it first hand. There have been attempted suicides over bad implants.

Not having teeth and having chronic severe pain in your mouth is devastating physically, psychologically and emotionally. These people should sue and win punitive damag

@Angela

Everything you say here is true including the attempted suicide I did win my case but I settled out of court because ,although my lawyers thought my attempt might help my case...Aspen Dentals lawyers dug deep into my past trying to see what other problems I have had unrelated to my teeth and my lawyers said they would pick me about on the stand and they were worried I wasnt strong enough..which I wasnt. So I settled..so Please if you do go to lawyers be strong..be proud of what you are doing, bringing this company down..helping yourself to get better..As of today 4 years later I am still hurting..even tho I won my case my lawyers took half and the repairs I need are way above what I won from the courts.

Dont settle fight for yourself.

I am now close to the mexican boarder where a wonderful dentist who I have heard about Dr.Martinez in Naco who I hope will be able to help me..for less money ...money that we dont have..sold our house and everything in it and bought a Rv to live in and travel..which I am enjoying but wish I cold enjoy all the different foods and wear my teeth and go

places..but the pain is to intense to be out for long. I am hoping he has a payment plan as we are living only on my husbands Retirement and my small business I do from the Rv.

So please pray for me and my husband who has endured all this with me that we can get things right for me again.

I am not allowed to mention Aspen Dental so I am anonymous now, but

I was a heavy poster in this discussion and Aspen Dental Nightmares on facebook..Please do your research..get 2nd opinions..I didn't even have to have my teeth taken out ..bridge work would of worked great..but I was *** and took their words They were DRs after-all. Even tho I found out later mine was fresh out of school.

We used there care credit program which is now also in a Civil Law suit..because we didnt have insurance. Still havent heard if I will be or my mother who was the main name on the card mine was second awarded any money.

Just be aware if you do go take notes get everything they say in writing.. begin a journal.things I should of done and it would of been easier for me to win my case on facts other than the fiction Aspen Dental Lawyers were trying to make surface.

Vertis
@CF

Is this Dr. Martinez the one in Arizona?

What a nightmare you went through, how these people are still in business and running commercials on tv is just mind blowing, it was that commercial that took me here after doing a search. All I can say is when it comes to your teeth especially at this stage of things 1) get a second opinion. 2) Find an actual Dentist/Surgeon who does this and avoid these type of "franchise" outlets, it's going to cost you the same or a little more but it's worth it if you want quality work and results. 3) Take care of your teeth with at least yearly visits to a reputable Dentist so that you can avoid ending up in need of dentures.

4) Dental universities are good places to go if they have dental programs that are usually income related, it's where our family went back in the '60's, they have to learn on someone and it's a good trade off. 5) A good Dentist will tell you to see a periodontist who will tell you what your options are and even if this means taking out the teeth you have left, it's because the sooner you get the metal for implants in or so you can be able to snap your dentures onto those metal anchors, makes your body think you still have teeth and that will stop the bone loss. If you lose too much bone there's not much you can do except hope that a bone graft using your own bone or yes from a deceased's bone will be your only options. 6) Beware of having your wisdom teeth removed unless they are causing you real pain, I've read articles that say many Dental Surgeons think that this can lead to gum disease due to the pockets not fully healing shut.

At least I have a Dentist who is honest enough to tell me I'm beyond that and you don't realize it has to be done over again and again every so often, and the surgeon who removed my teeth also was honest about this and as hard as it was to hear, I should have listened to all of them when they said you should just have them all removed so we can at least preserve the bone. It wasn't due to my not caring for my teeth, but once you're battling gum disease it can be impossible to get those abscessed pockets to close up completely and all it takes is one tiny speck of food getting into one and the whole process repeats. It was a case of no money or insurance until it was too late, and being told at 42 years old that you're better off letting us (public Medicaid Dr. and not a nice one) pull them, when all your teeth feel tight, just keep having abscesses, it's only natural to reject that in favor of trying to do all you can to avoid that, gum surgery etc.

My dentist was dismayed at the "clearcut" as she called it that the periodontist did to my gums, she felt it was too much considering it was obvious I took care of my teeth, no cavities except old ones from childhood. I wish I'd listened to them and all I can do is hope that one day they will be able using stem cells, to be able to use my own tissue to grow gums and bone maybe even teeth, I've read much about this but they just aren't quite there yet, they're working on it and I have hope whenever I hear about growing body parts, organs etc. I have an upper that needs relining which the first one will be at no cost to me, but the lower is as they all told me, nobody likes their lowers because it's difficult to get comfortable ones that don't press against the inner portion below your tongue. At least they now have 3'D computer mapping to get you the best fit possible, because once too much bone is gone, those trays the dentist uses aren't made to get impressions with so much bone loss and are so painful to press down on until the "plaster" they use sets, they can't use lidocaine either.

