dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Never visit an Aspen Dental office. Horrible

Aspen Dental in Longview Texas will not refund my money after charging me in advance for a procedure which was scheduled for one day and after arriving the office manager Sierra have not scheduled properly and lied about completing in one visit. I have called the customer satisfaction team four times and no one has called me back. Not to mention they are charging me for a cleaning which my insurance pays for as a preventative service. I would be embarrassed to have an employee that treated people with such disrespect and is a liar. Other employees in that office were apologizing for her even though were not aware of the problem. They must know how she acts. Worst experience ever.

With some of the lowest salaries in the industry, A$pen must take liars, thieves, and whatever else kind of undesirable employees in this tight labor market.You are right. It is a travesty when patients are billed before a procedure is even performed.

It is FRAUD, pure and simple. No honest dentist bills treatment when it is SCHEDULED. The legal billing date is WHEN THE TREATMENT IS PERFORMED!Boards of Dentistry can't do a thing about such fraud, especially not the politically corrupted Texas board.

Board of dentistry can only punish dentists and hygienists by license suspension and revocations. Neither the investor who own A$pen (illegally) nor the executives who manage A$pen have dental licenses to revoke.LESSON FOR THE FUTURE: NEVER go to dental clinics owned by investors instead of dentists!

Machele

Warning signals should always go off when a dentist charges you in advance. Find a dentist in private practice.

View more comments (1)
Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning

Bad Vibes | Aspen Dental review from San Antonio, Texas

When in for a pre exam, it seems to me that these people only see dollar signs. Im a 60 yr old disabled vet. Went in to request to extract 2 broken teeth n repair partial. I have Humana. By the time I was finished they gave me an 8000. Est. Which left me with 3000. out of pocket. 1st of all I didnt ask for deep cleaning or to work on my lower half. These people dont listen to the pts needs or affordability, they just see u have insurance, n they want ti dig deep into ur pockets n ur teeth. Im on a fixed income so how can I afford all these things they say I need. They r milking my insurance n the pts. This predetermination is unecessary. Very rude n unprofessional!

You might need all the treatment they came up with on that "plan." However, most patients don't. Turning regular cleanings into "'deep scalings and root planings" is this sleazy operation's favorite scam.Look, here is what happens.

You have a garbage insurance plan with a low-paying fee schedule. No hones dentist wants to mess with such plans. Dentists have to turn a profit like any other business. Who messes with garbage plans like Humana?

Thieves like A$pen Dental. To make money, they upcode the treatment you do need and plan all sorts of add-ons to turn a profit.I don't know how much you are paying for this Humana plan.

If nothing, for heaven sakes go out of network to find an honest dentist. If you pay for the plan, drop it, and put the premiums you were paying in a piggy bank designated for dental expenses.By the way, PLEASE get in the habit of practicing prevention so you can save your teeth instead of having them extracted!

Overcharging | Aspen Dental review from Saint Petersburg, Florida

2.6
Trying to get my money back from overcharging. Bad customer service

Worst dental experience EVER! | Aspen Dental review from Tilton, New Hampshire

1.6
So much has happened, they pulled teeth that didn't need pulling, screwed up appointments and now, 3 months later I get another bill! Like everyone else said, they put a treatment plan together and, although I hadn't seen my dentist in a year, I needed $6,000 worth of work. I told them I just wanted a partial so I owed $1285 plus the $2,000 my insurance would pay for 4 teeth pulled and the partial. I agreed, thankfully used Care credit to pay my $1,000 and $285 out of pocket. The was done the 1st week in January. Today, April 6th I get a bill for $985! I called Aspen, they closed early of course, so I called my insurance. Well, come to find out, they have contracted rates they can charge, no more and aspen was overcharging beyond what is allowed! Aspen did not send the necessary paperwork to my insurance so my insurance won't pay it until they do. Aspen, although "closed", left a message while I spoke to ins co that my insurance did pay so I don't owe anything. Well, my insurance has not paid, I did, so they'll take that extra money and hope I don't notice! Monday morning I will call and hopefully receive a credit for over charging me and my insurance company! After seeing all these reviews I see this was not a mistake and I feel terrible for the people that will pay them, not fight and investigate like I did! If they didn't have my permanent denture I would not EVER step foot in the Tilton, NH office EVER again! The office was only nice that 1st appointment to sell me the used car, I mean dental treatment plan. Stay far away or you'll end up getting teeth out you kinda wanted to keep :(

So correct me if I am wrong:1. You went to the fleabag A$pen clinic because they were a "preferred provider" for the junk insurance you have.

You did this thinking you would save money.2. They planned you for one of their FlexiJunk partial dentures (which are very rough on gums) and a lot of other stuff.3. You wisely chose to skip all the other stuff, but get the cheap FlexiJunk partial.4. Much to your surprise, they charged you as much for the Flexijunk partial as any honest dentist would charge for a quality cast metal framework partial.5.

You had to waste time calling your insurance company trying to find out what happened.6. You will waste even more time calling A$pen corporate HQ and trying to get that refund. If you ever get it, it could be months from now.7.

When your gums shrink, you will discover that your Flexijunk partial can't be relined or modified.Given all the above, did you REALLY save any money going to a fleabag corporate dental clinic on your insurance list???Geez, patients kill me. They spend a dime trying to save a penny!

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance

Never again | Aspen Dental review

I had a 7 45 apt. Didnt see doctor till about 9. Then i had to come back at 10 30 ti get the tooth pulled. Well an hour later and im still waiting to have the tooth pulled. I lost a mornings work and pissed off myssupervisor because it was only suppose to be the morning. They new i wanted it pulled before i even came in the office.

Sad that people like you only want their precious teeth pulled. And after you lose your teeth, you will complain about not being able to wear dentures.Flim-flam outfits overbook patients so the dentists will be ultra-busy every moment of the day.

This overbooking results in long waits when all the patients show up. It's what you get with fleabag corporate dental outfits.I would tell you to go to a competent dentist who owns his own practice.

Trouble is, good dentists really don't want patients who only want to come in once in a blue moon to have teeth pulled. Such people never make good patients.

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction
Order processing issue

Don't waste your money here-go to a real dentist! | Aspen Dental review from Williston, Vermont

There staff are rude and dishonest. They quote you a price for dental work, even put it in writing then refuse to honor. Turns out that was a good thing. The 2 teeth they supposedly got rid of cavity, i have had to have a real dentist work on as they did not remove all of the cavity. I am glad i took my business elsewhere once they refused to honor their original quote. Had i continued to get work done there, it would just have to be redone by a qualified dentist. Do not waste your time ir money with this place. In the end you will save yourself time, money and lots of pain if you skip this place and spend the extra money on a real dentist.
Not as described/ advertised

Charged for procedure that was never done | Aspen Dental review from Cheektowaga, New York

I went to Aspen dental back in December 2017, I needed my wisdom teeth removed so we scheduled a procedure for December 15th, they said it would process through their credit card and I would then make payments on it. Well I ended up not going for my procedure and cancelled my appointment, and told them I wasn't interested in rescheduling...few months later and it turns out they processed the 1,069$ procedure with their credit card, and ruined my credit completely, I went from 730 to 435..I am LIVID!!! I called them last week and they said they apologize and they'll refund the money but I haven't gotten any update and I checked my credit and it's still completely destroyed!!! How do I go about this? Do I file a lawsuit? I need help and answers this is ridiculous I'm only 21 years old and they completely robbed me.

Unlike virtually every other dentist, A$pen will bill for procedures before they are even performed! Why?One reason might be office staff are bonused based on commission.

If they are short the collections to make bonus for the month, they just bill a procedure that is scheduled to do. The have no problem with this being unethical!Let's see how long it takes you to get that refund.

A$pen is famous for sitting on credit balances for months at a time without issuing a refund. Think this shyster outfit might be cash-strapped?Plenty of honest independent dentists can remove your wisdom teeth more economically and competently than A$pen.

No attempts were ever made either by telephone, mail, text message or e-mail as "payment reminders" et al. ?

... it's virtually impossible that you were unaware of collection efforts until the ship sank ; even then, how did it "turn out" that this became a black hole in your credit record ?

... and you had darned well better get that promise in writing.

@William

Haha......first of all, I was contacted by a bill collector two months ago and I had told them I never had the procedure done, and I was billed for something I never went through with and they said they would file a dispute, and apparently they never did because two weeks ago I was contacted and they said I still owed it.......they were mailing bills to my old address and I never received a email stating that I owed anyone anything......I told collections several times that I had never had the procedure done and they said to contact Aspen dental I contacted them and they said they apologize and they will file a refund but as for my credit they said I need to fix it on my own...I didn't check my credit score until yesterday because I was applying for a credit card and that's when I realized their illegal billing had completely screwed my credit. So yes I told them several times I never went through with it, yes I talked to the people at Aspen and they have been no help. Yes I talked to collections and explained my issue, yes I talked to *** customer service about this and I've just gotten nowhere, it's not fair for me to have to suffer because they decided to charge me for something that was never done.

@Anonymous

But that is what they routinely do- charge patients for procedures that have never been performed yet.They know either of these will happen: 1. The patient will have second thoughts and not have Aspen do the procedure, or 2.

Aspen will make it so hard to get an appointment that the patient will give up. Either way, a certain percentage of patients will just pay the money for doing nothing, and let Aspen keep the money.That, my friend, is how crooked Wall Street investors operate.

@Dental Advocate

Yeah well I told them if it wasn't removed I'm getting a attorney, and sure enough they refunded the amount and took care of any remaining fees, I wasn't going to sit back and pay a *** ton of money for something that never happened , It just sucks that theirs people that are that *** out there

@Anonymous

Notify NYS Attorney Generals Office of this.

View more comments (5)
Aspen Dental Customer Care
3.0
I got comfilyte dentures from Aspen dental and so far they are a great denture. Comfortable, light and look great after two years. Went back to Aspen dental in Goodyear, Az because 2 years later the bottom plate felt a little loose. I refused an x-ray because I told...

I agree 7 year warranty a joke! Had my dentures under 2 years front tooth fell out !

They would not or could not find a copy of the 7 year warranty! Big run around had to call corporate today everyone at lunch or meeting , no wonder there are pending lawsuits

View more comments
Aspen Dental Dental Services
Pros
  • Care and product
Cons
  • Warranty
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Beware!! | Aspen Dental review

4.8
Aspen Dental located in Jackson, Tn service was great. I have no problem with this office. Dental First/Comenity Capital Bank is where the problem lies. Their interest rate is very high, which this rate was explained to me if i didnt pay it off by a certain time. My intentions was to pay it off but things happen. How in the world is you going to get ahead with interest $75 added to your bill every month on top of the extra 2,000 interest that was added on after the promotional period. What a total rip off! Then they harass you by calling your phone all day on up until 9pm. Ct. They even go as far as calling you restricted all day every day. I have never done business with a company like this. Once i get out of this mess i will never do business with them again!

You signed the paperwork that explains the cost of interest on the amount.

If A$pen were really a quality operation like you seem to believe, why would they push a swindler's outfit like Dental First on you? Especially when there are more honest lenders like CareCredit and Lending Club around? Because A$pen is complicit in the scam, that is why!Crooked corporate dental chains use crooked finance companies.

View more comments (1)

Absolutely god awful | Aspen Dental review

There is nothing that can be done. Absolutely awful experience and unprofessional. Walked in uncomfortable and wanted to leave half way through. I would never recommend this establishment to anyone ever. All they want is money from you, i dont trust them with my teeth. They claimed that i need all of these things done when in fact nothing needed to be done other than a cleaning. 30 xrays? I mean come on. And cleaning all the equipment and making me stand against a wall while they do it? Are you trying to prove to yourself or me that this a cleanly enviornment? Also who makes somone stand near the wall. I am an adult ask for me to kindly step outside and wait for you. This company is money hungry. Told me i have tmj while putting severe pressure on my face... yeah a jaw will probably crack at that point. All lies...i just have absolutely nothing positive to say about the entire experience and i will be going elsewhere and will make all friends and family aware. The only good part was the manager she was nothing but kind, and the only reason i left not livid.

That is pretty strange inviting a patient to the operatory while it is still being disinfected. Guess their waiting room was overloaded.My biggest x-ray series is only 18 films.

Can't imagine taking 30 films on one patient in one visit. Must have goofed up the aim in a lot of shots and had to retake them.Good decision walking out. As Williams says below, you really dodged a bullet.

They might have done an unecessary filling that resulted in needing a root canal later. I have seen it many time!

Machele

Find a local dentist in private practice and pay for an exam. You said you walked into Aspen being "uncomfortable." I assume you were complaining about pain in the mouth/jaw, etc.

You might very well be grinding your teeth or have a problem like that.

A good local dentist can help you for alot cheaper than Aspen. Good luck.

Since you are an adult, act like one ; valid complaints are one thing, your bellyaching is another ... read the reviews of Aspen Dental on this website to truly see what kind of a bullet you have dodged ... you're lucky to have walked out of there with your face intact and your wallet still in your pocket - you gave no real valid complaint and listed no damages so I'd say you got off easy.

View more comments (2)