Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Fort Walton Beach, Florida - Don't use them... dental firs finance is a ripoff

You can look and see all the trouble my wife and i had woth aspen dental, well tjey use dental firdt finance and they are a ripoff company! Afyer paying the bill off in full, today i get a bill from them... they are nuts! This one will ho to court. After paying in full, and recieving a letter saying its paid in full, they dont get another penny!
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental is a scam

I went to Aspen Dental over a month ago to have 8 teeth removed to be replace with dentures. One tooth was decayed to the root. I was not provided antibiotics and ended up getting an infection. Did not receive an antibiotic until the 3rd day after I demanded a prescription. I still do not have fitting dentures. Every week I go back, the dentures still don't fit. I have been out of work over a month due the pain & swelling. I work at a call center & my mouth is the tool I need to work with. The dentist did not fill out the leave from work paperwork correctly, so I still have not been paid under my short term disability insurance. This business is a scam PLEASE BEWARE. I pray they are not billing my insurance company due to their mistakes. I wish I had looked into them more before trusting them with my smile. The teeth they gave me make me look like a donkey.

Not everyone who has extractions needs antibiotics. You probably had a dry socket or two, which needed irrigation and packing NOT antibiotics.As we tell patients all the time, extracting all teeth and making dentures is usually a big mistake.

Some patients can never adapt to them, even if I make dentures PERFECTLY. How much less easy it is when dentures are made haphazardly by corporate clip joints like A$pen!The best way to do it would have been extract all the teeth, get out all the surfacing bone chips, and let the jaw heal for 3 months before taking denture impressions.

When you don't do it that way, look at what you get!You can bet your bottom dollar your insurance company will be billed for every charge possible by this viper's nest of a dental chain corporation.Next time, go to an honest and competent independent dentist. I don't understand why so many people believe every TV ad they see.

@Seasoned Dentist

I had an abscess after the fact. You are right, I learned my lesson.

@Seasoned Dentist

It isn't always only about believing all the adds, its about the money. Aspen makes "too good to believe" promises and people like me believe that a "DENTIST" would not scam you.

But, this isn't about a "Dentist" this is about a Aspen Dental Company who have been sued by many States for fraudlent behavior. When you don't have insurance you become overwhelm with the thought of teeth removal and dentures and when a good deal comes along you jump.

I was left toothless and in large debt. They are criminals who need prosecution and to have their license removed.

@Anonymously anger

Trouble is, the neither the private equity investors that own the place nor the corporate executives that run the joint have any licenses to revoke by a board of dentistry. Which is why practice ownership by non-dentists is still illegal in most states.

A$pen just flaunts the law, or buys off politicians to keep the scam running. In the states where the Attorneys General slammed them, they just admitted no wrongdoing, paid the fines, and resumed the patient scams.

View more comments (3)

Aspen Dental - Dental first are crooks

3.4
My husband and I both got dentures from Aspen. I already (for years) had a care credit card which took care of mine. The girl at Aspen convinced my husband to use dentalfirst. What a joke. Not one day of problem with Care Credit. Almost 18 months and still having problems with dentalfirst. Their finance charges are ridiculous and they cant get anything right. If anyone working for Dental finance makes more than a dollar an hour they are overpaid. Dental first is your worse nightmare. I even asked them, "if this is how you treat clients that pay their bill on time, how do you treat someone who is late?? $40. late charge for just one day late.

A crooked chain of dental corporate chop shops uses a scammer of a finance company. No surprise there.You ain't seen nothing yet.

Wait until the teeth start falling out of those ComfyLyte dentures you two financed. Then you will find out how worthless A$en's "guarantee" really is.

Review
Cons
  • Dental first financing
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Saint Louis, Missouri - Very Misleading

2.0
3/30 I went in after speaking with a rep that stated I could get discounts and financing, after my consultation I found out that it was not an option for me. Big waste of my time. Especially wth the pain I am in.
Not as described/ advertised

Aspen Dental - This company is a total rip off and should be shut down for malpractice

What a sham, they lear you into their domain with lower prices until the Denist checks you out and comes back with recommendations to do unnessary work to your teeth, because they are paid on commision. Then to top it off they own Capitol Finance group which offers you 18 months no interest. What a Con operation. Please take my advise, get second opion before you waste your money for un nessary work to your mouth. I would never step foot in Another Aspen Dental office if they were the last ones on earth. I am writting the medical board of Texas about this operation in hopes to shut them down, before they rip off other victums

No board of dentistry can do anything about these chains because they don't have any powers to discipline people who are not dentists or dental hygienists. That is why it is illegal in most states for non-dentist investors to own dental clinics.

A$pen and others like it are operating illegally in most states including Texas. They buy off politicians so they will not be prosecuted.Least of all the Texas Board of Dentistry. It has been corrupted by the governor appointing dentists from corporate clinics to the board! Including one dentist who has been investigated previously!Only your attorney general may be able to help.

