Aspen Dental Reviews

Show reviews that mention
dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth
Filter review

Will not listen

Ihave a set of temps. that do not give me any comfort when they are installed. Resident dentist doesn't listen to complaints. States that he can notdo anything to relief of problem unless he has a sore.made a call to aspen dental only to be put off with "i'll return your call" last week. Still waiting forthe return call. there should be an another aspen dental I can go to for propr teatment. After putting out over $5000.00 and seeing all those commercials you think I would be able to get proper teatment from aspen dental.

If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email address and phone number to the following email address:

Dr.Bleckstein@***.com

All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action. There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

:( :( and guess what im in the same boat as you & still not getting anywhere i just wont a refund. cant seem to find the owners of this corporation.patientservices is ajoke so i allie of aspen dental.but no one will do anything but talk&complain.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. The patient satisfaction team should be able to help you with your concerns. They can be reached at 1-86*-***-**** or patientservices@***.com.

aspen dental is a big ripoff

View more comments (3)
Plano, Texas
Aspen Dental Dentures

Charged for services never used to credit card

I went in for a broken tooth and filled out the paperwork to get credit established for the work I needed. I then went and got a second opinion and choose a different dentistry. They charged me for work that was never preformed 2 months in advance. The day I filled out the paperwork, was the day I was charged. $3900.00. Buyer beware. Do you homework before signing papers with them. This was just a consultation! Michagan City, Indiana does not have the same dentists. I was told they are rotated in and out on a regular basis. The office manager makes the decisions on the time lines of the work to be preformed. The dentist has no say so. This is a joke. Any good dentist will be the one calling the shots, not the person that has no experience!

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

they did same thing to my husband. And I entered into the 50/50 plan with them and have paid every month on time and double what I need to pay and I just recieved a letter from collections that they sent me to them for failure to pay.

When I tried to talk to office manager she stated I was not sent to collections and she knew nothing about it.

She would call me on monday (6/28) to tell me what she had found out.. funny it is now 7/5 and still no word from them and when I call it goes to voice mail..but I am still fighting to prove that my credit is good and get my credit card percent dropped back down (it was raised because of being sent to collections) and the denture they made me still does not fit and does not match color of my real teeth.(and they charged me twice to top it off.

tina really you had to "speak of it"?? is english your first language.

If this was a proof reading contest, I guess you would win! This forum is for informing the consumer so they can make a better choice. Get a life and drop the attitude!!!!!!!!

I have been reading all the complaints about Aspen Dental and I can't believe all the dumb people that can't spell!! It's ridiculous! I just had to speak of it!!!

View more comments (4)
Hebron, Indiana

Dr Nadia Chowhan of Aspen is a Vulture

This doctors pursuit of money at the pain and suffering of her patients is reminiscent of the old movies where you see the vulture swoop in to pick over the bones of the dead leaving nothing untouch. The only dif is that this doctor causes the problems and then picks your pocket til there is nothing left. She is disgusting in her quest to just get money. I guess when you have to hop from state to state one step in front of getting your license revoked, you have to get it while you can. Aspen dental must be raking in to be able to afford to PAY OFF all the malpractice complaints. The problem is, most people don't realize they have been rooked because these dentists are gr eat at the shell game. Nadia Chowhan should be run out of town on a rail she is a piece of Dental GARBAGE that has washed up in our town. The practice is on 50 in front of Target. LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD, we should all get together with signs indicating what a *** ARTIST this doctor and office is!!!!!!!!!!! All for one and get her RUN OUT OF THE STATE!! Iowa here she comes.

She is not hard to find anymore. I starting reading about her AFTER I had my work done, what a terrible Dentist she is.

If this is the same one everybody is talking about the she is in monroe mi. They gave me my money back but the pain i am still going thru does not make it better :upset

#200478

this garbage is still practicing right here in our town. we need to DO something about it.

Filed my paperwork to be a part of the class action suit. Also have advised a recent victim of this office that she can easily have her confidentiality agreement (that reimbursed her 14000.00) overturned.

Since it then cost her over 20,000 to have what Nadia Chowhan and Aspen did to her corrected. The patient signed the agreement under duress. She had been in pain for over five MONTHS, had the WRONG teeth put in her mouth by Aspen, had and Aspen employee laugh in her face and tell her he thought her pain and suffering were FUNNY and then received a bunch of fake emails from aspen pretending to be other patients giving her legal advise.

