Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Owasso, Oklahoma - The run around. Made initial appointment for my 6 mos and

Arrived to find that oh we are just looking at your teeth today. You will have to schedule a cleaning another time. Next thing I chipped a tooth and made the appointment. Oh we just need to look you will have to reschedule for it to be fixed. Did that. Got a call today that the dentist can’t stay past 5 so you will need to reschedule for another visit and the soonest for a 5 o’clock is another week. I am totally pissed.!! I left an individual dentist for this circus. My insurance not I should have to pay a damn dime for my tooth to be fixed.

Your next-to-last sentence said it all. "I left an individual dentist for this circus."Why exactly did you make that silly decision?

Do you believe TV commercials? Or are you a good little sheep that wants to do everything your insurance company tells you to do?A$pen's Smart Scheduling prioritizes more profitable appointments- like yanking teeth out for dentures.

They really don't care too much about your broken tooth. They will fix it when it is convenient for them.

Aspen Dental in Traverse City, Michigan - Only care about the money

1.3
I called them today to cancel all of my future appointments that I had set up and pre-paid for and get a refund. I went yesterday to get some routine fillings re-filled after having them done several years ago at a different office. The dentist cracked my tooth because he must have used too large of a filling for that tooth or maybe drilled in the wrong direction, but regardless, he cracked my tooth, they even have the x-rays to show that my tooth was not cracked in any way prior to this. The office manager told me that the expense of now having to get a crown (which my insurance doesn't cover- therefore would double the total for all of my services combined) is MY expense. I explained to her that I shouldn't have to pay for this as my tooth wasn't cracked prior to their dentist cracking it, and she just said "well sometimes these things happen and we can't prevent it. The dentist didn't mean to." I never said he "meant to." But regardless of meaning to, he did. And it wasn't my fault so I shouldn't be responsible for paying out of pocket for their mistake. I am switching all future appointments with a different office that a family member recommended. I am now in pain from this tooth being cracked and have to wait to get in with a new office. On a side note, when the dentist was drilling this filling, the assistant looked at him and said, "uh oh." They gave each other a look but waited to explain to me that my "tooth was cracked." Rather than admitting that HE cracked my tooth. Very unprofessional and I will be spreading the word around my office and to everyone I know as well.

I hope you don't mean you are merely changing appointments to another A$pen office. Because if you think things will be different at another A$pen office, you are delusional.You might wait a while for that refund you requested- like at least a year.

Thieves don't give up their booty easily.

Incidentally, why would these crooks demand to be paid for treatment that will be performed in the future? Normal dentists never do that.

Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental - Paid over $6,000.00 now need repairs in the amount of over $7,000.00

As a direct result of services or lack of I am suffering from pain when I consume hot or cold foods when they come in contact with the tooth that Aspen Dental did the crown on. I am afraid my front teeth will chip while consuming any type of food. I trusted Aspen Dental would provide me with the proper treatment when they invoiced me for services that I would receive from them. So I could consume any types of food. On my second visit I was to get fillings on my front teeth and after Dr Patel started the work she told me I needed another filling on a additional tooth that did not even show on the x-Ray and was not part of the price invoiced to do the work. Dr Patel also told me there would be an additional charge to do the work so she had to stop the work I already paid for to sign a consent form to do so. I did not sign the consent form, I wrote refused. The next words from Dr Patel “these fillings need to be crowns” I did not respond to her statement nor did she quote me a price. I was floored by Dr Patel’s comments. After I got home I realized what happened was very disturbing, in how could Dr Patel know that tooth needed a filling when it did not appear on the x-ray and why would she even do the fillings when she told me they should have been crowns. What is the purpose of doing the X-ray’s in the first place? Why did Dr Patel not tell me that the fillings needed to be crowns before she even started working on my front teeth? After all she knew before she even started working on my front teeth that the front teeth needed to be crowns. I believe it was because once she started the work I would have no choice to do the work at an additional charge. I was told by Dr Patel on my last visit I needed a root canal instead of a crown. Dr Patel never gave me a price nor did she get a consent form to either do the work or my refusal to have the work performed. I believe they drilled so deep into this tooth so I would need further repair at an additional fee. Aspen Dental provided me with an invoice not an estimate. The difference being an estimate could mean the dollar amount charged could be higher or lower. An invoice is final and if any additional work was needed it should have been done at no charge. The fact being Aspen Dental did their own x-rays. I believe that Aspen Dental is involved in overcharging consumers and recommending services that are not necessary. I myself was told additional work was needed on 2 separate visits that was not included in my invoice. I spoke to 2 different patients on my visits to the location on Shallowford Rd in Chattanooga Tn and they told me that they also were told additional work would be necessary. In my case Aspen Dental did work on a front tooth that did not even show up on their own x-Ray. There is no way a dentist can detect that a tooth needs a repair without an x-Ray to support the need. The whole purpose of x-rays are to support the recommendations made by a dentist or a doctor. The consent form that I signed (refused) is the deal breaker because if they fail to provide this for review it would be borderline criminal behavior and a cover up. If they are unable to provide this document my claim can still be verified with my dental records. Example would be that they charged for one filling but the chart indicates that they did two would only support my claim of a cover up. If this is found to be true I would recommend that any office that the owner of the Shallowford Rd has be audited by an independent source so that they can assure consumers that repairs recommended are truly legitimate. There is also a huge difference in the cost I was billed for services and the amounts posted on their website. This may well be another case of overcharging customers for increased profits on Aspen Dental behalf. After all I went to the office from the information listed on the website.

