Aspen Dental Employee
I have been with Aspen dental for about a year now.When I accepted the position as an office manager I was excited about advancing my career.
If I had only known then what I now know 1 year later I would have NEVER accepted the job. The training is about 3 months long at the corporate office in New York. We learned the computer system, how to enter treatment plans and practiced presenting the treatment to patients and how to sign them up for payment options. We were told not to use the F word, meaning not to say "financing", as if patients wouldnt catch on that we were signing them up with interest bearing loans so that they can pay for the very costly treatment plans that the dentists would create after doing a comprehensive exam.
I will say that some of the doctors that I have worked with have complained that Aspen is all about money. They require us to pack the schedule, the docs are working three chairs all at once and it is very hard to do quality work when they are spread so thin. The staff works about 10 hours a day, sometimes with no lunch or breaks. Everyone is constantly stressed out and exhausted.
Aspen pays their office managers on salary and thats how they get away with not paying us any over time, even though we never work just an 8 hour day. The problem is they dont tell you these things up front. After I got out of training I was notified that there would be mandatory office manager meetings every month, this meant I would go to work at 8:30am open the office a half hour early - work until lunch, leave and drive out of state 2-3 hours away for the mandatory meeting and then drive home, I got home about 11pm at night. I got paid for 8 hours!
Also, there is a weekly conference call that I would have to be on at 9am for about an hour and we didnt even start work that day until 11am. So I would get on the call from home, on my off time so that I would not get in trouble for not being on the mandatory conf call that I never got paid for. Then I would have to go to work and work a ten hour day on top of that! I have recently put in my resignation because my stress level is through the roof.
Today was the straw that broke the camals back... a patient was prescribed the wrong antibiotic and ended up at the emergency room, his father came in to the office and threatened me personally - thats where I draw the line. I called the police, they came and removed the irate person from my office, but now I just feel unsafe. In one weeks time the hygenist, front desk person and myself- office manager all have resigned from the company due to poor management, no permanent doctor on staff and temp docs coming in and doing subpar work.
When I complained to my regional manager, Carrie Chriss, she said that all we do is give her excuses, and she said "excuses are like *** holes, everyone has one and the stink!".
Pretty professional coming from a regional manager....God help us!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Doctor Alberto Coto Clavo was the dentist. He broke my tooth causing 3 root canals to be preformed while in his care. He left me with half of my teeth..."
- "It is humongous , my lips get stuck and I have to make an effort to put my lips together. That makes my smile fake and I feel I..."
- "Paid a lot for dentures that don't fit right,rubbing sores in my mouth,hate the dentures .I have had them adjusted several times and still the same old way.You can look at..."
- "I am a professional photographer and plan to ship my equipment for clean and check, spoke to Kristine from Kinko FedEx in Bolingrook IL, I provided all information including request..."
- "In August 2011 I made good on a promise to our teenage daughter to repaint and spruce up a room for she and her friends to “hang out” in the..."
- " this box it will contain $2.5M that will be deposited at Benin Regular Mail Post Office scam sit up by US of America Embassy Benin Republic am..."
- "We had a wonderful experience with pictures in gold when they made a custom police star pendent for my daughters 30th birthdayShe loves it and won't take it offThe quality..."
- "Saia denied the claim because our employee didn't note damage on bill of lading. While we didn't note the issue, it is obvious that the material was damaged in route..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."