Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Toledo, Ohio - Bad dentures

2.0
My husband and I spent $1800 on dentures for him 2 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with them. In the actual year and a half he has worn the permanent dentures they have broken 6 times and currently have *** in them after being repaired just a month ago. The office manager has not returned any of his calls and when he has been in the office she is always to busy to speak with him. His dentures have a money back guarantee. Today, I called to speak with the manager and of course she was busy and couldn't talk to me and I explained what I was calling about and I was very nice and my tone was matter-a-fact. I asked to have a return phone call today. I called at 4:35 PM to find out the office closed at 4:30 pm and I never received a return call. My husband has complained about the dentures from day one. He can't speak correctly, it's hard for him to eat because they do not fit properly. It's one thing to have to have your teeth pulled, by that I mean it's hard enough and not having your dentures comfortable and working properly is depressing to say the least. Enough is enough. We want our money back and are going to go elsewhere if we are ever able to speak to the office manager. I also have had dental work done at Aspen and the crowns I have had put on 2 years later are still painful. The doctor told me to give it time. I think 2 years is enough time. This dental office and it's work is a joke.

Wow, sounds like all offices are pretty much the same. My issue is both upper and lower, been trying to get them to fit properly now over 3 years, but nothing.

Mine, too, are guaranteed and I have close to $6,000 involved. I have been told that corporate tells the dentists and other employees to pretty much give patients a screwing, uses cheap materials, and gets rid of those who don't agree to do so!

@Ethicless

You heard right. All A$pen offices are cut from the same greasy mold.

CEO Robert Fontana controls the whole shebang for Leonard Green & Partners, the private equity shysters that own the chain of chop shops. There is no way dentists working for these crooks could do a good job on treatment.

Your husband might die waiting for that refund. Criminals don't give up their booty easily.

Dentures that crack are often a sign that they need a reline. If the teeth look satisfactory, you might have another dentist reline them.

That will improve the fit, and possibly prevent more fractures. A quality lab reline will cost between $400 and $500.

h.kitchener

Go to your state's main website and find your state's consumer protection agency and file a complaint with them. Also, while on the same state site find the agency that licenses/regulates dentists and file a complaint with them also.

In the meantime, find a dentist in your area as you really need to see a competent dentist who can help your husband with dentures. And, of course warn everyone you know about Aspen.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Quality and fit of dentures cannot eat or speak properly
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Bad

Aspen Dental - They do not hold to their guaranteed

I just new dentures from Aspen . When they tried the waxed ones end. I mentioned that they were too small. But they all said it it looks great on me. So they made the dentures for me. Everyone has told me how bad they look. How small they are. They’re way too small. The staff is not professional at all I had a very unprofessional experience with them. I asked him about their sign that says we guarantee your dentures or your money back. I don’t want my money back I just want them done right. Now I have to go pay to get new ones done. They do not keep to their guarantee.

A "Guarantee" means nothing if the people who make it are crooks! They might remake your denture several times and still not get it right.

Competent dentists look at photos of a patient when they were young with all their teeth to get clues on which denture teeth should be chosen and how they should be positioned. A sleazy corporation rushing young inexperienced dentists to see as many patients as possible doesn't allow enough time to study old photos.

You get what you get. Good rule to follow: Any health care provider that advertises on TV is one you should avoid at all costs.

Aspen Dental - Bad scheduling/forgetful

Made first appt three weeks earlier called to check on it few days before ABSOLUTELY no record of any appointment WTH! The right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing

That is because most all appointments by phone are made from a centralized location. It the new appointment data does not make it to the local A$pen office, you get what you got. Don't you think it might be a good idea to go to an independent dentist where all appointments are made from that office?

Aspen Dental - I lost so much money and time off work
A friend asked me to post because she wanted to make sure everyone knows that Aspen Dental doesn't always do the right thing. They told my friend that she needed a lot of work done, but come to find out she didn't even need half of what they suggested. She did however allowed them to do a deep cleaning. The hygienist was very inexperienced, and cut her gums several times. The hygienist said that was normal, but her new dentist did not agree. She is very upset, but happy because she found the new boycott grassroots movement called B.A.D. Aspen Dental_BAD We have some images we want to post on behalf of Boycott Aspen Dental. Join B.A.D. today; we are gonna be around for a while, but still join today! Visit www.boycottaspendental.com Aspen Dental has a horrible history of causing harm to people. Simply do a search on google "Aspen Dental Complaints" and pages of info will pop up for you. Or do a one stop click seeing thousands of Aspen Dental complaints http://boycottaspendental.com/aspen-dental-horror-stories.html See you at the picket line October 6, 2018!
Review
Pros
  • Blue colors
Cons
  • Red in my bank account after a visit to aspen dental bad
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Complaints
  • Aspen Dental Reviews

