Aspen Dental Reviews

Show reviews that mention
dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth
Filter review

Gave false price quote and would not honor it

my husband went to Aspen Dental to get his dentures because when I called and got a price, I was told a set of dentures was $199.00 to $1,300.00. The $1,300.00 sounded reasonable because when I priced them last year at Denture Center their price was $1,500.00. My husband had gotten his last set there. So if your best set was $1,300.00 then I thought we would try your company. With our insurance our co-pay should have been less than $500.00. Then my husband comes home and says the teeth cost $2,763.00. He told them that was too much so they added coupons to get it down. But our share was $916.00. This is $400 or $500 more than it should have been. When I called to complain I talked to someone that said they would listen to the phone call because they would want to honor what they had told a customer. I don't have who I talked to because I have a new email provider and lost all my emails. I received an email from her that the customer service supervisor had listened to the call and that I was told the price was for each plate, not the set. But I was told it was for a set of dentures. I asked if I could hear the call and she said she did not know if technology would allow that and I never heard back. I have called back a couple of other times and requested a price for a set of dentures and was told $199.00 to $1,400.00. One of the times was on July 13, between 2:00 and 3:00. If you call the toll free number (800)277-**** and ask for a price for a set of dentures, you will also be told what I was. I don't know if my phone call was was really listened to because they said the operator said the price was for each plate. But nothing was said about the price being for each plate, because I never would have scheduled an appointment. I would like someone to listen to the call and also hear if it possible. I would like to have the $400 or so that I was overcharged put back on my flex spending account. This was money I had alloted for my own dental work and medical expenses for the rest of the year. I fell like this is a scam to get people into your office. Why would people come there when you chage double what someone else does. If I can't get my refund, the $400.00 you have taken from me is buying you a lot more than that in bad publicity. Everyone I know will hear my horror story of dealing with your company. That's if they already haven't.

I have been trying to get them to tell me the break down price on my upper Dentures.

No one has an answer. Makes no since considering there is a break down price for my lower partials.

Between the temps and the permanents. This is why I'm believing that they are actually going to use my top temps as my permanents. I tried to get the break down price for the possibility of going to a different Dentist.

But they won't reimburse me any money on the top temps. Why should I have to pay full price for temps.

I went to Aspen Dental and what a rip off. They talk you into this and that.

Tell you how much it is. Then slap you with a different amount once your teeth are pulled. And after looking up law suits and it stated hidden fees, I looked over my bill and sure enough over $600. Was not accounted for.

I'm not even going to get I to all the horrible things I have experienced. :( :(

I went to aspen dental and had a tooth pulled. I was told the cost was just over $200 over the phone.

When I got there they said I needed "gum therapy" which included a cleaning, prescription toothpaste and mouth wash and this "great" electric toothbrush that I was told all the dentists there use. Final quoted price at the office was near $700. The electric toothbrush's battery stopped charging after one month of use :roll And I had to send it back to the manufacturer at my cost for shipping... And 3 months later same problem with the battery.

Would I go back again?

Probably not. :x

Amy, I guess you still drink the kool-aid. You and I know the visit is not free. The patients insurance company gets a bill.

The comfylite dentures are the most expensive Aspen sells and as office managers we think we look better selling the high price ***. Dentures are only as good as the people making them and my experience in several different markets was the same. Most patients were unhappy with the quality.

My friends, if you want the job done right then don't go to Aspen. Poorly trained people and no, the prices are not any cheaper than other places. Aspen is all about your money and that's it.

I went to Aspen and sitting right here is an "estimate" for $12,000 for full upper and lowers with sedated extractions. I laughed right in the ladies face, she dismissed me when I told her that I was denied by care credit.

(I didnt apply). Im going to Sexton in SC in a few weeks and my total bill is $3,000, well worth the difference in price.

