Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Cheektowaga, New York - Charged for procedure that was never done

I went to Aspen dental back in December 2017, I needed my wisdom teeth removed so we scheduled a procedure for December 15th, they said it would process through their credit card and I would then make payments on it. Well I ended up not going for my procedure and cancelled my appointment, and told them I wasn't interested in rescheduling...few months later and it turns out they processed the 1,069$ procedure with their credit card, and ruined my credit completely, I went from 730 to 435..I am LIVID!!! I called them last week and they said they apologize and they'll refund the money but I haven't gotten any update and I checked my credit and it's still completely destroyed!!! How do I go about this? Do I file a lawsuit? I need help and answers this is ridiculous I'm only 21 years old and they completely robbed me.

Unlike virtually every other dentist, A$pen will bill for procedures before they are even performed! Why?One reason might be office staff are bonused based on commission.

If they are short the collections to make bonus for the month, they just bill a procedure that is scheduled to do. The have no problem with this being unethical!Let's see how long it takes you to get that refund.

A$pen is famous for sitting on credit balances for months at a time without issuing a refund. Think this shyster outfit might be cash-strapped?Plenty of honest independent dentists can remove your wisdom teeth more economically and competently than A$pen.

No attempts were ever made either by telephone, mail, text message or e-mail as "payment reminders" et al. ?

... it's virtually impossible that you were unaware of collection efforts until the ship sank ; even then, how did it "turn out" that this became a black hole in your credit record ?

... and you had darned well better get that promise in writing.

@William

Haha......first of all, I was contacted by a bill collector two months ago and I had told them I never had the procedure done, and I was billed for something I never went through with and they said they would file a dispute, and apparently they never did because two weeks ago I was contacted and they said I still owed it.......they were mailing bills to my old address and I never received a email stating that I owed anyone anything......I told collections several times that I had never had the procedure done and they said to contact Aspen dental I contacted them and they said they apologize and they will file a refund but as for my credit they said I need to fix it on my own...I didn't check my credit score until yesterday because I was applying for a credit card and that's when I realized their illegal billing had completely screwed my credit. So yes I told them several times I never went through with it, yes I talked to the people at Aspen and they have been no help. Yes I talked to collections and explained my issue, yes I talked to *** customer service about this and I've just gotten nowhere, it's not fair for me to have to suffer because they decided to charge me for something that was never done.

@Anonymous

But that is what they routinely do- charge patients for procedures that have never been performed yet.They know either of these will happen: 1. The patient will have second thoughts and not have Aspen do the procedure, or 2.

Aspen will make it so hard to get an appointment that the patient will give up. Either way, a certain percentage of patients will just pay the money for doing nothing, and let Aspen keep the money.That, my friend, is how crooked Wall Street investors operate.

@Dental Advocate

Yeah well I told them if it wasn't removed I'm getting a attorney, and sure enough they refunded the amount and took care of any remaining fees, I wasn't going to sit back and pay a *** ton of money for something that never happened , It just sucks that theirs people that are that *** out there

@Anonymous

Notify NYS Attorney Generals Office of this.

View more comments (5)
3.0
I got comfilyte dentures from Aspen dental and so far they are a great denture. Comfortable, light and look great after two years. Went back to Aspen dental in Goodyear, Az because 2 years later the bottom plate felt a little loose. I refused an x-ray because I told...

I agree 7 year warranty a joke! Had my dentures under 2 years front tooth fell out !

They would not or could not find a copy of the 7 year warranty! Big run around had to call corporate today everyone at lunch or meeting , no wonder there are pending lawsuits

View more comments
Review
Pros
  • Care and product
Cons
  • Warranty
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental - Beware!!

4.8
Aspen Dental located in Jackson, Tn service was great. I have no problem with this office. Dental First/Comenity Capital Bank is where the problem lies. Their interest rate is very high, which this rate was explained to me if i didnt pay it off by a certain time. My intentions was to pay it off but things happen. How in the world is you going to get ahead with interest $75 added to your bill every month on top of the extra 2,000 interest that was added on after the promotional period. What a total rip off! Then they harass you by calling your phone all day on up until 9pm. Ct. They even go as far as calling you restricted all day every day. I have never done business with a company like this. Once i get out of this mess i will never do business with them again!

