Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review in Highland, Indiana: Horrible experience left me toothless

I went to Aspen Dental for one tooth removed, apparently that have trained their employees on certain behaviors or words that patients will use, because I joke about needing all my remaining teeth removed, with in minutes I was talking with Office Manager and he was assuring me that using a "CareCredit" card it will be manageable. I told him I was on disability and only could afford $130,00 a month anything more and I will have to pass. He said "let's see what we can do".. he than stated "great news they have given you a credit of $7,700. with 18 month no interest and a payment of $128.00 monthly. I was shock and honestly pleased because I suffer for anxiety and dental work has been so expensive and nerve racking. So I thought great he said promotional 18 months ending soon so it would be great time to get this done. I agreed after asking several times "you sure $128.00 monthly" and him reassuring me. I signed for 16 teeth to be pulled and best dentures to be made. I was escort back to the dentist to make impression and in a week to have all 16 teeth removed. Well, two weeks later I go to CareCredit and I have minimum payment of $171.00 , $55.00 of which is interest! I call Office Manager at Aspen and He basic called me crazy that he never promised me anything like that and that a no interest payment would be well over $300.00! so I hung up and called CareCredit and said that only Office Manager at Aspen could change anything on credit card such as interest rate, which struck me as odd. So I had to cancel my dentures to reduce my cost and now have no teeth and no hopes for dentures. I disputed with CareCredit but of course they took Aspen Dental side because they make money through Aspen dentals deception, Aspen Dental get all the money up front (all of it) and CareCredit makes out like bandits on interest, late fees, penalties. I trusted Aspen to not deceive me in anyway so I did not read the find print, I did not know it was a 48 month fix payment plan till I noticed it many weeks later, Aspen had me sign the paper that says this information on the day I was having my 16 teeth pulled! I was so anxious, nervous, scared you could of sold me golden gate bridge! I have found information that both Aspen and CareCredit have been sued more than several times for deception and CareCredit was warned about exactly this behavior but it continues. I can't even explain the anxiety, frustration and the all over affect this has had on my life. And this is because of a Dental office, a medical profession who would think you deceived in a medical office for their financial gain. They prey on vulnerability they sniff people out who can be deceived and they pounce. So please beware.

Oh my, I almost cried reading your letter. What horrible treatment!

I was tricked into the Care(less) Credit card. I have seen them called loan sharks but that gives the sharks a bad name. You don't have to explain the frustration or anxiety because there are regrettably a lot of us out here. A class action suit has been started November 7, 2018 against Aspen Dental.

Go on line to sign up.

Just type "class action suit aspen dental". See you there and keep your head up.

Normal dentists don't treat patients this way. Only investor-owned corporate chop shops, A$pen being by far the worst.You don't joke about pulling teeth at A$pen any more than you joke about wanting a full-body tattoo at a tattoo parlor.Soon as that manager saw what debt they could get you into with CareCredit, it was a go.

You probably helped make the office manager's bonus that month.Whatever you do, don't let them put their famous Flexi-Junk dentures in your mouth. You only have to read a few reviews here to realize how few of them are wearable.Gosh, pulling 16 teeth ran up a bill of over $7000? Sure didn't save any money over a private independent dentist!Bad mistake to extract all of your teeth.

Some teeth and partial dentures are always better than no teeth and full dentures. Worse mistake to go to a sleazy chop shop like A$pen to have the dirty deed done.

@Seasoned Dentist

I agree with all you said. I wish I had known all this prior to getting teeth pulled because it's to late now.

But, I will definitely do everything possible to alert others to what is happening. I am hoping the CFPB and or the Attorney General in my state will help to resolve my issue and others will fight back against this kind of behavior.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • Anything about asspen dental
Reason of review
I was deceived, taken advantage of
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental review in Murfreesboro, Tennessee: Fraudulent Billing

1.7
In February of 2017 I went to Aspen Dental in Murfreesboro, TN. I was told I needed a special cleaning due to periodontal disease. I asked them to verify that the procedure was covered by my insurance before proceeding. Several minutes later they confirmed they had spoken to my provider and the service was covered. Following the procedure I went to the finance office for checkout only to be told that I was not covered for the procedure for another 4 months and I was responsible for a balance of approximately $850. I was also informed that 0% financing was available for balances over $1000 and that an Oral-B electric toothbrush was recommended for my dental condition and would bring my balance high enough for the 0% interest rate. Needless to say, I didn’t leave happy, but all in all, I felt like I’d taken care of my dental health and made a decent, if unnecessary, purchase to further my improvements. It’s now a year later and suddenly Aspen Dental has found “new charges” in the amount of $255 to add to my formerly $0 balance. Where were these charges a year ago when they so strongly recommended I add to my bill to qualify for their special financing? I’ve called the office 3 consecutive months and each time I’ve been assured these charges will be removed. Then, a month later, low and behold, a new bill for the same amount. This company is ridiculous. If there are any attorneys with class action experience reading this, I’d be happy to join a case against them. I have much more specific information to provide and would love to see these {{Redacted}} pay through the nose for their behavior.

