Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Daytona Beach, Florida - Pulled wrong tooth damàged crown fillings not done properly

Aspen Dental - Pulled wrong tooth damàged crown fillings not done properly
Aspen Dental old wrong tooth they damage my crown all the feelings they've done has fell out I had a filling done by Aspen 2 months ago I decided to go see another dentist to see if it was properly fixed and it wasn't in fact all the fillings they have done all had to be redone. I feel like Aspen Dental has taken advantage of me as the total bill was $5,000 and I'm still paying on it I have no insurance and I have *** in my mouth a crown that was damage and fillings that Stills to be done this is unacceptable

Punctuation is your friend.

Aspen Dental - I was very disappointed in the new dentures i paid 2600. 00

1.3
I had saved the money to get the best and i got the worst service and the bad fitting dentures. I paid 2600.00 and have never been able to wear them.... Barbara knight

Aspen Dental - BUYER BEWARE

ASPEN DENTAL SIOUX CITY BUYER BEWARE I find it very odd my previous unfavorable review seems to have disappeared. I received a full upper and partial lower. My previous dentures had lasted for about 10 years. This product was of very very poor quality. When I discussed my concerns with the young dentist she continually replied “this how we did it in dental school”. “I never saw anything thing like this in dental school”. I returned the partial then and there. I needed to keep the upper for awhile until I can find something else. Since I currently can barely chew I called today regarding an adjustment. I was immediately chastised for writing the previous unfavorable review. Also if I went to another dentist just for an adjustment my warranty would be void. So my choices are return to a very hostile environment or simply chew with pain. Cost is another issue. I am retired, handicapped and do not drive. So when I paid $7.20 each time I took the handicap bus. Or over $10 for an independent person. All these costs adds up when one is on social security. I am retired however my time also has value. The Aspen Dental office double and triple book appointments. My case this impacted me personally. When getting a filling the dentist administered the novicane. By the time she returned the novicane had worn out and required giving me a second one. Gosh transportation costs. Time costs(even though I am retired my time is still valuable). Additional pain due to neglecte in administrating timely service. And now suffering with dentures I can’t eat with. My quality of life has diminished significantly. Certainly a refund was offered for the dentures. What about the refund to me this whole ordeal has caused. Let’s see if this review mysteriously disappears like the previous one AGAIN I SAY BUYER BEWARE. not just for the finished product but for the actions of Aspen Dentall

Good dentures and partial are very difficult and expensive to make. They aren't cheap.

Bottom line is no dentist, no matter how good, can make good partial and full dentures at this chop shop with the supplies, instruments, and crummy labs they have to use.You are right about them triple booking.

The young dentists can't even handle a schedule of one patient at a time, much less three. Inexperienced young dentists and an overbooked schedule is not conducive to good dental care.Maybe an independent dentist can reline them to make them comfortable enough to wear.

h.kitchener

Bite the bullet, so to speak and find a dentist in private practice in your area. Far too many complaints about Aspen to feel comfortable about going there.

View more comments (1)

Aspen Dental in Owatonna, Minnesota - Took advantage of a vulnerable adult

1.4
They had a guy who has aspberger's disease in their office get him to buy a bunch of stuff,that he could of bought at walmart for a lot less.Had him sign an agreement for over 4 thousand dollars of work, made him get a credit card for 3 thousand dollars and they took the money he had in savings and did a bunch of work right away. The guy has medical assistance but they dont take his insurance.instead of helping him find a dentist who will help him, they took advantage of him. And he was a new patient and they did not give him any free exam as advertised in the mail.

Not the least bit surprising. The crooks that own this place would steal from their own grandparents.To be fair, no decent dentist mess with Medicaid.

It is a money-losing proposition. Still you would expect them to honor their promise of a free exam and x-rays.When A$pen sees money in a bank account or an open line of credit it is like a wolf seeing a stranded baby sheep.

