Rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Mcdonough, Georgia - Type of dental implant

2.4
I have nothing but problems since receiving my lower detures,1st day a tooth came out. Have had it happen again 10 months later, i have upper dentures with never happing also having pain and soreness in my gums.where the implants are. Very dissatisfied with their work.. and tthink i was overchatged.

Wow! Having an implant done by this corporate clip joint is like having a jet turbine engine rebuilt by your local brake and muffler shop.

Wrong place to have the job done.

Wouldn't be surprised if you lost those junk "mini-implants within 6 months. Next time, go to reputable dentist who owns his own practice to get such complicated treatment performed.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Daytona Beach, Florida - Worthless rip-off company ruined my daughter's teeth

They put two caps on her front upper teeth and when they didn't fit right, the stupid *** foreign speaking so called dentist ground all the enamel off the lower teeth to make them fit. Now the lowers are not even white anymore and will surly decay much quicker. If I had money for a lawyer I would sue the fools. DO NOT GO TO ***-PEN DENTAL IF YOU VALUE YOU TEETH AND YOUR WALLET BECAUSE THIS TRAVESTY WAS NOT CHEAP. IT TOOK ME TWO YEARS TO PAY IT OFF AND THEIR WORK IS DOWN RIGHT DISGUSTING. GO TO A REAL DENTIST, NOT THESE HACKS !

More of aspen dental's awesome work. Love his decision to grind on good teeth to make aspen's made-in-china junk crowns fit.

Bet those crowns look like they were made by a retarded kid. Don't worry those toxic junk crowns will fall out soon.

So sad what happened to your daughter. Crowns are always the last resort on young people.

The pulps of the teeth are so large that if you cut the teeth down enough for crowns, the nerve frequently dies and a root canal is necessary.

If the dentist doesn't cut the tooth down enough, the porcelain will be too thin and break. So this clown left the porcelain thick, and merely cut down the top of the lower incisors, perhaps into the dentin. THERE IS NO WAY TO REPAIR THIS DAMAGE!

Only the most desperate and inexperienced young dentists work for A$pen.

They have no older dentists to mentor them, they are overbooked with patients, and only allowed to use the cheapest dental labs. The result is usually a travesty of treatment.

Review
Cons
  • Quality of service and lack of professional dentists
  • Customer service and pricing
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental Horrible Customer Service

Horrible Horrible Customer Service. Denied my records request for 3 months and I still haven't received them. I was told many lies about they would send them only to find out they had a different reason why they weren't sent, the office manager Tonya told me I had a $30.00 bill that I was responsible for that insurance didn't pay, I found out it was in collection and she had not other responsible for collections. She refused to send them twice because of this. I told them about the horrible customer service and that I didn't appreciate having to cancel two appointment with the new dentist because they wouldn't send out my records, even the office Manager lied to me about having my records send that day and apologize for the actions of the office manager Tonya...I still haven't received them 3 weeks later. This facility doesn't care and the service was horrible even got a infection behind getting a tooth pulled the only service I received.... I'm switching...

If you had gone to a regular dentist, if he did not honor your request for copies of records, he would have been summoned before your state's Board of Dentistry for disciplinary actions.

Boards of Dentistry can only discipline licensed dentists and hygienists, because their worst punishment is license revocation. Because A$pen managers and executives do not have dental licenses, there is NOTHING Boards of Dentistry can do when they violate state practice statutes.

Contact your state legislator and tell him you want your board of dentistry to formulate ownership tests so corporations like A$pen cannot illegally own dental practices. As it is now, they own them, but claim to just "manage" them for dentists who are in reality their employees.

Review
Cons
  • Horrible customer service
$2000

Aspen Dental - Lost for words

Went in for denture replacements was talked into getting upper in plants solely because and their words my insurance is so good I would be crazy not to after Olivia burning up my phone trying to get me in there I agreed and there was a payment plan sign buy me and DR kurt Losier for the balance to be paid$100 a month as I paid double each time never missed a payment at the end of the year I was sent to collections called them several times tried figure out what went wrong my calls were ignored as I still make my monthly payments on time I'm now being sued by Aspen Dental they claim Dr Kurt Losier was not authorized to make any such payment plan on behalf of Aspen Dental so now I have Aspen Dental attorney harassing me out of Ohio I keep asking him to please take me to court they have now sent me a general liability release of claims form for me to sign with no explanation for this my warranty on these implants they say they will not service and I am to not visit Any Aspen Dental/Sensational Smiles Dentistry,PC facility anywhere. All of this with no explanation as to why this is I guess my US dollars that says In God We Trust is not good with this location or Aspen Dental. I would not recommend signing anything with Olivia office manager and Dr. Kurt Losier in regards to any payment plans. Sincerely lost for words !!!

More like at a loss for punctuation.

Unfortunately, this is not the end of your troubles. Expect your A$pen implants to fall out in short order, especially if they are the notorious "mini-implant" type.

