Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
About 2 years ago I had some decay in my front two upper teeth that were causing me to be self conscious about my appearance and in my job as a server. I felt as if everyone wasn't listening to what I was saying but only staring at my ugly teeth. I'm sure that most...

It sounds like you needed an extensive amount of work that would take a fair amount of time to get you to the final results you wanted. The problem is that you went to a hit and run clinic like aspen.

These chain stores specialize in promising fast results and cheap treatment. Yeah, good luck. They are only interested in getting the money for procedures as fast as possible , not the long term outcome of the costly procedures. You probably wouldn't see the same dentist if you go back anyway, he's probably long gone.

I know what you mean about being confused between the immediate temporary partial and a permanent one. The dentists at aspen never, that I have ever seen, actually goes into the consult room to explain the procedures. It is left up to a high school educated, ex car salesman to explain the complicated procedures. They should have made it clear that a permanent partial would cost additional money.

The salesman's only goal is to get as much money out of you as soon as possible regardless of if you are confused or not. Bait and switch, taking advantage of misunderstandings is a well known problem with Aspen.

Read reviews first. Raise *** but good luck getting any of your money back.

View more comments

Aspen Dental - Review from Chicago, Illinois

Picked up my dentures on Monday called aspen back for an adjustment on Wednesday have a 30 day guarantee can't get an appointment for week & a half that's 1/3 of "free" adjustments. They hurt & I'm highly pissed

HMMMM...I WENT TO ASPEN DENTAL BECAUSE OF THE 7 YEAR WARRANTY....AND RECIEVED SOMEONE ELSE'S DENTURES....WAS AT THEIR OFFICE 3 TIMES. NOONE EVER CAUGHT IT UNTIL I DID RESEARCH AND BROUGHT IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.

STAY CLEAR OF ASPEN DENTAL...I AM GETTING REFUNDED.

CALLED CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE AND WAS PRETTY MUCH TOLD...YOU ARE GETTING REFUNDED, YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!!!!! REALLY....I HAD SOMEONE ELSES DENTURES IN MY MOUTH...DISGUSTING!!

@Anonymous

Sorry, I almost fell out of my chair laughing! I used to work at aspen and huge screw ups with patient's work happens all the time.

It seems almost impossible that this could happen, but at aspen mass confusion and the ridiculous fast pace they try to use to get money fast always ends in horrible work. Your case just became a random # that got mixed with all the other random cases. I have seen cases where the dentist has already removed all the patient's teeth before anyone realized the immediate denture wasn't finished yet.

Way to go aspen, real professional! You need to make this case as public as possible.

You better go back and read the fine print about the "30 day guarantee". Get this resolved as soon as possible, there is a lot of fine print and other BS in there.

Just avoid these places and tell as many people as possible so they don't have to deal with this. There dentures are made there as cheaply as possible.

I think they are trying to compete with Mcdonald's for low material costs. Get your money back.

Well, you went there to get cheap dentures, did you not?

Can you really expect them to provide a lot of follow up care for folks paying very cheap fees for dentures?

Guess you did not get a good deal like you thought. Next time seek a dentist in your community known for honesty and competence in treating the public, instead of going to some sleazy clinic trying to get cheap dentures.

View more comments (3)

Aspen Dental in Waterford, Connecticut - Waited two hours to be seen

After waiting two hours to be seen, then I waited in the chair for 30 min for the doctor to come in. I did not see the need to wait no more. I went to the receptionist and waited for her to get off the phone, more time waited. Did not want to wait any longer, if this is they way Aspen Dental works I don't need them. I do not need aspen dental they need to get there act together. people need good care at a reasonable rate.I do not need this aggrevation. I can go on for ever.

You found out the hard way that at aspen you are a number, not a person. It is always a numbers game to them to satisfy their corrupt management people.

They overbook the dentist, usually 3 patients at the same time. If they made a large profit on the other people that were there, they don't give a *** if you got up and left or not. The numbers at the end of the day is all they look at not the number of patients treated.

