Aspen Dental Reviews

Show reviews that mention
dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth
Filter review

Their insurance quotes are 100.00's of dollars off!

Aspen Dental convinces you to have services performed showing you how much you will have to pay, and how much insurance will pay. They print out a form and act as if they are working with you. But they lie. Their figures are way off. After 3 years, they finally sent a bill saying, oh by the way the amount we thought you had to pay was wrong, you owe over 800.00 more. They lie and cheat and are dishonest. If you know more about Medford Oregon Aspen Dental, Doctor Workinger. Please contact me. Its-just-me-T@***.com
Eugene, Oregon

Dont CARE

Do not go to aspen dental they are a rip off they try to charge for work that the insurance company pays for i have been trying to get a billed cleared with them for the last year, so my advise is if you are in pain find another dentist, this is their office in stroudsburg pa, for get about manner they have none. I WAS TRANSFER FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER I EXPLAINED THAT MY HUSBAND WAS IN BAD PAIN THEY SUGESTED THAT I GO TO ANOTHER OFFICE BECAUSE THE DENTIST THST PULL TEETH WAS ON VACTION NO GD

i had full extractions 8/19/11. dentist took xrays after and said everything looked good.

3 wks ago i get sinus pain and dentist takes xray and sends me home, says she'll look at xray and call me, never heard from her. 2 days later i'm at doctor with sinus infection. end up going back to dentist 5 days later with sinus drainage from open tooth socket. dentist tells me to come in following day to consult with oral surgeon.

he tells me that half a tooth is still in my gums and i have to have him pull it out. why was this not seen by the dentist 2 xrays ago!

how can half a tooth be left in mouth and dentist not see it after taking 2 xrays? not even sure now if i really even needed dentures

Fishkill, New York
Loss

Apsen Dental Avoid at all costs.

My wife was in need of a dentist, so she decided to make an appointment with aspen dental. They told her she needed 5000 dollars in dental work and then had her quickly and under pressure sign up for a care credit card. They billed the whole 5000 without doing any work. She came home thinking that she needed all this dental work. I decided to explore other options. Walking in and getting their x-rays was a struggle, in fact, I got excuses as to why I could only get one the x-rays and not the rest of them. I took her to another dentist who said half the work they suggested was completely unnecessary. In fact, the x-rays I was given were deemed "useless" by the dentists as they cut off and didn't show the bottom of the tooth. Then getting my money back proved very difficult. Calling the aspen dental office I was told that she was being billed for the inital visit and after the insurance filed they would refund my money. A month later, no refund. I called them again, and they said "We were working on the issue this morning, it's been taken care of as of today" Guess what? Another month past and I still owed them 5000 dollars. A third calling, this time trying to get someone important, and I was told "The office has to refund the money, we can't do that in our billing department." She offered to call the office and get the process started, I demanded e-mail confirmation this issue had been taken care of. Another 3 days passed, no e-mail confirmation. Finally I called care credit to open a dispute, and skipped the Aspen Dental billing offices and called the local store after hours saying I would be in "in the morning" and wanted a refund. Suprisingly I got a prompt phone call the next morning as soon as they opened saying the matter was taken care of. I confirmed with care credit that the issue had been taken care of. I have had insurance and medical disputes before but nothing, I mean nothing, compared to this hassles. Not only did they suggest unnecessary surgeries and pressured my wife into charging her 5000 grand the day of her visit, but their x-rays were ***, and their billing department lied to my face more than once.

Aspen Dental is the worse dental office i have ever been to! I called the call center to make an apt because i have a problem with my front tooth.

I went there today and they took all these x-rays and said this is not a drive-thru dentist and i have to make another apt to get my tooth fixed! The staff is rude including the office manager stating that i need to pay in full before i even make an apt! Working in the dental field myself i said that i have never been treated this way and i can not believe you would treat new patients like this! They did nothing for me started to add on all these extra charges that i did not ask for like a cancer screening, fluoride, etc.