Aspen Dental - Scammed

Hygienist told me she could not perform a regular cleaning, could only perform a deep cleaning which would cost a "little bit more". She also said I needed a crown and a filling, and could schedule all three treatments at once so I agreed. They required partial payment at that time with balance due prior to the treatments. When I returned and paid the balance to the receptionist, I asked for an itemized receipt. She said she would provide that on completion of the treatments. The hygienist then informed me that my entire mouth did not require the deep cleaning, just five spots in the back. On completion of the cleaning, I asked about the crown and filling. She said I was not scheduled for that. When asked what did I just pay for, she said I had only paid for the cleaning and that she knows nothing about prices. She had conveniently forgotten what she had told me on the previous visit about the deep cleaning costing "just a little bit more". I have records of my previous regular cleanings and know the cost, which is FIVE PERCENT of the amount of what they charged me for the deep cleaning. I would never have agreed to pay that much, the only reason I did was that I understood that this amount covered the filling and the crown. When I reminded the hygienist of what she had initially said about the cost, and scheduling the crown and filling together with the cleaning, she and the receptionist (who were the only staff on the premises) both told me I was confused. I am not confused. This was a blatant misleading.
h.kitchener

And------another dissatisfied Aspen Dental customer. Who would have thunk it?

Yes, you got scammed, starting with the need for a "deep clean." This is how Aspen makes money, on selling you on the need for a deep clean and then charging an arm and a leg for everything else in addition to the large deep cleaning.

You apparently have had experience with dentists in the past. Cannot tell you what to do about the $700 you already paid, but I would run, no walk to a dentist in private practice in your area for any dental needs.

Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Dickson, Tennessee - Need to know who I need to place a Complaint to

2.2
My partial broke and they told me why didn’t I have my permanent ones yet. Told me I had to walk around with missing teeth in the front . I feel like I have been over charged for my teeth. They told me it would cost me around 3 thousand for my teeth and I have paid more than that. Every time I go to the dentist and I think that everything is paid they as me to pay more money

1.7

Update by user Jul 26, 2018

I failed to add that eating solid food has not been possible since the nightmare began in January. & during yesterday’s visit , the ill fitted denture was cracked in three places but still placed in my mouth to wear which is impossible.

I called & was told I could bring it & leave it & it could possibly be repaired unless the warranty had expired. (Again.. The dental facility broke it...) Plus... there is no way that I will depart my home without teeth in my mouth.

I refuse to be seen toothless by anyone. I’m more that horrified.

