Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Saginaw, Michigan - Unsatisfied customer

1.2
Went in to get some dental work, they rushed mw through the appointments one every week, the dentist did 5 fillings to fill in where the gum was receeded exposing the nerve. I asked for him to bond them and when he did he drilles the roots so mich that the nerves were left exposed, causing a lot of pain and discomfort. He refused to fix them, kept giving me *** excuses as to why they were painful after the fillings. Got top and bottom partials they didnt fit he jammed them into my mouth causing severe pain and had to pry them out with a tool. He adjusted them 3 times and still they didnt work. I asked for a refund and they keep giving me the run around about having to see the denture specialist, before I could get a refund. I would not recommend anyone to go there. After he messed up my teeth, he referred me to amother specialist to fix what he screwed up, costing me more money.

Yep, sounds about typical. Sad part is there are no older dentists to mentor these recent graduates.Even I could not construct partial dentures that fit at a joint like A$pen.

Wouldn't have the equipment, supplies, or lab support to do the job right.Question for you: Why did you choose this corporate chop shop for dental care to begin with? Was it the promise of a "FREE" exam?

Aspen Dental - Appt for Cleaning

1.8
I tried making an appt, the receptionist said she had to ask the dr a question once she took my name then put me on hold for 12 minutes and during the whole time kept putting me on automatic hold cause it would pick up and on hold again. She came back acted like she didn’t remember me and started making the appt . I asked her if she was the one I was talking to the first time she said no but it was the same voice. Another 10 mins trying to make an appt and her being extremely rude by the way she was asking me questions . I finally hung up .this was not the first time I’ve had complaints on the office staff especially about not returning phone calls. I’m very disappointed in the front staff. The back staff is awesome. Need better customer service training and maybe listen to their on hold recording more to learn.

No sense investing money training these rascals when they will be gone for a better-paying job in 6 months or less No decent employees, front or back, stay at A$pen for long.Thinking things will eventually improve in patient service is like believing you will eventually see pigs fly.Don't understand why you are rolling the dice going to these corporate chop shops when there are so many good dentists out there.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Milledgeville, Georgia - Exchanged a Painful Crown For Another One

2.4

Update by user Jul 20, 2018

This is what was sent to me on Yelp but, I didn't respond. I'm still debating whether to or just go to a lawyer to see what can be done...

Comment from S S. of Aspen Dental Business Owner 7/2/2018 • I’m sorry to hear about your experience.

If you would like to discuss further, please call me at (315) 454-6000 extension 201791 I will be happy to speak with you. Tammy ADMI Read less

Original review posted by user May 12, 2018

See Screen shots of last review...Lastly, I have yet to receive the 1st statement in the mail regarding the past services rendered. They been advised to send to my POB and not my physical address... Also, how did they help me as a customer trading one extremely painful crown that was pulled out to another excruciating painful crown after the deep leading procedure. I wished I never agreed to get it done now...

Hate to tell you, but there is a snowball's chance in Hades that an A$pen serf-dentist will return your call at 3 in the morning. Usually A$pen executives don't trusts dentists to have the keys to the office and the alarm code. So even if they wanted to treat you in the middle of the night, they could not.Now that you have been fleeced by a corporate chain dental clinic, don't you think it is time to find a reputable, honest independent dentist for your future care?

Aspen Dental - ***
I have several problems with Aspen Dental one I was in there to get an exam I got the exam my husband went there to go get his partials taking care of adjust it they messed up his partials now he can't wear them and they were supposed to mail me my paper insurance card they never did I had to call my insurance company to get a hard card and my husband got a letter in the mail stating that he owes $231 to Aspen Dental when we pay the $89 to get his partials adjusted everything else should have been free is what they told us because he's a new patient so why should we have to pay this when the only thing that he got and he paid $89 for was the adjustment I hope they take care of it because I will be calling them first thing Monday morning

I just want my money back they are liers. How can I get my money back

I looked at the images of your bill. Thought you might like to know that A$pen's price for a radiographic series was $12 more than my price in Topeka.

Lots of patients go to A$pen thinking they will save money. Many pay more, and get mediocre treatment at best.

And you believed them when they said the charge would only be $89! You fell for the old bait and switch technique!There are things called "periods" which really help people understand what you write.

They belong at the end of every sentence.Find an independent dentist that can help you.

Since A$pen broke their word and charge your husband for his x-rays, demand that they transfer them to his new dentist. NEVER use a corporate chain dental clinic again!

