Aspen Dental Reviews

Show reviews that mention
dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth
Filter review

Over priced & poor work & still paying for it

i went to get my front teeth checked to see if i could get them fixed because they were chipped in middle and ended up getting 5 teeth pulled 2 filled and 2 temp partials that did not fit from the start told to keep coming back for adjustments. but how many times can you bend a piece of wire? i cant eat or talk right with them in besides them making my other teeth and mouth hurt. tired of dealing with this so called dentist office. i would not reccomend nobody to go to aspen dental in zanesvile ohio.ive paid close to $3000 for 4 teeth to be pulled and 2 partials that i cant wear.

allie at aspen dental did contact your patient services. big fat zero from them.so what next? :( :( :( :( im tired of the run around.

allie is always really sorry for our problem with aspen dental. always tells everybody to contact paient services.who then contacts theaspen office u visited & says u just need a adjustment.what i need is my *** money back & this care credit card *** taken care of & ill never go to any of there aspen dental offices again.

J taylor,I'm very sorry to hear about your experience at the Zanesville office. Would you be willing to talk in greater detail to the Patient Satisfaction group to see whether they can help?

They're trained to help resolve these types of issues.

They can be reached at 1-86*-***-**** or patientservices@***.com. -Allie

First file a complaint with your states Deptartment of Professional Standards, then contact your states consumer fraud department. THEN sue!!!!!!

View more comments (3)

Dr Nadia Chowhan Iqbal is a dental *** to Aspen

From the moment you walk through the door, the *** is on. First they give you paperwork to sign that you have been warned about the possible outcome of procedures your aren't even having done!! Since you haven't spoke to anyone yet, how have you been warned??? They just want in writing that you gave consent for doctor CHOWHAN IQBAL to kill, mame or disfigure in any way her extensive incompetance will allow. It is a given she will screw up and you will be yet another one of her victims. I was there maybe two hours, being told first that I needed a $400 cleaning and then a lot very expensive cosmetic work. Which I find out from visiting here that the cosmetic work she planned on charging me $9000!!! for was going to come from outside the US and cost her about $400 dollars. Quite the mark up for work the COMPETENT dentist down the street told me I didn't even need. Plus there was the SALES PITCH which goes on for ever with the price constantly changingI had my teeth whitened by someone else and they are better than ever. After reading here what this cow has done to her other patients I count myself lucky that I wasn't just another victim of the NADIA CHOWHAN IQBAL CURSE. I even met one of her vics and got to see up close and personal the damage this thing did to a patient. Then there was the article in the News paper about her sending her victims emails pretending that she was a patient!!! This dentist SOLD HERSELF like a two bit street tramp and she belong back in the gutter tending to the teeth of lesser beings like herself.
#200471

made the error of going to this office. but walked away without doing the $3000 worth of work.

they thought they had me because i was in PAIN.

My dentist got back from vacation a week later, all I needed was ONE FILLING. This *** is hurting people when the economy is down she is terrorizing them with thoughts of additional pait to rip them off!!

i saw a recent video with an interview on utube this doctor really messed up a patients life with a lot of unnec. cosmetic work that she was too incompetent to do correctly. she should be tarred and feathered and sent back where ever she came.

THIS WHO-E TO ASPEN IS WORST THAN A STREET *** SHE IS A PARASITE WITH A DEADLY STD AIMING TO ROB YOU AND LEAVE YOU WITH NOTHING BUT PAIN. BEWARE THIS IS THE LAST PLACE YOU WANT TO GO FOR DENTAL WORK UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING TORTURED

nadia chowhan iqbal was like this long b4 she got to aspen. we ran her out of ann arbor for malpractice.

THIS DENTIST IS JUST LIKE THE OTHER ASPEN DENTISTS THEY ARE ALL WHO-RES TO THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR. DON'T GIVE A *** ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS JUST WANT TO TAKE YOU FOR EVERY PENNY LEAVING YOU IN PAIN. PEOPLE NEED TO GET THIS TRASH OUT OF THEIR TOWNS

I use to work with this woman she will do Anything for a buck whether it is drilling teeth that are healthy or anything else you want as long as ya got the green. She was under investigation for selling RX's in Michigan someone should write about that

Ditto. Know this doc from Michigan got RUN out of the state for being a TERRORIST

why is this doctor still allowed to even practice denistry? I read at another site where she was caught pretending to be a patient and writing emails to patients who had complained. *** :eek

this type doctor is a disgrace to the profession. she is nothing but a *** artist piece of garbage posing as a physician. she should go back to her own country where this type behavior is the norm

This isn't a dentist its a *** with a drill.