Sometimes decay does not show up on x-rays, and is discovered when doing another filling. But I agree with you: never have I seen decay so deep a crown is needed, and nothing showed up on x-ray.The real owner of the office on Shallowford Road is A$pen.

It is a lie when they say each office is individually owned by a dentist. They tell this lie so they won't be in trouble with State Boards of Dentistry.Nerves of teeth sometimes get inflamed and die after doing deep fillings and crowns. Sometimes sealing around them with a penetrating resin will eliminate it, but not when the pain is severe.You sound like an educated person. I don't understand how you chose a sleazy corporate chop shop like A$pen.

Usually patients like you do their research and patronize health professionals that are highly rated. The pay is extremely low at A$pen.

To make decent money, young dentists must hustle patients for all the treatment they can possibly pay for. A$pen is a lose-lose situation for young dentists and patients alike.PLEASE find a competent and honest dentist to take it from here, and give an honest assessment of what has been done so far.

Review
Cons
  • Shoddy work
Wrong procedure
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin - Amazing

4.8
I had a great first visit! The gal up front helped me check in and also sat me in the back and helped the doctor with my treatment.
Good customer service

Aspen Dental - Many $$$

a few years back I wen to Aspen, they fixed a few teeth, made a upper plate,, really did a nice job, a tad under 3K, fast forward 4 years, yes I do need some lower work done, but, answer me this, why mess with the uppers, and remove 2 teeth that appear fine??, so with removing the extra 2 teeth on the upper, I have to get a new plate made, my old one fits wonderful, the lower work they want to do is removing 3 lower teeth, filling one, and making a plate, im confused, price started at 11K, and got lowered to 7.5. makes one wonder, im gonna go get a second opnion, now I will say this, the dentist I used last time, is still there, and she is fantastic at removing teeth

The most incredible part of your story is that a dentist has survived at A$pen for several years. Most of the time they leave after about 6 months.Standard protocol is when teeth get loose, do a root canal on them and grind them off even with the gums.

Then place an "overdenture" on top of them. This preserves bone and makes super-stable dentures. It is harder to do, so newbie dentists at A$pen rarely do things that way.No matter how "fantastic" you think the A$pen dentist is, get a second opinion from an independent dentist who owns his practice.

You don't save money on treatment you don't need, anyway. A$pen is constantly dreaming up new treatment that patients "need."

h.kitchener

Get a second opinion from a dentist in private practice in your area. The cost for the exam might just save your alot of money and/or aggravation.

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue

Terrible Company- Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental is very unprofessional and will try every method to refer braces and claim cavities just to get codes sent to your insurance. I have never worked with a more unprofessional company. For a simple teeth cleaning, they billed our insurance incorrectly, several employees had no idea how to fix their errors, it took 2 days for the Toledo OH office to answer their phone, and the blame was pushed everywhere except on an employee who could actually fix it. I am embarrassed for anyone who is associated with Aspen Dental. After contacting the corporate office, they still transferred me to the local dental office.

Administration at A$pen is utter chaos. The bonuses are for billing and collecting more revenues, not rectifying patient problems.

Nobody cares much if insurance is billed wrong.Employees come and go like flies on a fresh dog turd.

Nobody worth a flip works at the *** corporate clinic for long. You are much better off at a private dental office owned by an actual dentist, instead of private equity investors.

