dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Dentures are made with what appear to be inexperienced dental lab personnel. | Aspen Dental review from Newnan, Georgia

1.4
The dentures made had a very rough palate and thin potentially breaking pressure areas. The brand new dentures needed dental paste to keep them in as they were too large. The supposedly dentist, did not tell the dental lab or write down that they were too big in the beginning. I told them but I guess they did not believe me. They are too slow with only one dentist in the Newnan, GA office. I would not go back for anything. I caution anyone concerning going to Aspen Dental particularly in Newnan, to heed this warning and make an appointment somewhere else, I know that the insurance may allow you to only go to this company but be very vigilant and patient.

If you have a dental insurance plan that restricts you to going to bozos like Aspen Dental, it is a worthless plan, and a waste of your benefit dollars. You should drop it.

The thickness of plastic on the palate of an upper denture should range from 1.5 to 2.5 millimeters in thickness for strength. When a patient has opposing natural teeth, it is a good idea to reinforce an upper denture with metal mesh to increase strength further. This costs extra money.

You went to a clinic hoping to get dentures cheap. Now you got junk dentures. You want decent dentures like honest dentists make, be prepared to pay over $1500 per denture. Making quality dentures is expensive and time consuming. It usually takes me 6 appointments to get them in the mouth, plus 3 or 4 adjustments appointments.

Cheap *** dentures from a sleazy corporate clinic and Chinese labs, or quality dentures from a reputable dentist. Take your choice. You learned the hard way what cheap *** dentures from a sleazy corporate clinic are like.

Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • Dentist not a professional
  • Long wait-1 hour in chair
  • Poorly constructed dentures
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Dr Rachel Clay in Greenwood, SC has crossed the line | Aspen Dental review

First office visit (March 2014) – I asked about implants to correct a problem with several teeth. Dr Rachel Clay told me that implants were not an option. I was advised to have some teeth removed and partials made. Dr Clay also advised me to have root scaling and planing with additional antibiotic treatment. I signed agreement to have partials made, but refused the deep cleaning and antibiotics due to the high cost. Insurance paid for part of the service agreement. I gave Aspen Dental a CareCredit card, which they used to charge amounts that covered the rest of agreement, even though I was only required to give them 60% of the plan costs. I currently have a credit balance with them of about $1,100. Only $1,000 is needed to pay for the permanent dentures, so it appears that they overcharged my credit card. Second or third visit - Dr Rachel Clay asked again about the deep cleaning and antibiotic. I told her that I was OK with the cleaning but did not think that the antibiotic treatment cost was worth the extra benefit that it offers. She "reworked" the estimate to lower the cost, but I thought it was still too high, and I refused it. "Reworking" the second estimate was a red flag for me. I suspected that she was intentionally recommending unnecessary treatment with the first estimate. Most recent visit (October 10, 2014) - I had an 8:00 appointment for Dr Clay to create a cast for my permanent dentures. She examined my mouth and then told her assistant to do X-rays of my mouth because a small chip of one of my teeth had come off. She asked again about the root scaling and planing with additional antibiotic treatment. She asked what issues I had with the treatment. I told her that I was OK with the cleaning but reiterated that I did not think that the antibiotic treatment cost was worth the extra benefit that it offers. My insurance would cover none of the cost, and I would be paying all of the cost. At that point, she shouted at me that my choices were to either do the antibiotics or have surgery. By 9:15, she still had not taken the cast of my mouth for the permanent dentures, so I walked to the front office area and asked them when someone was going to do the procedure that I came for. I told them that I needed to leave at 9:30. Around 9:25, Dr Clay came back into the room and asked if I could stay about 10 more minutes. She told her office manager to come back to my room to talk to me about the deep cleaning procedure. When it was determined that I had maxxed out my insurance, I told the office manager that I would have to wait until after Jan 1 before I could have the procedure done. Dr Clay did what I thought was a cast for my permanent dentures. After the material cured, an assistant affixed it to my partials and put them in my mouth. So, it appears that what she did was to create a cushion for my partials because they were loose in my mouth. As I was leaving (it was now 9:45), I turned around to ask the office manager when I could pick up my permanent dentures. He stepped back to an examining room to talk to Dr Clay. He then came back out and told me that I would have to wait until after I had the root scaling and planing done in January. So, it appears that she is withholding my permanent dentures (or $1,100 of my money) until I pay her another $1,400 for the root scaling and planing procedure.

you have other dentists in Greenwood. Make another choice!