They ASSAULTED her over and over again. She should be the poster-child for what these people will do for a buck.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

from what i've read here about this doctor going back about 8-9 months she's a real piece of work. she needs to be sued for everything and then kicked out of the dental profession.

sue them. this is the only way to make this company stop ripping people off.

View more comments (5)
Waukegan, Illinois
$20000

Fraud

i went to aspen dental here in fairview park ohio because they have a promo for free exam and x ray for first time patient. after the check up the dentist tell me whats need to be done, well i know i have a good teeth so i only need to have a minor filling in one tooth and they gonna do it the next time i come back. well i never schedule another appointment yet because its only one filling. after a few weeks i recieve a bill from aspen dental for $200 for the exam they did to me and another stuff which they did not do it yet. why am i gonna pay this bill when they advertise free exams for new patient. this company is a fraud and charging our insurance for stuff they have not done yet.

Cleveland, Ohio

Dr Nadia Chowhan Iqbal the worst dentist ever~

I read where someone said that aspen dental was like a used car lot and that is exactly what it was like. First the front person a too slick sales woman named nadia chowhan iqbal who passes herself off as a dentist, the the money man who just crunches the numbers for you. How lucky for them that you are sitting there in pain while they try to figure out just how much they can gouge you for. Its disgusting. This is not a dental office where the doctor actually cares, this is a sharks tank where dr chowhan is calculating how much she can get from you~~

A woman through the Senior Services gave a lecture on mail and internet fraud recently at our Auditorium and she mentioned this dentist and the horrible life altering experience she had based on this dentists malpractice. I wouldn't let this woman work on our Golden Retriever much less a loved one. She should be working at a high security prison where her "patients" deserve the pain she seems to enoy inflicting.

Isn't this the doctor that was going on line and pretending to be a patient so she could head off the law suits people were going to file against her. Then she posted good reviews of herself? PATHETIC!!

Evanston, Illinois

Rude service, workmanship

Payment options they only told us about payment's we could make on dentures. Not about the 8% discount on cash on first visit. My upper denture was 1399.00 my savings was only 22.68 not 111.92 it should of been. because I did not do all what they wanted me to do and I got a bill for the 22.68.they added more charges to my bill. My niece and mother both are having problems with their dentures. My niece has to start all over again there is so much wrong with them. My mother is hoping they can fix hers. The dentist was rude and so is the girl on the phone.

Aspen Dental must be stopped. A multi-state Class Action Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group.If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email and phone number to the following email address:Dr.Bleckstein@***.comThe more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry and the faster Aspen will fall.All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action.

There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard. Thanks,Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

Ottawa, Ohio
Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen dental is the opposite of their fancy marketing

I highly reccomend that you DO NOT use any Aspen Dental, but particularly the one in Kokomo Indiana. The staff has the empathy of a gnat, most of them obviously hired because they are young and pretty, not because they have any talent for taking care of dental patients. They charged an outrageous amount for dentures that I have since found out I could have purchased for half the price. They lost appointments I made, so I would come in and not be seen after having to make a 65 mile drive and taken two hours off work to see them. Their lack of respect for my time was galling They forgot to send my dentures out to be finished adding yet another week to what turned out to be a 6 week process just to get a set of replacement plates! The dentist told me I would have sore spots, not to worry about that. Well I guess so, since I'd rather live with the sore spots he wouldn't take care of while I was there rather than go back and be treated so poorly. The office is dirty pit, and the employees are so anxious to go home at the end of the day that they gather garbage around you as they are begging to go home early. That wonderful little heart tugging commercial you see a dozen times a day on the televsion... pure and utter BS!

Remember that the plates you bought have a warranty. I'd give them a call just to make sure your appointment will cost nothing, and let them try to get them fixed or replaced.

Whenever I have had problems with mine, everything has always been.done for free without question. They are obligated to help you because of the warranty on what you paid for, but they can't if you won't even let them try to. If they try to charge you for the adjusting, then I would definitely never ever go back there.

I've asked a few people here in logansport about it, and no one has ever paid to have their sets worked on. Keep ms posted on what happens with the adjustment.

Before I even received delivery of my plates they had to do a reline because of mistakes they made in the originals and charged me yet another $300 on top of the exhorbitant price charged in the first place!! I'd be sincerely afraid they would have no problem continuing to charge me... Unfortunately I feel like it makes no sense financially to do anything but find a new dentist.

I've always had wonderful experiences in the kokomo office. They are incredibly busy all the time, but always have time to help me with my concerns or adjust my dentures. Get an appointment and get your set adjusted.