F ASPEN DENTAL COST ME MY TOOTH AND MY JOB.. DO NOT DO NOT I REPEAT GO TO ASPEN. THEY SUCK THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY

THE SAD THING IS I'M ONLY 24 AND I LOST MY MOLAR TOOTH BECAUSE THEY DID A LOUSY JOB.

We’re very sorry and extremely disappointed that your concern has not been resolved. If you call our Patient Satisfaction team at 866-273-**** or email us at patientservices@***.com our Patient Satisfaction Manager will personally look into your issue and get back to you.

Again, we apologize. Thank you.

Google Aspen Dental complaints and you'll realize you are not the only one in this situation. There are pages of complaints.

Aspen dental does care about the people- that's why they've made their hours convenient, their prices reasonable and so many financing options. They even accept emergency walk-ins. What else do you expect from a place?

Get in touch with the Professional Standards Board, the Dept. of Education, who issues the dental license to these dentists and other professionals. And they will be investigated. Last resort, the attorney general of your state.

Always check out the BBB and Rip off report, which is a website BEFORE calling these places. You can also check out the license and any complaints of professional people with the state they are registered. You will see if they had any negative reports.

Bottom line ... get everything in WRITING before the work begins and before you leave the office.

From one who has been there and done that. Been screwed more than once now.

Good luck.

Sam

View more comments (11)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Product
Aspen Dental Dentures
I am an extremely dissatisfied "patient" of Aspend dental. After reading through hundreds of complaints which echo mine, I am going to make it my mission to bring their fraudulent and unethical practices to light and bring them down. Anyone with ANY inside info or...
#2070481

broke my upper jaw, puncture hole in upper jaw while removing a tooth - punctured sinus and fluid traveled through sinus and out nose. Had to have plugged and then on meds for two months and wash mouth medicated for 2 months.

It's been 9 months and I still can't eat with temp teeth as they were made where I bite my own tongue - bottom partials grab my under tongue. Did not get permanents I paid for, as I could not get the girls to make temps even correctly. In fact I paid for entire thing in cash from my SSI so I could eat solids and crunchy things again. That didn't happen, instead my nose area does not match center perfect to middle of teeth so it looks off somewhat.

That is from her breaking my upper section of jaw using hammer tool instead of pulling a three tooth partial permanent denture that was attached to two good teeth. I'm still having issues. I had to get a 2nd opinion for doctor to believe me and I have 30 years in medical field. I think they stuck me with a student even after knowing all my medical concerns.

Then she treated me like it was all my fault when she punctured hole in my mouth. but I have doctors to back up what was done to my mouth and photos and witnesses, plus they charged me approx $6,000 and that was with a discount.

I feel as though I paid them to bash my face in and now I'm in *** and still having sinus issues and pressure migranes and no permanent teeth. I need to find someone to help me, so far I have filed complaint with BBB for their help.

View more comments
Cleveland, Ohio
Aspen Dental Dental Services
I have paid out $1,292.50 to Aspen Dental in Vestal, N.Y. for services. Our Insurance paid Aspen Dental this money back in April. We have yet to receive our money back from Aspen Dental. I have filed a complaint to the state attorney's office for fraud. I have...
#2025331

I have been waiting since April for my dentures thist time they told me they have to send them to new York it will be 4 weeks. Before I get them meanwhile I am unable to chew my food

View more comments
Middletown, New York

Do go to Aspen Dental- Fraudulent billing

This corporate dental organization is a joke, they only care about money not the patient. The horrible part is that they treat their employees like slaves with no respect, its all about volume and numbers rather than patient care. Once you commit to treatment and they get your money they could care less about you. Keep in mind I am refering to the coroporate side of this organization, the doctors are great, its a shame that Aspen treats them like rats. I dont recommend contributing any of your hard earned dollars to this organization, you will be happier some place else.

They are great here in Saratoga. I have had no problems w/ the office or Dentists.

They have been a God send for me who couldn't afford dental work due to being on SSD. I am finally taking care of me thanx to them.