I used to work for these idiots. Confusion, mixing and fixing the treatment plan to aspen's desired production numbers is a regular part of aspen's scam.

Too many patients there get a very quick exam costing thousands of dollars and then the dentist gets up and leaves the room. The patient is ran down the hall to the "managers office" where they are blindsided by a set of fees that aspen either begs or demands the patient puts on a credit card. After holding you hostage and getting you into a credit card bill, you are quickly shown the door at which point you are not a priority to them. All of this is done with little or no explanation to the patient about what they have paid for!

The dentist should have explained all your problems from the first to the last procedure and any questions you had before he left the room and sent you down the hall to have the money yanked out of your hands.

He was probably too busy trying to examine the other 30 new patients he had to see that day. Most of the dentist there don't take the time to explain any of the scam treatment because the dentist knows that halfway through he will be gone and you will be the next dentist's problem!

@Anonymous

Funny, I went through exactly such a high-pressure sale experience, except it was a time-share vacation condo racket. The sales manager finally threw me out when I alerted other potential customer/victims about the time value of money.

Maybe the "closers" at Aspen are recruited from the time-share condo world?!

@Seasoned Dentist

That would be a huge step up for aspen. The so called office managers are just random people they recruit from fast food and retail stores.

They send them to Syracuse, NY for a few days of classes on what exact type of sales pitch/ smoke and mirrors aspen wants them to give to patients to get them to sign. They are indeed told to focus on pushing credit cards on the poor. That's it.

That's all they know about the dental office. Most couldn't tell a filling from a denture.

Aspen Dental is a corporate based dental company- I had an experience with them a few years ago, they refused to do a cleaning unless I went to a specialist for gum disease- this is where deep scaling and root p. come in, and antibiotic treatment; I guess they were miffed because I had been a dental assistant some years ago, and questioned why I had to see a specialist to do what any normal dental hygienist does?

Cleans your teeth, including deep scaling and root p. The dentist pointed out mistakes a prior dentist had done which was why I came to Aspen in the 1st place.

They wanted an insane amount of money up front before even working on me, which was a red flag, I never returned. Consumers do your homework before going to these assembly line dental clinics that do inferior work.

When you say "dentures," do you mean "partial dentures?" Because it would not make sense to treat you for gum disease if they were going to extract all your teeth.

If you meant partial dentures, I agree that the antibiotic placed under the gums is usually a waste of money and a profit center for this clinic. But if the plan was for partial dentures, you need to make sure that remaining teeth are in good gum health because PARTIAL DENTURES PUT ADDITIONAL LOAD ON THE REMAINING TEETH.

You went to the wrong place, buddy.

Who knows what could have been done with your mouth. Who knows if implants could have been placed or not. At this chain clinic, employee-dentists are pushed to yank teeth out and make cheap dentures at high prices.

Get out of there and go to an honest, competent dentist who can give you straight talk about what can be done.

Get your credit refund and get out. You were not wise to trust your care to a fleabag corporate chain clinic owned by investors instead of dentists.

@Seasoned Dentist

wow this a crazy comment. I hope in every case you would seek a second exam.

but because you don't understand doesnot mean they were wrong. please seek the advice of another dental office.

View more comments (6)
Aspen Dental Dental Implants
Not as described/ advertised

Incompitent | Aspen Dental review from Jacksonville, Florida

2.5
I had impression taken THREE TIMES, were lost, one within a weeks time, no one could find them. First temporary bridge they sent the wrong ones in to be made permenant, I spent an hour there and walked away discusssed. Aspen keeps charging me for incorrect charges, watch what you are charged. If you do not you will end up overpaying. Do NOT BE afraid to challenge them on thier charges. Wrong codes are put in the system. They upcharged me three time; dental appoints made by the office manager not in the system. I am moving on they have cause me so much agony; it is reprhensible the mis management that goes on at the Airport Rd facility. BAD, BAD, SERVICE, INCOMPITENCE billing/charges, and service.

I called with a tooth hurting that the previous week I had the same tooth fixed. Today, I have a tooth ache.

I will call for some medication but I plan to get a new dentist quickly. The office had a major change over with most staff. I wish I had the other receptionist.

She listened and got me an appointment that same day or the next. The old Aspen Dental I would recommend but not the new office.

Sounds like pretty normal operations for this *** outfit to me. When you bring hoards of patients in, overbook the schedule, send lab work to China, and have a revolving door of dentists and office staff, things are always mixed up.

Don't know why you thought to make a sleazy investor-owned corporate dental clinic your dentist-of-record, but it was a bad idea.

