Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental - Liars

TV commercial is a lie. For upper and bottom the cheapest are like & 2800... Not $800..They did have a cheaper set but we was told they was not worth buying they was more for old people, just for looks. She called them Flintstone teeth.. Litarrly... basically their cheapest Dentures are a little bit higher than most places Top Notch dentures

Don't know what you consider "top notch." In my book, "top notch" dentures include two stage impressions, testing for phonetics and jaw opening, mounting models accurately, referring to photos of patients' teeth when they were young, considering changes in the face, and a host of other factors.Then once the dentures are fabricated and inserted, doing adjustments at no charge for a maximum of 6 months.Don't know anyone who takes all these steps for less that $3000 for upper and lower dentures. Why are denture patients always such cheapskates?

Aspen Dental - Veterans cleaning scam

I made an appointment in response to an offer for a free cleaning for veterans. I showed up for the appointment and filled out the medical history form. They took me back to the treatment room and asked my reason for coming in. When I said I came in for the free cleaning, she said the hygienist had already left for the day. Why didn't they tell me that at the front desk before I filled out the paperwork? She admitted that the two girls in the office were volunteers. What's with that? What a scam. Even this review process is a scam. You can't submit a review comment without including a minimum of 100 words. ***

This is a veteran's marketing scam. A few high-profile vets do get free services so they can have their pictures taken for promotional purposes.

But not many.The pay for hygienists at A$pen is rather low. Suppose you are an overworked hygienist at A$pen. And you are asked to work a day on no charge procedures they don't count toward your possible monthly bonus. Would you hang around the whole day?What kind of cleaning do you think you would have gotten for free?

To do a cleaning, some sort of exam needs to be done first. And it is really substandard practice to do a cleaning without seeing x-rays of the teeth and bone. That alone takes 45 minutes in my practice. Exactly how would giving away enough time for an exam, x-ray, and cleaning work?

Answer- it would not!And what if the patient had years of deposits deep under the gums in periodontal pockets? Cases like that take 4 hours to clean up, if it can be done in one visit.

How could they give that away free?Bottom line is that giving away a service that is actually done correctly is impossible, and you would not have received anything of much value even if the hygienist had been there.The only way to save money on this is go to a dental school or a college with a dental hygiene program. It will only cost about a third of what it does in private practice, but boy will it take a long time- typically 3 to 4 hours!

h.kitchener

Count yourself lucky you no one was there to clean your teeth. You most likely would have been told you need a "deep cleaning" and/or have some "other" dental problems that needed work on---all at an inflated price, of course.

Go to a dentist in private practice in your area for an exam and a cleaning, etc. Stay away from Aspen or any other dental mill.

Calm. Stay calm.

Reschedule. Be polite, they are just volunteer girls. You could easily have utilized 100 words by telling us : where and how you received this "offer", what you have practiced for such services up to this point, the location of the office, why you would think they are clairvoyant and would know why you were there and your medical history without the proper paperwork backup, and how you could call this free and open forum a "scam" because of a minimum contribution requirement ?

You were permitted to state anything not threatening or obscene and chose to underinform the readership. That was 100 words and I'm not even warmed up yet.

View more comments (2)
Review
Pros
  • Bldg
Cons
  • Service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental - NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!

When I called to find out why I'm being charged for the first appointment, when I was told it would be free, Gretchen started being a real b??ch!! Has she never heard THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT? APOLOGIZE TO THE CUSTOMER, NEVER ARGUE WITH A CUSTOMER. GRETCHEN, LEARN PEOPLE PERSON SKILLS, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE!!

Sorry OP but the model of the customer is always right died almost 80 years ago. NOW the customer is just a thief or scammer who hasn’t been caught yet.

Proven time and time again in hundreds of thousands of retail stores. As we grew as a society we dropped the niceties. NOTHING is truly free with two exceptions, air and sunlight. EVERYTHING ELSE COSTS!!!

If you don’t believe me then just do a two day study. Go in on a Tuesday night to practically any retail store. Look at the prices, let’s say meat. Now on Tuesday night a pack of chicken *** may cost roughly 0.80-1.00 a pound.

Now go back the next day when they are BOGO OR BETTER and look at the price it will have shot up to $2-$3 perpound to cover the costs of offering a BOGO deal. I use this to show that what you THINK is free really isn’t.

If you were charged for the visit then you didn’t qualify for the free. As for the employee, exactly how many times a day do you think that poor person has to explain how the free works?

@Durpa

Any health professional that has to stoop to freebies or BOGOs is a desperate one that probably you should not be going to. In this great economy, every good dentist I know is busy.

Ah, the allure of something free. People will go to the lion's den looking for that proverbial "free" something.

Putting themselves in danger; risking substandard treatment- all for the prospect of something "free."Then they have to put up with the likes of Gretchen. Then they have to waste time waiting for the "free" thing, and they find out they are billed for the "free" thing anyway, and have to spend hours trying to get the charge reversed.

PT Barnum was right. There is a sucker born every minute.