They advertise what they call reasonable rates but by the time they tack on upgrades, hidden products ($150 dollar toothbrush!) your costs are probably higher than at other offices. Go somewhere they treat people not sell low end products.

"People need good care at a reason rate." It is true. Then why did government make it more expensive under Obamacare with a 2.3% tax on medical and dental equipment and supplies?

Good dentistry is very expensive to provide in the US.

Many of the reasons are the government's doing. Write your Congressman to abolish OSHA and HIPPA regulations for dentists, and repeal the Americans with Disability act that forces US dentists to have huge offices compared to those on foreign shores.

You sure were not looking for bargains when you chose this corporate chain clinic for care. If you are waiting for them to "get their act together," you might be waiting all your life.

You want cheap care, and you want good care. Good luck finding good cheap care.

Don't know anywhere you will find it except dental schools, but you must spend tons of time to get it. Letting dental students work on you is a slow process.

Aspen Dental in Rock Port, Missouri - Review

They put novacain around my anus. Then pulled the tooth it didn't numb my mouth my butt was asleep for weeks.

Aspen dental made a denture for me. It popped loose when I was eating and swallowed it. It got lodged in my anus and they had to go digging for it.

HAAAA!!!!!!!! I peed my pants when I read this. good job aspen.

I want to get my *** bleached. will aspen do it for me?

#901901
@Anonymous

I don't see why not. Aspen always has people bent over with their pants down anyway.

#882064

that's what u call a deep filling! rectal ramming?

My butt itches.

that must be some good stuff. where can I get inline for some of this novuscain stuff. did they give you any to take home with you?

Wow if Aspen Dental will lower themselves to childish remarks, when anyone who reads the comments from the two that were posted are blatantly false I don't think I would want to use their services.

@RJ

False or not, this isn't the first time aspen will have been viewed as complete clowns

Hi anonymous , I am very sorry if you have had a poor experience with your anus. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this further.

Would you mind giving me and update on your anus by giving us a call at 1-866-273-8606 at your earliest convenience? Please ask for Jane upon calling and leave your debit card number.

We'd like to make sure we charged you for the Novocain and resolve these concerns to your complete satisfaction. - Thank you, Amanda

@Aspen Dental

Hello RJ, I am very sorry that you were exposed to this post. We assure you it was not written by Aspen Dental.

We have solicited for removal of this chain and are looking into this further.

We hope you will consider choosing Aspen Dental if you are in need of care. - Thanks and regards, Amanda

#1197847
@Aspen Dental 1

Not a chance you quacks. I don't want anything in my anus when I go to the dentist!

@Aspen Dental

We at aspen are so tired of people posting bad reviews about our terrible treatment of people and telling the world about the horrible truth about our *** clinic. We will find and destroy all of you. -- Thanks and regards, Amanda

@Aspen Dental 1

Then treat the people right...It is such a simple concept. Everyone there is money driven.

I cannot tell you how any reviews I have read on employment sites about how employees there cannot sleep at night because of the horror they see there.

Could be you have not been there long enough or are just on hard ***.

I dare you to go not to your Aspen clinic but another....complain of a sore tooth and see what they put you through. So girly girl do not talk about what you do not no

Yeah me to. I was put to sleep to get my wisdom teeth pulled and woke up and my behind was sore.

I called the next day and they said it was a routine protate exam w/no lube!

What is this all about? I am currently sueing them for malpractice.

View more comments (14)
Review

Aspen Dental in Springfield, Illinois - DELAYED TREATMENT, FAILED TO SUBMIT PAPERWORK TO INSURANCE, STILL WAITING

been going on o/7 months, doctor not registered with my insurance co, insurance co approved medical but not the doctor, therefore won't pay for any treatment. Aspen claims totally approved, insurance says no. if I had treatment (top & partial) I would be responsible for total bill..now aspen claims I need both top/btm dentures...can't get approval in pain, only 4 teeth on top...look like a backwoods woman, humiliating, can't eat, can't talk, can't be seen in public ....after read posts appears that Aspen has delays on purpose. They want to charge $3000+, my co-pay 1300 and they wanted to charge me to pay the difference that my insurance won't pay approx. $700-800 on top of co-pay....constantly delays...read the posts...appears delays are on purpose because my co-pay of 1300 is WAY BELOW what they want and I won't get their credit card to precharge

Aspen is just one big screwed up mess. They can never get anything straight.