But only if enough patients complain, as they did in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New York, and Indiana. But A$pen just pays the big fines and keeps the scams rolling!By the way, what good do lower fees do for a patient if they are fees for procedures the patient does not need anyway?

Review
Cons
  • Aspen dental should be arrested for malpractice
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Victoria, Texas - They'll take you to the Bank...if you let them!

1.5
I went into a new Aspen Dental location in Victoria TX. I had just cracked a tooth and knew something was wrong with it, but I wasn't in any pain. I went to my appointment and xrays went smoothly then I had to wait and wait and wait some more for the Dentist to come in. I could hardly understand her and she came off as rude. She looked at Xrays and said that I needed a root canal, two crowns and 2 fillings...and then I showed her the cracked tooth and she said she could pull it out, and I said "NO! Won't that hurt?!" and she laughed and said "Yes!" She also was very rough with just the exam! She said it needed to be done ASAP. I went to talk numbers with accounting and was told they had a morning appointment available at 11:00 am the next day if I wanted it...I said I needed to talk to my husband first and then they showed me the numbers...over $4,000! I told them I had a dental discount card, but no insurance...then they adjusted it to $3000...I told them they were still charging too much in respect to what the discount card would pay for the crowns and they said ok, "Let me adjust it again" and then came back with $1900 total out of pocket. I thought, oh that sounds better...."I'll call you in the morning to schedule" I called and hit the wrong number...and got main office for scheduling..I asked if perhaps another dentist was available at that location, because I didn't really feel comfortable with her...I was told she the only one. I told the her my concerns and told her what the dentist said I needed done and she said, "I don't think she's qualified to be doing root canals. She should be referring you." Then she puts me on hold to find out if this dentist is "Qualified to do root canals" and then tells me, she is qualified to do minor issues with root canals. That draws a big red flag to me. Then also something she said needed to be done asap, was suddenly not available to schedule for 2 weeks out and it had to be prepaid to schedule the appointment! So, I decide to get a second opinion and I'm SO GLAD I did! I had my xrays forwarded to another dentist and he looked at them and said yes, I have a broken tooth, but it is no where near the root and that a crown would be fine to fix it. NO need to do a root canal at all! And that the other teeth that she said needed to be filled, were all fine..just old fillings, but he said they were not broken or leaking in anyway. He said they look for things to fix that don't really need fixing. I would highly recommend that anyone that goes to Aspen Dental to be Aware! They are in it for the money primarily, not patient care. Look for a regular dentist in your area instead of one of these box Dental businesses. A regular dentist is more likely to be honest and upfront. At least this is my lesson learned!

Another intelligent patient is saved from the jaws of butchery by an unscrupulous chains of shysters! Hallelujah!

You figured it out in time to save a tooth!And WHY do they hire dentists unqualified to to anything but fix "minor issues" with root canals? Because A$pen is the bottom of the barrel for dental employment and get only the most desperate dentists to work there. A favorite scam is to get foreign dentists licensed in New York, who has the easiest licensing laws. They as an H1B visa sponsor, they can force the dentist to do any scam they want, or they withdraw support for the H1B visa and back to the third world the dentist goes.Ever wonder why independent dentists are more likely to look out for your best interest?Private dentists rely on referrals from satisfied patients of record.

The private investors that own A$pen get sucker-patients primarily from TV ads. Then they fleece them for every dollar they can in financing.

Then they make it impossible for the patients to actually get their dental treatment done! First they butcher the patient's bank account, then they butcher the patient's teeth, then they send the patient out the back door with more problems than when they arrived!Truly, A$pen and similar sleazy corporate dental chains are one-stop chop shops!

Review
Pros
  • Dental hygentist
Cons
  • Disregard for patient feeling pain
  • False charges
  • Dentistist
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental - Bad service

2.2
Whent to aspen dental in washington pa had wisdom tooth pulled no pain pills no stichtes have been in pain four two weeks now have called them and they will do nothing to help a

Bet they extracted something from you before they extracted that tooth. Namely, money, right?

And once they got that, there is little interest in doing anything else for you.Not every extraction needs stitches, though. The pain is probably from a dry socket, which needs irrigation and repacking every couple of days.

Of course, those are no-charge post-op procedures, so A$pen has no interest in doing them, no matter how necessary. It is also scandalous you did not get any pain relievers- not even a non-narcotic one like Toradol!

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental - Tooth Soreness

Several years ago, Aspen Dental @ Worcester, Ma Office did fill in one tooth twice. Recently, I found out the same tooth has cracked on the fill in and is infected. Needed rooth canal and other work by another dentist. Aspen Dental claiming that they are not liable for my current problem. Doubt tooth can get infected within short period of time even with visiting them on regularly. Even though one tooth was examined twice previously , Aspen Dental concluded that they are not liable for my current pain. When my current problem will be resolved, I will immediately be ex-Aspen Dental customer.