You signed the paperwork that explains the cost of interest on the amount.

If A$pen were really a quality operation like you seem to believe, why would they push a swindler's outfit like Dental First on you? Especially when there are more honest lenders like CareCredit and Lending Club around? Because A$pen is complicit in the scam, that is why!Crooked corporate dental chains use crooked finance companies.

View more comments (1)

Aspen Dental - Absolutely god awful

There is nothing that can be done. Absolutely awful experience and unprofessional. Walked in uncomfortable and wanted to leave half way through. I would never recommend this establishment to anyone ever. All they want is money from you, i dont trust them with my teeth. They claimed that i need all of these things done when in fact nothing needed to be done other than a cleaning. 30 xrays? I mean come on. And cleaning all the equipment and making me stand against a wall while they do it? Are you trying to prove to yourself or me that this a cleanly enviornment? Also who makes somone stand near the wall. I am an adult ask for me to kindly step outside and wait for you. This company is money hungry. Told me i have tmj while putting severe pressure on my face... yeah a jaw will probably crack at that point. All lies...i just have absolutely nothing positive to say about the entire experience and i will be going elsewhere and will make all friends and family aware. The only good part was the manager she was nothing but kind, and the only reason i left not livid.

That is pretty strange inviting a patient to the operatory while it is still being disinfected. Guess their waiting room was overloaded.My biggest x-ray series is only 18 films.

Can't imagine taking 30 films on one patient in one visit. Must have goofed up the aim in a lot of shots and had to retake them.Good decision walking out. As Williams says below, you really dodged a bullet.

They might have done an unecessary filling that resulted in needing a root canal later. I have seen it many time!

h.kitchener

Find a local dentist in private practice and pay for an exam. You said you walked into Aspen being "uncomfortable." I assume you were complaining about pain in the mouth/jaw, etc.

You might very well be grinding your teeth or have a problem like that.

A good local dentist can help you for alot cheaper than Aspen. Good luck.

Since you are an adult, act like one ; valid complaints are one thing, your bellyaching is another ... read the reviews of Aspen Dental on this website to truly see what kind of a bullet you have dodged ... you're lucky to have walked out of there with your face intact and your wallet still in your pocket - you gave no real valid complaint and listed no damages so I'd say you got off easy.

View more comments (2)

Aspen Dental - Excellent Service

I have had nothing but excellent service at Aspen dental in Mcdonough, GA. My mother, sister, daughter and I are all patients there.

That is great. I am really happy for you.

I wonder what prompted you to post praises of a company on a consumer complaint forum?Remember, there are two types of patients at A$pen Dental:1. Those patients who have been screwed over.2.

Those patients who have not been screwed over yet.Luckily you are still in group #2. Get out fast, because it is only a matter of time before you end up in group #1.

Good quality

Aspen Dental - Horrible

1.3
I have the WORST dentures ever they fall out I use a tube of denture adhesive a week. My primary care physician said the upper denture is damaging my sinus causing numerous infections they press up into my sinus cavity. I tri to get them fixed they only want to fill them pushing them down into my mouth I can’t eat or talk. Teeth have fallen out they glue them and fill the hole. My implants are a nightmare don’t fit my bite is off I have to keep returning for repairs and adjustments. I paid $25,000 for this just I wonder if the folks at corporate would throw away that kind of money on this it’s horrible I shouldn’t have to live like this. Then the dentist complains how she hates her job. Guess that’s why it’s half *** junk.

Wow, I bet that $25,000 paid for a lot of A$pen TV advertising to lure more sucker-patients in A$pen's doors. They really hooked a big fish when you swallowed their advertising hook, line, and sinker.Wow, you let those clowns do implants on you.

Letting them do fillings is risky enough! You trusted them with a complicated thing like implants! That is like taking a jet turbine engine to a Jiffy Lube to be rebuilt. Not quite the place the job, Sam!A$pen's ComfyJunk dentures are famous for teeth falling out.

Plastic denture teeth don't bond well to the flexible material. It is only a matter a time until A$pen's infamous mini-implants fall out of your mouth as well.Yeah, pretty much every young A$pen serf-dentist with a conscience hates their job.