All their people are undertrained and overworked, ending in constant mass confusion. Always read reviews first.

They make it easy to get money from you and almost impossible to get it back. After receiving this dose of aspen nonsense, I hope you never return.

1. Don't know what you are talking about "doctor not registered with insurance." We dentists never have to "register" with insurance companies.

Often insurance companies misbehave and try to cheat patients out of claims. You are not helpless. Why don't you step up to the plate and intervene yourself to try to force them to pay? Threaten them with a complaint to your state's insurance commissioner if they don't stop the nonsense.

You are the insurance customer, not the dentist!

3. You made a BIG mistake going to a corporate dental chain clinic instead of a regular dentist.

You probably did it thinking you were going to save a lot of money. Probably you are going to spend a great deal more money than at a private practice, and you are STILL going to be dissatisfied with your dentures.

Aspen Dental Dentures Review

Aspen metro like *** , Dr sung young no experience , I saw he did fast for every patient , he try to produce a lot do not care about patient , you guy never come to aspen dental , work like *** , denture like ***

Aspen Dental in Indianapolis, Indiana - Awful costume service

This Aspen Dental is a false advertiment... the frames in the wall telling your smile is important to them is a big lie... They are there just for your money. I visited 2 different clinics hoping the costume service will be better in the second one... Big mistake! I was in pain and the last thing they care was about it, they just want my money even they haven't fixed my broke tooth or take car of the pain I was feeling... They are greedy and ridiculous. The staff is rude and indifferent, the Xray machine in both clinic are medievals... Put your money in a better place that really cares about your dental health and worth it! Run from this place!

aspen dental involved in false advertising or not disclosing information to patients? Never.

Wait, they were on dateline, newspapers and court rooms for ripping off people. You should watch the dateline report: dollar and dentist.

Ripping off old people. Run fast.

I cannot understand why brand names of dental chains give the patients impression that they will get quality care. Unlike buying flat screen TVs at Wal-Mart, dental treatment is highly personalized.

It is only as good as the dentist who treats you.

And here is the truth: No decent dentist will work at a corporate dental chain clinic for long. It is a terrible job. Dentists just work at chain offices like this until they can find something better.

Where will the best dentists be? Either in a dental school teaching, or in private practices that they OWN.

So if you really want good treatment, select one of these options. If you do not live close to a dental school, select a dentist who has been practicing for a few years who owns the practice he works in, and has a reputation for honesty can competence.

Wherever you live in the US, there are plenty of dentists who fit this description. But you will not find them working in sleazy corporate chain dental clinics!!!!

$2000

I had a very bad experience @ Aspen Dental for dental care.

On June 17th 1 week before having any service done I was billed $3,534.00. June 24th I had dental work done. the dentist pulled teeth that I wanted to keep. After pulling them I wanted to take them home and they wouldn't let me touch them. They didn't provide dental wash are cups to put the dentures in. I c/o pain on July 1st because lower partial needed adjusting and the dentist didn't give me no pain prescription are see me when I visited Aspen Dental. I think this place is robbing people. Once you pay them you're not important to them and that's sad. I wouldn't recommend this place on Pineridge Road in Naples, Fl. to no one I know for them to half to experience what I did. Never. I think Affordable Dentures would've served me better. I still have my roots in my gum from teeth that was broken off @ the gum. Very poor service for the amount that was paid to them.

Same thing happened to me with aspen, the dentist came up with a treatment plan.I was having certain teeth abstracted and got fitted for partials.The morning he was to pull my teeth he didn't remember what he was doing or look at the treatment plan he started pulling all my upper teeth the partial I had payed for and got fitted for is useless.Thanks aspen dental.

