dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Money Kept, But Services Not Rendered | Aspen Dental review from Enid, Oklahoma

April 19, 2018 Aspen Dental Offered Free Ex-Rays with any visit, and claimed to care, no judgement, blah blah. I just needed a Dentist that would treat the infection and afterward, pull the tooth because I had a tooth that had cracked and later chipped off and my jaw became visibly swollen with infection. They took ex-rays and sat me down in a Dentist's chair. The dentist was extremely rude, and trying to tell me that all my teeth needed to be pulled and did I just want to take care of that today. I know my teeth are fine and this was a ridiculous question!! I said No, I do not want you to pull all of my teeth out! I need you to take care of the one that is infected. He said nothing and walked away. Then, the "I'm better than you" lady from billing came and took me into her office. She says okay, for what you want done is $246 and she can take cash, credit or debit card today, so dummy me pays the woman with my debit card for $200 & gave her $46 in cash. She asked when I wanted to make the appt for, and I'm thinking this is weird, but I said well um next week, after the antibiotics get the swelling and infection down. She says, oh he isn't going to give you any antibiotics and I said well that isn't going to work, this is why I came in today. She says well we can take care of that for you today. I said No, I'm not doing that! First of all with infection, you cannot get the root and gum numb, then you risk a septic infection from there you could easily spend a week or more in the hospital or even risk death!!! These idiots are treating patients like guinea pigs and they're making damned good money at it too!! I told her I want my money back and I need to find a REAL DENTIST before it is too late in the day, as I had driven 86 miles, one way to Enid, Ok to this destist appt. and I was losing daylight. She says oh sorry... I can't give you your money back, I've already posted it! She wouldn't even give me my cash back!!! She said I'd have to wait 7-10 business days for a refund. They sent me a check for $46 in the next 2 weeks. Thank the Lord for great friends!! I had to call one who lived in Enid and ask them to meet me and drive me to another dentist, borrow cash for another dental appt. and now it is 4:30 pm. I found one and they were fantastic!! Agreed with everything I said about why I wouldn't let Aspen Dental carve me up and they said that they will not pull an infected tooth until the infection is treated with antibiotics and gone. Today is May 16, almost 1 month has gone by and I need this tooth taken care of so I called the bank to make sure there had been a deposit made to reimburse my $200 from A. D., and nope, still no refund!! So I had to call them and ask them for my money back, today and explained I need that money back to fix this tooth and It's after 5 and I am now having to wait until tomorrow so that they can make 1 months worth of interest off of my $200!!! I think their business practices are deplorable, as much as their dental practice!! SAVE YOURSELVES!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY GOING TO ASPEN DENTAL!!! UNLESS YOU ARE INTO PAIN AND ABUSE, THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU!! Thank you for taking the time to read about my misfortune, and I hope no one else will have to suffer like I am!

Don't understand. First you say all your teeth were "fine," then you say you needed on extracted because it is infected.By the way, I have extracted thousands of teeth with infection.

Numbing can take a bit longer, but we always get the patient numb one way or the other. But why didn't you seek to save the tooth with a root canal?Agreed, it is ridiculous not being able to get a refund on the spot. Not refunding patient money is something A$pen is famous for. Many people have to sue them in court to get a legitimate credit balance refunded.Glad you found a caring dentist- what you should have done to start with.

Why don't you patronize him to get your teeth and gums in good shape, rather than wait until you have another toothache and losing another tooth? Old habits are hard to break, aren't they?

@Seasoned Dentist

Thank you for your interest in my teeth. FYI, I was in a deadly auto accident that created hairline fractures in my teeth.

So, as far as your old habits are hard to break bit, ya might wanna rethink your assumations. And this dentist should not be practicing...

I did call them and many times during the conversation, they admitted having several complaints from other patrons who have said this guy was horrible. Have a nice day

@De Anna

Wow! What on earth was the reason they gave you that all your other teeth needed to be extracted?

Aspen Dental Dental Services

Billing/service | Aspen Dental review

They will quote you one price. And as the job goes on the price will change dramatically. The way they handle business SUCKS. And very disappointed at their work. Will very gh o back. And will never recommend anybody to them. Stay away from aspen Dental.

Went to Aspen may 15 . Was told to remove 7 teeth.

And replace with a lower denture it would be 3100.00 I already have a top plate with 0 teeth and they wanted 2700.00 to make a top plate. Told them I'm going to another dentist for a second opinion

The name of the game at A$pen is extracting much money from you to put in the Black Hole called the A$pen corporate bank account. And once your money is in that Black Hole, you will never see it again, regardless of whether the treatment is competently performed in your mouth or not.When you visit a corporate chop shop like A$pen, you get a double whammy: Mediocre treatment at overpriced fees.Now you know. Tell all your friends and coworkers.