No dentist is liable when the pulp of a tooth dies and causes pain. Just as no physician is liable when a patient throws a blood clot after surgery and is partly paralyzed.

It is part of life, dude. Can't always blame bad outcomes on someone.I will tell you this, however. A$pen clinics don't even have silver amalgam filling available to use on back teeth. Placing large white resin fillings on back teeth is a mistake many times.

The components are acidic. Particularly if a cavity is deep, the acid can soak through the dentin and cause the dental nerve to be inflamed. Plus plastic fillings leak over time and let bacteria enter the tooth. Every time a tooth is cut it is traumatic.

Plastic fillings don't last as long and need to be replaced. Every time a filling is replaced it endangers the nerve in the tooth.The best filling is still a gold inlay, which can last a lifetime. Next is a silver amalgam filling, which can easily last 40 years. A$pen Scam Shops Incorporated do neither of these kinds of fillings.

All they offer is plastic.

Want better? Sorry, you have got to go to an honest independent dentist.

Aspen Dental - I just wanted to smile,

Aspen Dental in Tulsa, Oklahoma on 41 st . Such a bad experience . I went to have all teeth pulled for dentures. I knew every tooth in my mouth rotten. They proceeded to pull all but 3 on bottom, the dentis pulling them asked me if they were sure about keeping and he left them, that was in May 2017 in November yes those teeth they left were rotten I had to have pulled and implants. These people have drained my insurance aND me charging twice as much and ending up with a 2 thousand dollar loan, my insurance paying over 3 thousand now getting a bill for a most 2 thousand from Aspen Dental. The top denture fits horrible very bulky, bottom has temporary denture still cannot afford to go back. Between 5 and 6 grand too much. Feel taken advantage of. They kept doing things to charge more. Would wait for 45 min to hour to get in. One of the people told me they always double book. Bad experience now have to pay for this and spend more, when all I wanted was to smile again.

I contacted my insurance co, the paid almost 5 thousand, loan for 4 thousand and a bill for 3 thousand. Too much.

@Ruthie

You sure did not save any money going to a fleabag corporate dental clinic. Patient's seldom do. Someone has to pay for all those expensive advertisements, and it is the patient-victims.

When you wait until most teeth in your mouth are rotten, it is going to cost you an arm and a leg wherever you go- $6000 at least. Insurance benefit plans are designed for patients with average dental needs, not for patients with horrendous neglect like you.The standard of care is two leave at least two roots on the bottom jaw, preferably canine teeth.

Do root canals on them, and have the dentures fit over these sturdy roots. This is called an "overdenture," and patients can chew much better with them than if all teeth are lost. Perhaps this was the Aspen plan.It never works that well to construct dentures immediately before or after extraction. Gums are shrinking and there is no stable base to rest the denture on.

Textbooks teach the preference is to wait 3 months for healing if you can before taking impressions for dentures.Surgery and dentures involves a lot of complicated treatment. It is no walk in the park.

It was a mistake to go to a corporate denture mill like Aspen to do it. But you really should have taken care of your teeth through your life so you did not get in this predicament to start with!

@ClydeDDS

Really you are telling me I should have taken care of my teeth, I did till cancer took a bite of me. You should not be judging me.

@Ruth

Sorry to hear of your illness. I've had plenty of patients with cancer. If patients have tightly-fitting trays that cover their teeth, fill them with prescription fluoride, and wear them every night, most of the time all teeth can be saved from decay.

@Ruth

Hope that person felt like the f'n piece of crap that they are! unbelievable how some people are!

We all need to band together for a class action suit. I made my mistake with Affordable Dentures!

I wish I would have kept my bad teeth! And mine were taken care of until I lost filling , crowns, and jobs that had minimal dental insurance, and I am in my 50's and tooth loss is hereditary in my family, yeah you do the best you can with what life hands you.

@J.Kaed

Sorry. Tooth loss is never inherited.

Poor eating and dental habits are inherited, however. Just not genetically.

View more comments (6)

Aspen Dental in Goodyear, Arizona - No follow-up no aftercare

No follow-up no aftercareWent to their good your Arizona location had a tooth removed requested an extension of my pain medication because I was still in pain and was told to go see an emergency room they weren’t dealing with me anymore that’s what happens when you let the fat *** in charge of the office make decisions to the doctor I almost died because of her then she called the police and lied about me

Really doubt you almost died because of a dry socket.But you are right about front desk making decisions instead of the doctor. Post-op visits produce no revenue so they don't want to see patients with post-op problems.

The only way to get a dry socket patient out of pain is irrigate and pack the socket every couple of days. Medication alone does little to help the pain.Want a way to avoid problems like this? Take care of your teeth and save them with root canals instead of extracting them.

An honest independent dentist can do this. Forget the corporate chop shops like A$pen.