I walked out of the office in shocked and more then angry!

No one should go to there office all they want is money and could care less about the patients! :(

Aspen Dental must be stopped. A multi-state Class Action Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group.

If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email and phone number to the following email address:

Dr.Bleckstein@***.com

The more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry and the faster Aspen will fall.

All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action. There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard.

Thanks,

View more comments (1)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Aspen Dental

I went to aspen dental for thousands of dollars of work. I was told I would be recieving services come to find out these services were never provided but I DID pay for them. I have been left with bone spicules and fragments of tooth left behind. There are many problems I have been left with and Aspen is trying to rectify the situation with me by refering me to a dental rehabilitation specialist. BEWARE DO NOT GO HERE!!!!! The staff as well as corperate are not very pleasent to deal with and I would stay away from this place at all cost. I have temporary dentures that do not fit as well as bone spicules, and pieces of tooth left behind. It has been one month since the surgery and Im still fighting tooth and nail to get anywhere!!!!!

I also was very unsatisfied with Aspen Dental and would like to encourage as many people as possible not to go to any of Aspen Dental's practices! Please go somewhere else!!

Very satisfied with the service. Everyone was very helpful and polite, very happy with the results.

my Doc was Dr Chatha and Shannon at the front desk was also helpful. Everyone was very courteous.

View more comments (1)
Canton, Ohio
Product
Aspen Dental Dentures

Try to charge us copay when insurance pays all for a cleaning and they are rude

my family switched to here because our dentist retired they were rude the first time we went telling us our whole fam.had not been sceduled but only 3 of us and we should feel lucky because they don't see more than 2 people from the same fam.at a time( she yelled this) they charged a $40copay for the first visit for my girl my mom had taken her and didn't know our ins.paid 100%.my husband went to get his teeth cleaned they tried to charge $60 he walked out the door and we called our ins to find somewhere else.they also tried to get us to pay about $1000 copay for root scaling i had this done by periodontist a few months ago and paid only $160 out of pocket ins. covered the rest.
Akron, Ohio
Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning

Rip Off Artists not Dentists...

After spending the whole of last summer and fall trying to have partials made I finally got my very expensive final teeth which are breaking down now 10 months later. If that wasn't bad enough the fit was not correct and rubbed against one of my own teeth and caused it to break in half exposing the filling underneath. I called on Tuesday morning to make an appointment to fix my broken tooth that was causing me pain. I was told the earliest appointment was Thursday at 3:30. What could I do but wait. On Thursday I arrived and was told it was going to cost me $113 for x rays and an oral examination, all this before a dentist saw me. They were not going to fix the tooth that day. I explained that the tooth was the only one on that side and one x ray should not cost $113. I asked them why my appointment wasn't for fixing the tooth and I was told that the people at the desk were not dentists and this was the way they made appointments. I was not told that they would not fix my tooth that day. Which to me means they only care about having you come back and charging more money. Needless to say I was very angry and told them I was leaving and never coming back there again. I am usually a very calm person but this dental office has put me through a lot of pain and mental anguish over my teeth and I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Please find another dentist to go to, you will be sorry if you go here. I am going to find a 'REAL' dental practice from now on which is something I should have done last year. Oh by the way I saw a different dentist 4 times while having my partials made last summer. No one knows what the other one was doing and they kept making mistakes. Once they gave me a few shots of novocaine for a filling and after waiting for a long time they informed me I didn't need to have the tooth filled. So I spent half the afternoon in the chair for nothing....the place is just bad, bad, bad.

Don't go to these guys. They should have a shady used car dealership in their parking lot as well.

First off, they tried to sell me a $150 toothbrush that they called a Rotodent. Then I paid them over two hundred dollars, including my insurance payments, to fix four teeth and get a cleaning. The cleaning was started but never finished. The next thing I know they send me a bill for $40.

I asked them what the bill was for and they told me that the insurance didn't pay what they thought it would for certain "services". These people are rip-off artists and should be ran out of town.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

Worst experience I've ever had with a dentist. First of all, the oral surgeon I saw was rude.