View more comments (1)
Aspen Dental Dental Services
Pricing issue

Don't use this company beware | Aspen Dental review from Calhoun, Georgia

I am in shock at the treatment, or the lack of it received by Aspen dental. They pulled 6 teeth and did a temporary denture then did crown prep on two teeth and now refuse to finish the work until I have surgery that will be 1800 out of pocket for me. I don't want the surgery, and now I can't even get my permanent dentures. This is on top of getting infections from their work and they canceled most of my appointments however they have all my money, now I am fighting to get my money back, and I live in constant pain from the work they did

you are so correct they did me the same way I lost a lot of time and money

So sad when people neglect their teeth all their lives, have them extracted, choose a sorry clinic to do it, then suffer the consequences. Taking care of your teeth throughout your life is so much easier than going through all the pain and hassle that you have experienced

@Dental Advocate

You shame people about neglecting their teeth without so much as a mention of the high cost for quality dental care. Not everyone, in fact, many people cannot afford to see a dentist so they must put off necessary treatment until it's an emergency from the pain.

I think you'll agree that most people would like to have nice healthy teeth so there must be a reason why so many get ripped off and injured by low cost dentists. It's the $ -

@Dental colleges are a great source for low cost quality care

This is only partially true. 45% of the patients who have dental insurance don't even bother use it.

Very few patients will practice prevention even if free.Plenty of patients drive to dental offices in expensive cars, then claim they cannot afford dental treatment. The problem is really that they can't manage the money they have.A few things that make dental care expensive in the US: Obamacare tax on dental equipment and supplies, ADA requirements that rooms sizes be large, high licensing fees, high property taxes, mandatory HIPPA and OSHA classes, high malpractice insurance costs. Write your congressmen to change these things.It is not practical for everyone to seek care at dental schools.

Many people live 3 hours or more from a dental school. It takes many long appointments at dental school to get treatment done.

View more comments (3)

Horrt | Aspen Dental review

1.8
Couldn't get properly made Dentures. Wish i had went elsewhere

Pissed,,don't listen to the patient!! | Aspen Dental review

2.5
I have been there so many times and partial doesn't fit is cutting gums and top denture are loose and moves around. Keep telling them the roof of my mouth is not getting suction and there are moving around in my mouth!! They keep me two to for hours each time and then they want me back in another week..been going on for months! Now they have to do a realignment and said if that don't work they have to put the snaps in which is another $8,000...I walked out pissed

I don't suggest getting a Snap-on denture from Aspen. The chances are that it will go wrong and you might be left in permanent pain.

My local dental college offers 2 free implants for bottom Snap-on dentures which is a life changing procedure for many people. The work they do for denture wearers is incredibly good and the students are doctors under the supervision of experienced faculty staff. How about Googling dental colleges in your area and doing some other online searching to find someone affordable and legitimate?

Aspen is a terrible chain of corporate owned dental offices whose bottom line is only money, never the patient. I hope you can make a satisfactory plan !

#1482065

I had similar experience, dentist said after many attempts, he couldn't make lower denture...it was already paid for partly by me, partly insurance...now they won't give me my money or the denture

#1481960

This clown club doesn't have the instruments, supplies, or lab support to do a top-notch job on dentures and partials. Chances are you will never get prostheses that fit properly.Whatever you do, don't let these goofballs attempt implants in your mouth.

They will fall out in no time. There is a tragic case about an A$pen Dental mini-implant case gone bad on this very forum.Denture patients always think the best place to go is one that advertises cheap prices on TV. Nothing could be further than the truth. Making good full and partial dentures requires a lot of precision to do right.

And taking all the necessary steps isn't easy, either.Best to cut and run and find a competent independent dentist at this point.

Start agitating now and in a year or two you might be able to get a small partial refund. Chalk it up to a hard lesson learned about corporate dental clinics

Not as described/ advertised

Confused | Aspen Dental review

With so many dissatisfied people why hasn’t something been done about this company

Good question you ask, and worthy of an answer.1. Boards of dentistry cannot discipline anyone except licensed dentists and hygienists.

They cannot do a thing to crooked corporate executives.2. Outfits like A$pen are operating illegally in most states. Most locales require dentists licensed in that state to own practices. Boards of dentistry should close them down.

However, Boards have very limited legal representation. Corporations like A$pen have lawyers out the *** To be honest, boards of dentistry lack the legal manpower to shut them down.3. A$pen and other corporations like it donate money to state politicians and are trying to get corporate officers installed on state dental boards. In some states like Texas they have succeeded.4.

That leaves State Attorneys General to discipline them. With enough patient complaints they do. FOUR have disciplined A$pen already. A$pen never admits guilt in the settlements, pays the fines, and resumes the scams.You don't understand.

These are corporations owned by Wall Street investors and even a Canadian teachers' union.

Their goal is to make as much money as possible. They don't give a flip about patient welfare.

