dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Dental Work Review

I was lied to about my dental work they had me wait 4 months had me get all these things done for my teeth and then turn around and fix my own parcels that I had before I came there I went back I had pain anything about it bottom line is I got screwed and I would never recommend anyone.

Aspen Dental - Dental Insurance Review from Lebanon, Tennessee

went to Aspen Dental last week to have my mouth checked because I'm getting dentures they told me a lower price.as soon as they found out I was getting my dentures somewhere else because it was much cheaper and I only have so much money they told me it was going to cost me then 351 extra that my insurance didn't cover so I said okay that sounds alright well I call today about my appointment at 8 o'clock on Friday they have no record of it.so they tell me I can have a3 o'clock appointment but I'm going to have to pay 546 instead of 351 and then the manager told me that she never said it was that price to begin with so I've been quoted one price and then told another price.only because I'm getting my dentures somewhere else because it's much cheaper I'm calling the Better Business Bureau after I speak with the branch manager total ripoff scam I would not recommend Aspen Dental

Good luck with BBB. I put complaint in with them.

They were no help and they have a A+ rating with over 900 complaints.I live in Hendersonville and want to start a class action law suit against them. If interested e-mail me.

saarsal@aol.com. my name is Laura.

#882005

aspen dental's so called office managers used to work in shady retail places. Aspen actually prefers these type of employees because they know they will be dishonest and will scam people. Just remember, if you are talking to a manager at aspen, then you are getting lied to.

Good luck. I am happy you did not go to the sleazebag clinic you were thinking of, but you seem determined to get the cheapest, crappiest dentures you can find.

No matter where you go, you will be disappointed, because prices as cheap as you want demand serious shortcuts in fabrication.

Good dentures are hard to make and take many appointments to do a good job. Good impression materials are costly, and so are quality denture teeth.

But why am I wasting time writing this? You never listened to any dentist before, which is the reason you lost your teeth in the first place.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Dental Insurance

Aspen Dental - Dental Services Review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Horrible! Went in for a denture consult and they charged $300 for what was suppose to be free! Then the quote for dental partials was 5 times higher then the ad! Went to another dentist for a opinion and it's 70 percent cheaper and a classy upscale place I didn't think I could afford! Aspen Dental Machesney Park is horrible they called and moved up my time and I thought good I will be out early not hey moved up my te so I could sit and wait! I waited 2 hours for a ridiculous "free" charge and a horrible quote! They had on the quote sedation $457 for pulling 4 teeth! Sedation for what, numb it like everyone else and pull them out! This place is a joke!!!!

IV sedation for extractions is expensive overkill for most patients. Why did they recommend it?

It is a profit center. By the way, experienced private dentists around here charge no more than $300 for IV sedation.

For some strange reason, patients think they will save money at these investor-owned corporate chain clinics. In reality, considering all the unnecessary treatment, their bills are quite a bit higher than at quality dentist-owned practices.

Good partials require attention to detail and quality lab support.

You sure won't find these at an Aspen clinic. The metal part of the partial gets made in China.

Remember next time- any health professional that has to advertise on TV to stay in business is probably a crook.

Never trust aspen. They are the masters of bait and switch and overcharging.

Aspen Dental Dental Services

Review from Champaign, Illinois | Aspen Dental review

Made two different appointments at Aspen the first one they made me they weren't even open the day I went there now this morning I was supposed to go there and they told me I wasn't on the seduce this is ridiculous.

Aspen dental is just one big cluster screw. This happens to people all the time. Aspen is just a sad joke, even walmart is better organized.

Maybe God is trying to tell you not to got there!

You are about to make one of the biggest mistakes of your life! Read a few hundred of the other posts about this chain before you proceed further!

What is it about chain dental clinics that fascinates you so much? It is not like there is a shortage of competent private dentists out there to choose from!