Don't think just transferring to another one of their locations will solve the problems. The problems are the same everywhere.

The most important two qualifications for any health care worker is competence and honesty.

These are most often found in established dentists who own their practices. Corporate clinics employ no one except newbies and losers.

Office seems scattered; dental technicians information to receptionist not posted on patients charts.

#881989
@Poor service delivered

The dental technicians instructions probably wasn't clear because it was written in Chinese. I'm still waiting for the press release where Aspen declares they are moving their corporate headquarters to China.

Aspen tries to sell themselves off to the Nascar crowd by telling them they stand with the working class. I wonder what nascar fans would do if they found out aspen is putting Chinese made crowns and dentures in their mouths and sending American jobs to china!

View more comments (3)
Aspen Dental Manager
Reason of review
lost of time, frustration, gas etc, not recieving what was promised lower and upper partials only recieved lower.
Full refund

Tooth Removal Review

I went to apsen dental a year ago had tooth pulled I thought I were going to die what a bad experience for 99.00
Review

TOOK 13 MONTHS TO GET DENTURES WHEN THEY SAID IT WOULD BE 6!!! | Aspen Dental review

Aspen Dental, Nashua, NH-started the process in 12/2013, & it started off bad right at the beginning. Should have known. Office manager too intent on talking to me about her kid being recruited to MIT than discussing my Dental Plan. And it has pretty much been a hassle ever since. I love when I have an 8 a.m. appointment, & the only person in the office is the receptionist (everyone else strolls in at 8:20 while the patients are sitting in the waiting room-they all walked by us). By the way, the receptionist, 4th one in 10 months. That speaks volumes!!!!!! The final straw was today, when I went for a temporary denture repair (have been wearing them for 10 months), & the dentist basically called me a liar because I didn't schedule my filings appointment on time, & now am maxed out on my insurance for the year!!!!!! I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR 3 FILINGS TIL AUGUST-then was told it would be $600 out of pocket. YA, RIGHT!!!!! I HAVE INSURANCE-WON'T PAY OUT OF POCKET!!!!!!! Already costing me $8000!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, as the patient, I am inconvenienced, & have to wait til -01/2015 to get the rest of this work done. Appalling to me. Want to transfer to another office-who says they are any better???? I am in the middle of all this work. Now what do I do??????
#881994

If you ever walk into a dental clinic and you get the sense of don't care, burger king and incompetence from the office, then you know you are at aspen dental. This place is a sad and dangerous joke to their patients.

What should you do? Cut your losses. Get a refund on any credit due you, and go to a reputable dentist who owns his own practice. I guarantee they will not saunter in 20 minutes late. You are only fooling yourself if you think things will be better at another Aspen office. The problem is not that particular office but the whole Aspen business model.

What is the business model? Investors run a chain of dental offices, not dentists. They employ young, highly-indebted dental graduates, and put a gun to their heads to do the maximum treatment they can on patients, or they are fired. Add high-school graduates managing the clinics, also on bonus to put the maximum patient dollars on high-interest credit cards. Then charge all the treatment up front, unlike all other dental offices, to discourage the patients from changing dentists. Lastly, make refunds very difficult to obtain.

This is the sort of *** place you chose for your dental care. Not sure why you chose this clinic chain, but it was a very bad decision. There are plenty of good dentists in private practice in New Hampshire.

About maxing your dental insurance out for the year- this frequently happens everywhere, as dental policies are so limited in coverage. All we dentists can do is try to prioritize patient treatment so the most important stuff gets billed on the insurance policy.

Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen dental in mcdonough ga

1.5
Problem description: on or about july 15, 2013 i went to aspen dental, located @ 1430 highway 20 west mcdonough ga 30253. i had several fillings and teeth clean and partials done by dentist dr. parker. after getting the filling they begain comming out the next week and there after. i went to the hygenist, to get my teeth clean, while cleanin my teeth the hygenist discovered my two of my filling were comming out, so she stop her work and refered me back to dr. parker to have the teeth refilled. two or therr months after i begain having other filling comming out of my mouth, i them became mad and requested another dentist. i was given the other dentist a male name i can't recall, however he did try to redo the teeth that needed to be filled. one of the teeth that had done had to be drilled out and reconstructed. i had one tooth that was shot up so much to numb me that he couldn't give me any more numbing medican because he was at the limit so he sent me home with pain meds and i didn't get that teeth done until june or july of this year when another filling fell out. i just informed the dentist in auguest or september that my filling was out before she had come and that i had pain and needed it filled because that's where my clast fits into for my lower partial. she set me an appointment for september 4, 2014 because she was only temporary because they couldn't keep a full time dentist. on september 4, 2014 i went into the dentist office and was told there was finally a perment dentist. i wwent into to the office where he was and sat into the chair, his assistant begain asking the reason for my visit i told him that my filling was out for about a month or two and that i was in pain because this is where my clast fits into for my partials. the dentist came in and said i see that you need filling, i informed him that my filling were out and that it needed to be filled. he begain telling me that i needed silver filling, i informed him that i had a problem with silver filling because they had a bad report in the medicial community. he then told me he never heard any nagtive report and that he has them too. i told him that i prefer binding the same as my teeth, and told him if i had a problem with the sivler that he was considering placeing into my mouth that i would deal with it legally. he then informed me that he wasn't going to do my filling and that i could get someone else to do them, because he though that i might sue him. i had informed him that i was refering to the material of the silver and not him. he insisted that he wasn't going to work on my mouth, i informed him that i would report him to his corporate office, he told me to go right ahead with a nasty attitude and told my to get the correct spelling of his name off the front wall. i went to the front office and told them bout it and was told by ms. lora to call her conyer office and make an appointment as a transfre, she was very nice and very professional about the whole situation, she made sure that i was taken care of during the corse of a yr back and forth. thank you very mush for an outstanding job ms. lora. however i was informed by the office manager ms. kim from the begainning of when she first arriverd that she would have me taking care of and so far she did. recently she has drop the ball in seeing about patient care first being that i had to go through sever pain and suffering through this last year with 3 to 4 different dentist working on m,y month and being shot up twice for the same problem that i had going to them in the first place in pain and fillings out. i have been told by ms. kim since sepember 4, 2014 that she had to get the ok from her regenial manager. it's been a month now and i am in sever pain and my filling is out still preventing my from placing my partials into my mouth and eating my food. this is a disgrace and unforuate that i had to encounter this type of professionalizum from aspen dental. Desired Settlement: Repair Desired Outcome: i would like for aspen dental to repair my filling that dr. parker filled and has come out with so many other of my teeth, and return back half of the money i spent with their office to get the help this i had original came for. additionally i need them to hold responsibility for any future filling that may come out do to dr. parkers failure to preform her job. please hire professional dentist and staff that are going to work in the patients best intrest.
#881993

I used to work for these idiots. They buy the cheapest composite materials made, not all composite material is of good manufacture or quality, and expect the dentist to place the fillings as fast as he can.

He also probably had to assist himself as the assistants they hire know nothing.

I'm surprised any of the fillings stayed in. Just take your needs to a real dental office where they will take the time to do it right.

1. Quit reading *** garbage written by greedy scaremongers on the internet about silver fillings being dangerous.

I am a dentist and have them in my own mouth.

2. Where a clasp attaches to a tooth is a high-wear area. I agree with the dentist- the filling should have been silver. Or you could do a gold inlay, the finest filling known to mankind, but the price will be 5 times higher.

But resin fillings will not last long in this area.

3. Why do you think you have seen so many dentists? Because no decent dentists want to work in these vipers' pits for long. They are ALWAYS a revolving door for employees.

Looking back, was it really worth the hassle to go to a sleazy chain clinic like you visited?

I did a net search on Google for McDonough and there are tons of dentists in your area. Why did you choose a clinic owned by a leveraged buyout group with a reputation for hustling patients???????????

Aspen Dental Dental Filling
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
give me half of my payment and repair my filling, and any other future work that aspen may be responsible for and ge professional dentist and staff.

WARNING re: "free exam" - Had excruciating toothache... got 2-hr. sales pitch | Aspen Dental review from Athol, Massachusetts