Hey "satisfied Aspen Customer"

It is OK to make money but not rip people and insurance companies off and provide substandard care. You need to crawl out from under the rock!!!!!

and you don't think that is what all offices are about? making money to keep the office doors open and pay the staff? crawl out from the rock.............

I agree the do treat their employees like slaves, i should know i used to work in the corp. office, and it is all about numbers, and volume. they don't care about the patient or employee.

View more comments (3)
Phoenix, Arizona

Shoddy work/fraudulent billing

Aspen Dental is guilty of shoddy work, poor service and fraudulent billing. I know from experience. I think they build extended problems onto existing ones and create additional dental problems for patients. My daughter is not a middle-aged nor an elderly person. She visits the dentist regularly. She doesn't have the strongest teeth, however, almost every single filling that had been done has had to be replaced or fell out within weeks or a few months of being placed. I have grave concerns over what they have done to my teenage daughter. In addition, their billing practices are fraudulent and their extortive behavior of using fear installation in patients to make them think they are ALL in dire dental health is not only questionable "ethicswise" but questionable on their expertise? and legally. I have proof from their own hand that they don't mind at all trying to rebill for "old charges" that are paid in full and clear. I have printouts from Aspen Dental in which they entered discount rates I was entitled to through careington 505, insurance payments from my one insurance at the time and personal payments that showed specific dates of service and procedures done including the codes for them. Then, a year later, they took specific charges and rebilled them to a second INSURANCE I acquired. Never mind, they had been paid what they were allowed under their contract with Careington and BC/BS. Not only is this illegal, it is fraudulent. In other cases, they only filed on my secondary insurance initially. Put the remaining amounts on "my responsibility payment" part. Later collecting payment from my primary insurance, NOT CREDITING THESE PAYMENTS TO MY ACCOUNT and then posting as my having a balance due not crediting BC/BS payments to my account. In other words, they probably owe me a little bit as I most likely overpaid them for services rendered in the end. It was not until the tailend of having had enough "shoddy and possibly malpractice work" done for my daughter that I realized what was going on. I also am under the impression they charged for a couple of fillings they never did. It amazes me the people who do the insurance billing work have the nerve to think No One Would catch this. And on top of it, knowing a majority of their dentists are not properly certified, let alone registered with alot of the insurances. Then, they go back and look at where they take big hits on discounts and I think they look for patients whose insurances have changed and try to bilk the insurance companies and if that doesn't work, take the denial of benfits letters and try to make the patients think these are charges that are simply not covered on the patients insurance, but that the patient is still responsible for, knowing that this is illegal. What disgusts me is all the advertising they do on how non-judgmental they are and how they care. That alone is false advertisement. Their prices if you have no insurance are ludacris and more than double what insurance companies allow, so those without insurance get screwed and are lured/forced into acquiring medium to high interest rate financial programs if they are to get treated for their dental problems. Usually, Aspen Dental requires you to pay at least half up front and if you get approved by unicorn or care, then they place all the fees on the "financing" on these accounts upfront meaning they collect the entire payment before work is done! This also is questionable at least ethically. Once, they collect the entire costs upfront, they don't care if the work done is satisfactory or appropriate. And, try getting refunded if your not satisfied or the work is shoddy. They can argue alot, but to try billing insurances that were not in effect at time of services rendered and those services already having been paid in full is fraud. Fraud. There is no way they are unaware of what they did. I have the printout from their own computer showing paid in full DOS and then they sent in claims a year and a half later to an insurance that was not in effect at the time. She has had 5 fillings replaced either by them or a new dentist that were in her mouth anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to less than 2 years. You tell me.....................am I wrong to be pissed? Going to file complaints with the ADA and Attorney Generals in Connecticut, Massachusetts. Offices in both these states in 3 locations are a part of this. However, I will never step in the doorway of Aspen Dental again. Unless I am with a lawyer.

I experienced so many of the same claims you made.