Dental services with issues | Aspen Dental review from East Greenbush, New York

1.5
do not use this agency...you will be rushed through exams, treated as a "number", not an individual...yes, they are cheap, but this undercuts quality dental care. The technician kept dropping things and making excuses for shoddy dental care. The dentist was quick to get rid of me...i was compliant with all their procedures and did not react to dysfunctional staff or receptionists that had no time for the patients and gave me a hard time with paperwork. The new patient papers were filled out and double sided, the receptionist could not accept them that way...despite the fact that there was a copier sitting beside her desk. Imagine that!I am returning to my former dentist who is worth his weight in gold!

Aspen Dental Care is a rip-off. They wanted to charge me $400.00 towards a routine cleaning and checkup and then are trying to charge me an additional $235.00 towards an initial visit with a 15 minute consult that was unsuccessful. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

@susieque455

You are absolutely correct. best bet is to find a reliable dentist in your area by word of mouth. Avoid Aspen Dental at all costs!

Trai

Thanks for your insights...i am seeking to dispute the $400.00 charges on my credit card through the bank i use...i already made my dental appointment with my former dentist in the area. It is unfortunate that the Aspen Dental staff treat new and old customers like fools that are taken for their money.

I was recommended by an out of state friend to them and will have to let her know that they are a shoddy business in Rensselaer, NY when i see her. SFK

I used to work for these idiots. What you describe is an accurate description the of chaos, confusion and fast food mentality of aspen dental.

You are right, at aspen you are nothing but a number. Aspen's so called management tells the dentists to scam patients and dance like a monkey for management or get fired.

That is why the dentists view you as a number instead of a patient. If you check your total charges, I would be surprised if anyone actually saves money.

Trai
@Anonymous

Seldom do patients save money at these places. Occasionally they are actually able to tolerate their shabbily-made dentures, but that is the exception rather than the norm.

A former lab technician who works for this chain tells why in his posts on this forum.

Dentists don't stay long in these dreadful clinics, as they are horrible places to work. So there is no continuity in patient treatment. You might see a new dentist every time you come in for a cleaning.

Patients obsess over the price of procedures.

What they really should be focused on is whether they even need the procedures. A patient came in from another chain clinic yesterday with a totally ridiculous treatment plan.

It would have been a complete waste of money to do most of it. But what do you expect from sleazy corporate chain clinics, owned by investors, who put dentists and office managers under the gun to bill more and more and more revenues, regardless of the appropriateness of treatment?

It is illegal for non-dentists to own dental practices in most state, but these corporate weasels get around the law by claiming they are only "management companies." They recruit dishonest dentists to pose as fake-owner front men for the outfit, to appear legal to state boards of dentistry

View more comments (5)
Aspen Dental Receptionist
Poor customer service
Full refund
Tags
  • Front desk dental care incomplete

Aspen Dental - Dentures Review

Had my front teeth knocked out from a car accident, had to get dentures.... needless to say, I've had 3 separate teeth fall out 1 on its own, 1 from eatting a salad & 1 from eatting a sandwhich! I dont think the technician knows what hes doing, material used ismessed up or both?

Ask for your money back now. I have good info from a former office manager that they are giving up on their money back guarantee on their junk dentures. It's hard to make money when you have to give so much of it back.

The most common explanation for tooth loss from dentures is wax is left on the teeth when it is put in the mold for final processing in plastic. The wax inhibits plastic from bonding well to the tooth.

A former lab technician of this chain has posted on this forum many times before about shortcomings in the labs this clinic uses.

It is more surprising when removable prosthetics done by this chain actually fits and lasts without breaking.

Of course, decent removable partials and dentures takes many appointments and costs a fair amount. Denture patients always want things as cheap as possible, and look at how that works out.

