Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental - Teeth care/finance/extraction/doctor

Milledgeville Ga, In September of 2017 I went to aspen dental for help I was having A TOOTH ACHE problem! They could not get me in as an emergency? I hung in till my appointment came around. When I finally got in I had had a tooth ache for weeks (sleeping,eating,etc) this was an emergency! The doctor examined me said I had 13 cavities and periodontal? Would not help me with the tooth ache but said they could fix my teeth with a $10.000 plus charge for what they said was an intense wash at 19.99% I said I could not afford that because I live on a fixed income. They offered no other options? I said I have a TOOTH ACHE AND I GUESS AN EXTRACTION IS WHAT i HAVE TO DO? AGAIN NO HURRY? BY THE TIME I CAME BACK FOR THE EXTRACTION I HAD ANOTHER TOOTH PROBLEM. WENT IN AND THEY PUT ME OFF AGAIN? I HAD HAD A TOOTH ACHE FOR GOING ON A MONTH. FINALLY GOT IN TO SEE THE DOCTOR SHOWED HER THE TOOTH SHE EXTRACTED TWO OF MY TEETH. THE TOOTH ON THE TOP WOULD NOT HEAL RIGHT? I WENT BACK AS AN EMERGENCY AS I WAS HAVING A TOOTH ACHE WHERE SHE HAD PULLED THE TOOTH ON THE TOP. PAIN OMG BUT AN EMERGENCY TO THEM NO. FINALLY GOT BACK IN THE CHAIR SAME DOCTOR SHE SAID MY GAW WAS DENSE AND THIS COULD LAST UO TO SIX MONTHS??? SHE PUT SOME KIND OF PACKING IN PLACE WHERE THE TOOTH WAS AND THEN ASKED TO LEAVE WITH A TOOTH ACHE?IT'S NOW MARCH 22 2018 STILL HAVING A TOOTH ACHE. I NEED HELP FROM ANYONE THAT WILL HELP ME THIS IS AWFUL AND YES LEGAL ACTION IS WHAT I WANT DONE TO HER.FIRST I WANT HELP WITH MY TEETH THIS IS CAUSING OTHER PROBLEMS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?

It is quite difficult when a patient lets their teeth decays for years and everything hits at once. It's like never doing any maintenance on a car, then cursing the mechanic when everything falls apart at the same time and costs a lot of money.When you make a boneheaded move like having your precious teeth extracted you sometimes get dry socket.

This is nobody's fault and no grounds for any lawsuit. You got to go back every couple of days and have the socket repacked until it heals.MORAL OF THE STORY: Take care of your teeth so you don't get toothaches. Save them instead of ripping them out of your skull.

Lastly, go to a decent independent dentist and not some crooked corporate clown club like A$pen. Even so, don't expect any dentist anywhere to inconvenience faithful regular patients to accommodate someone who waits until it hurts to come for treatment!

Review
Cons
  • Lie have no conscience
  • Being in pain
  • Doctor
several issues
Loss
Tags
  • Poor Treatment
  • Overpriced Services

Aspen Dental - Deceptive practice

2.2
My husband was told several times that he has very nice teeth but needed his wisdom teeth taken out plus one molar. Surgery went well, he went back for a follow up, healing well. He tried to make another appointment for a cleaning but was told he had to get a 3 part series cleaning which would cost $2000 out of pocket. Mind you; he has dental insurance that pays 100% of 2 cleanings a year but not at Aspen Dental, they obviously want all that your insurance will pay and then your whole life savings too. Since he has such nice teeth why can't they just do a regular 6 month cleaning?

Short answer: Even with 30 minute appointments and taking unnecessary x-rays and overselling $125 electric toothbrushes, A$pen won't net as much income as if they could bill your for an unnecessary scaling and root planing. It is this clown club's favorite scam perpetrated on its patient-victims.There is a slight chance your husband has gum disease with periodontal pocketing and tartar deep under the gums that requires anesthesia to remove. There is always the chance that Hailey's Comet will return to earth early as well.Why a guy like your husband with "nice teeth" went to a one-stop chop shop like A$pen, instead of an honest independent dentist, is a mystery beyond human comprehension.

