Aspen Dental Employee
I have been with Aspen dental for about a year now.When I accepted the position as an office manager I was excited about advancing my career.
If I had only known then what I now know 1 year later I would have NEVER accepted the job. The training is about 3 months long at the corporate office in New York. We learned the computer system, how to enter treatment plans and practiced presenting the treatment to patients and how to sign them up for payment options. We were told not to use the F word, meaning not to say "financing", as if patients wouldnt catch on that we were signing them up with interest bearing loans so that they can pay for the very costly treatment plans that the dentists would create after doing a comprehensive exam.
I will say that some of the doctors that I have worked with have complained that Aspen is all about money. They require us to pack the schedule, the docs are working three chairs all at once and it is very hard to do quality work when they are spread so thin. The staff works about 10 hours a day, sometimes with no lunch or breaks. Everyone is constantly stressed out and exhausted.
Aspen pays their office managers on salary and thats how they get away with not paying us any over time, even though we never work just an 8 hour day. The problem is they dont tell you these things up front. After I got out of training I was notified that there would be mandatory office manager meetings every month, this meant I would go to work at 8:30am open the office a half hour early - work until lunch, leave and drive out of state 2-3 hours away for the mandatory meeting and then drive home, I got home about 11pm at night. I got paid for 8 hours!
Also, there is a weekly conference call that I would have to be on at 9am for about an hour and we didnt even start work that day until 11am. So I would get on the call from home, on my off time so that I would not get in trouble for not being on the mandatory conf call that I never got paid for. Then I would have to go to work and work a ten hour day on top of that! I have recently put in my resignation because my stress level is through the roof.
Today was the straw that broke the camals back... a patient was prescribed the wrong antibiotic and ended up at the emergency room, his father came in to the office and threatened me personally - thats where I draw the line. I called the police, they came and removed the irate person from my office, but now I just feel unsafe. In one weeks time the hygenist, front desk person and myself- office manager all have resigned from the company due to poor management, no permanent doctor on staff and temp docs coming in and doing subpar work.
When I complained to my regional manager, Carrie Chriss, she said that all we do is give her excuses, and she said "excuses are like *** holes, everyone has one and the stink!".
Pretty professional coming from a regional manager....God help us!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had to keep going back as the dentures never fit. I finally gave up and just used cushion grip until the dentures broke. They told me my warranty doesn't..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from Kaiser Permanente Privacy Compliance Program Manager for NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office stating they want a "Receipt" they think I have. Kaiser..."
- "Had upper dentures put in. After many trys at having them correctly fitted, i am not able to wear them at all. My gums bleed and the pain when i..."
- " this box it will contain $2.5M that will be deposited at Benin Regular Mail Post Office scam sit up by US of America Embassy Benin Republic am..."
- "I am a professional photographer and plan to ship my equipment for clean and check, spoke to Kristine from Kinko FedEx in Bolingrook IL, I provided all information including request..."
- "In August 2011 I made good on a promise to our teenage daughter to repaint and spruce up a room for she and her friends to “hang out” in the..."
- "don't waste your time or money with philadelphia escort traci lee,she always shows up 2 hrs late for outcall,always tries to upsell, asks for tips,and rushes the session. my last session..."
- "Bought weeding rings here, and will never shop here again! The "tungsten" wedding ring my husband got was supposed to be anti-scratch, lifetime durable, best material in the market. And..."
- "Worst quality furniture anyone can possibly buy. It's frame is made out of compressed wood, which is just as good as cardboard. The best piece of advise is to avoid..."