Product
Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen Dental - Dental Exam Review

My husband and I went to Aspen Dental yesterday. We are uninsured and were aware of a couple cavities. We simply went to see where our teeth stood and inquire about how much to fix them. They examed my husband first and told him he has an area of gum disease and 5 cavities. Though he is a smoker, he practices excellent oral hygiene, so I was somewhat shocked. They followed w my exam only to tell me I have 9 cavities, need 2 crowns, and my enamel is severely deteriorating so I would need a "tray treatment" for 6 wks. I'm not so good with oral hygiene so this seemed somewhat believable. When the financial support lady came in, I was crossed between crying, puking and punching the lady in the throat. They quoted and upwards of $1500 for my husband, and nearly $5000 for myself. Its like taking a loan out for a car! My husband paid some $$$ and set an appt for his "gum disease" (though after reading some of your posts I'm wondering if he even has it) bc lets face it, that's scary. I on the other hand, am coming out of pocket for a "second opinion" exam on thursday with our trusted family dentist. As soon as I told the recep there what Aspen was trying to charge me her response was "ummmm ya, you need to come in." After reading your posts, I'm believing more and more that i don't need these crowns.

I used to work for these idiots. Aspen only cares about $$ not the patients. ALWAYS get a second opinion before handing any money to aspen dental.

If you had a trusted family dentist, why on earth did you go to a sleazy corporate chain clinic? Did you actually think you would save money there?!?!

Everyone focuses on getting things as cheaply as possible.

Thank goodness you had the sense to wonder if you would really save money if your did not really need theunnecessary treatment proscribed for you.

Another thing you should be thinking about is whether the treatment performed at such a clinic will actually be performed competently. I have to redo substandard treatment done at corporate clinics quite frequently.

They use the cheapest labs out there, with some work done in China. And very seldom to the patients of corporate clinics get refunds to pay for me doing the treatment over right.

Bottom line- It was not a good idea to go to a clinic owned by investors instead of dentists, where high-school educated office managers are on bonus to sell all the unneeded treatment they can!

Review

Understaff & waiting too long in office to be treated. | Aspen Dental review from Bradenton, Florida

2.5
Every time I had a schedule appt. there has been a long delay by the time you wait and get to see the right person. The multitasking by employees doesn't give you the care needed and desired. Had 7 teeth pulled. Very upsetting. while the dentist seemed concerned he had to leave to attend 2 other patients. I felt like this is a meat market. Too many patients trying to attend to. Then I was scheduled for a crown . it was decided I didn't need one but I was to keep my appt. to check my gums and new partials. Receptionist calls the day before to tell me there isn't enough time for a crown. I tell her I 'm not getting one. She tells me well come in on the 10th. I said no, my teeth and gums are killing me. She tells me well come in as a walk in but it will be at least an hour wait. What happen to my appointment? At that point I want the manager. Now I am suppose to go in tomorrow at 11:30am with not too long a wait. I don't think you do this. I am suppose to give my appointment away when I am in pain? Your office tries but it is over booked. Sad there is no caring or concern.They talk to you in the beginning as though you get elite dental care. I don't feel that way at all. I would never recommend your services as I feel very disappointed. It as though a goal of new patients has to be met and once you do it's on to the next one. The dentist is nice but he can't do it all. You probably need 2 dentists working at 1 time. There is anxiety in having dental work done and there is no compassion when you doing too many things at once. This hasn't been a pleasant time rather hectic and disappointing experience.

That's aspen for you, long lines and poor service like Mcdonald's. If they are going to put a crown in your mouth, please be advised that it will be made in a lab in china out of who knows what material.

Aspen dental is only concerned about money in their pocket and no one else. Its good to know aspen is sending American jobs oversees to china.

All your complaints are valid. I have heard them from countless other patients from this corporate chain clinic.

Why do you think it happens? The answers are pretty clear:

1. Desperate young dentists, fresh out of school, who have not yet gained speed or complete competence in clinical procedures, are double and triple booked by their corporate masters who are not even dentists. They cannot handle the patient load.

I could not handle the patient load, even with 35 years of experience.

2. The chain signs on for worthless dental plans which have very low reimbursements. With these types of plans, very little time can be spent with patients. Everything must be rushed.

