Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental review in Goshen, Indiana: Really?

I went to Aspen Dental, despite numerous family members telling me not, as they have had bad experiences with them. I went because I had not been to a dentist in a long time and was lured by the free exam. I wanted to see what shape my mouth was in. The customer service was fine. I was able to get in on time. I was told I had 8 cavities and my wisdom teeth were not an issue right now. Ten minutes later I was told my wisdom teeth needed to come out right away, but first I would need cleaning. The dentist would not touch my mouth until I got a cleaning, even though he was not an oral surgeon. I got a consultation that would cost me over $3000 for everything. I asked as I walked out if I needed to pay anything, they told me it was a free exam. Skip to a month later when I get a bill $112 in the mail on Saturday for the exam and xrays that I am expected to pay two days later on Monday. Was I billed for this "free exam" because I cancelled on my other procedures, deciding to go to a different dentist. I don't mind paying for any services, but be upfront and honest with consumers. I can at least respect that.

They will force the explorer into your tooth and leave it sticking in there and say, "Oh, just checking for decay" in my healthy teeth. Ha!

"I'm just checking for decay" **then creates *** in the tooth** And they shoved a stick into the gums and AFTERWARD say your gums are red because of gingivitis. I still have the small hole in my teeth to this day and I have a receded gumline now.

Oh guess what? No lawyer will sue them until your mouth is completely screwed over ($10,000 in damages).

Why are people so *** to fall for this free examination ***. I don't care whether its a vet service, medical service or Dental service, if their offering a free anything its going to cost you money one way or another.

NOTHING is free especially when its comes to medical care.

In reading comments Aspen is notorious for telling new patients that they need their teeth cleaned and a set of x-rays taken.

Why would anyone think or even assume either of these procedures would be FREE of charge? People, all it takes is common sense to figure out offering a FREE exam is nothing more then marketing scam to get you in the office.

@Anonymous

And that goes double for any office that is so desperate they have to advertise on TV. Anyone who advertises like that is losing so many patients out the back door that they need tons of patients entering the front door!

$112 for a free dental exam??? No wonder aspen, just a dental office, already has 1700 complaints against it on this site alone. Do a google search it will take you years to read all the complaints.

What?! You mean "free" isn't free unless you fall for their scams?

Please report this to your state attorney general. They were hammered in another state when they advertised "free" exams, but charged insured patients.

Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning
Pros
  • Professionalism
  • Customer service
Cons
  • No ethics
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental - Dental Services Review from Bellevue, Washington

1.3
Do not frequent the Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Tn. They are incompetent and will try and take you for every dollar you have! Main doctor pulls fits and throws things at his staff and threatens to fire them. Office manager is a former car salesmam just trying to get his bonus! Run for the hills!

buyer beware !Was told all lower teeth were infected and I needed them pulled immediately, even though they were infected, all to the tune of 3,000.

When I went to sign the contract, the person pulled a partial off a shelf and said this is what your partial will look like, a piece of junk!!!!

Aspen Dental Dental Services

Aspen Dental - Tooth Extraction Review from Cape Coral, Florida

DO NOT GO HERE .. STILL DEALING WITH ISSUES. The do unnecessary pulling of the teeth and cause damage where you will have to have surgery like me.. I'm glad i picked up all my xrays and been to 2 dentist that told me the work they did was unnecessary and now i have to have surgery from a specialist because of so much damage. Like a horror movie. Then they had a office manager who was making her money on the side, but she destroyed a lot of the records or took them i was told by another employee.. Also billing me for money she took. Finally i was told to get a lawyer.

DO Not Go To Aspen!4years later and still don't have my partials! Was told clerical error ( 2 yrs after work n partials done n not able to get because they said I owed 450.00-of in full!)on aspens part.

Went year ago to "rectify their error" my temp broke in mouth while eating braking 1 anchor cracking other one( teeth) wanted over 3600 to extract all bottom(0 problem there) n 5 n 1-2 top teeth n get full dentures. No dental insurance now nor will I owe more debt by their plans! Can't eat missing teeth so humiliated refuse to laugh smile avoid public and health deteriorating( I can't eat real solid healthy food n get access now-we visits I've antibiotics)) chipped little of porcelain front tooth and they still won't help! 800 customer care connected me to "rectify" their error again today!