View more comments (12)
Loss

Office manager at aspen dental was very rude.

I was at the Aspen Dental office in Bristol CT and the office manager was very rude, she didn't seem to care what my problems were and was more interested in trying to get me buy products that I do not need, like an electric toothbrush and medicated perscription mouthwash. They tried to get tell me that I needed all this work done that I don't need. I went back today to get my records so that I can go elsewhere, she gave me the paperwork I needed and told me to come back later and she would have it ready for me. When I went back she hadn't even gotten my chart and x-rays ready and acted like she had no clue what I wanted or why I was there. I was not satisfied at all with the way I was treated!

:cry :cry slap th ***&stop whining

So basically you just went to Aspen Dental to read their *** magazines? Seriously if you cannot afford dental work don't go to the dentist. They are trained professionals and know what they are doing, just be honest and say, "I cannot afford this right now." They have other patients, the world does not revolve around you.

Newton, Massachusetts
Aspen Dental Dental Services

Took my money left me suffer and did nothing

went to aspen had atooth ache bad. i figured theyd pull it no instead said all my teeth had to come out gave me a pain pill some antibotics made an appt for 10 days to take out teeth at a cost of 5000 dollars charged to credit card never preformed a service except office visit im still in horrible pain now the jaw bone is infected i guess as long as they get there money my pain is unimportant i now have to see another dentist and fight to get money back since i signed a contract stay away from aspen dental.

Aspen Dental must be stopped. A multi-state Class Action Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group.If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email and phone number to the following email address:Dr.Bleckstein@***.comThe more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry and the faster Aspen will fall.All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action.

There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard. Thanks,Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Loss

My NightMare AT ASPEN DENTAL PORTSMOUTH N.H.

I went to Aspen Dental in Portsmouth N.H. I've paid over $5,000 to have just an upper denture and a back up set. they messed up my back up set. Then told me they would Hard re-line my Temperary denture and I could use that. Well I just had it done asked them several times before they did it if the front of the teeth would be affected the assured me they were just filling the inside. I went back to pick them up and they Ruined my teeth they covered the teeth with artificial gum on one front tooth and the tooth next to it way too much making the teeth look absurd. Then while I was crying telling them that they had made the mistake the kept telling me it was in my head and nothing was wrong and at first was refusing to fix it!Until I brought a friend from the car that also told them that's not how my teeth were. I never had anyone speak to me like that. I thought Aspen was supposed to be a place where you go to find your smile. I couldn't stop crying and they all stuck together calling me the one who was lieing. Wow I'm still tramatized while I type this it just happened not only that but the hard re-line they did was WRONG I couldn't even keep the denture in my mouth while I talked it kept falling out....They didn't get the Re-line right and messed up the cosmetic look to boot! I asked to speak to a manager and the man who did it said he was the owner the same one who was making me cry. NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL AT ALL! I'M DISCOURAGED! I told them I prayed the whole day that it would come out allright and they even continued to mock me about my religion by saying We'll pray "we'll pray it come out right this time" I thought we really was gonna pray we were all standing there together but they were just mocking me. NOT NICE PEOPLE AT ALL! Just like the people said above it is true they take their job like a joke obviously and cause they already got paid for my services they don't care how quick or half fast they do my teeth or anyones for that matter. Dr. Park was the man that did mine & made me cry along with his hygentist and helper in the dental lab. You can reach me at kdeyo@***.com

Dr.Bleckstein@***.com

All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action. There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard.

Milford, Massachusetts
Aspen Dental Dental Services

Misdiagnosed and charged for services not needed or provided

I went to aspen dental in NH for a cleaning and checkup. It was the only place in town that took my insurance. After several visits and a couple of fillings (that have needed to be replaced since due to decay beneath) and correction of one of the fillings that was too high and giving me migraines, they determined that I had advanced gum disease because after seeing them for a year they never did a cleaning. Now they wanted to do a deep cleaning that was going to cost several thousand dollars, the first stage of which was approximately $1800. The hygienist actually apologized saying it was their fault for not giving me a cleaning earlier. After being coerced to apply for a care credit card they charged me for treatments that had not been done. When I asked them to removed them they refused. I was then informed that I needed to pay for the several visits of treatment before they were scheduled,and was advised "that's how we do it". These treatments have never been done and I have since moved back to NY and have never been able to get them removed.