Original review posted by user Jul 26, 2018

Probably the worst experience of my life. When I went to my first appointment for two lose teeth, the lady that did the X-ray, told me that all my teeth were to be pulled. I disagreed. The dentist later told me that it would be less expensive in the long run if I allowed all my teeth to be extracted. I clearly stated that I only wanted the lose teeth pulled. I assumed that a partial would be my choice to replace the teeth that were lose. When I arrived for the extractions, I was told again that I was scheduled to have all my teeth extracted. I became extremely emotional & the dentist came to the front & discussed the procedure with me, telling me about the expense. Again.. I clearly explained that I DID NOT want my teeth pulled. He agreed to do, as I wished, although he advised strongly about the cost. The dentist suggested that I cancel & make another appointment due to me being so upset & him staying on schedule with the other appointments of the day. Again he agreed to only remove the loose teeth on my next visit. He prescribed 3 valiums for me to take before my visit. I followed the instructions given to me. 1 Valium before bedtime, another when I woke up & the last was to be taken on my way to the appointment. While waiting in the dentist chair, I pulled one of the lose teeth. I was completely numb. The dentist came in & the assistant was talking a lot. I was very drowsy & numb. After a little while, the dentist walked out of the room without a word. The assistant handed me a bag & asked if I could walk. I was very light headed but did my best to stand. She wished me well & as I was walking away, I rubbed my face to check the numbness & realized I had blood running down my cheek. I quickly turned & asked for a paper towel. The assistant handed me one & rushed me out the door. When I got in my car, my mouth was so numb, I couldn’t feel with my tongue. I looked into my rear view mirror to find that the dentist had pulled/cut out all my upper teeth. I broke into tears, absolutely devastated. In the bag that was provided to me was a denture, a very genetic denture that I was supposed to wear. I made it home. My entire life has been damaged by this experience. I’m forced to wear this generic denture for 6+ months. Even though the dentist promised to have another denture made to resemble my real teeth, until it was time for the permanent denture to be made. The promise was broken. I made several attempts to make an appointment for the promised denture but was refused an appointment each time, telling me that, I had to wait until 6 months had passed. In May, I was feeling desperate, I called to complain/cry ect. I begged for an appointment & was put on hold & then the call was ended without answers or an appointment. An hour later, I received an automated call from Aspen & finally after the 6 months, I was given an appointment for December 26th. Being extremely upset, I called the office again , demanding a visit within the week instead of waiting 7 more months for the December appointment that I had been given moments earlier. I was given a time & date. During the visit, I explained my anguish & frustration, the dentist told me that , I would have to wait & get the permanent denture. The earlier promise was dismissed. Again I left in tears. My next appointment was yesterday. I arrived & was quickly told that I owed another amount that was close to $800. keep in mind that it’s already cost close to $2,000. While there, I needed a liner for the generic denture because it falls from my mouth if I try to speak. I got the liner but the generic denture was broken in three places but still placed in my mouth to wear. I’m in a terrible predicament. The first two photos were taken the morning of my first appointment. The send is after the appointment. The third shows the non fitting denture supplied by Aspen. Again.. I’m beyond devastated. I would have never, in all my life agreed to have had my mouth mutillated. This is irreversible & I pray no one else will ever encounter such misery. Thank you.
FamousBorderTerrier780

This is an excellent reminder for that we ALL need to have a witness/advocate with when going in for proceedure. Also, ALL instructions/agreement ts must be put in writing and signed by the dentist, the patient & the advocate!!

What a NIGHTMARE!!! I wonder about the strength of those valium tablets?

@FamousBorderTerrier780

Wow

SCAM CLAIM. PATIENT WANTS FREE-LIKE PRICES FOR PREMIUM LABOR

@DR_JOSH_HARRINGTON_DDS

You are as ignorant as ASPEN!!! No human wants this to happen.. Plus nothing has been FREE!!!!!!

@DR_JOSH_HARRINGTON_DDS

Premium???? I now have blisters on my lip, the DENTIST microwaved wax & burnt my lip...

@DR_JOSH_HARRINGTON_DDS

ASPEN ARE THE SCAMMERS NOT THE VICTIM. IM SO LUCKY I DODGED A BULLET USING THEM!

Newest update; Wow! I see that this will never be right.

FALSE! THIS WAS WRITTEN BY A COMPETITOR

@Anonymous

What are you talking about?

@Anonymous

How in the world can you say/type false...? I’m not competing with anyone, I was totally railroaded.. I’m sure you can see my pictures that I’ve posted.

I agree, total competitor, false complaint. Reporting it ASAP

Agree? With yourself?

Trolls need teeth too.

So. until this happens to you, be nice.

@Anonymous

Go back to work at Aspen Dental Anonymous!

@Anonymous

That’s why you are anonymous Right !?!?

You did a good thing if you provided them these old photos of your old smile. It gives valuable evidence for correct tooth position and size.

I wish more patients could provide me photos like yours. Those front denture teeth are much too short and the flange (pink part) is way underextended. The problem may have been they did not reduce enough bone to make room for the right sized teeth. This is what makes fabricating dentures so incredibly difficult.

One miscalculation and the patient is unhappy.

Yours was a tough case to get right esthetically. There is no chance a corporate mill like Aspen using young dentists could have gotten it right.

@ClydeDDS

Thank you but... I’m wondering..

What in the world, do I do now?

I’ve already paid Aspen a ridiculous amount of money.. :(

@Myra

The only thing they understand is legal action and bad publicity. Demand a refund.

If they refuse, take the photos to small claims court. They sometimes settle if they see a lot of bad publicity and/or a court case.

Sometimes they settle if the demanded amount it $5000 or less. But they will try to dicker you down to a pittance.

If they extracted ALL your teeth without a written consent authorizing that, they are in big trouble. Immediately ask them for a copy of your informed consent.