They want $$ ethics don't apply here!

No other dentist will fix another mistakes or neglect. I've heard 0 but complaints now n similar n worse encounters here( wish I knew before over 2 g spent in beginning) n still 0

If unnecessary dental was performed and you have WRITTEN proof from another LICENSED DENTEST stating these facts as well as WRITTEN DOCUMENTION you now require extensive costly dental surgical procedures due to the unnecessary dental work performed. Yes, you should consult an attorney.

As long as you have WRITTEN documented proof and or even better a dentist/dental surgeon who will testify in your behalf as to his/her professional assessment another dentist performed unnecessary work and caused unjustified medical harm, pain and suffering and additional medical dental treatment due to negligence. You most likely have a very good medical civil action case against the dentist himself, as well as the business he is employed by.

@Anonymous

Any suggestions for a local lawyer to contact?

Aspen's day will come eventually and aspen will get plowed the same way it plows its victims. Go to h@ll aspen.

Wow, so now you are out the money you paid them, the money you paid another dentist to straighten out the mess, and soon more money to pay a lawyer. (Sorry to tell you, Aspen has a ton of good lawyers who usually defeat patients.)

Ain't investor-owned dental clinics wonderful?

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction

Aspen Dental review in Troy, New York: A Crown No More

Update by user Mar 11, 2016

Despite numerous complaints about my sore gum as much as 2 weeks after the crowning, I did not even get a return phone call. When I finally went in (for a tooth cleaning) a month later, I was told it was nothing.

Original review posted by user Mar 11, 2016

Aspen Dental, Latham, NY: I had to have a root canal done while vacationing out of the country in France because nobody could "fit me in" before I left. When I returned, they quickly snapped a very expensive crown on a very cracked tooth, without even first examining the root canal that had been done prior. If they had examined that root canal, they would have noticed THAT A ROOT WAS MISSED. But Aspen, the profit-driven corporation that they are, was too quick to snap on that crown over a tooth that barely existed. After a very expensive procedure, that included scaling back my gum line (which added about $800.00 more to the procedure as I sat in the chair with my mouth propped open), my tooth became infected again. It was determined that I needed another root canal; that a canal was missed. To do this, I had to go to an endodontist and she had to drill through the crown, thus cracking the crown. I went to a private dentist to get examined, and she had to pull out the CRACKED crown, pulled out the remainder of my very cracked tooth, and now I have no crown, barely any tooth, $2300.00 later. Now what, Aspen Dental in Latham, NY? Do you think I will ever use your services again? Don't think I won't report this to my insurance company either, because indeed they are next.

Aspen doesn't care what happens to your teeth after you leave on that day. They just want all the money they can pull out of you.

@Anonymous

They do not care. They do not even call to see how you are after oral surgery. Medical service providers, such as what they are and offer, should not be allowed to privatize the way they have.

@Anonymous

Aspen does not even want to save teeth or do root canals, they just want to yank teeth out.

@Anonymous

Not sure about that. They should have yanked my tooth and they crowned it and drilled it.

@Anonymous

If they yank it they will try to replace it with one of aspen's junk made in china appliances. Have fun with that.

Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services
Reason of review
Too in a hurry to place a lucrative crown on a tooth that really should have been pulled.
Full refund

Aspen dental-- total scam !

buyer beware ! Was told all lower teeth were infected and I needed them pulled immediately, even though they were infected, all to the tune of 3,000. When I went to sign the contract, the person pulled a partial off a shelf and said this is what your partial will look like. Needless to say, when I got home and calmed down I called and cancelled. Hate to think how many people have dentures that don't fit and paid a fortune for them.
Machele

Find a dentist in town in private practice and pay for an exam. I would suspect you do not need to extract all bottom teeth.

Good. Best thing anyone can do is run away from aspen ripoff dental.

The partial, denture, any other supplies possible are purchased from CHINA, TOTAL JUNK. Buy American, screw aspen!