Ihad three subsequent appointments cancelled and they never called me to inform me the appointments were cancelled, then proceeded to act like it was my fault. On top of that, my temporary partial broke twice (I had to use it for 6 months as they would not give me a permanent partial until I had waited 6 months). Then, when I went in to have the temporary partial repaired, the lab tech lied and said that it broke because I had glued it myself at home (which is a total lie!).

While getting my temporary partial right after my tooth extraction, my gums were raw because it didn't fit properly, but the dentist still pushed it down into my raw gums and got mad when I yelled out because it hurt so badly. DO NOT EVER GO TO ASPEN DENTAL!!!!!

try ontacting drmortelliti@***.com. he is a previous aspen dentist with 33 years of experience. his help has been unbelievable to my attorney

these people messed up me and twenty others i got a lawer who will help please get this out criags list NH under (general community)bogus dental work aspen dental nh lawer forum if we all get together at the same time we can close this place down maybe get satisfaction

pease out m let

Aspen Dental SUCKS....

From bad customer service, to bad dentist who fixes the wrong tooth, doesn't tell you need to go see another dentist, to fix the one with the problem, do not return phone calls, this place is completely out of control and seems like knowone form the main office even cares & I cannot even get copies of my xrays.... :( :( :( :sigh

After a newly invented dental appliance was aired on NBC news stations in 2004, it became an instant hit. Soon after, a few dentists determined to cash in on its popularity presented a plastic appliance, claimed it that it was the same thing and conned the media to lure unsuspecting patients to fall for their sham appliance.

Many patients who wasted their hard earned money on the appliances they called Snap on Teeth were extremely disappointed and the ones who were lucky enough to get $500 back were required to sign an agreement that no action would be taken against the providing dentist. As one patient who was victimized by one of the participating dentist put it, “How can dentists be allowed to sell them?”

Cybercorrespondent

View more comments (6)
Syracuse, New York
Aspen Dental Dental Filling

Did not find my SMILE

Aspen Dental, Tarentum, PA is the worst place to go! The manager Kim Sullivan is very rude & plain dumb! I paid these people $2500.00 to "FIND MY SMILE" well let me tell you!! they FIND YOUR POCKETS, TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE YOU HANGING!! After a year of going back and forth, I have no upper dentures and can't get them to either remake or fix their TOP OF THE LINE DENTURE!!!---REFUND-DON'T even try, Ms Kim does not know how much to refund, she has to call corporate! What? bad bad place. go any where but here...You will be sorry if you deal with this location.....
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Did not find my SMILE

Hopefully this will help someone before they fall victim

Thanks,

@Ted B

I am very unhappy with Aspen Dental, I was charged a ungodly price, And the work was not done. I have had to go else where to get it done.

The crowns that they put on the teeth broke off with in a day of being put on and the parshells they were to make they never did but still charged me for them.

Now Comenity-DentalFist Financing is wanting me to pay 5,844.57 dollars and they say they have already paided they . That they are saying they can not get it back from Aspen Dental.I don't think I should have to pay for something I didn't get.

I've cancelled 3 appts already because I keep hearing conflicting opinions about Aspen Dental. Did anyone have a good experience at the Aspen Dental in Woburn, Ma.?

#120386

After posting my previous comment, I tried calling the main office of aspen Dental (since they didn't respond to my e-mail). Guess what?

The phone # listed on their wesite for complaints is invalid. The other main number connected me back to the NO. Dartmouth office.

So how do you file a complaint? I guess I'll have to contact the Attorney General's office.

Now I'm not onlt frustrated. I'm really angy.

How can a company get away with this kind of stuff? :( :sigh :(

#120378

I have twice contacted the main office of Aspen Dental regarding this problem and I still haven't "found my smile".

At this point I'm more than a little frustrated.

This situation has gone on for almost 6 months and it's at the point of being ridiculous.