Just came back from Aspen Dental. I am so upset I just want to cry.

I have paid $2,000 plus what my insurance paid to treat gum disease. I went there today and they wanted $290 more dollars to continue the treatment. I still have to have a filling because the one I got 1 month ago fell out. I am done with them.

I called the corporate office but they didn't help at all. So now I have to pay for all this and then go get another dentist to fix my mouth. Oh, I don't want to forget about the crown.

It looks like my tooth is rotten on the top where he put the crown on. Thank goodness its in back so its not too noticable.

Some Aspens are better than others, but I highly recommend stating away from them just to avoid the bad ones. The office managers are not told or trained to cheat the patient in any way.

However, the manager and doctor are paid based on patient acceptance and amount of money for future work collected from the patient on the first visit. The doctor is also graded on the dollar amount of his treatment plan so the higher the treatment plan the better. I think all this leads to unethical or trumped up treatment.

I left Aspen when I realized I was afraid to be recognized in public as an Aspen employee. I also felt horrible for the time I spent there...

they seem mean and like a fraud i will not go there. i haven't yet but now i know i will never ever go there. :( glad i heard!

after hearing all of this i am not going there. :( :cry :eek ;)

I am still being billed for a filling for my daughter from back in August 2010 way above and beyond the 80% allowable that was already paid by my insurance. I am frustrated that the Aspen office where we receive services is not the billing office because it seems that the billing office may be on another planet.

Even after my EOB's have been faxed to them, they are still billing way above the amount I should be responsible for. Am considering going to another dentist although the office staff is nice here in Mechanicsburg PA.

#198571

I returned the $144.00 toothbrush they sold me and instead of refunding my money, they moved the money to charges that are on their paperwork as $0 patient responsibility. And i have that paperwork.

I asked them where the $144 went if they didn't bill it to me.

They told me a new breakdown with Aristin treatments- which originally showed no patient responsibilty after insurance NOW having charges that totalled the $144 they owed me. Bastards.

Aspen Dental must be stopped. A multi-state Class Action Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group.

If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email and phone number to the following email address:

Dr.Bleckstein@***.com

The more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry and the faster Aspen will fall.

All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action. There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

im in same boat and dont have a paddle.aspen dental in zanesville ohio& newark ohio. been to both still have screwed up teeth.& less money in my pocket.

To: Holly and Odenia

Your experience with Aspen Dental is well documented on these web pages by thousands of other people frauded by Aspen Dental. One thing you can do is to get all of your paperwork, both from your insurance company and Aspen Dental, organize it and file a complaint with your State Attorney General. And do not give up. Keep on their cases daily.

Another aspect to help in resolving all of these complaints is that Aspen Dental was started and is based in Syracuse NY. But they have branches in several states now which makes their deceitful actions not only a state infraction but a federal one as well. So after you have filed your complaint with your state AG file it with the FTC. And also, communicate your problems with your insurance provider. They will want to know that their PPO are not abiding by the negotiated contracts. It would not hurt to also let the NY Empire Zone orgainization know that they funded over $300,000 (free I might ad) to Aspen Dental so that they could continue to stay in business in NY and continue to fraud the consumer. The more light you shed on Aspen will be like shining a light on a vampire. Aspen is nothing more than a predator.

Holly, giving you a drug to alter your way of thinking is a very serious issue. Contact the American Medical Association and file a complant. Also, do not be afraid to contact your State Police and inform them of what happened. State by state they have laws reguarding the illegal use of medication.

View more comments (14)
Dayville, Connecticut
Aspen Dental Dental Filling

Took my smile away

Aspen Dental is the WORST company eva! I have been dealing with them for 7 months and I am walking around with a denture that rides up and down in my mouth. I ordered the "confident" denture and they offered me a mouthful of metal! I was appalled! They are making me the denture that I asked for, but in the meantime, I am ruining my gums by needing to wear something to assist the temporary denture they gave me the stay in my mouth. I am thinking about suing the company. Their work is horrid! Do not go there!!
Haverhill, Massachusetts

Their insurance quotes are 100.00's of dollars off!