View more comments (2)
Indianapolis, Indiana

Aspen Dental Bourbonnais, IL

What a JOKE first the wrong dentures then they messed up my *** so bad that I ended up with problems on my bottom (real) teeth and had to have two extracted. Both the extracted teeth were in great shape before this dentist Chowhan Iqbal got hold of me. She is the lowest slimiest type doctor. All about the money and no patient care. She kept telling me she could feel my pain. Well when my lawyer gets done with her, she REALLY feel my pain!!! Coniving dental terrorism is what she practices!!! I should have looked here before going to Aspen they got my teeth from some THIRD WORLD COUNTRY for .03 on the dollar. No wonder they are ***!!!!!!!!! Hope this pays for that big house in Frankfort she got with her blood money. I'l be posting her photo and address everywhere to warn the decent people in this area!!!!!!! Oh and the people who keep saying to contact he new york office, i tried they won't even take calls about this office anymore becauese they are overrun with complaints

I know how upset you are very poor work on front office part. Lazy people working at front desk!

#200465

Heard nothing good about this doctor Nadia Chowhan. Only a place like Aspen would hire such filth

Washington, District Of Columbia
$12000

Refused to help me after 2 attempts when I`m suffering with 2 teeth that need root canals

Pgh.,Pa. office North Hills on Mc.Night Rd.I recently went to this office because I`m suffering with 2 need root canals. They scheduled me an appointment and gave me an antibiotic and pain medication that only last me about a week.I went back to get more medicine because I`m in excuciating pain.Their doctor Anna Hammbleton Cahall refused to give anymore pain medication and followed it up with a lie about not authorized to give me more or she would get in trouble. This is untrue. I guess they think I`m ***.I know a doctor who let me know that she could have gave me more medication plus on the bottle it says Refills require authorization!I was told to take some over the counter medicine.I told them it simply does not work,they still refused to do anything.I called their emergency number an explained the situation to them.They called back and said they talked to the doctor at this office and instructed me to call them when they open to get me in there that day.I called them and was turned down again.I told them what their emergency staff said, but the girl I talked to had the nerve to say "I don't know what they said. That was very offensive to me because basically she is calling me a liar. Plus I find out they only have 1 doctor who does root canals and he was is on vacation and won't be back until that following thursday which is the day of my appointment. i ended up going to these Dental Specialist who took care of my need. They performed the 2 root canals plus gave me medication for pain! I praise The Lord for this Dental Firm. They took care of a problem Aspen Dental REFUSED to take care of!!!
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Aspen Dental Dental Services

Aspen dental young dentist nightmare

takata and flicka at mt Dora office both young dentist just out of college most likely and they both don't know what they are doing not even a simple denture fitting 2nd denture still not right both dentist gave it a try now i have been told i have to go some where else to have it done "RIGHT" some DENTIST that knows how to make a simple denture fit what a "sad place ASPEN DENTAL IS" my son had a filling put in a upper tooth. that night it fell out we took him some where else .filling still in.its been 4 months now I'm fighting to get a refund on the dentures they tried to make 2500.00 its been for ever and still no luck. "EVERYONE BEWARE OF MT DORA AREA" and the office manager not even nice not even she is a .....

A class action suit is already under way. Contact email: Dr.Bleckstein@***.com

call their corp office in new york and file a state complaint. I smell a class action suit in the future for all the patients aspen dental has victimized. it's not just their young doctors the older ones are the bottom of the rung too.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen dental what a joke

i went to aspen dental to FIND MY SMILE the 1st set of dentures they didnt fit right at all and my teeth where slanted and had BUCK teeth at that. took two months to make a new set,just got them back today the old lower set fit inside the new set they made them to big and my BUCK teeth got worse ha ha ive been fooling with aspen dental for 1 year now and still no dentures and they r opening more stores go figure I AM SO PISSED OFF. I HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM ASPEN DENTAL CARE. this is just wrong.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

file a complaint with your state and see a lawyer who will take you on contigency. THere is a class action suit in the making here against aspen the victims/patients just have to UNITE to bring them down.