View more comments (1)
Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction

Aspen Dental Dental Services Review

Dont waste your money or time bad service
Aspen Dental Dental Services

Aspen Dental review: Horrible

Aspen Dental has seen me previously and has my xrays, call to schedule a root canal and I am unable because I need to schedule a consultation. Even though they have my dental history and I have a referral. This can't be done in the same day because they need to bill my insurance and charge me as much as possible. This company is horrible. They are rude on the phone. They do not take into consideration people have to drive 2 hours 1 way to see them. This place flat out sucks.

Depending on the overall health and location of the tooth, you may want to consider just having the tooth extracted as opposed to going through the expense of a root canal. Its not unusual for a tooth that has had a root canal to die over a period of time and it ends up needing to be extracted to prevent possible infection to surrounding teeth and gum tissue. Something to think about as an option.

Most Doctors will require a consultation with a patient prior to performing a new procedure. A root canal is a little more complicated and time consuming as opposed to just getting a routine filling and usually require several visits.

I've had a few root canals done and they were quite expensive and they took 3-4 visits each time.

mine were done over 25 years ago and if I remember correctly the cost was between $1,200 to $1,500 per tooth. This included the office visits and other related charges as well.

You may want to contact your dental insurance provider and avail them of this situation just to make sure unwarranted claims aren't being submitted. There is no reason for unnecessary additional testing to be done if in fact all of your medical information, tests and x-rays have recently been updated/performed. A new/current single x-ray of a tooth may be necessary in the event previous x-rays taken are more then 60 days old.

What I want to know is why you even considered driving 2 hours to a fleabag corporate clinic like Aspen when there are competent dentists in private practice all over the USA!

Gee whiz, a patient in pain made an appointment TODAY in my office and I started a root canal. Happens all the time in normal offices.

The employees don't mean to be rude. They are just tired to death of working for these scammers called aspen. Peope lose their self dignity working for aspen and contemplate ending their misery.

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Preferred solution
1 visit, if they need a consulate fine but let the root canal happen at the same appointment. Little willing to work with someone for accomidations is better than being an *** on the phone.
Tags
  • Ft Walton Dental

Aspen Dental - Customer Care Review from Cincinnati, Ohio

Worst customer service I've ever had. My first visit It took me 2 hours to get an X-Ray and to evaluate my teeth. I had one cavity filled in and the dentist told me to just come back if it hurt after I asked him if he could just fix my *** then. Through out the time he was filling the cavity he would look up and watch the tv every chance he wasn't find eking around in my mouth. Didn't seem to care about me as a client. Working in the people industry myself I was appalled at the customer service and overall professionalism of the Apen Dentist office in Newport.

That dentist probably is too tired and burned out to care because aspen works him like a slave. He is probably thinking about going home and committing suicide later on.

Aspen Dental Customer Care
Bad quality

Aspen Dental review in Eau Claire, Wisconsin: Was told one price and then leaving was charged a higher price!

2.3
I had to be rescheduled twice before this visit. When I finally got my cleaning, I asked if the fluoride treatment ($41.00) could be covered because of the inconvenience I went through, was told NO. The next visit, I called the day before and was told there was a $9.00 credit and the fluoride treatment was $41.00. After my cleaning the Billing Manager (Brittany) said the $9.00 credit did not apply. Then I noticed a sign on the wall that said anyone 65 or older can get a 10 % discount. So I mentioned that and she said o.k. Then right in front of me she said that fluoride treatments are $47.00 and with the discount would be the $42.30. Which I paid. So with the credit I was told that I had and the quote from the office of $41.00 for the fluoride treatment, There is a difference of $15.00 that was changed right in front of me. Now, come on. What ever happened to our customer service and what was quoted to us, that they should stand by? I Called back and asked for the Regional Manager's number to explain what happened. Was told they do not pass that out but they would pass on my information to them and they would get back to me. It's now been 7 days and no call back. (I wonder if they pasted on my information at all?) This happened at Aspen Dental South in Eau Claire, Wi. Today I will go in person (More of my time used up to be sure that she is doing her job) and see if the difference of the $15.00 will be returned for my over charges. I am very disgusted with how I was treated or taken advantage of. We will see how today goes?