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Snellville, Georgia - Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde

2.0
My mom was beyond pleased and comfortable that the doctor would make sure she was handled and taken care of. He even gave her his personal number to report any problems. He set up a follow up appointment himself. As she waited for an hour and never being called back, he looked dumbfounded and didn't remember setting up the appointment himself. He explined the problem and he simply demanded all he could do was give her a refund instead of righting the issue at hand. She said he actually seemed like a different man the 2nd time she saw him. I'm extremely disappointed by the experience my mom had here.

Hmm. You probably saw this dentist the first week he started working there.

At that time he honestly believed he was employed by a legitimate operation, not an organized crime syndicateCorporate management made it plain what his impossible revenue goals were to be. Plus he found out what crummy supplies and instruments he had to work with. He realized he was being triple-booked with patients by the bonus-starved office manager. He found out the horrible quality of lab work he was going to get from the cheap Chinese labs A$pen uses.He figured out how small his pay is going to be with the crummy commission A$pen gives, compared to his monthly payments on his enormous student loan debt.

The crushing realities of life hit him like a brick wallSo your old Dr. Jekyll is now a burned out Mr. Hyde.

He is depressed, and doesn't give a s _ _ t about A$pen patients. Happens to some A$pen dentists sooner than others, but it always happens.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Dalton, Georgia - ADDING INSULT TO INJURY!!!

Went to Aspen Dental today on a rear molar tooth that needs a root canal and crown. Was in a great deal of pain from exposed nerve. The dentist (female) was continually over bearing about needing other dental work outside of what was needed today. For obvious reasons, was not in the mood to continually go over something that was not the focus for why I was there today. For future reference, when you have a patient that is experiencing pain in one area---You may want to focus on doing your best to deal with that area first! To add insult to injury, we move past what's needed procedure wise (root canal/ crown)--- to the cost before the procedure is done. She shifts me out of the room, where procedures are taken place, to the finance rep. (finance cubicle) There the finance rep discloses that the dentist has passed on information about my frustration with how she dealt with me. Which should have never happened. Secondly, the finance rep discloses that the fee for root canal/crown will be 3000.00 !!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Whats worse is this, I go home and do some research on Careington 1, a local network source membership that you can join for 99.00 per year and the root canal cost (ADA CODE 3310) IS $ 294.00 !!! The porcelain crown cost (ADA CODE 2752) is $483.00!!! Guess who is a a network provider to the Careington 1 network???? You guessed it ...ASPEN DENTAL!!!Please do your homework before you are swooned into these ridiculous fee schedules!!! ITS MORE THAN OBVIOUS THAT THEY ARE MAXING OUT HARD WORKING, HONEST INDIVIDUAL'S INSURANCE PREMIUMS WITH OVER PRICED SERVICES!!! I'M NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL !!! PLEASE SEE LINKS BELOW TO LOOK AT CAREINGTON 1 DENTAL NETWORK PROVIDER LIST AND "ACTUAL COST" TO COMPARE AS MENTIONED ABOVE. https://careington1.com/careington-500-plan/ https://careington1.com/dentists/

You are living in Fanstasyland if you think any dentist will do a molar root canal for $294 and a crown for $483. I charged more than that when I was starting out in the early 1980s!!!!My fees aren't high for Topeka, and they total $2250 for a molar root canal, amalgam buildup, and porcelain crown.

(By the way, cast metal crowns are cheaper AND better!)These stupid discount dental plans like Carington are as big as scam as corporate clinics like A$pen Dental.

Nobody but crooks participate in these money-losing discount scams because they would lose money. What will happen is you will be charged all sorts of ancillary fees to make up for the cheap price.