West Palm Beach, Florida

hooked and crooked me

went to aspen with horrible jaw pain they did nothing said all teeth had to come out theyd do that in 10 days. set me up for financing did nothing for pain said i had gum disease financing was 4300 in the mean time my jaw is swollen by the time the week was up i was at my dr. office she wanted to put me in hospital for i.v. antibotics had been back to aspen but dentist won't see me they already had my money said they would see me at appt time in another week. i decided to call off the teeth removal by them and get my money back and go somewhere else. i was told by chase health advance that i had to fill out paper work and it had to be approved by aspen and they would credit what aspen felt i didn't use of the 4300 dollars i was also approved by chase for 20,000 yes 20 thousand i ask why so much they said aspen requested that much i ask them if i had to approve any extra charges besides the 4300 that aspen already got. chase said no it was up to aspen what the final bill would be so i said they can take the full 20,000 chase said yes if they charge that much extra. so dont go threw chase health either there in cahoots. i was told i had to keep making payments and it could take a year to get any money back and how much would be up to aspen dental. oh by the way the secound time i was at aspen my left eye was swelled shut and i was in horrible pain dentist sent out a pain script which makes me sick already had told them that and would not see me while the staff kept looking at me and laughing. id guess laughing all the way to the bank. stay away stay away

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Could you tell me which office you visited?

Or, if you call the Patient Satisfaction Team they'll be able to help you resolve these issues quickly.

They can be reached at 1-86*-***-**** or patientservices@***.com.

Thank you and again, I apologize for your experience.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania

Aspen Dental charged me $140 for a cheap plastic toothbrush

Aspen Dental is a total rip-off!! They had me sign a "treatment plan"and gave me an estimated charge after insurance paid. They said if the work done was less, I would pay a lower charge. When the insurance company sent a list of payments made by them, my charges were much less than Aspen's estimate. When I asked for my total charges from Aspen , they were the same as their original estimate. They said there was a charge for the dental appliance. They gave me a cheap plastic rechargeable toothbrush that I thought was free because it wasn't worth more than $20 tops! They never told me it cost $140 and I was never asked if I wanted to buy it. they said it was part of my "treatment plan" BEWARE of this company.

Went to Aspen with a toothache in a specific tooth. They claimed I needed other dental work as well and insisted that the tooth pain was coming from a tooth other than the tooth that was hurting.Three appointments and $650.00 later....I still had the tooth pain and had to go elsewhere.

I too, was given a toothbrush and never told I was being charged $150 for it. I would have never know there was a charge unless I asked for a DETAILED printout, which they do not offer unless you ask.

Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS

They scam everyone. The total package includes a piece of garbage toothbrush and the truth is you probably didn't even need the type cleaning you paid for.

EVERY patient who walks through the door is told they have some kind of periodontal problem and needs a 2-400 dollar cleaning. Their in-house news letter tells them to SELL SELL SELL. If they don't meet a quote each month they get paid less. It's a commision dental practice.

And the dentists are the rejects from dental school who couldn't get or keep a job in a real dental practice. Nadia Chowhan Iqbal at the Bourbonnais Illinos practice is a prime example she has jumped to three dif state practices in four years just one step ahead of the State complaints.

She has been the cause of many a "backroom" pay off to avoid malpractice suits. You are lucky they didn't do more damage to you.

View more comments (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Never did what they said they would do and overcharged for what they did do.

Aspen dental rips people off they take your money and try to get you to buy more services without actually providing the service you asked for. I made an appointment at Aspen for a cleaning....they never cleaned his teeth at all but they told him about all the future work he was going to need. They ran my insurance to see how much they could get from us for services and wanted to make more appointments for more services without actually ever cleaning his teeth....which was what we asked to be done....they took an x ray and found nothing wrong so they put together a treatment plan based on root planing and perio treatments without cleaning his teeth. Don't you think you should start with cleaning off the plaque before determining the need for root planing. They told me on the phone the appointment was for a cleaning but I assure you he left there with no less plaque on his teeth just less cash in his wallet.

I would not recommend Aspen Dental to my worse enemy. They advertise that they are a complete place for all dental needs yet they can't extract teeth, do root canals, extentions for crowns or anything except clean and routine work. They tell you that you must have all of this work done but when getting a second opinion it was found that that wasn't true.

They are just awful and care about only the money they are making.

Stay away from them!!!!

This company is not only made up pathological liars, they have charged my insurance company for work they never did, hmmm, does that constitute insurance fraud? The office staff is the most unprofessional, and incompetent bunch of individuals I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From not returning calls, to their lack of caring and concern for their patients, this company needs to pack it in and let professionals handle dental care.

Albany, New York
Aspen Dental Dental Services

Aspen Dental (Fort Wayne, IN) is a waste of time! & money!