Aspen Dental convinces you to have services performed showing you how much you will have to pay, and how much insurance will pay. They print out a form and act as if they are working with you. But they lie. Their figures are way off. After 3 years, they finally sent a bill saying, oh by the way the amount we thought you had to pay was wrong, you owe over 800.00 more. They lie and cheat and are dishonest. If you know more about Medford Oregon Aspen Dental, Doctor Workinger. Please contact me. Its-just-me-T@***.com
Eugene, Oregon

Dont CARE

Do not go to aspen dental they are a rip off they try to charge for work that the insurance company pays for i have been trying to get a billed cleared with them for the last year, so my advise is if you are in pain find another dentist, this is their office in stroudsburg pa, for get about manner they have none. I WAS TRANSFER FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER I EXPLAINED THAT MY HUSBAND WAS IN BAD PAIN THEY SUGESTED THAT I GO TO ANOTHER OFFICE BECAUSE THE DENTIST THST PULL TEETH WAS ON VACTION NO GD

i had full extractions 8/19/11. dentist took xrays after and said everything looked good.

3 wks ago i get sinus pain and dentist takes xray and sends me home, says she'll look at xray and call me, never heard from her. 2 days later i'm at doctor with sinus infection. end up going back to dentist 5 days later with sinus drainage from open tooth socket. dentist tells me to come in following day to consult with oral surgeon.

he tells me that half a tooth is still in my gums and i have to have him pull it out. why was this not seen by the dentist 2 xrays ago!

how can half a tooth be left in mouth and dentist not see it after taking 2 xrays? not even sure now if i really even needed dentures

Fishkill, New York
Loss

Apsen Dental Avoid at all costs.

My wife was in need of a dentist, so she decided to make an appointment with aspen dental. They told her she needed 5000 dollars in dental work and then had her quickly and under pressure sign up for a care credit card. They billed the whole 5000 without doing any work. She came home thinking that she needed all this dental work. I decided to explore other options. Walking in and getting their x-rays was a struggle, in fact, I got excuses as to why I could only get one the x-rays and not the rest of them. I took her to another dentist who said half the work they suggested was completely unnecessary. In fact, the x-rays I was given were deemed "useless" by the dentists as they cut off and didn't show the bottom of the tooth. Then getting my money back proved very difficult. Calling the aspen dental office I was told that she was being billed for the inital visit and after the insurance filed they would refund my money. A month later, no refund. I called them again, and they said "We were working on the issue this morning, it's been taken care of as of today" Guess what? Another month past and I still owed them 5000 dollars. A third calling, this time trying to get someone important, and I was told "The office has to refund the money, we can't do that in our billing department." She offered to call the office and get the process started, I demanded e-mail confirmation this issue had been taken care of. Another 3 days passed, no e-mail confirmation. Finally I called care credit to open a dispute, and skipped the Aspen Dental billing offices and called the local store after hours saying I would be in "in the morning" and wanted a refund. Suprisingly I got a prompt phone call the next morning as soon as they opened saying the matter was taken care of. I confirmed with care credit that the issue had been taken care of. I have had insurance and medical disputes before but nothing, I mean nothing, compared to this hassles. Not only did they suggest unnecessary surgeries and pressured my wife into charging her 5000 grand the day of her visit, but their x-rays were ***, and their billing department lied to my face more than once.

Aspen Dental is the worse dental office i have ever been to! I called the call center to make an apt because i have a problem with my front tooth.

I went there today and they took all these x-rays and said this is not a drive-thru dentist and i have to make another apt to get my tooth fixed! The staff is rude including the office manager stating that i need to pay in full before i even make an apt! Working in the dental field myself i said that i have never been treated this way and i can not believe you would treat new patients like this! They did nothing for me started to add on all these extra charges that i did not ask for like a cancer screening, fluoride, etc.