Thanks,

ID
#182014 Review #182014 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Albany, New York

Aspen Dental Sales People not Healthcare Providers

I went to Aspen Dental a few years ago to get a cavity filled. After one year of visits they never filled my cavity. There was always another procedure that they needed to do before fixing my only complaint. The final straw came when I scheduled to have my cavity filled and was told that I needed a root canal! Being pissed I complained to the dentist and he then proceeded to rip up my dental record. I left Aspen to be seen by another dentist when I was told that I did not need a root canal! After 3 years I still never had the root canal and my teeth are healthier now that I am no longer going to Aspen. Beware! These are sales people not to be confused with healthcare providers.

it would be great to include where you live or what office you visited when you write a complaint.

EXACTLY!! These are dentist who cheated their way through school and couldn't work for a REAL DENTIST OFFICE.

Now they are conning their way into people's savings!! The dentist in Bourbonnais has been kicked out of two REAL dentist practices so of course when you are a back-alley dentist with no skills, who will hire you - ASPEN DENTAL that's who.

ID
#181910 Review #181910 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Buffalo, New York

Ripped off

I went to Aspen Dental for an emergency treatment (bridge reattachment)and the dental tech immediately dragged me into the x-ray room even though I kept insisting I did not want x-rays taken. She kept saying - "go ahead, they're free". After the procedure I was was told by the sleazy Office Manager that my insurance would not pay for the service, so I had to pay up front. I agreed, because I really had no choice. Then they tried to bill me for the x-rays as well. Imagine my surprise when I got my insurance benefits statement and found they had submitted the claim, and been paid by my insurance company, but were still billing me at the higher non-provider rate. Called to complain, was told they'd call me right back, still waiting. Next call is BBB.

Thanks,

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

I’m very sorry to hear about your frustrations. Every Aspen Dental practice strives to make the billing and insurance process as smooth as possible and apologize if that hasn’t been your experience.

This team of specialists is based at the Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-86*-***-**** or patientservices@***.com.

Reston, Virginia
Aspen Dental Dental Services

Aspen Dental had my records incorrect

Went to Aspen Dental this morning. I have 2 infected teeth. They refused me antibiotics or pain meds unless I had the teeth pulled today and paid 480.00. This was an emergency visit, I didn't have the money. I found out that my records said I was there 2 years ago for the same problem with the same teeth.Those teeth have already been removed. She told me if she gave me meds I wouldn't come back. Maybe if I would of shown up last week she would of given them to me. Makes no sense. I'm in a lot of pain trying to find a reputable dentist. Have never been treated so horribly by a professional. The office staff was wonderful, they even went back to talk to her when they found out I didn't have any prescriptions.
Rochester, New York

Aspen Dental Bourbonnais, IL

The worst example of dental ripoff on the planet. The doctor, and I use that term inplace of head-ripoff artist, seemed nice but then everyone in the office seemed nice. Then again don't those people who advertise on the internet and call your home with a get rich quick scheme, or the one's who have invented a pill that makes you lose weight in your sleep, or the doctor who can come to your home and for your liposuction all SEEM nice. Complete *** from the get-go. The "doctor" Chowhan is the "front person", then she disappears when you speak to the office manager the "money man" when the two get done with you your head is spinning. First you go in for a minor issue and you are told you have periodontal issues (issues your last vistit to a dentist - and your visit the next day to a new dentist after ASPEN can't find) and IMMEDIATELY need a $400 cleaning!! If not, apparently your teeth will all fall out. Then when they have the hook pretty far into your mouth, they begin to reel you in. You also need another $8000 worth of work to give your the smile you DESERVE. BUT here's the bonus they are offering a discount of 10% but it is only good for another three days!! PLUS they can get you financed IMMEDIATELY! Total complete RIPOFF. The doc and her band of pickpocket experts are swindlers. Turned out I did not have periodontal issues and needed ONE filling. I feel bad for the suckers who fall for this. People are struggling this company is taking advantage of us. They should not be allowed into our town. We need to stamp out the disease one office at a time. BOYCOTT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#200490

get out of town Aspen Dental and take your who-e Chowhan with you

Heard nothing but bad things about the Dr Nadia Chowhan Iqbal time for her to go home and work on her fellow bomb toting a-rabbits

ditto

View more comments (2)
Springfield, Illinois
Loss

Waiting two months for extraction and replacement of abcess tooth.