I first went to the No. Dartmouth, MA office in Sept. 2009. Let me begin by saying that I have had dentures for many, many years. This is my 3rd upper denture and never have I had a problem like this one.

Dr. Becker had dentures made for me that never fit properly. Initially I couldn't even chew with them. He filed them down, relined them and tried to make them fit to no avail.

I have been back to that office so many times that I'm beginning to feel like I work there.

I had to return again for the same problem only to find out that Dr. Becker was no longer there. At that time there was another dentist who told me that when I put my dentures in I should swallow a few times and that would create suction so they wouldn't slip. I never heard anything so ridiculous in all of my life. That's when I contacted the main office.

I was then told that they were going to do a hard reline and that I should go in to be fitted for a temporary denture to wear during that process.

This time there was another dentist there who said no, that wouldn't work. He said that I should have a new denture made that fit. Hooray, I thought the problem would be resolved.

Impressions were taken again and I was to go back for the 2nd impression.

When I returned there was yet another dentist. She said no to the impressions and told me that I had excess tissue in my mouth and that I would need to see the oral surgeon to have it removed before she would make a new impression.

OK. now I go back to have the oral surgeon, Dr. David Lee look at my mouth. He said that he didn't want to do it there because it would be "too bloody". I should have laser surgery and he referred me out to another oral surgeon in the area.

My concern was if this procedure would be covered by my insurance. I called the oral surgeons office to make an appointment and to find out if it was covered only to be told that they don't do laser surgery.

I called Aspen Dental back to tell them that the oral surgeon didn't do laser surgery. I was told that it would be checked on and they would get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back.

I again sent an e-mail to the main office. To date I still haven't received any response from them.

I'm tired of getting a run around. I'm still paying for teeth that are worthless. I can't afford the oral surgery that they are claiming that I need, which probably isn't even so. If I had been told at the onset about this supposed surgery that would be needed prior to making dentures I'm sure the outcome would have been quite different. I would have know what I was dealing with and may have even gone for a 2nd opinion from a reputable dentist office.

I'm sorry that I ever heard of Aspen Dental. I wish that I had gone to a reputable dentist but it's too late now.

I want this situation corrected and I don't want to have to wear these ill fitting, uncomfortable, embarrassing dentures for another 6 months. Where do I go from here?

I can't afford to hire and attorney. I guess like the rest of you I'm stuck with these horrible ill fitting dentures. :(

who was your dentist?

That's terrible that you had a bad experience there. I had a wonderful experience and can't stop bragging about the place.

Hey guys, I'm still w/o dentures. I can't believe this.

I finally sent the top of the line ones back. I was given credit for them. NOW ALL I HAVE ARE THE IMMEDIATES, ha at $549.00. They are worth about a penny.

I am in bad shape, no money, *** looking teeth, and even after the refund, Care Credit is trying to get more $$$'s out of me. Geez, I need teeth. They got all their money, but still want more, hmm. I feel for you, they gave me a figure of $6000.

something or another if I was to get all the work done. Glad I didn't.

Hope it turns out better for you than me. Still hunting for that smile.......

My wife was in need of a dentist, so she decided to make an appointment with aspen dental. They told her she needed 5000 dollars in dental work and then had her quickly and under pressure sign up for a care credit card and billed the whole 5000 without doing any work.

She told me, and I decided to explore other options. Walking in and getting their x-rays was a struggle, in fact, I got excuses as to why I could only get one the x-rays and not the rest of them. I took her to another dentist who said half the work they suggested was completely unnecessary. In fact, the x-rays I was given were deemed "useless" by the dentists as they cut off and didn't show the bottom of the tooth.

I confirmed with care credit that the issue had been taken care of.

I have had insurance and medical disputes before but nothing, I mean nothing compared to this hassles. Not only did they suggest unnecessary surgeries and pressured my wife into charging her 5000 grand the day of her visit, but their x-rays were ***, and their billing department lied to my face more than once.

View more comments (9)