I walked out of the office in shocked and more then angry!

No one should go to there office all they want is money and could care less about the patients! :(

View more comments (1)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Aspen Dental

I went to aspen dental for thousands of dollars of work. I was told I would be recieving services come to find out these services were never provided but I DID pay for them. I have been left with bone spicules and fragments of tooth left behind. There are many problems I have been left with and Aspen is trying to rectify the situation with me by refering me to a dental rehabilitation specialist. BEWARE DO NOT GO HERE!!!!! The staff as well as corperate are not very pleasent to deal with and I would stay away from this place at all cost. I have temporary dentures that do not fit as well as bone spicules, and pieces of tooth left behind. It has been one month since the surgery and Im still fighting tooth and nail to get anywhere!!!!!

I also was very unsatisfied with Aspen Dental and would like to encourage as many people as possible not to go to any of Aspen Dental's practices! Please go somewhere else!!

Very satisfied with the service. Everyone was very helpful and polite, very happy with the results.

my Doc was Dr Chatha and Shannon at the front desk was also helpful. Everyone was very courteous.

View more comments (1)
Canton, Ohio
Product
Aspen Dental Dentures

Try to charge us copay when insurance pays all for a cleaning and they are rude

my family switched to here because our dentist retired they were rude the first time we went telling us our whole fam.had not been sceduled but only 3 of us and we should feel lucky because they don't see more than 2 people from the same fam.at a time( she yelled this) they charged a $40copay for the first visit for my girl my mom had taken her and didn't know our ins.paid 100%.my husband went to get his teeth cleaned they tried to charge $60 he walked out the door and we called our ins to find somewhere else.they also tried to get us to pay about $1000 copay for root scaling i had this done by periodontist a few months ago and paid only $160 out of pocket ins. covered the rest.
Akron, Ohio
Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning

Rip Off Artists not Dentists...

After spending the whole of last summer and fall trying to have partials made I finally got my very expensive final teeth which are breaking down now 10 months later. If that wasn't bad enough the fit was not correct and rubbed against one of my own teeth and caused it to break in half exposing the filling underneath. I called on Tuesday morning to make an appointment to fix my broken tooth that was causing me pain. I was told the earliest appointment was Thursday at 3:30. What could I do but wait. On Thursday I arrived and was told it was going to cost me $113 for x rays and an oral examination, all this before a dentist saw me. They were not going to fix the tooth that day. I explained that the tooth was the only one on that side and one x ray should not cost $113. I asked them why my appointment wasn't for fixing the tooth and I was told that the people at the desk were not dentists and this was the way they made appointments. I was not told that they would not fix my tooth that day. Which to me means they only care about having you come back and charging more money. Needless to say I was very angry and told them I was leaving and never coming back there again. I am usually a very calm person but this dental office has put me through a lot of pain and mental anguish over my teeth and I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Please find another dentist to go to, you will be sorry if you go here. I am going to find a 'REAL' dental practice from now on which is something I should have done last year. Oh by the way I saw a different dentist 4 times while having my partials made last summer. No one knows what the other one was doing and they kept making mistakes. Once they gave me a few shots of novocaine for a filling and after waiting for a long time they informed me I didn't need to have the tooth filled. So I spent half the afternoon in the chair for nothing....the place is just bad, bad, bad.

Don't go to these guys. They should have a shady used car dealership in their parking lot as well.

First off, they tried to sell me a $150 toothbrush that they called a Rotodent. Then I paid them over two hundred dollars, including my insurance payments, to fix four teeth and get a cleaning. The cleaning was started but never finished. The next thing I know they send me a bill for $40.

I asked them what the bill was for and they told me that the insurance didn't pay what they thought it would for certain "services". These people are rip-off artists and should be ran out of town.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

Worst experience I've ever had with a dentist. First of all, the oral surgeon I saw was rude.