@Seasoned Dentist

Seasoned Car dealer: To your responce:The true total cost to the molar root canal, amalgam buildup, and porcelain crown in Chattanooga Tennesee with the leading Endodontics firm in Chattanooga is www.seendo.net...which did the molar root canal for 1182.00 minus 25% through Careington1 plan...Total cost on root canal 887.00 . Out the door, no extra fees...I made sure of that before i set appointment...Secondly the amalgam buildup, and porcelain crown. 511.00 true cost out the door provided i had the X-Rays beforehand...1398.00 out the door...work is already done.

@Cardinal22

$887 is about what I charge, and what a lot of independent dentists charge cash patients WITHOUT the stupid discount plan. AND a lot of them don't charge for gas and other sundries like Endodontists do.

$887 is a LONG way from the $294 you said you were SUPPOSED to pay with your Cariengton plan. What happened to that fee? What happened is code 3310 was an ANTERIOR root canal fee, not a molar. You quoted the wrong ADA code and thought a molar was supposed to be done that cheap.The only type of crown you will get for $483 is garbage lab work from China like A$pen does.

Oh, for that price they will probably charge you a separate lab fee that jacks the price up.

And if they don't do a decent crown buildup on the root canal tooth before the crown, the whole thing will break off at the gumline. Seen it happen many times.

@Seasoned Dentist

Responce: The bottome line is that is that 1398.00 is a *** of a long way from 3000.00 and your qoute art 2250.00!

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Obviously overpriced unprofessional service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Dalton Georgia

Aspen Dental - Won't reverse credit card payment.

1.5
I paid for a service at the time of check in with a credit card. I did not have this procedure done and asked if this charge would be removed from my card. I was told it was no problem and it would be removed. I asked it she needed my card and she said, no that she could easily remove the charge. I assumed that it would be done. The next day the charge was still on my card. I called the office and was now told that it would have to be OKed by the corporate office before it could be removed, which would take one billing cycle.

Amazing how every negative review is met with a "positive" and angry reaction! Wow.

How stupid do you workers think the public is? We get *** service and you get your money, that's all you care about!

Can't handle the negative reviews? Be decent dentists!!

In deep space, there are Black Holes where the gravitational pull is so strong that any physical matter that comes close is sucked into it. No force in the universe can pull anything out of a Black Hole.On planet earth, we have a Black Hole called the Aspen Corporate Bank Account.

Any patient that comes into an Aspen clinic has their cash sucked into the Corporate Bank Account Black Hole.

No lawyer, no government official, no force in the universe can pry the cash out of the Aspen Black Hole once it has been sucked in. You would have to suspend the laws of physics to get it out!

View more comments (1)
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
3.0
I am on Social Security Disability. It should come as no surprise that money is very tight. So when I had to have full dentures put in (which family paid for because I couldn't) we bought their best set they offered. It came with a7 year warranty. After two years they...

The "Best A$pen offers" is not nearly as good as the worst denture the average independent dentist makes on a really bad day.A$pen's ComfyJunk dentures are made out of a flexible material for no good reason other than to fleece patients out of more money. The nylon-like material does not bond that well to denture teeth so they frequently pop out.

Another bad thing about them is they are difficult to impossible to reline.You are old news, now, grandpa. The shysters got your money. Try to corner them with their worthless "warranty." You will not get anywhere.

And guess what? Because you used a clinic illegally owned by investors who are not dentists, your state Board of Dentistry cannot do a thing to help!Bad mistake going to a flim-flam outfit like A$pen for dentures instead of an experienced and honest independent dentist.

View more comments
Warranty issue

Aspen Dental Promo Spring 2016

Did anyone fall into this scam? FREE EXRAY, FREE EXAM, FREE CLEANING & 6 MONTHS FREE FINANCING! NEED HELP QUICKLY! THANK yOU!