Much obliged to you for this to a great degree splendid blog This is the perfect spot where there is something for everybody! I was searching for this sort of information about dental health for such quite a while and I am more than joyful to see such an incredible website with a lot of helpful information . Much appreciated again for imparting.

They pulled teeth you wanted to keep? You know that any procedure performed without your consent is illegal don't you?

You have just been aspenized like thousands of other people. You were a target for fast money for them.

Best thing you can do to help is get your story spread as far as possible. If everyone knew the truth about aspen, no one would ever go.

1. Read reviews here and elsewhere on Affordable Dentures before you go there.

Why do you think sleazy clinics with big advertising budgets are the only places you can get dental care?

3. No honest dentist wants all the money up front for a procedure. Usually we break payments up during the course of treatment, so it is all paid for by the time the treatment is finished.

4. The top priorities you should have for seeking dental care are honesty and competence.

Price should be a distant third. By insisting on using cheesy corporate chain clinics, you are guaranteed to get neither honesty nor competency.

5. Making quality dentures and partials that fit accurately, look natural, and allow accurate pronunciation and comfortable chewing, is one of the hardest things we dentists do. It is not easy, takes many, many appointment, and cannot be done cheaply.

One denture in my practice may take six appointments to fabricate and an average of four adjustment appointments. Something that takes 10 appointments will not be cheap. My dentures cost $1700 an a partial $1850. Good dentures cannot be made cheaply.

My advice to you, although you probably don't want to hear it, is find an experienced dentist, probably older and ex-military. who owns the practice in which he works.

Many of these guys and gals are very good at doing dentures. DO NOT GO TO ANY MORE CLINICS!

View more comments (3)
Loss

Aspen Dental in Zephyrhills, Florida - Nothing happened, I had a lot of pain and just got the run around.

I called yesterday to make an appointment and told them that I have extreme tooth pain and need help. They made an appointment for 11 am today and I was told to be their 15 minutes early. I arrived 15 minutes early, they unlocked the doors at 10:55. I walked in with my husband, signed in and waited until 11:22 before someone showed up behind the desk. I waited another 20 minutes before I was taken back. They took a ton of x-rays and then took me to my chair where I would wait for another 30 minutes until the dental hygienist came to see me. She was nice but of course told me I need to do several steps to get the deep cleaning I would need. Waited for ever until the Dentist finally came in and looked at my mouth listing off numbers and what he all wanted to do. I kept saying I just need to have the pain stop! He said I know we just need to get you in to see the oral surgeon. Then he left and I was sent to the office managers office to hear what it was going to cost. When she put down the paper I almost died, almost $4,000. All I wanted was for the rest of the tooth that broke off to be taken out so the pain would stop! I told her I can't afford that I don't make much, my husband is disabled, I am a full time student and I finally have insurance for the first time in 8 years and I thought I could afford to get some help. She just stared at me with a blank look. I told her all I wanted was the pain to stop. She said we take payments. I told her if I don't eat to pay you then I don't need my teeth! I was finally out of there at 1:43. From 10:45 to 1:43 just to walk out crying, and my jaw and mouth hurt more now after being poked! I will never go back to another Aspen Dental they just want money not to help!!!! Why become a dentist if you aren't going to help!

I always wonder what makes intelligent patients think they can get good treatment at corporate clinics owned by private investors instead of dentists. Is advertising so convincing in most peoples' minds?

First of all, you have to realize that these sleazy corporations don't trust the dentists that work there, so they rarely give them a key. Only the manager usually has the key to the building, so even if the dentist was early, he could not enter. To me, not being punctual for arriving patients is one of the worst sins.

Second of all, you have to realize that most staff at such clinics are just there for a short time to make some money, before they move on to a better job. Their whole deal is to bill and collect as much revenues as possible to get bonuses before they leave.

These places are run on very perverse incentives. They are horrible places to work. Even if you stayed there, you could have a different dentist every 6 months.

It is ridiculous to present a comprehensive treatment plan on the very first visit when the patient is in pain. Most dentists in private practice NEVER do that.

Look, here is how to get honest and competent treatment.