Ihad three subsequent appointments cancelled and they never called me to inform me the appointments were cancelled, then proceeded to act like it was my fault. On top of that, my temporary partial broke twice (I had to use it for 6 months as they would not give me a permanent partial until I had waited 6 months). Then, when I went in to have the temporary partial repaired, the lab tech lied and said that it broke because I had glued it myself at home (which is a total lie!).

While getting my temporary partial right after my tooth extraction, my gums were raw because it didn't fit properly, but the dentist still pushed it down into my raw gums and got mad when I yelled out because it hurt so badly. DO NOT EVER GO TO ASPEN DENTAL!!!!!

try ontacting drmortelliti@***.com. he is a previous aspen dentist with 33 years of experience. his help has been unbelievable to my attorney

these people messed up me and twenty others i got a lawer who will help please get this out criags list NH under (general community)bogus dental work aspen dental nh lawer forum if we all get together at the same time we can close this place down maybe get satisfaction

pease out m let

Aspen Dental SUCKS....

From bad customer service, to bad dentist who fixes the wrong tooth, doesn't tell you need to go see another dentist, to fix the one with the problem, do not return phone calls, this place is completely out of control and seems like knowone form the main office even cares & I cannot even get copies of my xrays.... :( :( :( :sigh

After a newly invented dental appliance was aired on NBC news stations in 2004, it became an instant hit. Soon after, a few dentists determined to cash in on its popularity presented a plastic appliance, claimed it that it was the same thing and conned the media to lure unsuspecting patients to fall for their sham appliance.

Many patients who wasted their hard earned money on the appliances they called Snap on Teeth were extremely disappointed and the ones who were lucky enough to get $500 back were required to sign an agreement that no action would be taken against the providing dentist. As one patient who was victimized by one of the participating dentist put it, “How can dentists be allowed to sell them?”

Cybercorrespondent

View more comments (6)
Syracuse, New York
Aspen Dental Dental Filling

Did not find my SMILE

Aspen Dental, Tarentum, PA is the worst place to go! The manager Kim Sullivan is very rude & plain dumb! I paid these people $2500.00 to "FIND MY SMILE" well let me tell you!! they FIND YOUR POCKETS, TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE YOU HANGING!! After a year of going back and forth, I have no upper dentures and can't get them to either remake or fix their TOP OF THE LINE DENTURE!!!---REFUND-DON'T even try, Ms Kim does not know how much to refund, she has to call corporate! What? bad bad place. go any where but here...You will be sorry if you deal with this location.....
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Did not find my SMILE

Hopefully this will help someone before they fall victim

@Ted B Mqu

I am very unhappy with Aspen Dental, I was charged a ungodly price, And the work was not done. I have had to go else where to get it done.

The crowns that they put on the teeth broke off with in a day of being put on and the parshells they were to make they never did but still charged me for them.

Now Comenity-DentalFist Financing is wanting me to pay 5,844.57 dollars and they say they have already paided they . That they are saying they can not get it back from Aspen Dental.I don't think I should have to pay for something I didn't get.

I've cancelled 3 appts already because I keep hearing conflicting opinions about Aspen Dental. Did anyone have a good experience at the Aspen Dental in Woburn, Ma.?

#120386

After posting my previous comment, I tried calling the main office of aspen Dental (since they didn't respond to my e-mail). Guess what?

The phone # listed on their wesite for complaints is invalid. The other main number connected me back to the NO. Dartmouth office.

So how do you file a complaint? I guess I'll have to contact the Attorney General's office.

Now I'm not onlt frustrated. I'm really angy.

How can a company get away with this kind of stuff? :( :sigh :(

#120378

I have twice contacted the main office of Aspen Dental regarding this problem and I still haven't "found my smile".

At this point I'm more than a little frustrated.

This situation has gone on for almost 6 months and it's at the point of being ridiculous.