Aspen Dental - Complaint / refund

I went today to have tooth pulled everyone was nice till i got there and they demanded $20 to even see me while waiting i heard several racist comments about " poor white folk wanted something for free" then a man in the next roon making vulgar comments about the sound of a drill i suppose sounding like a viberater and was getting turned on by the sound and the staff was talking vulgar with him. Doctor was very rude to me said she wasnt ginna do anyting because i couldnt afford her services and that i would need $257 just to pull my tooth and it had to be paid today! I ask what did i pay $20/for today and she wouldnt answer me at first then said shed write me a antibiotic when i ask for refund. Then she laughs and tells the nurse that i could never pay her enough to touch me amd she didnt deal with poor white folks b3cause it was a waste of her time. It was so much said and done besides helping me get any releif ! And no i did not want pain meds ! All i wanted was to be numbed and a tooth pulled! And to be respected! Never again will i go back! And i will tell everyone i know! TO NEVER GO THERE!

Aspen Dental - Bad experience

Went to my first appt and waited 3 hours just to be seen. I seen the dentist for a total of 5 minutes. Went back 2 days later begging them to pull my tooth because I was in so much pain. The dentist was rough and did not tell me what she was going to do. After I got home and my numbness went away I figured out that they pulled the WRONG tooth! They pulled a perfect tooth! Went back the next day and told me it was the correct tooth that they pulled. IT WAS NOT! They tried to tell me that my bad tooth was in good condition, to cover their self up!!!!

I have been a patient at Aspen Dental in Lexington, SC for almost a year and have had several appts with them due to a diagnosis of gum disease. They have been doing the deep under the gum cleanings about every 3 months.

I had originally gone to them as a new patient because I wanted to get started on some major dental work such as veneers and tooth implants but none of this has been done because they only want to follow their own agenda and are very resistant to what the patient wants. The female dentist told me at my first appt that veneers were it a good idea due to them coming off and she told me that I would not be a candidate for a tooth implant where I wanted it and would need a denture instead. Today, I was there to have the bonding on 2 of my canine teeth and told them that I wanted the bonding to be lighter than they thought that it should because I want a brighter smile and plan on having the permanent crowns beside the replaced in the near future. The male dentist pretty much refused my request and only did one of my canine.

The work looks poor and dark so I am no better off and will get it redone somewhere else. I feel like it is my money and insurance and I am the one enduring the painful novacaine injections and so it should be up to me how bright my newly bonded tooth is so I will be looking for a new, more flexible practice!

@Anonymous

For heaven's sake don't even THINK of letting this band of henchmen do an implant on you! Get an oral surgeon or a general dentist with surgical experience to do a CAT scan on your jaw to see if there is enough bone for an implant.With the cheap crummy labs A$pen uses, you would not want crowns or veneers from this outfit, anyway!When you go shopping for a new dentist PLEASE ignore all the fleabag corporate outfits, as well as any charlatans that advertise on TV.

Look for an independent guy or gal that is recommended by actual PEOPLE you meet. Ex-military dentists usually have lots of skills not generally taught in dental schools outside residencies.

View more comments (1)
Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Brunswick, Georgia - Stuck me with a bill

2.4
October of last year i had dental surgery at the Brunswick Georgia location. Well one of the employee stuck her finger with one of my needles. So the office manager gave me a form to cover the cost and ask me would i mind taking a HIV? I told him no problem. Took the test, everything negative. Took the results back to them. Come to find out they didn't pay the bill for almost 500.00 and i got stuck with it. I have been calling leaving messasges no body contacted me back. My next move is a lawyer.

Yeah they need to pay for that. That happened to me when I worked for Aspen so I know they are supposed to cover it--they did for me, and the sweet lady that went and got tested--you guys didn't have to do that but it gives us so much peace of mind that you did!

To me, this sounds like disorganization at the corporate office rather than deception. Have you called the corporate office?

The Patient Satisfaction Line would probably be the best number to get help. If not, small claims court would probably be the best and cheapest route for you since it's not that much money to file a claim.

@anonomous

LOL- "Call Corporate office." To wait 30 minutes and be hung up on?

That is one of the most outrageous things I have read on this forum.It is standard procedure to pay for a patient's HIV test when a staff member gets stuck. After all, it was the staff's clumsiness that caused the accident.Next I guess they will deny they requested you go for an HIV test.

Crooks will always try to cheat people out of money. The private equity swindlers that own A$pen are no different.$500 sure seems like a lot for an HIV test, however.

View more comments (2)