FORGET THE CLINICS AND ANY PROFESSIONALS WHO ADVERTISE ON TV AND RADIO. Seek out a dentist who OWNS the practice in which he works. Ex-military dentist generally have a broader range of experience and are less likely to have to refer you to specialists.

There are plenty of such dentists in every city. Despite what you think, you will probably pay LESS for treatment at such dentists than at crooked corporate chain clinics like the one you visited.

Aspen only cares about your pain when it will force you to buy the other over priced, unnecessary dental fees they throw at you. The scam explained by a scammer:

There are no "free exams" or single procedure emergency visits at aspen.

As a insider I can tell you that the first appointment by aspen's policy is for a "consult" . What this means is for the manager to present you with a bill for all the extractions,fillings, cleanings (usually over diagnosed), prosthetics... that you supposedly need in one bill and advise you it would be easy for you to get one credit card loan and just make payments for all the procedures (they leave out the part that the interest rate may turn out to be 29-31%) aspen gets the credit card $$ before your treatment even starts, you start paying interest the day you sign treatment plan (credit card Loan). As the director of aspen tells new dentist: "our patients are here today , gone tomorrow".

Meaning get as much money as soon as possible and at each visit. Their whole plan is to get the all money on first day because they know you will be forced come back for treatment. Aspen has very well thought out plans to hook, take advantage of people. When most of the people go in for the "consult" they have no idea what the dental terms that are being used mean or which treatment is which.

They know most people will just blindly trust what the dentist and managers advise. Aspen does this very intentionally. They prey on the poor, elderly, overly trusting and desperate people. The consult is not designed as a time to help you find a way to pay for the treatment, but as a time to size you up and see how much they can slide by you ($150 dollar tooth brush for starters).

Trust me, they know that if you are in pain you most likely will sign for the whole treatment.

They also openly joke about advertising to nascar fans because they consider them ignorant. Great people to deal with!

Aspen Dental - Review from Indianapolis, Indiana

I had my lower teeth pulled & dentures made. I have worn upper dentures about 18 years which still fit the way they are supposed to fit, with no paste, glue etc. These lower dentures have fit right since the day I got them. I went back 3-4 times with them fitting again with the mold stuff. The last time I was there, they essentially said there was no more they can do. Needless to say they still do not fit. I have tried powder, paste, glee & a cushion gel. I am really frustrated with them & get mad when I see their commercials. "Guaranteed" Btw...I was told I had to pay before any work was done.

When aspen says "guaranteed" they don't mean you will be satisfied. They mean they guarantee you will receive a POS denture.

Aspen strikes again! Always read the fine print about them returning your money, trust me there will always be fine print at aspen. Any company that hides behind fine print tells you they aren't honest. They use the cheapest and fastest way to make dentures.

I hope you didn't pay the ridiculous extra price they charge for the infamous comfident dentures they hock. They are no better than any other denture. In some cases worst. The acrylic in these dentures don't bond to the denture teeth like other dentures, mechanical retention is used and if not done right the teeth fall out easily.

I have seen it happen many times. If they will not refund your money call the local TV station and let them tear aspen a new *** Good luck with the refund.

Fabricating dentures that look natural, feel good, are retentive, and allow good phonetics and eating are one of the hardest things we dentists do. It takes years of experience to be really good at it.

In my office, it takes 6 appointments for fabrication and about 4 more for adjustments.

Even if experienced dentists like this worked at this cheesy clinic, they STILL could not construct good dentures because they are forced to use the lab the clinic specifies.

You made a grave error going to a sleazy dental corporate chain clinic owned by private investors instead of dentists. These places are revolving doors for inexperienced young dentists mostly right out of school.

Do yourself a favor and look for an older dentist who does dentures and owns the practice in which he works. A good choice is an ex-military dentist, because they have a broad range of experience.

Dentist who own practices have a vested interest in long-term patient satisfaction, as their reputation is on the line. And DON'T PRICE SHOP for the cheapest dentures.

Good dentures take a lot of time and expense to fabricate. If you want quality dentures, you will not get them for dime-store prices.