Want to torture someone? All you need do is press down really hard on that portion of a person's mouth and they'll tell you anything you want to know. Lastly, it's a cryin' shame that the insurance industry regards dentures and implants as "cosmetic" and therefore won't pay for them, some will help with 1st denture only, it's our teeth and a person's health starts with what you're able to eat.

Also, if you're smoking or know someone who is, tell them that it will lead to gum disease and help them or yourself to stop by using any of the options out there, I switched to vaping and it was very easy, I wish I had known this way back when I was a teenager, I never would have started. Good luck to us all and either pray or just hope, send the thoughts out there that the people working on all these new advances will be successful sooner than we or they think possible.

You are whats wrong with this country! You make me sick.

I hope your lawyer charges you thousands and thousands of dollars for your bs lawsuit that you will never see a dime from. But het you can always just sue someone else to make your living .

@Disgusted

you are a sad person who could respond with a comment like that..this person was wronged by a company who should not be allowed to do what oral surgeons should do..they are not qualified,. who only are out to get there daily quota as far as money for the company,, a company who gives incentives and bonuses for meeting those goals..Please dont make this kind of assumption with out good knowledge of what you are saying..there are many Aspen Dental victims out there.read up on there stories before you comment on this.

Or maybe you are the dentist who did this to her... retaliating you certainly are not a person with compassion.

@Disgusted

So "Disgusted", I take it you work for Aspen?!

@Angela

Yes, I do work for aspen dental. Why do you people feel the need to come here and tell the truth. It is hurting my paycheck.

@Anonymous

Get another job...maybe with a Reputable Dr. Of Denistry! New paycheck

@Disgusted

This comment must have been written by an Aspen Dental dentist!!!

@Disgusted

You lack compassion, and whether you are the dentist or not, that is responsible, you are not taking responsibility for yourself or the Aspen group you represent. Likely the only way you will learn compassion is to one day go through something similar to what these injured people have.

I pray that you get well soon! thanks for sharing... I will NEVER set foot at aspen

That place is a total scam job..I went in there on a Mon because of tooth pain..they examined me and said they could Pull it Fri..then they send you into the finance man who immediately wants you social security number so he can see if you get credit....I never went back and had my regular dentist pull it the next day..no problem.@ weeks later I get a $2000 charge on a credit card..they said they were charging me in advance for procedures they would be doing :( ..IT took 1 week to get this all straightened out and I would never recommend that place to anyone!!

@lillibird

No honest dentist ANYWHERE bills the procedures before they are actually done. That is clear FRAUD!

Carole F

Aspen Dental is not a good place DO NOT go there..Ruined my life !!!!!!!

Carole Farber :(

my costs 8500.00 for dentures

2500.00 for bottom implants 6 of them

Samyrah
@Carole F

They were supposed to pull ALL my teeth and before they put implants in, I noticed a lump on the outside of my gums and I showed it to them. They did a xray and found out it was a wisdom tooth.

Its not through the skin, but you can see the actual shape of the tooth on the side of my gums. And they still put implants in without removing that tooth! That was another mistake they did. We were not given any other alternatives for teeth!

Since my visit with my new dentist, he said there were other alternatives then micro implants.. I didn't have to have a mouth full of metal! My new dentist also said he could have used the first pair of dentures I got, but Aspen said we needed another paid..more money for them. My new dentist also said that if I went through and used the implants that within 6 months they would probably fall out because they are not imbedded properly!

He (my dentist) was so mad he actually used the word "Malpractice. If I smile big, I can feel my gums pulling over the implants, and its not really painful, but uncomfortable. From time to time I have pain, especially from the implant that was the loosest. When putting in the implants, she only took an xray of one implant....and its the one that bothers me the most and the one that is almost NOT in any bone...

and she had to have known this.... why else would she xray only one implant..and it be that one?! They are out for your money and nothing else!!

Carole I wish you the best!!!!! Nobody deserves to be treated the way we were!

@Samyrah

I hope you sue for malpractice: to start with, it was wrong of them to leave that wisdom tooth. You can bet that they already knew or at least suspected that the lump was a wisdom tooth- they only x-rayed it because you called attention to it.

These are trained dentists- they must have known that the lump could be a tooth. They had certainly seen that sort of tooth before.

And that dentist x-rayed the bad implant just to see how bad it was. At least report them to the department of your state that takes complaints- sounds like the 2nd dentist may support you in a report, and when the state does an investigation.