Went to Aspen Dental in Danbury, CT. With an abcess tooth. Told to get it pulled and replace with partial. Tooth is in front next to eye tooth. Very visable. Was given antbiotic and given appointment for 1 month later at 2:30 P:M: only appointment they had. I told them I could not make it at that time because I lived a half an hour away and my daughter's school bus drops her off between 2:30 and 3:00, They said to keep the appointment and hope for an earlier cancelation. Well the time comes and I had to cancel the appointment. In the meantime I went in to have mold done for partial. My husband has tried to pick it up twice but has failed????? I reshceduled for tommorow in a different office and hope the partial is there when I get there. Will report back then.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction

Aspen Dental rip off

Aspen Dental has such flashy ads- "let us help you get your smile back". I went in due to 2 broken teeth (fillings from the Military 1970 style). Enough x-rays to cause cancer in lab rats later, I was told that I needed two crowns, one extraction and one filling. Total bill? 10,433.00!!!!!!!!!!! When I told the "Office Manager" or closer that he obviously had taken *** pills that day it dropped to $2,608.00 after insurance. This is in my opinion a rip off operation pure and simple-no better than a home improvement company who will tell you you have to sign up today to get this rate(exact words of the office manager) Avoid them at all costs or you will pay forever!

I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your recent experience. Aspen Dental doctors are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that they not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health.

Would you be willing to talk in greater detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns?

This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-86*-***-**** or patientservices@***.com.

New Carlisle, Indiana

Aspen Dental Butler, PA

All they are concerned about is pulling teeth and removing old fillings. They wanted to pull 10 of my son's teeth without even trying to fill any cavities. Then when it was my turn they xrayed my mouth. I am not a dentist but I have seen my xrays before and I don't know how anyone could see a cavity from the messy xrays they had. The dentist only was with me for less than 5 minuets and told me to see the manager, who tells me that all of my old fillings have to come out and I will need caps on all of my teeth. When I said I wasn't going for any of that he then told me I have a dental desease. The dentist or what ever he was never said a word to me about that. All they wanted was to make $20,000. from my son and myself.

$20,000? always get a second opinion.

Smarter to just never visit aspen at all. Aspen's first solution will always be pulling teeth and make denture.

That is what they are set up to do and make the most money from. Avoid these scammers.

I have pretty much perfect teeth, as a teenager I decided I wanted a tongue ring. When I first got it done the swell bar was still in and I was eating chicken and broke my back left tooth in half.

I let it go and it became a horrible toothache that i just couldn't take anymore. Go to google first one aspen dental (thinking to myself ok this must be the best around its little, it's close.. All that stuff) so I went in for my appointment and sat in the waiting room for almost an hour past my appointment time while there was 3 no joke screaming toddlers right behind me!! FINALLY they called me back asked what was going on I told them they took X-rays back into the room I went to sit for another 45 mins for the dentist to come in *** About my tongue ring said "that was *** y would you even do something like that" blow me dude I'm 26 I can do what I want with my tongue..

Then he opens my mouth tells me that I have "gums disease" (remind you I was 24) and that I need to go sit with the office manager to pick out my dentures because he needs to pull 12 teeth 5 root canals fillings blah blah blah.. I sat there crying because being 24 and picking out dentures is not what I had in mind over a cracked tooth, I said no can't I just get the cracked on fixed? "No we have to fix all the other teeth before we touch that one" $30,000 was my total for all this.... Are u kidding me?!

So I wanted a second opinion on this called local small private dentist he was in shock!

I had 2 cavities and a cracked tooth that was it. So please if you are reading this and need dental work done pleaseeeee do not go to aspen dental...

Trust me, don't go here. Find another dentist.