I first went to the No. Dartmouth, MA office in Sept. 2009. Let me begin by saying that I have had dentures for many, many years. This is my 3rd upper denture and never have I had a problem like this one.

Dr. Becker had dentures made for me that never fit properly. Initially I couldn't even chew with them. He filed them down, relined them and tried to make them fit to no avail.

I have been back to that office so many times that I'm beginning to feel like I work there.

I had to return again for the same problem only to find out that Dr. Becker was no longer there. At that time there was another dentist who told me that when I put my dentures in I should swallow a few times and that would create suction so they wouldn't slip. I never heard anything so ridiculous in all of my life. That's when I contacted the main office.

I was then told that they were going to do a hard reline and that I should go in to be fitted for a temporary denture to wear during that process.

This time there was another dentist there who said no, that wouldn't work. He said that I should have a new denture made that fit. Hooray, I thought the problem would be resolved.

Impressions were taken again and I was to go back for the 2nd impression.

When I returned there was yet another dentist. She said no to the impressions and told me that I had excess tissue in my mouth and that I would need to see the oral surgeon to have it removed before she would make a new impression.

OK. now I go back to have the oral surgeon, Dr. David Lee look at my mouth. He said that he didn't want to do it there because it would be "too bloody". I should have laser surgery and he referred me out to another oral surgeon in the area.

My concern was if this procedure would be covered by my insurance. I called the oral surgeons office to make an appointment and to find out if it was covered only to be told that they don't do laser surgery.

I called Aspen Dental back to tell them that the oral surgeon didn't do laser surgery. I was told that it would be checked on and they would get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back.

I again sent an e-mail to the main office. To date I still haven't received any response from them.

I'm tired of getting a run around. I'm still paying for teeth that are worthless. I can't afford the oral surgery that they are claiming that I need, which probably isn't even so. If I had been told at the onset about this supposed surgery that would be needed prior to making dentures I'm sure the outcome would have been quite different. I would have know what I was dealing with and may have even gone for a 2nd opinion from a reputable dentist office.

I'm sorry that I ever heard of Aspen Dental. I wish that I had gone to a reputable dentist but it's too late now.

I want this situation corrected and I don't want to have to wear these ill fitting, uncomfortable, embarrassing dentures for another 6 months. Where do I go from here?

I can't afford to hire and attorney. I guess like the rest of you I'm stuck with these horrible ill fitting dentures. :(

who was your dentist?

That's terrible that you had a bad experience there. I had a wonderful experience and can't stop bragging about the place.

Hey guys, I'm still w/o dentures. I can't believe this.

I finally sent the top of the line ones back. I was given credit for them. NOW ALL I HAVE ARE THE IMMEDIATES, ha at $549.00. They are worth about a penny.

I am in bad shape, no money, *** looking teeth, and even after the refund, Care Credit is trying to get more $$$'s out of me. Geez, I need teeth. They got all their money, but still want more, hmm. I feel for you, they gave me a figure of $6000.

something or another if I was to get all the work done. Glad I didn't.

Hope it turns out better for you than me. Still hunting for that smile.......

My wife was in need of a dentist, so she decided to make an appointment with aspen dental. They told her she needed 5000 dollars in dental work and then had her quickly and under pressure sign up for a care credit card and billed the whole 5000 without doing any work.

She told me, and I decided to explore other options. Walking in and getting their x-rays was a struggle, in fact, I got excuses as to why I could only get one the x-rays and not the rest of them. I took her to another dentist who said half the work they suggested was completely unnecessary. In fact, the x-rays I was given were deemed "useless" by the dentists as they cut off and didn't show the bottom of the tooth.

I confirmed with care credit that the issue had been taken care of.

I have had insurance and medical disputes before but nothing, I mean nothing compared to this hassles. Not only did they suggest unnecessary surgeries and pressured my wife into charging her 5000 grand the day of her visit, but their x-rays were ***, and their billing department lied to my face more than once.

View more comments (9)