View more comments (2)
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental - Waste Of Time

Wait time: 1 hour and 30 min- long wait. Nothing will be accomplished on the initial visit. The first visit is a consult- chief complaint is ignored. No privacy to discuss treatment options. Fast xray. Was told the office is getting ready to close therefore, they don' t have time for a cleaning. High prices, low reciprocity. Overall rating 3 only cause they can perform xrays. To anyone out there, if you want your dental benefits maxed out. Visit Aspen Dental Madison Tn

I don't think Madison, TN is much different than Madison, Wisconsin in that regard. They max your insurance in debt and THEN put you in debt!They get something done on the first visit all right.

They muscle you to sign a treatment plan with a credit agreement.

Then, unlike all other dentists, they charge the total treatment plan up front and put you in debt.This is fraud, pure and simple. Not surprisingly considering that a bunch of Wall Street private equity guys own this outfit, lock, stock, and barrel.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental - Tried to pull a tooth and give me $3k in procedures I did NOT NEED!

2.2

Update by user May 11, 2018

ZERO STAR REVIEW - if I was able to

Original review posted by user May 11, 2018

I was told I needed treatment for gum disease, it was a $1200 charge and it had to be done immediately. They refused to clean my teeth because it was "unethical" to do that and not treat the gum disease too. They were really pressuring me and using scare tactics. The doctor came in and told me a tooth needed pulled and that I needed a crown. She said the tooth needed pulled ASAP, it could not wait (even though it doesn't hurt at all). Total cost $3k. I was very upset and worried. needing a front tooth pulled is a hard thing to accept. I went to a different dentist to get another opinion and he told me I did not have gum disease and I didn't need any special treatment and that it's harmful to have that kind of deep cleaning done when you don't need it. He also thoroughly examined my tooth (something the Aspen Dental doctor did not do) and said he saw no reason it needed to come out. I can't state strongly enough how awful Aspen Dental is. Stay away. If you do go there get a 2nd opinion on anything they tell you. I'm so glad that I was strong willed enough to stand up to them otherwise they would have ended up removing a tooth that didn't need to be and I saved myself $3,000 as well.

I had five crowns. The dentist told me all of my older silver filling needed replaced ( I only went in for 1 that the tooth had cracked under).

I now know I was probably a scam. They wanted to do a implant for a front tooth that had a crown because the crown was poorly fitted.

I'm glad we were in the middle of moving or I might have made an even bigger mistake. PS I still have the same crown over a year later.

Good move! If other patients were as astute as you, organized crime syndicates like A$pen would be defunct in no time.

Unfortunately, a good number of people believe any advertisement they see on TV.What you describe is not unusual. A$pen employees will treatment plan almost anything to meet monthly revenue goals set by the executives. I once had a young college student A$pen planned for THIRTEEN fillings. I examined him carefully, even retaking all x--rays so my diagnosis would be accurate.

The boy actually had NO cavities.Drilling on people's teeth for not reason is no problem for these rascals.

Neither is doing Scaling and Root planing for a patient with no gum disease. Stay FAR away from this chain of chop shops and others like it.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • That i could get an appointment quickly
Cons
  • Tried to sell me procedures i didnt need
False medical advice
Preferred solution
I just want to warn people about this awful place

Aspen Dental in Mobile, Alabama - Horriable service

1.2
I called aspen to discuss insurance on 4/8 . was told to come in 4/10 AT 6 PM/ LEFT WORK TO GO TO OFFICE. NO BODY THERE TO TALK TO . WAS TOLD TO CALL TODAY 4/11 AT 12.30PM TO TALK TO SOMEONE. I WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 15 MINUTES . WAS HUNG UP ON. TRIED TO CALL BACK OFFICE CLOSED. I THINK MAYBE AFTER 2 WEEKS OF CALLING AND NOT GETTING ANSWER MAYBE THEY DONT NEED NEW CLIENTS. IM DONE...WHEN A COMPANY GETS SO BIG THE CUSTOMER IS NO LONGER THEIR FOCUS..THEN THE CUSTOMER NEEDS TO MAYBE US A SMALLER DENTAL SERVICE ONE WHERE WE ARE NUMBER ONE. I WONDER SOMETIMES WHY PEOPLE DONT GET DENTAL WORK DONE///I KNOW WHY

Ha-ha! You fell for the old "Make an appointment and we'll talk it over" trick.

If the visit doesn't produce revenues that will help them get their monthly bonus, they don't want to stay at the office to see you, pal! They don't want confrontations over their chaotic billing!Why did you choose a gigantic corporate chain of chop shops rather than an honest independent dentist anyway?