@Seasoned Dentist

I went to Aspen to have my dentures replaced after the rehab center I was staying in lost them...after going thru month after month of appointments, the owner decided he couldn't do it...but gave me no refund he, will not repay the nursing facility the money they paid or the $880 I paid through Dental First...I now am paying another dentist $2,000 to replace the implants that I paid Aspen...so frustrating! I won't send any one there EVER or go there myself...they owe me about $2,000, even more when you count pain & suffering I have gone thru....and the timeless hours I've spent there...not sure what to do now, anybody know a good lawyer that charges pro bono or based on income...I am now paying paments to Care Credit

View more comments (1)

Unsatisfied customer | Aspen Dental review from Saginaw, Michigan

1.2
Went in to get some dental work, they rushed mw through the appointments one every week, the dentist did 5 fillings to fill in where the gum was receeded exposing the nerve. I asked for him to bond them and when he did he drilles the roots so mich that the nerves were left exposed, causing a lot of pain and discomfort. He refused to fix them, kept giving me *** excuses as to why they were painful after the fillings. Got top and bottom partials they didnt fit he jammed them into my mouth causing severe pain and had to pry them out with a tool. He adjusted them 3 times and still they didnt work. I asked for a refund and they keep giving me the run around about having to see the denture specialist, before I could get a refund. I would not recommend anyone to go there. After he messed up my teeth, he referred me to amother specialist to fix what he screwed up, costing me more money.

Yep, sounds about typical. Sad part is there are no older dentists to mentor these recent graduates.Even I could not construct partial dentures that fit at a joint like A$pen.

Wouldn't have the equipment, supplies, or lab support to do the job right.Question for you: Why did you choose this corporate chop shop for dental care to begin with? Was it the promise of a "FREE" exam?

Aspen Dental Dental Filling

Appt for Cleaning | Aspen Dental review

1.8
I tried making an appt, the receptionist said she had to ask the dr a question once she took my name then put me on hold for 12 minutes and during the whole time kept putting me on automatic hold cause it would pick up and on hold again. She came back acted like she didn’t remember me and started making the appt . I asked her if she was the one I was talking to the first time she said no but it was the same voice. Another 10 mins trying to make an appt and her being extremely rude by the way she was asking me questions . I finally hung up .this was not the first time I’ve had complaints on the office staff especially about not returning phone calls. I’m very disappointed in the front staff. The back staff is awesome. Need better customer service training and maybe listen to their on hold recording more to learn.

No sense investing money training these rascals when they will be gone for a better-paying job in 6 months or less No decent employees, front or back, stay at A$pen for long.Thinking things will eventually improve in patient service is like believing you will eventually see pigs fly.Don't understand why you are rolling the dice going to these corporate chop shops when there are so many good dentists out there.

Aspen Dental Receptionist
Poor customer service

Exchanged a Painful Crown For Another One | Aspen Dental review from Milledgeville, Georgia

2.4

Update by user Jul 20, 2018

This is what was sent to me on Yelp but, I didn't respond. I'm still debating whether to or just go to a lawyer to see what can be done...

Comment from S S. of Aspen Dental Business Owner 7/2/2018 • I’m sorry to hear about your experience.

If you would like to discuss further, please call me at (315) 454-6000 extension 201791 I will be happy to speak with you. Tammy ADMI Read less

Original review posted by user May 12, 2018

See Screen shots of last review...Lastly, I have yet to receive the 1st statement in the mail regarding the past services rendered. They been advised to send to my POB and not my physical address... Also, how did they help me as a customer trading one extremely painful crown that was pulled out to another excruciating painful crown after the deep leading procedure. I wished I never agreed to get it done now...

Hate to tell you, but there is a snowball's chance in Hades that an A$pen serf-dentist will return your call at 3 in the morning. Usually A$pen executives don't trusts dentists to have the keys to the office and the alarm code. So even if they wanted to treat you in the middle of the night, they could not.Now that you have been fleeced by a corporate chain dental clinic, don't you think it is time to find a reputable, honest independent dentist for your future care?

Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services

*** | Aspen Dental review

*** - Aspen Dental review
*** - Aspen Dental review
I have several problems with Aspen Dental one I was in there to get an exam I got the exam my husband went there to go get his partials taking care of adjust it they messed up his partials now he can't wear them and they were supposed to mail me my paper insurance card they never did I had to call my insurance company to get a hard card and my husband got a letter in the mail stating that he owes $231 to Aspen Dental when we pay the $89 to get his partials adjusted everything else should have been free is what they told us because he's a new patient so why should we have to pay this when the only thing that he got and he paid $89 for was the adjustment I hope they take care of it because I will be calling them first thing Monday morning

I just want my money back they are liers. How can I get my money back

I looked at the images of your bill. Thought you might like to know that A$pen's price for a radiographic series was $12 more than my price in Topeka.

Lots of patients go to A$pen thinking they will save money. Many pay more, and get mediocre treatment at best.

And you believed them when they said the charge would only be $89! You fell for the old bait and switch technique!There are things called "periods" which really help people understand what you write.

They belong at the end of every sentence.Find an independent dentist that can help you.

Since A$pen broke their word and charge your husband for his x-rays, demand that they transfer them to his new dentist. NEVER use a corporate chain dental clinic again!

Pricing issue