Having a complicated thing like an implant done at A$pen is like taking a Jet turbine engine to Jiffy Lube for rebuilding.

Wrong place for the job!

When A$pen wants money from you, there is no end to the harassment. When you are owed a refund from these crooks, it would take Perry Mason for a lawyer in court to get it from them.

Hope you learn your lesson and NEVER go to another Wall-Street-owned corporate clinic again.

This is what happens when you go to aspen dental. Total confusion, getting ripped off beyond words, laughed at by aspen dental and post traumatic stress disorder. Hope you straighten asspen out.

View more comments (2)
Problems with payment

BEWARE AND BE INFORMED! ASPEN DENTAL IN NEWNAN, GA

3.0
Beware! The offer of a free initial visit enticed me to schedule a routine teeth cleaning. While the staff was very friendly and seemingly professional, it took 2 hours for my initial visit for x-rays, hygienist, dentist and office manager to present me with an estimate of over $1,800.00 to have my teeth cleaned. The hygienist had informed me I had significant bone loss and pockets and would need a comprehensive deep cleaning once and then return for a routine cleaning treatment plan. The dentist told me I had a cavity that didn't show up on the x-rays. Didn't take long to see red flags and I decided I would call around for recommendations and after several glowing recommendations visited Yancey Dental in Newnan. Hallelujah! No cavity, no bone loss, no gum disease just a good cleaning by a great hygienist and thorough exam by a professional and caring dentist. Was definitely worth the cost of bite wings, full mouth x-rays and cleaning at a MERE fraction of what Aspen Dental tried to charge me. Not surprising that Aspen Dental's Facebook page does not permit any reviews of less than 4 stars!

I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY FOR THE BEST DENTURES I CANT WEAR THEM STILL THEY DO NOT FIT . THEY MAKE MY GUMS HURT AND I CANNOT WEAR THEM BUT MAYBE 2 hours ....IT WAS A WASTE OF A BUNCH OF MONEY BC MY SONS TOP AND BOTTOM ARE THE SAME AS MINE ITS BAD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEY DO NOT TAKE CARE OF THEIR PATIENTS IF SO THEY WOULD MAKE SURE ARE RIGHT... IF IT MEANS MAKING THEM OVER .

A$pen makes "FREE" the most expensive treatment in town!

There famous trick seems to be inventing cavities. I once saw a college student that had been diagnosed with 13 cavities.

I examined him. There were NO cavities in his mouth.

Simple cleanings become scaling and root planing. Simple extractions become surgical extractions. Fillings become crowns.

Everything is upcoded to bring in money for this sleazy corporate clown club.

But you prevented them for shafting you. Congratulations for being an astute patient!

@Seasoned Dentist

Thanks! Hope the word gets out and future patients do their research!

We really do not appreciate you taking advantage of our free exam offer and then not letting us scam you into expensive and unnecessary treatment!

@AspenManagement

LOL!

h.kitchener

Good move on your part. It's always best to have dental work done by a dentist in private practice rather than a dental mill like Aspen.

@h.kitchener

I knew better LOL! Was not pleased with two general dentists we used over past 10 years but have now found a gem!

@sharjones2001

That's why they have 2,497 complaints on this site alone. They are tens of thousands more all over the web.

View more comments (7)
Review
Cons
  • Overpriced treatment plan for non-existent dental conditions
Unnecessary and pricey treatment

Aspen Dental - Horrific event

I was treated in a way I can only liken to a cattle call. Services I didn't need were pushed upon me. The information provided by my previous dentist was never acknowledged. I was presented a bill (with no services rendered) for more than 2K ( for a treatment plan I didn't agree to). I was raised in a medical environment. Professionalism is a must. These folks provided the antithesis of it. I had to find another dentist due to my emergency. I did call the patient complaint line, and "Nathan" insisted I would receive a call from "Carrie," the local GM. No call ever arrived, and to date, they will not stop emailing me asking for me to make another appointment. No thank you, never again. Good day.

Hey, this is Nathan from Aspen dental. You forgot to leave your credit card number when we spoke earlier.

Please forward the card information to us so we can process payment for your treatment plan. Thanks.

"Cattle call" is an apt description, but "sheep led in to be fleeced" is a better one. The object is to separate patients from as much money as possible, and do it sooner than later.

If possible, before treatment is even begun.

[This is the opposite procedure at an honest dentist's office, where patients pay for treatment as it is completed.]

If you had agreed and forked over the cash, there would be still one surprise left. That is, how hard it was to get an appointment for the treatment you paid for up front.

You would find every time slot you sought was unavailable. What these crooks hope is you will just let them keep your money for doing nothing, give up, and go to a reputable dentist and pay all over again.

Wall Street private equity investors owning dental clinics is not something that is in the public's welfare.

Reason of review
Did not honor my request for dental care.