Aspen was the only one that would see me next day, so "I bit". Fortunately took their free initial exam offer, so I didn't lose any money... just wasted a bunch of time, and STILL have pain. They located the hurting tooth and checked all the others and found lots of other problems as well. First thing I wondered about... Dr. said my tooth was infected, so I asked about antibiotics. Reply was "don't think that will help you"... you need a root canal or lose the tooth. I was ready to lose the tooth but thought "what? antibiotics won't help infection?" They also wouldn't pull the tooth that day either... said "I'd have to schedule it". Long story short... they sent one specialist after another in to see me. At one point I asked if they would give me something for the pain and Dr. said probably "Tylenol 3". Eventually I was ushered into the "sales manager's" office, and they said depending on the plan, total would be anywhere from $5,000-12,000+ to "restore" my teeth (partials, bridges, etc.). The gal asked me if was ready to commit and said I would need to think things over, which seemed reasonable to me, considering the money involved (which I admitted was an issue as well). Before leaving I told here the Dr. said meanwhile she would phone in an Rx for the Tylenol 3... and I was told it would be in my pharmacy by the end of the day. I go to pick up prescription next morning... and there's nothing. I go home and eventually get the Dr. on the phone and am told "if we didn't actually do any work that day, we can't phone anything in"... exact opposite of what I was told. In a nutshell.. they didn't make a sale, so its pretty much "***, we're not gonna help you". I'd have happily paid them for the extraction which I was expecting. Instead gotta a sales pitch.. and absolutely NO help of any kind. Being lied to about phoning in a prescription and left to suffer another day,is really the worst part. Unbelievable. 'Grr....
#881998

I used to work for aspen dental and this is exactly the type of *** I remember happening. By the way, there are no Free exams at aspen.

If you have insurance, they bill the insurance company for the money.

If you don't have insurance, they roll more than the cost of the exam into your overpriced and unnecessary procedures that they bill your credit card for. Aspen isn't going to give anything free to anybody.

1. Antibiotics, if they work at all, work very slowly if no treatment is performed.

It is a myth that treatment cannot be performed if there is an infection. The quickest way to quell the infection is eliminate the source of the infection.

2. Why did they refer you to those specialists? Because the freshly-graduated dentists this chain employs are too inexperienced to do treatment most dentists do in-office.

It is quite ridiculous to try to sell a patient on a big treatment plan while he is hurting from an infected tooth. Any honest dentist gets the patient out of pain, THEN has them back for an exam to see what else is wrong.

4. It is completely incredible that after wasting so much time at their office, they refused to give you a prescription for pain.

5. Gosh, in the area where I practice there are plenty of dentists who can see patients the same day for emergencies.

PLEASE seek an dentist who owns his own practice next time, instead of a sleazy corporate clinic owned by investors.

6. Wherever you decide to go, PLEASE consider SAVING the tooth if possible, instead of extracting it. Patients do not realize that along with the tooth, a big chunk of valuable bone is lost during each extraction.

7. Out of all this hassle, you found out what a "free" exam is worth: the same as the price- zero!

Review

Paid over $2000 for a two day job - stilll have work unfinished | Aspen Dental review from Warren, Michigan

I paid $1800 cash up front and billed insurance for a full set of high quality dentures in August that were supposed to be done in two days, it is now October. They took over $3000 with my cash and insurance combined before any work was done. I have now had 8 appointments and the teeth still do not fit me. It is painfully obvious that my dentures were made for someone else and the lab tech has no clue. I have been wearing dentures since '78 --36 years-- so I am extremely qualified to evaluate their work in spite of them repeatedly telling me my jaw has to conform !wrong!, healing has been finished for decades! I have never before had a reline on any denture I had. So far I have had 3 relines on this new set and they still do not fit. I know that half of all student must graduate at the bottom of the class and I believe they could not get a job anywhere else. I am going to attempt to use their 'guarantee' but I can almost guarantee they will not return even $1000 that they got. I am also going to contact my insurance to blacklist them. The work is shoddy, overpriced and incompetent and I will absolutely never recommend them and make sure that everyone I know is warned to stay away.

1. Being a long-time denture wearer, you doubtless know that it is impossible to construct good dentures in 2 days.

I have made dentures for 37 years. The MINIMUM without skipping all the important steps is 5 appointments. If I push my lab tech and patients are flexible with appointments, I can get a new set of dentures done in a month. Two days is flat impossible.

There are good dentists that know how to construct good dentures in every corner of the United States. Why on earth did you choose a sleazy corporate clinic utilizing dentists right out of school? If anything takes years to get good at, it is constructing dentures.

3. Sorry, no insurance company is going to blacklist a whole chain of investor-owned clinics.

They would have a massive lawsuit on their hands.

4. Good luck getting all the money refunded. It will take months, if it happens at all.

Next time, pay no attention to lying TV ads. Any dentist that has to advertise this way is probably a crook.

Aspen Dental - Employee Turnover Review from Killeen, Texas

Do not come to aspen if you care about your soul. You will see many doctors. They don't stay because they are worked like slaves. Ask me how I know. I'm getting out!