View more comments (28)
Resolved Featured
Aspen Dental Dental Implants
$12000
  • dental haverhill mass
  • dentist haverhill ma
  • dental haverhill massachusetts
  • aspen dental haverhill

Aspen Dental review in Terre Haute, Indiana: Charged over $2000 for a crooked smile!

I had gone to Aspen Dental to have a few teeth extracted and a bottom denture to match my top. Well, guess what? They couldn't match colors! Really? After making the lower denture, it didn't line up with the top. In fact, I wasn't able to close my mouth! They talked me into getting a new top denture. I was told that my dentures were temporary until the "real" ones came in. I have yet to see those! I used to have a beautiful smile and now I don't smile at all. I kept returning to the office telling them that my smile is not right! It's crooked and I feel ***, it looks like my teeth don't match up at all. Now I'm stuck with a $2500 crooked smile and no way to fix it because they refuse and keep telling me it's my imagination! Can I sue these people for ruining my life??? Any advice out there?

Any advice for you? Sure!

Avoid fleabag corporate dental clinics like this. It is impossible for the young dentists who work there to perform excellent care.

Dentures take LOOOONG time for dentists to really get good at doing.

And they have to have good lab support, not the Chinese kind that this clinic uses.

A good single denture takes at least 5 appointments to construct, and costs at least $1500. If you think you are going to get a decent denture made for $500 in a couple of visits, you are living a delusion.

@Seasoned Dentist

No reason to be rude

View more comments (1)
Product
Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen Dental review: Broken crown, bad replacement

had a crown put in that broke off two months later, was in pieces, impression done (wrong), went back to get new crown put on and new dentist tried for over an hour to get that one to fit then decided it wasn't going to work, the impression was bad, this is after he numbed me and said he had to "chop off my gum area" exact words. put something in my mouth to stop the bleeding,said it would take 4-6 minutes, left me sitting there for 40 minutes until I couldn't take it anymore and left. friend convinced me to go back in, had temporary put in, this was at 2:00, I had been there 3 hours. hadn't had anything to eat or drink went to mcdonalds to eat and crown fell out. had to go back, dentist said he put *** in impression done earlier, had to do another which burned my tongue horribly after very firmly placing something around tooth. was yelled at when it hurt, said he didn't want to give me injection again. put temporary on and aid gave me glue to put it back on if it fell out again.
Marge

Please feel free to post your Aspen Dental Nightmare at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services

Aspen Dental review in Cape Coral, Florida: Unhappy with dentures

Been dealing with Aspen Dental for over a year and I am still not satisfied with my upper dentures. They won't stay in and are very uncomfortable. The last time I went in for another adjustment I was asked if I had tried denture paste. I shouldn't have to plaster my dentures in if they are new. Another complaint I have is that I was told my dentures were only my temporary dentures. Hoping my permanent dentures fit better I was shocked to hear that my temporary dentures were now my permanent dentures as well. I have been back numerous times and the last time I had an appointment (that I waited a week for) I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes before I was finally taken to a room. The assistant said she would send the doctor in. After sitting in the chair for another 45 minutes I had to walk out or be late for another obligation. I never thought it would take an hour and a half (and still not see anyone). The appointment before that I waited an hour. As I walked out the manager looked up at me but has never called back. I feel like the $3500 I spent was a waste because I do not wear the dentures. This was at the Aspen Dental on Cleveland Ave. in Fort Myers, FL.

Product
Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen Dental review in Des Moines, Iowa: Don't care about their patents just an assembly line.

I am seeing them to get a flipper tooth made. On my first appointment everything seemed ok till I sat down In the dental chair and told them exactly what I wanted. Apparently getting a flipper is the minimalist way to go according to the dentist. Its my mouth at least Im doing something. I was also bombarded with fillings and cleanings that I didn't ask for. Today when I went to get impressions the lady doing them acted like she didn't know what the *** she was doing. She put the first mold in and yanked it out of my mouth ouch! The worst thing was she had to cast my teeth 4 times because she couldn't get it right, the stuff they use is disgusting and unpleasant and she got it all over my shirt and in my hair. I wasn't offered water to get the gunk out of my mouth I had to ask and she told me (o it will just flake out of your hair.) I was also told my partal would take 3 days to make but the next time they can get me in is in 2 weeks. You think if your gonna pay 450 dollars plus visit fee you would get treated better.

