• show-popup

Shares 0

Aspen Dental is going down!

Company Aspen Dental
Product / Service Dental Services
Location Cleveland, Ohio
Category Dental Services
Views 1775

I am an extremely dissatisfied "patient" of Aspend dental.After reading through hundreds of complaints which echo mine, I am going to make it my mission to bring their fraudulent and unethical practices to light and bring them down.

Anyone with ANY inside info or complaint, please post it! Don't allow this criminal practice to continue. Class action lawsuit coming!
To satisfy the word requirement: Keep complaining, gather your information, keep records, keep a journal, take pictures, post your complaints, don't stop bugging them...whatever it takes.

They need to be stopped!Six more words...medical malpractice and insurance fraud are serious!!! 2fff2c9

Comments (221) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 221 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 11  from Cleveland, Ohio
I want to have them shut down! I refuse to pay them for torturing! I was sedated and after having complications they had to wake me up . the good old doctor kept pulling my teeth after countless times trying to alert him that im in severe SEVERE pain! Dental school dropouts!
Reply to cookiez970

Dec 20, 2013
Consumers, do you research before accepting a "free new patient dental exam".

Reply to Anonymous

Oct 28, 2013  from West Burlington, Iowa
I am wondering if when i had one tooth infected and they had to pull the one next to it also they said fine just get it out it was killing me... I was called the next day for a followup she said and i said it hurts so bad.. she said to come in and i went to the counter and a nurse or someone looked at me and said i needed to go to the ER.. I wound up being admitted for facial cellulitis.. could i have gotten it from that procedure? I was in the hospital for 3 days on a heavy antibiotic intravenously every 4 hours.. pain worse than having a baby... Did I get it from unclean instruments? It was really scary..and i was *** enough to go back and talk to them about dentures which is another whole nightmare... anyone know if facial cellulitis is caused by what Aspen dental did to me..
Reply to anniefarber

Oct 28, 2013  from West Burlington, Iowa
Please count me in I would love to see this compnay pay for there bad practices and misleading patients.. and fraud

Aspen Dental is not a good place DO NOT go there..Ruined my life !!!!!!!

:( oh my god.. this is exactly what happened to me... they pulled 15 teeth and slapped on some temporary dentures that made me gag and would not stay in.. they kept putting soft liners in.. so i waited almost a year for my permanent dentures and when i was about to get them i saw there ad for implants... i was asking about it and they said yes those would be good for you .. they had not applied a 2500.00 credit to care credit the financing i found out...( i had the credit due to the fact that i found out that my teeth when they removed them didnt have to be surgically removed..they came out easily.. they had mentioned the credit that might happen afterwards to the account when we first started the process of getting dentures. that credit was not applied to care credit for almost 6 months.. and we found out about it when i asked if my teeth had to be surgially removed and they said no none of the did.. 6 months of them not applying the credit to care credit I dont know who is to blame for that... ) okay so back to the implant discussion when i was talking to them she was already getting it set up for them and i said wait we have a credit of 2500.00 and some odd cents that we could use for
Reply to anniefarber

May 16, 2013  from Danbury, Connecticut
all these people want to do is pull teeth and sell you dentures. BEWARE. they lie.
Reply to FRANK

Nov 07, 2012  from Indianapolis, Indiana
I was an Office Manager for Aspen Dental..... let me tell you about how they work! They hire most of their managers with absolutely no dental experience!! They target SALES PEOPLE!! Every employee has to go through their website to apply where they take a questionaire tha grades their potential SALES POTENTIAL, I happened to have 20+ years dental experience which allowed me to immediately understand how screwed up things were. They hire people to work their front desk and treat them like work horses!! They have no dental experience, they get 2 weeks training on "everthing" there is to know about dental insurance..... those are the people that call your insurance company and put in your benefits into the system that estimates how much your insurance will pay, 2 weeks isn't even enough time to learn dental terminology much less the complicated clauses of dental insurance plans. No wonder your accounts are messed up!!! Then you have your exam..... most likely the dentist you saw has several patients in the chair waiting on him, and your appointment as a new patient was pobably made when you called in to their call center in Syracuse, NY. Those people at the call center are not trained to look at the Dentists schedule to see if he's doing a root canal, a full mouth extraction surgery. They are trained to put a patient in a slot!!!! Those new patient slots can be 10 to 12 per day. Each scheule for the Dr. has 3 columns in which have patients scheduled all the way... Show more
Reply to Kathy