If there is none, or they forged your signature, they are in big trouble. Also it is not appropriate to ask a patient to sign an informed consent when they have been tranquilized. You are right. Your denture is pretty stupid looking.

The teeth are way too short.

It is very, very difficult to get a patient adapted to an immediate denture or partial. That is why it is so important to save your natural teeth.

@Seasoned Dentist

Believe me... I wouldn’t have taken a million for my natural teeth.

I’m just in a terrible mess. Since my last visit, this “thing” in my mouth has broken in 4 different places & 2 teeth have fallen off.

I’ve glued & glued.. :( It’s all horrible...

@Myra

When the bone is under-reduced, the pink plastic is too thin. When the plastic is too thin (and when it doesn't fit the tissue well) it breaks.

A lab reline might make it durable, if no more attractive. Unfortunately, most dentists would have to charge at least $400 for that.

@Myra

Maybe you should have taken care of your teeth to begin with.

h.kitchener

Not too sure why you have put up with this all these months. Get yourself to a dentist in private practice in your area---talk to fiends, relatives for a good one---and pay for an exam and see what he says about what can be done at this point. Under no circumstances continue with Aspen.

Myra_2018
@h.kitchener

I went back because I paid a lot of money & really can’t afford another $4,000 bill.. (give or take a few) I’m just so terrribly disappointed & miserable. I don’t know which way to turn.

They Wil not refit my denture that I bought from them

View more comments (23)

Aspen Dental - BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

They are TERRIBLE!!!! STAY AWAY. Keep screwing with appointment. Moved me from East longmeadow to Springfield.(E l closed). Know wonder with this type of service. I can't eat anymore SOUP!!! Was supposed to have dentures by June. Put off till August!!! Now they need to order supplies? How do they stay in business? Been w/o dentures for 7mo. Im absolutely pisst off. If i had more time id tell you the whole horror story. STAY AWAY.

Going to Aspen is like watching Nightmare on Elm Street. Only the people being butchered include YOU! Once they got your money they are pretty much done with you.

Aspen Dental in Crestwood, Illinois - I want a refund

I paid $1379 for a set of partial that don't fit and has my mouth sore every time I place them in my mouth. I went in several times for ajustment which did not work. When you call to complain the manager don't return phone calls. I went in to see the manager after having an appointment and was kept in a exam room for over thirty minutes before I took my partial and left. The manager never came back, after a worker seem me sitting in the exam room for a while she went to tell her I was waiting and she still didn't come back. Poor busy. I am on a fixed income and to pay for something that I don't use is not right. I have had the partial's since May 2018 and have not been able to wear them.

Aspen offices do not have dental surveyors, an instrument essential to designing good partials. In addition many times Aspen uses labs in China to save money.

The quality of the lab work is not that good. Basically it is a miracle with these shysters manage to make a wearable partial.

Apparently a miracle did not happen when you went to have your partial fabricated. Next time go to a reputable independent dentist.

Review
Pros
  • That i could get an appointment quickly

Aspen Dental - Awful

I spent 2500 on dentures3 years ago went today to get them adjusted she said no no no your bone structures will not support dentures i told you last time we cant do any thing sorry she made me feel like a child i walked out i did saythank you but im pissed of she wants me to spend 16000 to get medal out my jawthat was there causemyjaw broke i will not gothere again

Not sure why they need a metal plate out of your jaw to make dentures. Never had one interfere with a denture, but I guess anything is possible.Whatever you do, don't let the Aspen clowns talk you into implants.

It would be a very, very bad mistake letting a clown club like Aspen put cheap implants in your mouth.Please go to an experienced dentist, preferably a prosthodontist like me, to be evaluated. Such people can give you the honest truth about what can be done in your mouth.

@ClydeDDS

We try clowns like Aspen because we can’t afford folks like you. I have lousy teeth.

I got a $7000 estimate by my new dentist. ( my original retired) I cannot afford that no matter how you slice it

@Jerry Kibbe

Funny thing is most estimates I see from the clowns at Aspen are more expensive than treatment estimates from independent dentists. Don't believe every stupid lying TV ad you see.

Making good dentures involves many hours of work when they patient is there and after the patient leaves.

If you think many hours of work by a highly trained professional should cost only a few hundred dollars you are obviously delusional. I've done estimates countless times and saving a few teeth to make partials is always cheaper.

View more comments (2)