There is no way it is not going to disappear quickly and forever.When Wall Street private equity types start muscling in a healing profession, no good can come for patients. Don't think other corporate chains will be any different.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Leominster, Massachusetts - Unsatisfied Dentures

1.7
Last April 2017 My husband needed to have his upper teeth removed, have a top plate made for him. He has had a hard time eating and has lost weight. He has been very upset due to the fact that the dentures to not fit properly .It is now the end of April 2018 he had a plate made in April 2017. We were in Florida the winter December 2017 to April 2018. While we were in Florida his plate had wholes where the teeth were suppose to be. Aspen dental in Florida made him another plate, after a couple of months the plate split in two. Aspen dental put some kind of covering over the split. We are now home in Mass. the plate has split again. Aspen dental in Mass. has tried to cover the split and it did not work here either. They no state they will make another plate. My husbands mouth is very sore and tender from the irradiation he has had in his mouth. I also had a set of Dentures made April 2017 and have been having poor fitting dentures they have file them down and up and to this day April 2018 I can not where them. I too have been back and forth to have them fit properly, they still do not fit correctly and I am unable to ware them. I will be filing a complaint for my money back . This is no way to run a business and yes the staff changes all the time including the doctors Joe and Joanne FitchburgMa

Jo and Joanne:Wow, what a mistake you both made having dentures made by the same scammers at the same time. Instead of ONE unwearable denture, you now have TWO!Typically when a patient has lower natural teeth below an upper denture, the denture takes quite a pounding and often breaks.

Good dentists reinforce the denture with strong metal to prevent this from happening.Dentures are no fun and some patients cannot adapt to them, even if they are made well. But if you had them done at A$pen, you can be sure all the steps were not taken to construct them well.A$pen and other sleazy corporate joints like Affordable Dentures, Coast, and Great Expressions have terrible pay and working conditions, and staff don't stay there long. It will always be like that. The money for the corporate execs, advertising, and investor profit has to come from somewhere.

That somewhere is staff pay.Look, if you want quality dentistry you have to pay for it. High-quality dentures made by good dentists cost $1700-$2000 EACH.

Anything you have done at these cr@ppy corporate joints will be substandard. Get yourselves evaluated by a competent independent dentist to see where you stand!

Review
Cons
  • Poor managment and cs
  • Have ruined my mouth
  • Last april 2017
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental - Nightmare in Aspen

1.4
I’d leave no stars if possible !! Aspen Dental is TOTALLY Deceptive about free first visit & xrays; deceptive about in network discounts! I prepaid $1085.00 & then another $43.00 which I was billed from their corporate office. Now they’re saying another $807.00! That is anything but close as they had assured me it would be, but the total on the page balanced out to a zero. They blame my insurance, but the insurance stated they had reached the benefit limit. The first filling, the doctor kept drilling on me even after I told her twice I was in bad pain! No apologies either! Also, while I sat in the chair on the visit after that, she remarked “I could tell from the very first time that he was going to be a problem!” Her assistant agreed; I’m shocked because I was just sitting in the chair while they were doing the procedure! Initially, I thought they were so nice, professional, honest and affordable! However, with all these negative actions, deceptive billing and overcharging, I’m now seriously regretting that I ever even considered them! They’ve been sued for deception in other locations and it all sounds very familiar! It was on the news in 2012. Check YouTube! I DON’T recommend this place to anyone!!!

Yep, what you say is typical of what I hear from my ex-A$pen patients.My only comment is you should know your insurance and be aware when you are approaching you maximum. Yearly maximums are pretty low and don't go very far these days.You don't want to hear this, but it is the truth.

If you select dentists base on them being "in-network" your insurance company, you get dentists that are bottom-of-the-barrel.

Typically crooks are the only ones who can make money treating patients on these plans. Thus you get scammers like A$pen on your plan.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental - I was talked out of getting dentures uppers.