Dec 20, 2012
I was a former employee at Aspen too. They treated me absulutely horribly!!! The office manager knew nothing about dentistry, along with harrassing and intimidating all employees in the office. It was a nightmare to work there, not to mention how badly they taking advantage of patients. The people who work there and agree with their scam sales tactics are despiccable!!!
Reply to Disgusted Former Employee

Apr 04, 2013
Everything is true, guys. I'm a former employee too. That's why I left, because I was sicking tired of a harassment of my manager. His threatening eyes on me, trying to make me scared, his ridiculous conversations that he can cut my vacation, which he did, his annoying singing and whistling of a song from " Kill Bill" were just a part of their game that to keep all of us under pressure. I mean "Their", mentioning the meanest regional managers as well. Have you heard,guys, that the former dental assistant sued Aspen, because her manager hit her? It's just crazy!
Reply to Mona

Nov 03, 2012
I definately felt like just another number at my local AD facility. I made a big decision in my life to go the dentist. Get my teeth fixed and be done with constant discomfort with toothaches. I was recommended to AD by a friend. They said there was a huge deal going on for new patients. So I went. Totally regretting the visit because of all the comments I get about my teeth. But step up and forward anyway and made my appointment. I didn't even care what the cost was. I'd figure something out. Well, I didn't even get xrays done for my counceltation. I had each tooth poked at, he was talking to the assistant in the other room, in code as in what tooth needed what. By then, he pretty much had my top teeth covered and was going for the bottoms. So I was poking fun and said "my goodness, maybe I should get dentures". He responded with, "it's a good possibiliy". That'll I'll need them in the near future because all the dental work I was gonna be needing. Won't hold for very long. As terrified as I was. I was gonna go for it. I wanted to nice smile for once. I never did like my teeth anyway. Always had that yellowish tint to them no matter how often I brushed and what with. I guess that means I have hard teeth so I've been told in the past. Still doesn't make anyone feel better about smiling lol. Never had straight even teeth either to go along with that. So I went in to talk with the lady who is in charge of dentures. All she was discussing with me was the price. Naturally being... Show more
Reply to Confused

Oct 01, 2012
Went to Aspen Dental in Syracuse NY. Had some issues with billing. We have had the same insurance company for almost 20 yrs I am pretty familiar with how they pay and what they pay. We have always paid what we owe after treatment and then the insurance covers the rest. Not with this company. The funny thing is I expressed concern with billing issues(in an appropriate way) I did not get loud or obnoxious at all. It was like we would get a notice that we owed more money due to insurance not paying so we would pay it and then a couple of weeks later there would be a new bill. We had already begun the process of finding a new dentist because we didnt want to go thru this anymore. However, 3 days after expressing concern with the billing practices we receive a notice in the mail saying that we have been terminated as patients with ALL Aspen clinics...they feel that it is their best interest. That type of behavior makes me really wonder if there are some shady actions taking place in their billing processes. Be very careful with Aspen I wish I would have never walked thru their doors!!
Reply to Should have known better

Sep 19, 2012
I went to aspen dental in May bought the top of the line dentures and have NOT been able to wear them casue they fit part way up on my gums...not all the way up I was told from the dentist she will NOT do anymore to these dentures and they are sending me to their other store...wtf????
Reply to Lori

Sep 04, 2012
:upset
I went to Aspen dental here in CT because I had a toothache. It took me a two weeks to get in there to get the tooth removed. As it turned out, I was allergic to the antibiotic. In addition, they ended up taking three teeth out and had to remove part of my jaw bone and never informed me of what my options were. I am still having issues because the gum did not heal correctly and I am left with nothing to chew on. I have two other teeth that have to come out, but won't go back to them. I should have gone to another dentist who would have done root canals to save the remaining teeth. Aspen didn't offer me that option.
Reply to anne, Hamden, Ct

Sep 03, 2012
Was told I needed all my teeth pulled except 3...had them done last Thursday...top full denture is like something out of a cartoon...IT IS EMBARRASSING ..this is a holiday weekend...can't see anyone till Tuesday...reading this makes me sick to my stomache...sob! First, I am a professional Licensed Real Estate Appraiser in Illinois. I receive all the monthly State Disciplines against any professional license which includes Dentist.