To understand A$pen dental, you have to understand this. The sleazy chain is owned by private equity investors instead of dentists.

Its sole purpose is to relieve consumers of as much cash by any means possible, and transfer it to the A$pen corporate bank account.Once you understand this fact, you understand why they don't want to answer the phone. They don't want to answer your questions or address your concerns. There is no money in it for them. If it doesn't involve charging and collecting more money, it is not important.Another thing: A$pen gets nearly all its new patients from TV advertisements.

Independent dentists get most of theirs through referrals by satisfied patients. It is important for independent dentist to please patients, because new patient referrals depend on it. How patients are treated at A$pen doesn't matter.

Not many patients refer their friends and coworkers to A$pen anyway. They hustle new patients via TV ads.

View more comments (1)
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental - Positive

5.0
My experience was positive very helpful and professional.

Aspen Dental in Frankfort, Kentucky - Complaint

In april of 2018 I was given epinephrine after telling them that I couldn't have epinephrine.I specified on the paperwork that they gave me to fill out that I couldn't have epinephrine. When I got my crown prep Dr Bates administered epinephrine to me anyway without my knowledge and I had a severe reaction to it. It was an experience that I should not have had to endure. I expect compensation for the negligence of Dr Bates.

Resolved

What was your severe reaction? The only one I ever see from sensitive patients is a rapid pulse simulating a panic attack.

Nothing life threatening.Here is the fact. There is NO anesthetic TOTALLY FREE OF EPINEPHRINE that works worth a darn. Your only option is no epinephrine and endure some pain.On sensitive patients, I use Marcaine which has half the epinephrine that lidocaine does. And I am careful with the amount I give.

Never had a problem with it.When medical doctors (who don't know much about dentistry) tell me a patient can't have any epinephrine, I tell them that I just can't treat the patient.

Oral surgeons even numb up patients who are having general anesthesia. By the way, epinephrine (also called adrenaline) is a natural substance produced by the human body.Regardless, you are taking a health risk going to a sleazy place like A$pen for dental treatment.

@Seasoned Dentist

I couldnt breath and my whole body was shaking very bad. This is not the first time and there is something else thats works.

I know. I have had something else and it worked fine so dont tell me because I have experienced it.

And I am 70 yrs old and It is my chose to never experience what happened again. If a dentist gives me ephinehine When I tell them not to then there is a problem.

@Anonymous

Many times as patients get older we can do fillings in them without numbing them. As I said, anesthetics with no epinephrine like Carbocaine and Prilocaine do not work very well on the average patient. Every human is different.Yours is a sensitivity problem and not an allergic reaction.

@Seasoned Dentist

Resolved

View more comments (4)

Aspen Dental in Hanover, Pennsylvania - Poor customer service

1.7
Scheduled initial evaluation for painful gingivitis. Everything was going great until it came time to see the Dr. I waited 45 minutes for a 5 min. speech. Then when I called back to schedule my first cleaning, my appointment got changed without even telling me because the hygienist left early. Had I not called in to confirm I would have never known. So I rescheduled and sure enough they did it to me again. Poor management as far as I am concerned. Will never recommend.

2.4
Aspen Dental - Had teeth pulled and dentures put in
I had all teeth pulled didnt feel a thing excellent dentist finance department was right on the penny now the bad is the guy making the dentures does not apply pride in his work dont care they looked like hacked crap and they call them comfilights more like scrap and look in far back teeth out of line and just crap and there is a pic how they are suppose to look got to go some where elese have them remade

I have constructed thousands of dentures in my career and cannot conclude anything from your photos. Look like most dentures.

Of course they don't look like a drawing. Patients' mouths are all different and the dimensions of the teeth and base material varies tremendously. You think the dentures of a 90 pound Vietnamese lady and an NFL linebacker should look the same?A joint like Aspen use the cheapest lab techs they can. You expect premium dentures from this outfit.But here is a fact you won't like.

The flexible material they make their ComfyCr@p dentures out of does not chemically bond to denture teeth. Denture teeth come out fairly regularly, and there is no good way to make them stick in again.You seem to think Aspen is a great place and the only problem is sloppy lab techs. The opposite is true. Aspen is a scummy corporate operation and the underpaid lab techs are doing the best they can given the poor conditions they work under.If you wanted a good denture, Aspen is the LAST place you should have gone.

Extracting all teeth was a big mistake also. It makes a world of difference to have only two tooth roots that dentures fit over.

Bad quality