Don't forget that at aspen dental the dentists are just floor mats for the management to wipe their feet on. If aspen wants to get rid off a dentist who is honest and won't rip off patients they play a little game with the staff.

The *** office manager and the regional manager will tell the assistants, hygienist to write complaints saying the dentist mistreated them.

They use that as an excuse so the don't have to admit that they fired the dentist because they wouldn't scam and rip off patients enough. total ***.

I also used to work for aspen and was worked like a slave and was miserable. I should have known better.

The clinic I worked in had 6 dentist go through in 1 year. You spend all day dealing with patients who are angry because the previous dentist has dropped his *** treatment plans in your lap for you to deal with and left town. You sometimes get no lunch. We worked 9:00 until the last patient left, aka very late every day.

You feel bad trying to tell the patients that aspen actually cares and the dentures are actually going to work. The last straw for me was when I saw the regional manager jumping the office manager because she was not running the patients through the office fast enough. In other words, getting them into a credit card bill and getting them out the door. The office managers response was to complain that the dentist was giving the patients too many options to fix their teeth and it was hard to come up with a bill and get them into a credit card.

They them proceeded to try to jump the dentist. I wonder what the public would think if they knew that aspen was letting 2 ex co-managers from KFC tell a Dr. that he is giving people too many options to fix their teeth!

I also was told the office managers are instructed to give patients who ask for a refund special grief in hopes they will just get fed up and leave. Aspen dental is a cancer to the dental profession.

@Anonymous

Because of brave ex-employee dentists like you, the truth will come out about these filthy corporate dental operations.

To think that so many patients think these chains are "just providing competition" and in so doing "lowering the cost of dental care."

I intend to lobby my state board in Kansas to adopt strict ownership tests, so these sleazy chains cannot get away with the ruse of claiming they are just "management companies" and it is dentists who own the clinics.

Congratulations on your decision. I cannot imagine the *** you must have lived for working for that outfit.

There is life after sleazy clinics.

I broke the habit in 1987 and never looked back. I would work as a car mechanic before I ever worked as a dentist in a sleazebag corporate dental chain clinic again.

Treat patients right, charge them a fair fee and you will prosper eventually.

One more bit of advice- try not to sign any contracts with crooked insurance companies to be a prostituting provider. That goes double for DMO contracts.

View more comments (3)

Don't use Aspen Dental

Natick MA office of Aspen Dental operated like dealer ship. Their call center like whole company operated like dealer ship. They promised anything to get you in the door. Few times I called directly to office & stated I need an appointment for tooth to pullout not for consultation which was done by my dentist. They advertize on TV is to far from reality. In my opinion look like falls advertisement. They care about money and money only. Receptionist asked to pay upfront. I asked for what kind of service.I was told for consultation but we had an appointment to pullout tooth and we had x rays and referral from my dentist. I told that normally payment collected after service provided but not in this company. They took us in office,closed door for unfriendly, stressful "conversation". I paid before service were done but we didn't got receipt show for what kind of service we paid. We got the credit card receipt. The doctor wasn't friendly, was quick to get rid of us. He did shot then want do x ray. Usually its done opposite way. X ray machine didn't work.During surgery water didn't work. He walk out didn't say anything. I complained to corporate office to CEO but end up with assistant to CEO. Left several messages but she didn't call back. Finally got her attention. Told in details our complain. She promised call me back same day but I asked investigate our complain and respond in writing. I stated I don't want dealing with local offices. However I received calls from regional office & customer service. That office didn't had working x ray machine, wasn't water working during surgery. Even wasn't given to us receipt for what kind of treatment we paid. We left very frustrated, had lot of stress there. I wish we did our "home work" to do research before go there. Next time we will do that and advised you do also. In my opinion and base on our experience stay away from Aspen. Please read other peoples review.

aspen has 400+ offices. To them everyone is just a number.

To be honest, nobody much desires patients who only want their teeth pulled one by one. They are depressing to treat.

Dentists are trained to save teeth and improve oral health.

Also to be honest, most any dentist would want to see a copy of the x-ray and talk to the patient briefly before an extraction appointment. Extractions can vary in difficulty between and easy one taking 5 minutes to extract, to a difficult impaction taking an hour. They would not know for how long to book you without seeing the x-ray first.

Toothache patients who only want teeth pulled often neglect paying their bills after dentists relieve them from pain. They are very poor credit risks.

This is the reason you were asked to pay in advance.

It is really strange that your dentist referred you to Aspen. Most dentists advise their patients to avoid those offices like the plague.

Aspen Dental Advertisement