If you had periodontal pocketing, you may have indeed needed more than a regular cleaning. It is impossible to say without seeing x-rays and probing depths.

However, the most popular scam at this corporate clown club is to upcode regular cleanings. By the way, that Oral B toothbrush or the equivalent can be bought at any store for considerably less money.Billing is chaos at this investor-owned money mill. Toward the end of the month, if staff in an office are short of revenues to make bonus, miscellaneous charges start getting magically added to patient accounts.

That is how the ball rolls when managers put staff under the gun to lighten patients' wallets.If you remember nothing, remember this: any health professional that has to advertise on TV to get enough patients is invariably crooked. I am with h.kitchener on this: patients are better off with honest independent dentists than investor-owned dental mills.

Machele

I assume the "special cleaning" was a so-called "deep cleaning." This procedure is often pushed by dental mills like Aspen and they charge an outrageous amount for it, even tho it is problematic whether you need something like that. Best to find a dentist in private practice in your area next time.

Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental review in Toledo, Ohio: Patient Treatment

I visited the above mentioned office. I received many x- rays, which seemed appropriate. I was then seen by a dentist who explained the care I needed. They asked me to wait in the exam room. I remained in the exam room for 35 minutes, during which time I killed 4 light brown hard shelled small bugs climbing over the instruments to my left. I then noted that the exam room was not very clean. After the 35 minutes, I walked in to the hall and asked what I was waiting for, I was told the office manager. The office manager then came in rather quickly, told me she forgot about me and apologized. In the office, the manager then told me that my insurance (Gardian) was no longer in place, that they were no longer in service, also said she looked up the employer and that the company (employer) no longer offered dental insurance. At that time I walked out of the building. Once home, I called the employer HR, they confirmed that they indeed had dental coverage, and it was Guardian, and it was in force. I will never return to this company. Horrible experience .

Very bad experience at Johnson City Tn aspen dental they are the worst dentist i have ever been to . They make poor dentures and charged me 42 hundred dollars and they still are giving me a fit , and they won't ffix them unless i pay more monry every time i go.

I have a warranty on mine and they still won't fix them. So my husband and I are going to take them court that is alot of money to pay and they don't fit.

@Anonymous

Oh my name is Sherry Biskupski from Johnson City Tn.

Believe it or not, many times the employer SWEARS that dental coverage is in place, but the insurance company SWEARS the patient is not covered. My office has had this happen many, many times.

Dentists want to get paid like everyone else. Who do they believe?

The insurance company usually is the one that knows what they are talking about.I really think it is a mistake to choose dentists based on insurance network. In-network dentists tend to be the youngest and most desperate dentists out there.There is no excuse for "forgetting" a patient seated in the treatment area!Now you know to avoid these corporate clown clubs in the future.

@Seasoned Dentist

Well, the bugs were a nice addition.

I went to Aspen dental they took an x-ray to be able to address my current needs. They were very friendly at first meeting.

The second appointment was a nightmare. they were very rude I waited one and one-half hours for a fifteen minute fitting for my partial. they told me that no one wants to see me because I had a slight cough, that I had already been treated for. I was wearing a mask they were as well.

I was treated as if I had leprosy!

They have no compassion for there patients I am 78 years old. I have never been treated so badly before.

View more comments (4)
Aspen Dental Sanitary Conditions
Cons
  • Professional
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review: Response to comment regarding BUYER BEWARE Review

ASPEN DENTAL SIOUX CITY IOWA BUYER BEWARE additional comments: I am the person who wrote this review. I planned on going to another dentist to have my denture from Aspen Dental adjusted by another dentist. I was told if I did that my denture warranty would be VOID. So damned if I do damned if I don’t. I have filed a complaint with the Iowa Better Business Bureau. In addition I have sent a letter to Aspen Dental corporate offices in New York. Just to make sure this issue does not get sweep under the rug or is deleted!! I would also like to note when I spoke with this office and I received a tongue lashing I never want to go through again!!! Contact like this should NEVER happen to a customer. Maybe they should get instruction in dealing with constructive criticisms. It was constructive when I was there but certainly has escalated once I received the treatment I’ve received!! I wouldn’t mind being contacted by Aspen Dental but certainly not from the Sioux City office. Not interested in going through a second togue lashing!!

The trouble is not many dentists want to mess with dentures made at another office, especially A$pen. Because the patient can start blaming the denture problems on the new dentist.A$pen and other corporate *** show clinics like it don't take all the proper steps to fabricate quality dentures.