View more comments (2)

Aspen Dental - Update

Aspen Dental called me and the issue has been resolved.

Aspen Dental - Poor customer service

Called today to get an appt with oral surgeon. They have no surgeon for the month of June or July. When I asked for a referral Kim gives me a number in WACO!! She also continues to ask me to repeat myself because there is so many people in the backgound(her side). I ask for her supervisor and she says Amy is in the office but i cant speak to her because she is with a client. This office is a joke, and the fact that i cant get adequate customer service shows that Aspen could care less of theor brand.

Apparently not that many oral surgeons want to be associated with this low-paying *** clinic. It is hard enough to get general dentists to work there.If you think it is hard to talk to them now, wait until you have a billing problem.

Or worse still, try to talk to a live human being when you have a credit balance you want refunded from A$pen.

It would be easier to dial up someone on planet Mars.An experienced general dentist in private practice could probably do the surgery your husband needs for a lot less money. But then, everyone thinks they can save money if TV ads say so!

h.kitchener

Perhaps this experience with Aspen will convince you to find a dentist in your area unconnected with Aspen.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Muncie, Indiana - I'm not having a procedure done !!!

1.4
Hubby is having an upper denture. The dentist prescribed Halcion for the method of sedation. I asked the receptionist to check on my hubby bc if he was going to be a little bit, i was going to go check out another store. That's when i'm told i can't leave!! I'm not under the influence of Halcion..... HE is!!! Why am i forced to stay inside the building when his procedure isn't even completed????

Because however improbable it is, they want a lucid person there should an emergency with your husband arise, and he needs to be transported to a hospital.Good luck with the denture fitting well/looking good/lasting any time with this fleabag operation! Did you by any chanced read any of the other 2800 or so negative reviews before choosing to go there?

Aspen Dental - Saw no dentist

I was in for a denture repair and was told my bite needed to be checked due to my teeth keep falling out. I never saw a dentist. I was late getting back to pick them up but they didn't even ask me to wait. I was very upset because i had another issue with my dentures. I felt they did not want to see me because i complained about having to have my teeth fixed 6 times. I never blamed the dentist or anyone. But it does upset you when you have to find a ride and keep going back. The front desk was very nice and thr lady who took my teeth was very nice. I know they are very busy but when you depend on some one to drive you. You can't just say i need to go. I am not writing this to get anyone in trouble. I am just trying to have you be aware that people dont like to be ignored. Thank you.

In most states, any patient undergoing treatment (including denture repairs) MUST be seen by a licensed dentist.Teeth falling out of dentures? Happens all the time when knuckleheads use a flexible material to fabricate dentures.

It breaks away from the inflexible denture teeth. That's why experienced dentist only specify heat-cured acrylic to make dentures.The Aspen crew hasn't got time for your denture problems.

Fixing them is not profitable. They got your money and they just want you to get lost.

Aspen Dental in Oak Ridge, Tennessee - HORRIBLE

1.2
My experience was so bad that I would not take my dog there. I started off with a wonderful dentist who left to find another practice because they were trying to get him to do fillings on people who did not even need them. It took 5 months to get a permanent bridge put in and every time I went in Dr. Brown about killed me with her numbing shots. Not only did this drag out, but every time I had an appointment scheduled they would call to reschedule stating the dentist had an emergency. How many emergencies can someone have in a six month period? I felt so stupid asking my manager to change my day off every week for my appointment. Then after everything is finished I get a bill for almost $2000 when I have two dental plans and was told I would not owe anything. Please let everyone you know so they do not end up with the same horrible experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right about not taking your dog to A$pen. It would be cruelty to animals.It took 5 months to get a bridge done, huh?

Your dentist's "emergencies" were probably interviews for better jobs. A$pen is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to employment in the dental profession. How would you like to go to 8 years of college, then work for a low wage that necessitates scamming patients to have unnecessary treatment? You know that most dentists rarely do bridges anymore, unless they are implant bridges?

The failure rate is just too high.

The teeth that are cut down so often need root canals. Let's see how long your A$pen bridge lasts.

Review
Cons
  • Always rescheduling
  • Rough work resulting in pain during visit
  • Work that was done
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Oak Ridge

Aspen Dental in Danville, Kentucky - You guys suck

Never had such poor service in my life! I came in to get a sore tooth pulled, walked out with a $12000.00 estimate and all my teeth hurting. I don't recommend anyone schedule with the Danville KY branch.!! # aspendentalsucks
Review

Aspen Dental - Terrible !

Had 4 teeth capped. 4000$. One broken off in front tooth, after they done root canal. Had to have it pulled by another Denist. They DONT STAND BY THIER PROMISE! Cost 3000$ to have a bridge done by another dentist.

90% chance these bozos did not do a cast post on the root canal tooth before doing the crown. Weakened from the crown prep, it just broke off.The young dentists employed at these chop shops do not have the equipment, supplies, or mentoring to do things the right way. Yet they are pressured by managers to do the maximum $$$s of dentistry on each patient.When corporate America gets in the business of dental clinics, patients suffer.

Bad quality