Aspen Dental review in Cleveland, Ohio: Nothing done to alleviate my oral pain

I went it to Aspen Detal on 9/17 complaining if pain on left side. I told Dr. K that I thought maybe an infection might be under a crown I had done two years ago. X-rays were taken and he couldn't determine anything, scheduled me for a deep gum cleaning and I was told by the office manager it would cost me $163.00 out of my pocket. I was also told to wait for Dr. K. to give me a RX for an antibiotic. He told me he saw no sign of an infection so why would I need a RX for an antibiotic? Anyway, after wating awhile I went to the desk to see what the hold up was and was told by the office manager that he is too busy with his other patients and that he would phone in a script to my pharmacist in thwe AM. Mind you I was still in pain, nothing was done to alleviate it and I felt I was given the 'brush-off.' I have now established care with another office and found out that part of my tooth in front of the one with the crown had cracked causing the pain. No help from Aspen Dental-will never go back!
Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning

Aspen Dental review in New York, New York: Over inflated charges and dishonest tactics.

After a tooth broke off in extreme pain went to Aspen, they fit me in and took xrays, was told that tooth had to be extracted and one next to it had crack and decay and could not be saved, a bridge would be needed also huge treatment plan for gums, scripts were written for gum infection and pain and advised they could remove the teeth that day, great! Was then whisked off into office managers office given estimate of 6,167.00, some discount off that of 1,524.00 leaving balance of 4,643.00. Applied for financing to cover 2,000.00 payments of 167.00 monthly for that if not paid in year then 26% interest applies on balance. Then leaving balance of 2643.00 to be paid up front before ANY treatment could begin. How wonderful and so affordable what a rip off. I paid the 71.00 for xray of tooth another rip off and left angry. They had no concern for my immediate care and extraction of painful infected broken tooth, tough luck. Had another local dentist look at it, very professional and courteous and concerned. He extracted the tooth with xrays for 337.00, follow up appointment at NO charge next week and his cell phone number in event of any problems in the meantime. He also pointed out the tooth next to broken tooth did have a slight crack in it and may need a crown eventually and did NOT need to be pulled as advised by Aspen dental. Thank God I went to this other dentist! My follow up treatment by him for cleaning and some xrays will cost me 184.00, clearly a *** of a lot more affordable than this rip off Chain Aspen. Aspen proved to me that they are a rip off and nothing more than a dishonest facility very much like a dishonest mechanic who rips off customers by over charging them and repairing things that do not need it. Avoid this horrific company.
Dona

I don't understand why someone hasn't sued one of these dentists at Aspen dental as of yet. Obviously some of you have proof from another dental provider that verifies the

falsity of their claims and charges.

Considering the pain and suffering most of you have gone through a lawsuit would be for the greater good. The economy being the way it is, money is scarce and no one should be allowed to take advantage of people in dental need. Why hasn't someone reported these sheiks tears to the medical board. This is y these boards exist.

Don't allow anyone else to be victimized by low life's like this.

Just my opinion. Hope all of you find a better dentist.

Marge

SO sorry! I did not mean to click on BS for your post.

I was just curious as to what the BS comments would be. After reading all of these I couldn't imagine how anyone would defend them.

I didn't realize I was actually selecting BS. I have personally heard many horror stories so I feel for you.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction

Aspen Dental review in Enfield, Connecticut: Most Incompetent Dentists Ever

My husband went to Aspen Dental because he has pain in a crowned tooth. The dentist did x-rays but claims she can't see anything wrong with the tooth even though when she tapped on the tooth he launched out of the chair, but it didn't respond to a cold q-tip, so she said nothing was wrong. This was on a Tuesday, she said she was going to send him to s specialist on Friday and he suffered 3 whole days in excruciating pain. He gets to the specialist and they do the same exact thing tap on his tooth, launch him from the chair and then they apply the cold q-tip and nothing. She says come back in two weeks- who wants to go 2 weeks in pain? Now its the weekend and he has to suffer for another 2 days before he can see another dentist because we will never use them again. Bunch of quacks with their foreign degrees. Where the *** are all the American dentists with US degrees?
#1198975

I have a similar problem , I had 3 crowns and have had pain ever since. I can't even chew on that side. Was going to make an appointment with them now I dont know what to do.

I went to the enfield Ct Aspen dental. Dr Luu said I had an infection and I was in so much pain.

She did nothing. Nothing for the infection and nothing for pain. All they are is about money.

I was the for an hour and half for nothing. Still in pain.

Marge

Please find us on Facebook and post your story! Look for Aspen Dental Nightmares.

It's kind of strange how I see you mentioned "Foreign Degrees".. my dentist was Russian!

In order to practice dentistry in the US you need a dental degree from an accrediated US dental school, with the exception of a couple of schools in Canada. So even if they are an immigrant they have an American dental degree, but thanks for your completely prejudiced and clearly uneducated opinion, but hey you probably almost graduated from high school so obviously you know more than the dentist.

Nyema

I have heard this by several I AGREE DO NOT GO. DO on the American Dental Association for a Dentist near you

The Doc :grin