Good dentures take at least 5 appointments to get in the mouth and an average of 3 adjustment appointments after that. Everyone wants cheap dentures and no dentist can afford to take all the right steps in fabrication for a cheap price.You might die waiting for A$pen corporate to call you back. They got your money and they don't care about problems you might have.

You mistake A$pen for a dental office owned by a conscientious dentist. A$pen is owned by Wall Street investors and really don't give a cr@p about your satisfaction

@Seasoned Dentist

So if a class action is forming where do I send my documentation? I e written on this website several times. Laurie Lake Sioux City Iowa aka BUYER BEWARE

@Anonymous

That class action lawsuit was a post from a long time ago- 2010 I think No class action lawsuits currently that I have heard about. Best course of action is complain to your Iowa attorney general.

Boards of dentistry cannot punish corporate executives and other employees- only licensed dentists and hygienists. Which is reason enough to stay away from corporate clip joints.

View more comments (2)

Aspen Dental review: Very bad dentures

2.0
Years now since i got my dentures i have had nothing but trouble with this things . My gums always hurt really bad i can't wear them half of the time it feels like they are cutting my gums and upper mouth they don't fit right and i go back and they try to charge me every time . I have a warranty on these for 5 years and they won't fix them unless i pay more money so i am taking you to court.. for pain and suffering i will get my monry so i can go somewhere else . . Thank you Sherry Biskupski.

Sherry,Really don't think the taking the to court thing will do much good. They got more and better lawyers than you can ever afford.It is either a fit or a bite problem.

If it is a fit problem, perhaps a competent private dentist can reline them.

A quality lab reline will cost about 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of a new denture. In this amount of time, you gums and bond will doubtlessly have shrunken.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental review: Lack of Respect

3.0
I have been to this dental practice 7 or 8 times in the past 3 months. I have had interactions witj both dentists,, who i found to be very competant and had excellent people skills. However, I found one dental assistant in particular to be very rough, callous and disrespectful every time i was there. Her treatment of me was as if she was working on a stuffed animal rather than a human being. I was surprised time and time again at het lack of compassion.

I got news for you: if the dentists you like so much are indeed any good, they will be gone in no time. 7-8 months is a LONG time for a professional to work at A$pen.

Usually they last about 6 months.

They give up in desperation after being cheated out of money and not having good assistants. They also get disgusted at helping the corporation scam innocent patients.The only people skills employees need at A$pen is the skill of flim-flamming people to pry as much money from them as possible.

Aspen Dental Physician Assistant
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review: Stephen H. Smith's bad experience with place.

Went to have tooth extracted but then was told I needed three, no problem. I paid to have the teeth taken out, but three trips later still only got two taken out. Told the dentist that when she was trying to take the last one I was feeling pain she tells me it's only pressure I told her that I can tell the difference from pressure and pain. She then tells me they have a oral surgeon comming in the following week. When I taked to this so called specialist he says he can't see any problem with the tooth, then he looked at the X-Ray and tells me it's my wisdom tooth. Well I've never went to dental college but do know where the wisdom teeth are located. I canceled my appointment with and asked for refund for the tooth that wasn't extracted. They told me that was for the so called consultation with this so called specialist. Five minutes with this guy who couldn't even see the tooth that needed to be worked on. They kept my money, this place is a joke.

Sometimes wisdom teeth can be useful; most of the time they cannot.The question is whether or not the other two could have been saved. You have got to get out of this "pull teeth that have problems" habit.PLEASE find a competent and independent dentist, and stop using ones that work in corporate butcher shops.

Machele

"This place is a joke." Duly noted.

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction
Bad quality

BEWARE DO NOT TRUST ASPEN DENTAL OR DENTAL FIRST/COMENITY BA

1.4
I went to Aspen Dental for some dental work in 2015. I was told that the total amount for 2 root canals and a partial lower plus cleanings and crowns would run about $4500. I had dental insurace at the time as well. I was told I could get a partial loan from Dental First/Comenity Bank. I have to date 3 root canals, one extraction, a cavitity, (unfixed as i was told it would cost me $800.00 if i wanted to keep the tooth) and still NO PARTIAL. Aspen had me scheduled in the first year I was with them, scheduled me for a cleaning 3 times. Then even though I paid my copay each time I went to them Aspen put my account under my mothers account and to date has never changed it. My loan amount was $1100. I have been paying every month anywhere from $32.00 to $50.00 and sometimes more. Today is now 2 & 1/2 years since i took out this stupid loan and my balance owed is $1082.00. Tgere is no way to ever get this paid off. BEWARE DO NOT TRUST ASPEN DENTAL OR DENTAL FIRST/COMENITY BANK

You were "told" or were you given anything in writing ? Did you read it ?