View more comments (2)
Butler, Pennsylvania

Aspen Dental Portsmouth NH

Aspen Dental, Portsmouth, NH final cost were in excess of 50% higher than the initial estimates. The estimate was given as a single amount, not a range. In any business or medical transaction I have personally been involved in, if there was a probability of a range of cost depending on certain reasonable unknowns this was stated in the estimate. After a discussion with the business manager I was refunded $200. But this did not bring my final costs to within 20% of the estimate, which I would have considered reasonable. In a follow up meeting with the dentist/owner he, first, chastised the business manager for giving me the $200 refund and then refused to consider another reimbursement. Aspen Dental's business practices are deceptive and misleading.

IWent to aspen dental for pain. In the end They said my estimate was $12254.00 I couldn't even believe it needless to say I won't be returning

I have been charged more then I agreed on because they applied my daughters dental work to my Care Credit Card.I had a dentist that could not understand a simple question and apparently didn't speak or understand English which would be handy if they want to communicate with me. I have been sold the most exspensive tooth paste ever made.

Some of us get sucked in because we are poor shame on those who take advantage of that.

I have never seen the same person working there twice. I don't know where they come from or where they go. It seems like a training camp for real jobs.

I now have a real dentist where I know him and his staff.

Hampton, New Hampshire
Aspen Dental Manager

Aspen Dental IL dentist kills patient?

This isn't really a complaint but I am posting with a question. Has anyone heard that a patient at this company died as a result of the treatment at an Illinos office? The ladies in my Purpose Driven Life Group were talking about it this morning. Does anyone know the patients name or which Illinos office this was at? We went to the Springfield office once and were disappointed (very very dirty) and would not go back but I heard it was an office closer to Chicago??? Would like to know so we can follow the story in their local news. If true, I hope the dentist goes to PRISON. You should be able to trust your doctor not live in fear for your life!!
#200491

It was a patient at the Bourbonnais Illinois office. She got an infection for the dentists use of unsterile equipment - along with all the other malpractice issues this doctor subjected her patient to. The doctors name is Nadia Chowhan Iqbal is being investigated by the State's Attorneys Office.

@PissedConsumer200491

Was this dentist disciplined for this act or other acts?

#192669

Yes, this Aspen company is unbelievable....they do lie to the patients and take all the money they can....they wil try to get you approved for care credit and other losn options and will have you call all your relatives to co-sign....very non-sterile environment. The offices in rockford area are ran by a woman manager by the name of Carrie. She is ruthless.....just drives her employees to the limit....often time without any breaks through the day. Just recently the manager at the 2nd location in Rockford

was found dead after a car accident. The family called the office 3 days after the accident to speak with Carrie. She would not take the call. They proceeded to blame her for the death of their son saying he committed suicide because she was ruthless to him and was pushing him to be unethical with the patients.

Both office employees were instructed that they were forbidden to attend any part of the deceased employee's funeral or visitation.

This is very wrong.....Where is this district managers heart and conscious? I would hate to be her. No one ever gets away with treating people like this? All back to the almighty dollar.

The patient was from the Moline area. This company is EVIL.

They hire dentists who can't get a job based on their own reputation and cheated their way through dental school. And where do cheats go to companies like ASPEN.

I know three people who have been "paid off" to keep their mouths shut about what Aspen did to them! The State's Attorney needs to step in and put a stop to this before they KILL someone else.

my guess would be your another Aspen Dental employee whos job is to submit fake responses to try and cover your companies piece of *** way of doing business. I personally know a patient that had work at one of your offices and ended up because of what the dentist did having TEN root canals and three teeth pulled.

Aspen dental was caught sending emails to patients who posted here PRETENDING to be a patient.

An email was sent to one of their fake patient email address and was opened at the NY corporate headquarters IP address and then forwarded to twelve dif computer all within the corporate office. Yea they are great!!!!

Omg are u kidding me. Nobody died in a dental chair.

Any sedation the surgeon has to be liscened. Aspen dental sees over 2 million patients a year, according to the website. There are going to be complaints and people that aren't happy. Take a look at this entire web

site.

If Aspen was so illegal and killing patient. (Lol) ummm they wouldn't be in practice in the US.

Wake up!!!! Grow up and pay attention.

Did they die in the dental chair. I heard of a lawsuit a few years ago where they weren't watching the patient during twilight sleep and they were over medicated and died. Dentists are scary they aren't like real doctors who have a higher standard of practice.

View more comments (6)