Hi there, I apologize for the situation that has occurred with Aspen Dental in Eau Claire. I am the new doctor here and was completely unaware of the situation that has taken place.

Please contact us and I will do my best to resolve your situation personally.

We may be part of a large dental organization, but I run my practice with the interest of my patients and make sure they receive the best dental care to improve their overall oral health. I will also make sure that my staff understands this and follows my example.

@Anonymous

Ha! almost got you there, we do not apologize for the situation that has occurred with Aspen Dental in Eau Claire.

I am the regional manager here and was completely aware of the situation that has taken place. We are part of a large dental organization, but can't deal with the interest of every patients and pander to their every need.

make sure to read the dental care contract next time. Aspen Regional

When I went there I had to give them my own brand of gas.

As with any service provider get a written itemized quote. A verbal quote/agreement means nothing. If costs and services to be performed for ANYTHING are not detailed in writing it's a case of he said, she said and legally it means nothing.

I went back to see what she would do and the answer is NOTHING. I only returned after I got the paperwork from Delta Dental which said the Fluoride treatment was $41.00.

As soon as I mention that I had the paperwork, she said that she does not know how that happened. It's plain to see that she was going to get her $41.00 at any cost. This time it was at the cost of a customer. I will NOT go back.

P.S. It is sad that someone like that lies about the pricing, doesn't care about the customer and what was quoted to me and She still has her job?!?!

@Anonymous

I was going to call Aspen Dental today to make an appointment to get a new set of dentures made and after reading these reviews I will not. I was so thrilled to see a new dental office come in to our town that is also in Florida where we winter.

This explains why there are so few cars in their parking lots.

We have a shortage of dentists here and it is expensive and hard to get in with one. This could have been a blessing for so many but it sounds like a disreputable group who care little for the quality of their work or the patient.

With the hassle and time off spent from work, it sure doesn't sound like you are saving any money going to this corporate chop shop. Why then are you going there? It's not like there aren't plenty of dentists in Wisconsin, with Marquette University Dental School.

You should be disgusted and you were taken advantage of, leave these idiots at aspen.

View more comments (7)
Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning
Cons
  • Or price gouging
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental review in West Des Moines, Iowa: Another Pissed Consumer

I went to Aspen Dental because it is close to home. I was told that I had bone loss and their treatment cost $2800. I was told that if I didn't get the treatment, I would get cancer. They scared me into make a prepayment on the procedure. Before I did the procedure I went to visit my old dentist (he is my old dentist only because I had moved), for a second opinion. I took the x-ray from Aspen Dental and he gave me a check up and said that I had strong bones and he did not see any bone loss, the only thing I needed was my 6 month cleaning. I felt Aspen totally lied to me about bone loss just to get money. I have cancelled the procedure and am now waiting on my refund (which after 2 weeks have not come through on my credit card account).

Cancers are complicated, and be caused by many things, or nothing at all. It is ridiculous to tell a patient that "if they don't get such-and-such treatment, they will get cancer." That borders on fraud.

Of course, joints like Aspen are based on perpetrating fraud on dental boards by claiming dentists own the offices.

Fraud and deception are the order of the day for these joints. Avoid them!

You may be able to speed up a refund. First call your credit card issuer and ask for a supervisor, file a dispute on the charge from Aspin since the services that were charged were not performed.

And tell your credit card issuer this information. If necessary the supervisor may be able to do a credit charge back to your account.

A charge back is when a credit card company reverses a payment that was made on your card with out your authorization.

The amount in dispute is frozen and interest free until the credit card issuer has determined whether the charge was actually authorized by you or not. You only have a short period of time to file a dispute on an unauthorized charge on your CC so call as soon as possible.

I had a totally messed up experience with the people. From A-Z with these people.

They charged me for alveoplasty. Bone smoothing after extactions.

Never touched me.

This is a procedure done by oral surgeons. Your better off going to your vet

@Anonymous

If you were charged for alveoloplasty, and they indeed did not touch your bone, shaving it with burs, files, or contouring pliers, PLEASE notify your insurance company of the fraud.

This sort of false billing needs to be stopped!

aspen dental rips off everyone.

Deceitful