2.3
the dentist said i would have trouble adjusting to dentures. i am on soc. sec, and did reserce and found aspin to be fare price. went in thinking upper dentures affordable dentures. i was talked into partial upper had several teeth pulled fitted for the partial. what could have been maybe 1000 dollars (and that is high) ended up being over 4000 dollars.i was desperat for a nice smile,and scared to death of getting dentures. now i still have at least 3 teeth that are bothering me,(3 out of 9) if they pull them i only have my front teeth left. i went to aspen because my dentist was costing to much money filling then pulling the next year. this is all new ofcourse, and i hate confertation. so now im 2000 in debt, and havent got my permanant partial. i canceald my caps until i can afford them and that wont happen any time soon because 2000 out of soc. sec is a life time. thank you for letting me rambale,but i am at a loss of what to do,and sick of crying over this. gail miller keene NH gailmiller1454@gmail.com

Gail,Complicated tasks cost money, and that is a fact. Thanks to inflation and the Obamacare tax on health equipment and supplies, $1000-2000 doesn't go very far anymore.The cheapest route is always to extract the teeth impractical to save, let the gums heal for at least 3 months, THEN start construction of the final partial.

However, few patients are willing to do it this way. Any other way including temporary partials cost a lot of money.Some teeth are always better than no teeth. Patients are almost always disappointed with full dentures.

Partial dentures are easier to wear.Your mistake was going to two of the worst dental outfits on the planet, instead of a competent and independent dentist. My only suggestion is to backtrack and have a good independent dentist evaluate your situation now.

@Seasoned Dentist

the worst dental outit on the planet well thats just great i thought i had checked every angel well update i have a full upper denture i know what things cost,but the adds dont say oh you will end up paying 4,000 for just a top denture. no it says few hundred not few thousand and of course i have months of fitting and refitting i could write more,but i dont think i have enough space sick to death in NH

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Inverness, Florida - Only 60% down to schedule a cleaning.

2.4
While visiting Aspen for a routine cleaning they knocked a crown lose. I had to go for a root canal and then had Aspen fit my new crown. They were so worried about payment that they failed to schedule my next cleaning. After 5 months I received a text reminder to schedule one. I called and they had an opening a week away so I accepted. I was put on hold and when the receptionist returned I was told that I had to put down a 60% deposit to schedule an appointment because it was less than 30 days. I told them that was insulting for a 2 year patient that has had thousands of dollars worth of procedures with them. They failed to schedule now they want me to pre-pay. I got me records and told them to shove it. Thanks Aspen. (Inverness, Fl.)

Good move. No telling how much damage these rascals would have done to your mouth had you continued going there.You will probably be surprised at how much money you will save going to a reputable dental office.

Please let this be the last chain or corporate dental offices you ever go to. There are plenty of honest independent dentists in every state I visit.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Carrollton, Georgia - Stay away!!!

I went to Aspen for the free consultation. I recently received my EOB to find that Aspen filed a claim. When I called, I was told that the free exam and X-ray is only for patients without insurance. I informed her that nobody ever told me that. She was rude so I told her I would call my insurance company to let them deal with the issue. When I called Himana, the rep was concerned that they were not making this public knowledge. She also pointed out that they billed my insurance for an extra X-ray which was not covered by my insurance, which left me with a balance. Humans called Aspen on 3 way. My rep ripped into her accusing Aspen of ins fraud. Aspen said they would remove the extra X-ray and apologized but stated that billing insurance for the free consultation is with their rights. Needless to say, I filed a complaint with the BBB. I did not use Aspen and left less than impressed. Please google Aspen and read their reviews along with the class action lawsuits they’re involved with now. Humans did file a complaint with Aspen on their end.

What??? This sleazy investor-owned corporation advertised deceptively?

That's incredible. I guess the next thing is someone is going to find a politician who actually told a lie.A$pen is actually breaking the law by "insurance overbilling" when they charge an insured patient something and don't charge an uninsured patient for the same thing.Telling lies to patients is nothing new to this gang.

They have been slammed by four state attorneys general already for cheating patients.Glad you foiled their plan. Good thinking on your part.

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental - They suck

I felt like they just my money and left me in alot of pain. Than i call them at 9:30 am and told them that i was still in alot of pain so they told me to come in nothing still got done so *** aspen yall got some money its cool through yall aint getting no more business from me

They don't like to give prescriptions, either. Wonder if it is because the low-life dentists they employ lost their drug licenses?

Few patient I have talked to get pain prescriptions even after fairly tough surgery.

Once they got your money you pain is your problem. Next time it might be better to go to a real dentist