They went to dental school with the job of helping people, not swindling people. The latter is always what happens when corporate private equity investors own dental offices instead of licensed dentists.

Aspen Dental - Not solved

Cant get help or talk to anyone
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Wont gve copies of my own xrays

2.8
i went to a see another dental place for a better price, they wanted the x-rays sent to them. Aspen would not comply. I have to go to their location to sing a waiver before they will fax results. This was Dentist to dentist but they would not do it. It was x-rays of my mouth, but they said they never will fax results from their office to another office, This is ridiculous. I went becaus the prices they quoted me were outrageous. Who know what it would really be once i committed to them. Then never even put the quoted prices i writing. As i am typing this they would let me submit the complaint because i did not use enough words,

FAXing x-rays does not work very well. Most of the time we cannot make out any detail on the x-rays.The best thing to do is for A$pen to merely e-mail the x-rays to you new dentist.

My office receives e-mailed x-rays from other dentists all the time.

Most dentists want a written authorization to send patient x-rays. You can thank stupid government HIPPA regulations for this.Not only will you probably get a cheaper fee from an independent dentist, you will avoid having your dental treatment screwed up.

Review
Cons
  • Ther lack of ethical solutions
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Aspen Dental in Highland, Indiana - Ruined my teeth

1.7
They made me an upper denture, but they couldn't fix it so i wouldn't stop biting the inside of my mouth. So the solution was to leave off the back teeth. I was getting so tired of being there with all there impressions. I agreed to keep them for a partial return of my money. What a mistake. I had sore spots as you always do with dentures. In order to fix them they took my bottom partial and shaved the teeth flat. Now i can't chew food all i do is mash it. Not professional at all . Someone needs to start checking there credentials because the actual so callled Dr. is the one who made all these decisions about my teeth. And she was the one who ruined my partial. I am to tired to keep fighting them, I never want to see that place again. Sure it will cost me now to have a partial made, but i have to be able to digest my food.

Sorry to tell you, all you will get for $795 is a junk denture.When patients lack teeth to chew on for any length of time, the tongue enlarges to help mash the food against the palate. After dentures are made, it is a while before the tongue returns to normal size.

Patients often bite their tongue in the meantime. Eventually this ceases.So maybe the dentist should have waited a month or so before she did anything.It takes many years of practice to get really good at dentures.

Dental students don't fabricate more than five of them in school. You sure won't find any competent and experienced dentists working for a sleazeabag corporate clown club like A$pen.

Review
Pros
  • Staff
Cons
  • Not very professional
Full refund

Aspen Dental - This is big ripoff 700 for a cleaning

I had new dentures also my wife. We both got the best! But they never told us about 5 year replacements. I needed a cleaning. I went to where I got my dentures Oswego office. At first the resepinest found my file he told me I had top of the line dentures. I had to replace my dentures in 3 years I have proof. If I New they had a 5 year I would of went back. So I needed a cleaning in the Oswego location. I told them they never told my wife or I of the 5 year replacement. We got ripped off ! So to make things worse I needed a cleaning. I only have bottom teeth the manager said that lady Dentist could lose her license X-ray my teeth. So she cleaned my teeth also she said I had something wrong with my teeth and gums. She gave me a kit mouthwash and rinse to use every day to cure my gums. After 700 hundred dollars I got my teeth cleaned. Well I went back 6 months cleaning she never mentioned anything about my gums or to tell me how where they. Another 200 dollars for cleaning! Also my past account now was gone. And I still have all the mouth wash and everything else in the kit. Never used it. So I went to my private dentist they X-rays my teeth there was nothing wrong. Oswego ripped me off. I’m retired on a fixed income. Go to a private dentist! This place is big ripoff !!!!!!

When corporate swindlers own dental offices instead of licensed dentists, patients always lose.Upcoding regular cleanings to "Deep scaling and root planings" is one of A$pen's favorite scams. Along with selling overpriced goody bags of electric toothbrushes and other home care stuff.Tell all your friends about being ripped off. Remember- reputable physicians and dentists NEVER have to advertise on TV and radio to get enough patients!

@Seasoned Dentist

Many dentists in private practice will talk patients into unnecessary procedures. Honest to God, the dental industry needs to have some oversight. The expenses are sky high.

View more comments (1)