Aspen Dental in Madison, Wisconsin - Dentist

Took wife there to have a cap put back on, So CALLED Dentist was RUDE OBNOXIOUS CONDESCENDING arrogant self-centered self righteous just all-around a ugly human being appeared to be of Indian descent can't recall his name, He charged us 300,00 $$ took less then 10 mins never cleaned off the tooth no drilling Nothing put some type of foul tasting glue on never used the hardening light said your done and ask her to now leave, 1 week later tooth fell out went back and had to THREATEN law suit to get $$ back went to a reputable dentist had tooth fixed right and have had No problem ever since! My Pet's veterinarian is a better dentist than these clowns do not go there for any reason!!!

To understand A$pen treatment, you only have to understand this. Each and every A$pen dentist wants to get out of there as soon as they can find a better job.

So the only thing they want to do while they are employed by A$pen is maximize their commission. To do this they have to charge as many patients as much as they can.

Thus, a crown recemention like I did today for an emergency patient for $99 morphs into a $300 charge at an A$pen chop shop.

Wall Street private equity scoundrels owning dental clinics instead of licensed dentists is a bad deal for patients every time. Spread the news to all your friend, family, and coworkers.

That dentist knows he will quit and move on next week so he could not care less. It sounds exactly like what happens at all aspen rip-off dental offices.

Bad quality
charged Me and My Insurance company over two thousand dollars to pull one molar and an extensive cleaning, part of my work needed was to make upper and lower dentures, have been there 6 times for fittings and they still can not get it right, so now they are telling Me...
EsteemedHorse108

still not happy to this day.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Lack of concern for patients welfare

Aspen Dental - Not Satisfied

Aspen Dental charges me two different bills,, when basically it was on going process . So I have two interest charges . When I first went there I needed extraction and it went from there. They sent me their Finance person and she got busy placing me with someone (Dental First) to finance the work that had to be done. So I went back for more work and they told me we will this to your current bill not a new one. I went back and their was a new person in Finance., I feel I paid to much and still paying to much. I pay $130.00 a month for a balance $2,580.00 originally it was $4,000. To much for my pocket and sometimes I pay more. Plus my partials don't fit right. I am not going back. NOT SATISFED

Aspen Dental are fleecers. So many things went wrong for my husband and me at this institution that it is truly unbelievable ...

AND WE NEVER GOT THE RESULTS PROMISED OR PAID FOR ... OUR DENTAL SITUATIONS ARE MUCH, MUCH WORSE NOW THAN WHEN WE FIRST WENT!!!

We are a retired couple and now owe thousands to a finance despite my insurance paying thousands already. IT IS A PREDATORY SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

You want partial dentures that fit right? That will cost you plenty of additional money at a joint like A$pen.

Next time you go to A$pen, there might be ANOTHER new finance person.

Nobody with any ethics and self-respect works for these crooked corporate chop shops for long.

That is why billing is always chaos. Employees are always coming and going.

Some steal patient identities before they leave.

The place is run by Wall Street private equity sleaze instead of licensed dentists. Do you really expect any better?

Next time try a private dentist that owns his own practice.

@Seasoned Dentist

Seasoned Dentist....I sure hope people read your posts BEFORE they go to Aspen Dental. I had 7 teeth (last of my teeth) pulled by Aspen.

Waited the 6 months for the permanents. Started the process for the permanents. At this point they owe me 1500.00. Full dentures.

I had so many issues with the temporaries. When you try to tell them what the problem is, they either do not listen or have no clue how to fix them. Cut my losses and moved on to a real dentist, owns their own practice. May never receive a refund, we will see.

The time they take to check the fit at a REAL dental establishment is like night and day difference. This is not my first rodeo but I had no idea that there were dentist that work so unethically.

Thank god I have had dentures made before and knew what they were doing was not right. And thank god I did not need their financing!

@Anonymous

Good to hear of the happy ending to your story. If you only had not lost so much money!

Ask your new dentist about the quantity of bone left in your mouth, particularly on your lower jaw. If marginal, you might ask him about a couple of implants to support the lower denture. Implants help preserve bone. Sometimes I see older denture patients, and they have lost so much bone that dentures don't work anymore.

Once bone is gone, it is next to impossible to regenerate. Do everything you can to preserve the remaining bone, particularly on your lower arch.

Aspen's finance person is usually some bimbo that used to manage the local KFC. They get told to lie and trick every patient they talk to.

View more comments (4)
Pricing issue
Price reduction
I think Aspen dental is very overpriced. All they care about is the money. Their telling me it will cost over $4800 for a cleaning and ONE crown, Outrageous! Im cancelling and going somewhere else. Also they don't even clean your teeth, you have to have their "...

Patients don't save any money at A$pen because:

1. Most of A$pen's fees are higher than mine, and

Most of the treatment I see on plans is unneeded, and

3. The A$pen treatment accomplished is so mediocre it frequently has to be redone completely at patient expense!

You lose three ways at A$pen.

Now you know why Wall Street crooks are so eager to muscle in the dental profession. You know a hedge fund owns A$pen and not licensed dentists, right?

View more comments