The firm is owned by investors and not dentists. Everything revolves around maximizing profit, with little concern about patient welfare.

There are many other reasons. Bottom line is you cannot get good care in sleazy corporate chain clinics like this. They are operating illegally anyway, and have tremendous legal staff so state boards of dentistry can do nothing about them.

Best thing you could do is kick the corporate chain dental clinic profit and go select a dentist who owns is own practice with a reputation for honesty and competence in your community. Ignore all the lying television advertisements of the chain clinics.

Aspen Dental Receptionist
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dentist should have his license "revoked" | Aspen Dental review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

While on a road trip, I broke my #29 tooth. The jagged edges worried me. I feared my tongue would get cut. Checked with all my relatives to find a family practice dentist, no luck. Brother-in-law told me about New Aspen Dental office on edge of town. Called and they first quoted me $421.00 to fix tooth. I was in pain and said "yes" just fix it. Then I told office manager I was retired from a utility company and had dental Insurance. The price immediately dropped to $211.00 and the dentist put resin base composite to fill the broken part of tooth. I left a "happy customer" Aspen billed my insurance co. and I had to pay $68.00 out-of-pocket. This past Monday evening while brushing my teeth before bed, the resin comp. patch fell off tooth. Jagged edges were back. I called my family dentist and he got me right in to grind down sharp edges until he can repair "properly" the whole tooth. Because my insurance company has already paid on this tooth repair, they won't do anything for the permanent repair by my family dentist. My wife called Aspen and they want $79.00 to fix the tooth again, and I told my wife, "*** No!" they won't see me again for anything.

Don't go to aspen dental for emergency treatment. The dentist there is already triple booked and running behind every minute.

They only want to focus on big treatment plans and your payment through a credit card. Your not important to them unless they can squeeze a lot of money out of you.

I am not sure this dentist did anything that would warrant a revocation of his license. A failed bonded filling does not mean malpractice or fraud.

On a traveling patient, I would have just smoothed off the rough edges and charged $25 or so, until the patient could get back to his home dentist.

With a gun to their head like corporate dentists always have, they don't dare do this. They would probably be reprimanded for not billing enough.

That being said, I don't know any dentists anywhere who accept insurance assignment for transient patients like this clinic did.

If you want a restoration that can potentially last the rest of your life, ask your regular dentist about a gold inlay-onlay.

So why should the doctor's license be revoked?????

View more comments (2)
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Rude liars scamers they only want money | Aspen Dental review from Daytona Beach, Florida

Had apt for oral surgery and pd for in advance and impressions were done and then day before surgery I was told needed emergency apt w my phycologost about what aspen dental was to do as far as sedation to see if meds I was on would interact no she said the same day got called by oral surgeon never met before who said I meeded to be in her office before 4 or surgery was off for monday did that she came in rm amd said she is not going through w surgery because my health was so bad gave me hand written letter ststing im a canidate for operating room.had abssest and had to go ro er and new dentist and still nothing they r liars rude and stero type u by calling the police to office to tell me they were not doing surgery really cause I have bipolar adhd angzity ptsd nuropathy. Filing a law suit im so sick and no ins can die from all infections in mouth they dont give a ***

It is ridiculous to schedule a patient for oral surgery without the surgeon personally interviewing the patient about health issues, and consulting with physicians before the surgery.

Incidentally, sedating a patient just for an extraction or two is ridiculous. I do it all the time with laughing gas and local anesthetic.

Occasionally I give an oral Valium which has very few potential interactions.

Why were you referred to an oral surgeon for this in the first place? Probably because the young dentists who work for this chain are too inexperienced to do the surgery themselves.

You have not really been harmed, except your time wasted, so a lawsuit will not gain you anything.

Get your money back from this sleazy clinic, and go to a reputable dentist in your community WHO OWNS THE PRACTICE IN WHICH HE WORKS!