I've been into Aspen Dental 7 times for one filling. yes..one filling. the first dentist did the filling. in this process, he says "oops!". I'm completely numb on the whole left side of my face, thinking, "Hmmmm...that doesn't sound quite right!" next time I go back with pain in the same area assuming it was the same tooth. new dentist says, "we are going to have to take the filling out and redo it". "the other dentist didn't clean out all the decay". Okay. I'm good with that. 2 weeks later. still pain in the same area. the new dentist says "we'll grind it down. It's probably too high". *sigh...still pain chewing. next visit, I'm like look...check your x rays from before and after. Oops!! the first dentist chipped the tooth behind it. so guess what. they go in and fix the tooth that was chipped. you got it! still not right! "Ohh there's a ledge in there." "we have to numb your mouth Again...and grind it down." "If this doesn't work, we will have to take the filling out (for the 3rd time) and redo it. I've lost count of how many visits for the same simple problem. It's still not right and now for the first time in my whole life, I have an actual tooth ache. the Indiana Dental Association suggests going to another dentist. after all the money I've paid Aspen Dental for the inital visit. now I'm going to have to go to another dentist to get the solution.

I have had my previous dentures for 28 years. I went to Aspen last year to have my uppers replaced.

They said it would be two weeks and talked me into the most expensive because of the warranty and strength of the dentures. It took over a month to get them and have them fit right.

It has been less than a year and in three day period two of my teeth just fell out. I would not recommend Aspen dental to anyone.

Just a general comment - my wife went in for new uppers and lowers - Aspen somehow mixed up the finished sets with another customer and actually tried to fit them into my wife anyway! There is just no substitute for a good dentist. Aspen is nothing more than a Redi-Med for teeth, and you get what you pay for.

@PissedConsumer996682

By the way - this was in Fort Wayne, not Indy.

I have used the services at the Aspen Dental location off Parnell Ave. in the Fort one time and it was a favorable one.

This was on a Saturday...early A.M. I awoke and a tooth had abscessed and the pain was getting worse. My local dentist is not open on Saturdays...I called and he said he could see me on Monday. I called Aspen by 10:30 am and they said they were open until noon.

I arrived at 11:40 am, they got me in quickly, did X-rays, diagnosed the issue/tooth and drilled through the ceramic crown w/o cracking it.

They did warn me it may crack and need replaced but I understood the situation - didn't care It needed the abscess removed. In no time it seemed they had extracted the problem, filled the 'well' which I can still see in future x-rays my home dentist had taken and I was able to attend a function my wife and I had planned on doing for a couple of weeks before. I was very happy w/ their service, ability, and billing. My insurance paid a portion (60%) but they were out of network.

Overall it depends on the dentist you get...no matter what office you go to.

I know Aspen has more overhead than most small-town independent dentists but I was treated fairly at the Parnell location. No complaints.

I went to Aspen Dental in Fort Wayne. The one on Illinois Road.

I can understand losing the temporary crowns in the first week. The first permanent crown to taffy. MY BAD. The second permanent to a hard shell taco.

Had to make multiple visits for all four crowns. I gave up on crowns and asked if they would just pull the tooth in one visit. I was clear about that. I get there and they tell me its to look at it and do an x-ray.

I left. Why can they advertise one day visit on dentures, but cant pull my tooth in one visit? They lied to me! Straight up!

I do have insurance. Even though I'll never be a CEO of a major company, my time is important to me.

I also get stressed by dentists. Why would I want to have so many visits?

I went to Aspen Dental in 2007 because my tooth had abscessed. The "dentist" didn't believe me when I said that I could still feel pinching after he numbed the area so I felt every pull and twist.

After the tooth was finally out, he didn't even give me an antibiotic for the infection! Luckily I had some antibiotics so I didn't die from the infection spreading.

Also in the process of pulling the tooth, he cracked another.

I have told everyone not to go to Aspen. They do nothing to help and may end up killing you!

i had apt today at aspen dental...........apt is at 5:30 i finally get my tooth wked on around 6:30 and after she numbs me and they blow air on it i say hmm i can still feel the pain so dentist reply's no way i just numbed it...ok then im done and go to the office mgr for ck out and she does her thing.. get in my car and the dumb *** fixed the tooth next to the tooth that hurt,it had a sight cavity but didnt hurt so now i will b finding another dentist!

#204872

My children both need their wisdom teeth removed and our insurance pays for the Aspen dental company. After reading all of the comment I cannot bring myself to take them there.

I will have to figure out another way to pay for the work out of my pocket. Their life is to precious to send them where the insurance company says to go!!!!!!

#199980

I was going to have a wisdom tooth and another tooth removed but now I am not sure. Dentists are so expensive and have long wait times at least these people will get you in.

It seems like money is all everyone is interested in not the patient. :) :)

:) Thank You very much for this info. It's greatly appreciated!

View more comments (10)