This is YOUR BIGGEST WEAPON - FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH YOUR STATE BOARD - LOOK UP (YOUR STATE) DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION. Mine in Illinois: State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Go do a search..start with the dentist and if you can find a license...try Aspen Dental...I do not show any license with Illinois for Aspen...going to ask for copy. Realize people - this is your strongest weapon. #1. Aspen Dental needs a professional license as a facility in every state it operates. #2. File against the dentist. He will have to answer to the state board made up of his peers. #3. I am filing against the office manager who actually did take my impressions - I believe she did Dental Service without a State License...BIG BIG ISSUES....#4. Anyone having issues with their credit company can file with this department since they regulate all Financial Institutions and I have seen it from Collection Agencies, Quick Cash Places to the Biggest Banks...They will investigate each and
Reply to Sick in Rockford, IL

Dec 21, 2013
This is wonderful information.. could you post it on our Facebook page
Aspen Dental Nightmares

I myself have a lawyer and am included in the Class Action Law suit out of Syracuse NY.
you have some wonderful information that needs to be spread.
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 29, 2012
Sorry to hear you guys have had such poor experiences. That's tough to hear, especially since I loved working for Aspen (left to do some volunteer work).

They're one of the few practices that encourages dentists and hygienists to diagnose periodontal disease and actually have a program for successful healing. I have also done temporary placement hygiene work for many different offices. Many private practices don't bother with the patient's gums and bone surrounding the tooth (aka periodontal health). There are all kinds of systemic health problems correlated to periodontal problems, ie- Alzheimer's, Heart conditions, COPD, etc. The doc comes in and says, "Hey ya look great!" as they let your gums rot and let your cavities get bigger so they can get the most out of insurance by doing a 3 surface filling instead of 1 or 2.

If you feel you are being upsold for a cleaning, you probably aren't. Make sure the hygienist probes all of your teeth and charts it. Ask the hygienist to show you the x-rays and make sure she shows you where the enamel is vs. where your bone levels are. If the bone is below the enamel and your gums are bleeding (either from probing or when you floss/brush at home), then you have an infection that needs to be addressed. We don't feel much pain in our gums, so infection is usually not a matter of whether your gums hurt.

As for the billing stuff, I really tried to stay out of that, as it is not my job (at Aspen or
... Show more
Reply to ex aspen hygienist

Jul 21, 2012
I went to Aspen Dental about 3 years ago. I was told I needed all my teeth extracted and need dentures. Three years later and still in pain. I decided not to do the treatment there. They quoted me $7,900.00 out of my pocket with my insurance. Thank God I did not finance anything or do any type of payment plan with them. I am seeking a new dentist within my dental insurance. However,I noticed that my DHMO takes very few dentist and using mainly Aspen Dental.
They are not for people. I will not go back.
Reply to Maggie, Columbus, Oh

Jul 16, 2012
I paid for my bf to get some work done. Dental work is never fun, but his complaints suggested something more was wrong. I'm not angry, just sad that they hurt him so badly. I also thought we were doing the right thing for him, only to find out later how awful it is and they made his problems worse. I wish I had seen these earlier, and I should have known my instinct about "McDentist" was right in the first place. Don't go! Your teeth are the seat of your health.
Reply to Shocked

Jul 09, 2012
i live in stow oh.had a appointment with aspen dental to fix a tooth on my daughter .it needed a crown ,they put one on it came off 3 months later .this went on for 4times . im going back for the 5time .each time they tried to charge insurance by putting a differant tooth .bad office visit.we switched dentist!!!!! :sigh
Reply to bill

Read next Aspen Dental complaint

Gave false price quote and would not honor it

my husband went to Aspen Dental to get his dentures because when I called and got a price, I was tol...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Aspen Dental.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug