Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental - Discouraging and feeling like is all about the upfront payment {PRIMARILY}

On March 8 ,2018, I made an appointment to see the hygienist so I thought. Last seen at Aspen dental located off 200 location was two yrs.ago for an emergency tooth ache-which was extracted after having me pay 100.00. Mind you I have full dental insurance coverage...but they NEVER seem to except this process. Unfortunately, they are who my benefits provide. This is the reason for waiting so long, until March 8,2018.They insisted are taking x-rays and so I complied, the dentist suggested I may want braces.I declined and stated clearly the reason once again..I simply wanted my teeth cleaned since it has been a while. Quickly after the exam, she proceeded to state that I had one cavity which was fine and that was the conclusion of the exam and I was sent out to see Jen Gonzalez the financial consultant to explain further that I needed to pay up front over 200.00 and that I cannot have basic cleaning anymore..continued on to say that my left side would be done first..then set up an appoint for my right side to be done..then another appointment to complete the upper mouth for the deep cleaning procedure. I am retired on a fixed income. They wouldn't see me again until funds were paid up front..regardless of my dental insurance plan. Dr.Molly Stanford never bothered to check if I were to come back nor did they cared..really. Upon going home I was saddened by this. I felt a sense of hopelessness and helplessness. I witness an elderly person walking out of the establishment while in the waiting room upset. I don't understand if you have full coverage they should be allowed to treat any patient this way. What now, I ask myself. Something has to change in the financial dept. Would I have to pay up front everytime I go!?

If you have a dental policy that specifies A$pen Dental, it is a junk policy which is not worth the money you pay for it.You don't just get a "cleaning" like you get a car washed. You MUST have an exam first to see what your oral conditions are.

Any exam MUST include x-rays.If it has been "quite a while," you may or may not need a "simple cleaning." If you have tartar deposits deep under your gums that require numbing to remove, a simple cleaning is useless. Whether or not you need a simple cleaning or a deep scaling has nothing whatever do do with what you can afford. You need what you need.Gum therapy may or may not be the most important thing you need. If they find you have a big cavity going into the nerve of the tooth, THAT would be the most important thing.All that being said, A$pen's favorite scam is to recommend deep scalings for people that don't need it.

Another horrible thing they do is demand complete payment up front for all planned treatment. No honest dentist does that.Here is your mistake. You purchased garbage dental insurance which pays ridiculously low fees. No honest dentists want to mess with it.

The only people that do are crooks like A$pen. To turn a profit, they upcode procedures and plan unnecessary treatment. They collect a ton of money up front, then make it hard to get appointments.WHAT TO DO: Drop the crummy dental plan you are wasting money on.

Go to an honest dentist. If needs be, drive to a dental school or dental hygiene school for treatment.

@Seasoned Dentist

Thank you for your feedback. I can do that but why if I have a great dental plan that I have worked so hard to get and have full coverage.

Why would anyone do this when most people may not have dental insur. at all. Is absurd to say the least. I need to find a better dentist office though but not all except my insur.

plan. That is my delemma..not my insurance plan.

@Caroline cruz

If you have an insurance plan that only includes rascals on it like A$pen, Great Expressions, and other chop shops, you assuredly DO NOT have a good insurance plan. You have a low-paying joke of an insurance plan. That is why no honest dentists sign up to treat patients on it.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1208929 Review #1208929 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Lack of professionalism
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental - Very unhappy customer

Was supposed to have two extractions done the same day, one done completely the other was a root canal pull, dentist broke tooth down to the gums left in dire pain for two weeks from the event, kept telling me a surgeon had to remove the rest, why was it not done that way from the beginning, knowing it was a root canal pull, still have not gotten a call back for the surgeon to remove the tooth, I call everyday and they tell me I will get back to you later today or the next day with appointment, and still nothing, I have been eating ibuprofen like they are candy, have taken over 100 tablets in this time, something needs to be done asap, I don't want to take legal action but I will, I attended the aspen dental in Cookeville TN. And it all was all ready paid for, so why is it not taken care of yet....

Bad decision you made to go to a crummy corporate chop shop instead of a real dentist.EVERY dentist who graduates knows teeth with root canals are fragile and can shatter during extraction, making the surgery a whole lot more difficult. So honest dentists don't try them in the first place unless they are prepared for a surgical extraction.Young dentists A$pen employs have scant surgical experience.

Yet they are hounded to charge out every procedure they think they might be able to do. So your dentist tried it, failed, and had to bale on the procedure. A$pen never wants to give your money back, so they keep you waiting for that surgeon who will only work at A$pen twice a month or so.

(Working at A$pen is a last resort for the most dentists.)A good number of A$pen patients get so desperate they pay another dentist again to finish the job A$pen goofed up. This is the outcome A$pen desires most- getting to keep your money for doing nothing.

Review
#1208391 Review #1208391 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Order processing issue

Aspen Dental - Pissed mom

They cancelled three times while my baby has been in pain.then make us wait over two hours before being seen they were rude.and then paid a ton to get one tooth pulled..Never going back ever again....they didn't even bother saying they were running behind.hello tell waiting room what's going On!!!!!!
Review
#1208351 Review #1208351 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental - They don't really have warranty

I got a cap put on they said they had one year warranty but the cap came off like a month later and I went back to have it fixed and they wanted to charge me for fixing it. Why would i pay you when you messed it up the first time. So i went some where else.

A$pen makes crowns the cheapest way they can- most of the time by cheap labs in China. Cement does not stick to milled Zirconia very well.

Unless tooth preparation and the impression is perfect, crowns do not stay on. Also problematic are teeth that are very short. They don't have enough surface area for bonding.Sometimes crowns that contain metal are better for the situation.

This may have been true in your case if it was a back tooth.Find a regular dentist who owns his practice instead of using another corporate chop shop. Don't think clip joints like Coast, Dental One, or Great Expressions will be much better.

Do you know anything about affordable dentures in Greenville SC

@The big 4000.00 scam

Why are you so intent on going to one *** denture mill after being fleeced another? Why does the thought of going to a regular dentist never cross your mind????To answer your question, look up Affordable Dentures on this very website and read through all the complaints.

doesn't matter what location it is.

It is run by the same money-grubbing private equity investors.Dude, making decent dentures takes a good materials, a lot of time, and a lot of experience. You just ain't going to get any of these at a corporate chain clinic!

View more comments (2)
Review
#1207686 Review #1207686 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Warranty issue

Aspen Dental in Taylors, South Carolina - The Big $4000.00 Scam

This all started August 2016. Had 8 teeth extracted and a lower partial made. It does not fit, I repeat it does not fit. They now tell me for it to fit they must do a upper partial on each side of my mouth. Had a tooth filled it fell out in 24 hrs, refill it fell out in 36 hours, tooth not filled. Was told it can’t be filled. We have been back many time to no avail. We have contacted BB they have replied they will discount upper partials. I never want to go back to Aspen Dental again. We need for them to give us some of our money back so I can get some teeth that fits. They advertise “Money Back Gaurantee”.

Any partial that is done soon after extractions will not fit very well. And virtually nobody in the US makes a two partials for an arch.

It is a choking hazard.No A$pen I know of has silver amalgam filling material for dentists to use. Amalgam is the most durable filling material other than cast gold inlays, which are expensive. If they concluded the tooth could not be filled (probably not true), why did they try to fill it to start with?After chronicling everything A$pen could not do for you successfully, thinking about it, what can they do right?

Make your money disappear. That is what they are really good at.

Review
#1207522 Review #1207522 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Aspen Dental - took my money and pulled all my teeth in 5 min or less..

why do they get away with this kind of bad work, i had to get my gums cut open 2 times and have the bone filed down because they did such a bad job ! i spent 6 days in a coma in Conway hospital and a total of about 37 days total in the hospital.i still have no teeth in my mouth ! please help me so we can all get a lawyer to sew this company !! i had to get 4 other surgery after that to correct the problem !after they took all the x rays and looked at my mouth then pulled all my teeth then they told us that my pallet was not shaped good enough to have any dentures to fit in my mouth !

We honest dentists tell patients until we are blue in the face that complete dentures are not a good treatment option. Yet hardheaded patients don't believe us and continue to neglect their teeth.Why you went to a chop shop like A$pen for this complicated treatment is beyond comprehension.

It's not like there aren't a ton of good dentists to go to.Sounds like you finally got a competent surgeon on the job to clean up the mess.

Hope you manage to adapt to good dentures. Expect upper and lower dentures to cost between $3500-4000.

Order processing issue

Aspen Dental in Cape Coral, Florida - What a rip off.

2.2
They only want patients that need dentures They’re not a professional business Don’t go here

Worse that that, they take patients with teeth that can be saved and convince them to have all of them yanked outA$pen started years ago in Syracuse as a yank-teeth-and-place-full denture mill, and it never has shaken that dubious heritage.A$pen Gyp Joint- What you get when Wall Street private equity *** muscles in the dental profession in order to make a quick buck. Patients beware!

Review
#1206034 Review #1206034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service
On 03/07/18, my 93 yo mom had a dental appointment for cleaning at 2p at the Aspen on 15450 PCB Pkwy, Panama City Beach, FL. We came signed in and sat down. The receptionist smiled and acknowledged us, but was talking to another customer over the phone (appointment...

A cheap outfit like A$pen probably only books 30 minutes for cleanings. 7 minutes late equals 23% of you mom's appointment time.

In real dentists' office the usual time is 45 minutes to one hour allotted for a simple cleaning.By the way, all the Medicare supplemental dental plans are low-paying garbage that no decent dentists want to be a part of.

Save your mother's money and just pay cash for things like routine dental. Go to dentists on this plan and your mother will end up with bottom-of-the-barrel dentists.

Review
#1205962 Review #1205962 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Not coming back to that office. Wil find another dentist for my mom.
Tags
  • Bad Customer Experience

Aspen Dental - Not happy’

Very bad experience! I got my denture in May 2016. I have been in pain every day for almost two years! I kept going back, with no cooperation! They finally told me that they had done their part and there was nothing else they could do for me!!!! I paid 1500 dollars for my upper denture! They say satisfaction guaranteed! I’m not satisfied! Don’t ever go to Aspen Dental!

$1500 is not a lot for a denture. Fees in my area from regular dentists run between $1600 and $2000.

Making a quality denture is a lot of work, spanning at least 5 appointments. Plus about 4 appointments of adjustments.Cheap dentures places may not include any adjustment appointments. Places like A$pen prioritize appointments based on profitability, and denture adjustments are dead last.

So denture adjustment patients get pushed to the back of the line.You might be one of those rare patients that can't tolerate any denture in your mouth. That is why we dentists discourage patients from extracting all their teeth.

Review
#1205948 Review #1205948 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Pinellas Park, Florida - Very disappointed

1.8
My husband got his pld pud last feb 26 i think and he got home and told me that they asked him to pay 558 for it well infact we have our dental first finacing already.called tge office mark insisted that we really had to pay. Few days after called them again and was transferred to danealle ir danella and after ling hours of her reviewing papers. I guess she said you are right you should have not paid and told me to just go to the office and bring the card and theyll refund us.so we went there monday mark let me wait for more than hour and only to tell me that he doesnt know how to do it..SERIOUSLY?? He should have told that earlier instead of letting me wait.and untill now im trying to call them they will put me onhold for a long time only to say he is still busy.i dont think its appropriate.this people are shame to this place.the dentist are good but your front staff and manager Mark needs to go back to school to learn good manners honesty and needs to learn good attitude.we have already cancelled my other procedures and so with my daughters.we are just waiting for his feelings yo be done and the refund,,for how long??huh who knows???

How long to wait before the refund? As long as A$pen can hold on to your money.

This outfit is cash-strapped and the interest on its debt is rising.Any money A$pen gets is sucked into a black hole vortex called the A$pen corporate bank account. Just like a black hole in deep space, the gravitational attraction is so strong only a Herculean force could break the money loose.Lady get your kids out of that corporate *** chain clinic as soon as possible. The dentist you like so much will be gone in no time anyway. No dentist wants to associate with this clip joint for long.

No telling how much unncessary treatment you and your daughters have already been subjected to.Florida has two dental schools, one public and one private. Your state has no shortage of good licensed dentists.What is a "pld pud" by the way?

@Seasoned Dentist

PLD= partial lower denturePUD= partial upper denture

View more comments (1)
Review
#1205674 Review #1205674 is a subjective opinion of poster.