Are you one of those people who believe every TV commercial you hear?You chose a sleazy chain of dental office that are technically operating illegally in most states, and you are reaping the results of your poor choice. Choose differently next time- and don't think similar corporate crime syndicates like Coast, Dental One, or Great Expressions will be much different!

Review
Cons
  • Wasting my time
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental - SHODDY WORKMANSHIP ON PARTIALS

After numerous visits to the Zephyrhills, FL branch I finally stopped going. The wires connect to my teeth the other wires in the partials are coming through and digging into my gums. I cannot wear them to eat, use just for show. There is a 1/8 inch gap on bottom from the gum to the partial. I have never seen such shoddy work. My original partials were over 20 years old and I was able to eat with them and had no problems, I assure you I will not recommend Aspen Dental to anyone. Also, your dental plans have just a high interest rate you have to double your payment to get anywhere.

To make a decent partial denture, as dentist must have an instrument called a Surveyor design the clasps and the undercuts they go into. A$pen dentists have told me that no A$pen offices even have dental surveyors in them.Even if dentists could design the partials properly, the labs they are forced to use by A$pen cannot do a good job.

So there is really no way you are going to get a wearable partial from this clown club.Any sort of well-designed, carefully fabricated partial is going to cost $1500-2000 EACH from reputable dentists.

Just so you know when you try to have the same thing done by a competent dentist next time.NEVER go to dental offices owned by Wall Street investors rather than licensed dentists. Furthermore, any dentist that has to advertise on TV is a swindler.

Damaged or defective
Full refund

ASPEN DENTAL MAY HAVE PERMANENTLY RUINED MY TONGUE!!!

I went in to Aspen Dentals office to have a root canal performed. On the first day the root canal ran too late so the dentist put a temporary filling in and sent me on my way with another appointment to have a permanent filling and temporary crown done. During this second appointment the dentist immediately gave me two shots, one of which sent an electrical shock through my tongue and jaw and made my face feel really hot. After the procedure i left like everything was normal. Over the next couple of days my tongue continued to be numb so I was in contact with the office about why and if it would get better. They were all extremely ignorant and couldnt/wouldnt give me an answer as to why my tongue was numb and if it would get better. I went to another dentist who told me I had parasthesia because a nerve was severely damaged or severed with the nerve block needle. I still to this day have no feeling in my tongue. I was never given any warnings about complications and still havent received an apology. STAY FAR AWAY!!!!

Lingual or inferior alveolar nerve strikes are a random chance event and happen to ALL DENTISTS who give injections. Usually they don't result in numbness, but sometimes they do.

There is NOTHING that can be done.

Feeling usually returns within six months.By the way, injection strikes NEVER sever the nerve. That can only happen with a surgery like lower impacted wisdom tooth removal.Knowing this, you STILL should not return to A$pen, as you will be overtreated and/or otherwise scammed.

@Seasoned Dentist

Im not sure if it happens to all dentists. Ive called atleast 6 and explained my situation before actually going to one and none had seen this only heard of it.

Im sorry bit to me this is a big deal and youre trying to make it seem typical. I should have been warned and provided a waiver of some sort which i wasnt.

@Jonathan

It happens to EVERY DENTIST that gives injections, whether they admit it to you or not. It happens to me about once or twice a year, While not "typical", it is common.

NOTHING can be done to prevent it, anymore than anyone can prevent earthquakes.Now, imagine this. The average dentist gives 2-5 thousand anesthetic injections a year. Should they be required to have EVERY PATIENT HAVING AN INJECTION sign an informed consent for a side effect that is virtually always temporary? It would increase the cost of dental care quite a lot.Don't worry, your feeling will come back.

It always comes back in my experience.

It may take a month, it will probably be within 6 months. The most it will take is a little under a year.Don't even think of contacting a lawyer because no permanent damage was done and no negligence could be found for a random chance event.Regardless, A$pen is a horrible choice for dental care, as are other investor-owned dental clinics

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Will never return
  • Dentist attitude or practice
Lingual Nerve Damage
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Aspen Dental COMPLAINT

Aspen Dental - Complaint, refusal of service

This is the second time I have drove 45 min one way for an appointment and sat and never was seen so I walked out for the second time!!!

I wish I had been that Lucky! Count your blessings, someone was looking out for you.

Wow, dude! You drove 45 minutes to go to a sleazy clip joint named A$pen Dental.

No telling how many great independent dentists you passed along the way.Are you so determined to have a corporate chop shop treat you that you will go back for a third try? What is it A$pen has that you don't think you will find at other dental offices?

View more comments (1)