@Seasoned Dentist

I'm sorry, but a "seasoned dentist" should be aware of the fact that bodily harm is far from being the only thing someone can sue for. If this person got screwed out of a hundred bucks, they could sue for it if they feel like bothering with it.

If they have the proof, why would they not win? If they do not pay their bills, do they not risk getting sued? So if you are billed something that you could get sued for and you did not get the service, you better believe you have a case. They are entitled to a certain standard of service within a care facility and a lot of these problems would be eliminated if people would simply remember that.

Furthermore, a person who has experienced any form of malfeasance from any of the staff, depending on the circumstances, does not have to sue the corporation of Aspen Dental. A case can be filed against one individual within one of Aspen's locations, if that person has been screwy with the billing or with a person's dental records. Every office has troublemakers. They do not have to have a lawyer either.

All they have to do is file it with the court and come prepared to show proof of their claim, because the court doesn't like its time being wasted either... but if a case is presented, that person will have the opportunity to show the information to the judge who will judge it on proof of claim, not on size or severity of claim. Filing a case against an individual also goes for the dentists, but again, you would think that someone who had that much education would be aware of such liabilities, whereas some of these other employees who apparently go through some short-term training, as if they are working in a call center, may have no idea that someone might walk in and hand them a summons one day with their name on it... and that's a shame because those other less educated employees are representing doctors of dentistry.

If anyone working in Aspen dental screws up, they better hope that the mistake was according to the policies of aspen dental (as loose as they seem to be), so that they may be protected under Aspen dental's legal teams and therefore not liable as an individual who, let's say, decided to cook up some paperwork to disguise a charge... or maybe instructed other employees to hide regional management information from a patient or hide some issue from a manager, or if a dentist did something outside of Aspen's guidelines, obviously. As for the person who made this complaint, I understand their desire to have this taken care of but they need to understand that oral surgery can cause immediate health issues beyond the health risks of NOT having it done, which is still very serious... possibly life threatening.

Still yet, if they were at risk for infection and it was obvious, I don't know why they were not given antibiotics before it got any more severe. However, if the police had to be called, they must have been raising *** and maybe that was the whole problem. Obviously not a good idea but I'm sure a "seasoned dentist" would be aware of the fact that dental complications can be a matter of life and death. I mean, surely you are aware of how virulent oral bacteria can be as it has formed an often elaborate biofilm, right?

. . . and that many of the multiple strains seen in dental biofilms today are resistant to run of the mill broad spectrum antibiotics because they work together with quorum sensing and immediately respond to any fluctuations in any of the strain's populations, which are often not treatable with the same antibiotic at the same time, right?

Complications from dental procedures are known to be the cause of presentations with high mortality rates, and both the patients and the people in the office who ignore phone calls from patients who recently had extractions kind of need to understand this. This isn't a fast food chain and it would be great if Aspen dental policies started reflecting that, because I personally am still waiting on contact information for the regional manager from one of the Aspen staff. It's been weeks. I've made a couple of complaints through various avenues and am seeing, here and there, people getting numbers to call with extensions to speak to someone about it.

I've yet to be offered anything like that. I don't know what the person who made this complaint is going through exactly, but as far fetched as discrimination sounds... I gotta say. Nothing would surprise me.

It's like one day they just decided to put me on the S. list and start ignoring my calls after 5 successful, completely uneventful visits (aside from the need for antibiotics days after the last visit) . . .

and I always behave. Suddenly, BAM, we're not interested in helping you anymore. The last "help" I got was when that rude staff member offered to cancel my future appointments, but I'm fairly certain she is just trying to hide her error and is willing to sacrifice an Aspen client to do so, which is pretty childish. .

. and her manager needs to know that.

Aspen Dental Emergency Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
write a letter to medicaid saying I can not eat sleep absets hurt in lots of pain and to be paid for er visit I had to go to antibiotics pain meds payment of dentist they referred me too and fire the *** who stero typed me or all will be on local new