By law financial data such as payments, term totals, etc. must be clearly indicated.

If they have failed to perform any portion of the contract, you may have room for a breach of contract action which could result in the nullification of remaining balance or perhaps an award in some small amount for malfeasance depending upon the contractually binding terms. If I were your friend or neighbor, I would take this case just for fun and sort out who did or did not do whatever and delve deeply into the financial aspect of potential usury.

The only reasons to put you under your mother's account would be: 1. You were a minor 2.

You were covered under your mother's insurance. If neither of those were true, it was a mistake to link your account to your mother's.

Of course, the loan drastically complicates things.Never underestimate the ability of A$pen clerical employees to completely mess up an account history.Whatever you do, don't let these clowns or any corporate clip joint like Affordable Dentures make your partial. Bear in mind that any decent cast partial denture will cost between $1500 and $2000.

@Seasoned Dentist

I am 63 years old. My mother, 84, and I went in on the same day for all appointment.

The ONLY thing we have in common is our address. Our names are different. For the last 3 years we have been trying to correct this.

Even calling the home office. I have every document they have ever given me and to date it is still a combined bill.

@Anonymous

Unless you consented to have your mother as a dependent on your bill because of dementia or something, it was stupid of them to put you two on the same account. Boy, what a mess it will be to untangle those accounts.

View more comments (3)
Aspen Dental Dental Services
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental review: Customer complaint

There has been many issues with having crowns and bridge work done. But not the latest is I have received a bill for $1894 after I thought I was finally done with this. About 2 weeks ago I contacted Rachel at the Eau Claire location to inquire about. Apparently I was billed incorrectly. After a week I called and left a message. She never called me back. She said it would take 2 days. Last Thursday I received a call informing that Rachel was out of the office. So today I called again. She was with a patient. Normal story. She does not return calls. What is her problem?

Her problem is A$pen corporate never wants to give up cash. A certain percentage of patients will pay bills for money they don't own just to get them off their backs.

You are not complying with their wishes.A$pen billing is barely-contained chaos. The people who do accounting are ex-hamburger flippers from McDonald's

Aspen Dental Manager
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review: Read my non review ...

3.0
While searching for a new dentist, I came across this "Pissed Consumer Post" and started reading. These reviews are targeting Aspen Dental. The only reason I'm writing about this is because I smelled a Rat..and wanted to get my suspicion out there for you to read. Let me explain... I do not have an opinion about Aspen Dental one way or another. I couldn't care less about what this anonymous person says in his or her reviews about Aspen. After reading some of these reviews I'm almost positive that the reviewer...although anonymous mostly... sounds like its the same person giving these horrible reviews over and over..acting like it is all different people. Yes all of his complaints are very similar....that's not unusual. What is more obvious to me, is his/ her horrific use of the English language! OMG...! Sounds like a Brooklyn Gangster *want to be on Meth...! On *** because he rambles on and on...forever..! I don't claim to be great with English myself ...but my God...if you set out to write a long *** review then at least try to sound half way intelligent. In one review or two, he poses as a ...as he calls it a regular type Dentist.. Not a hot shot corporate dentist... like the kind running the place now...he says. Mr Anonymous must have really got burned somehow by the Corporate Big Wigs running the show now... I'd also like to mention that I do not know or want to know our Aspen reviewer. I guess i had some time to kill...and I really do not like when people try to sound very educated but aren't pulling that scam off. To put it in words you can understand... use smaller words that you can spell and keep your reviews short and sweet.. In closing I'd like to extend to all of you out there reading this... my apologies...and to Mr. anonymous try SpellCheck.. and ease up off of that pipe ; )

Well Mr. Educated SmartyPants, you just ignore what us ignorant regular folk ("rats" as you call us) say and march over to Aspen for treatment.

See for yourself. Some people gotta learn the hard way.

Sadly, A$pen's customer base consists of many uneducated and/or unsophisticated consumers. Those are EXACTLY the type of people most susceptible to TV advertisements that are con jobs.

Educated people know full well to steer clear of health professionals advertising on TV.I worked for a 1st generation corporate chop shop decades ago and lasted 1.5 years. Never again!Weekly in my private practice in Topeka I see patients who have been fleeced by inappropriate or incompetent treatment by these illegal corporate dental mills, A$pen being by far the worst.

(Fined by FOUR state attorney's general already!) It makes my blood boil. We health professionals swear an oath to care for patients, not mistreat them and empty their wallets to please Wall Street investors.If you could walk in my shoes for one week you would vomit at the site of corporate clip joints.The fact that many of these poor patients are not well educated and make mistakes in grammar does not detract from the truth of what has been done to them!